Pokemon: The New First Gen (Submissions for new Pokemon Over, Except costumes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I'm replying to a 2 month old post, I do not know, but there actually is a Special Guts variant that I made for my Harmo Shinx line.

still need a name for it though :P

Perhaps Valiant/Valiance?
Heart

It makes a theme with Guts.
I think "Brains" would be a good name for a Special Attack clone. I think "Heart" would be better for a Special Defense clone.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Well, I got done with Spirox's Mega a while ago, I just completely forgot this had a forum thread and wasn't just a Discord thing.

upload_2017-6-30_9-5-24.png

I don't have a Shiny for it yet, and if anyone has any advice I'd be willing to change it, but for now, here it is.

I also have three updated sprites I forgot to post. Two of which are because people said my designs needed more detail. Anyways...

upload_2017-6-30_9-7-44.png

Monstratus's head color now matches its body and it has a little ring of electricity flowing around its body (making its mega having one make a bit more sense), Debring has a few rocks in its ring, and Spirox only really has improved shading and outlining. Again, if anyone has advice for any of these, I'd be willing to change them, but for now, that's what I have. I'm still working on a Grievenge edit and don't really know what to do with Hyquid.

I think I also have to code these, so I'll probably do that next, but other than that, that's all I've got for now.

Attachments

Hey Pika Xreme I had an idea for a signature move for Nyantrum, please tell me what you think of it:

Schrödinger's Trap
BP:

PP: 5
Acc: 50%
Type: Normal
Category: Special
Effect: Takes a turn to charge. Instantly KO's the target of it hits. Also hits Ghost-types.
Corresponding Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (180 BP)

It's pretty uncompetitive and gimmicky but it's made mostly for flavor :)

Last edited:
Hey Pika Xreme I had an idea for a signature move for Nyantrum, please tell me what you think of it:

Schrödinger's Trap
BP:

PP: 5
Acc: 50%
Type: Normal
Category: Special
Effect: Takes a turn to charge. Instantly KO's the target of it hits. Also hits Ghost-types.
Corresponding Z-Move: Breakneck Blitz (180 BP)

It's pretty uncompetitive and gimmicky but it's made mostly for flavor :)
Thank god OHKO moves are bant, because this is really cool for flavor and we can ignore the horrifying consequences for competitive!

Thank god OHKO moves are bant, because this is really cool for flavor and we can ignore the horrifying consequences for competitive!
Well, it's not THAT bad when you consider it has to charge like SolarBeam to actually have a 50% chance to OHKO, but still, it is indeed uncompetitive and made only for flavor

DuoM2

whao
Well, it's not THAT bad when you consider it has to charge like SolarBeam to actually have a 50% chance to OHKO, but still, it is indeed uncompetitive and made only for flavor
Not that it matters, but I disagree. If you force a switch with the user, then pull that move on them, all your opponent can really do is outspeed and hope to KO or pray you win the 50/50 and sack something off.

It's still a really cool move in terms of flavor though. I like the concept.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And how is coding on this? I guess I can't help with basic Posy Paste stuff if anything :)
If you're talking about it on Dragon Heaven. idk. I haven't checked in months. If you're talking about the game. it's eh, doing decently, I guess. ;V

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ohh, I forgot about the game part! But yeah, I was asking about Dragon Heaven.
updated 9 days ago by me whilst trying to get Mega-Knyffe to not crash the server, and fixing a couple moves. Other than that, no work has been done in ~5-6 months :V

Just a thought: To prevent this forum from looking dead, we should probably be using it to discuss competitive ramifications of new Pokemon, Megas, Forms, and potential tiers (Yes, I think a tier list would be a good idea) for this "New First Gen"
I'll start by editing the first post to include a tier list of all of the Pokemon, and then we can go from there.

can I please ask why the Flamingairy line get Misty Surge if they aren't even affected by terrains
they're flying
also Pixapart still doesn't have stats

Anyway, there is only 2 Pokemon in the whole pet mod with Sticky Web, so let's look at them a bit.

The first one is Spinji.

Spinji has a Bug/Ghost typing, which is kinda sucky defensively, being weak to Stealth Rock and stuff like Flying, Fire, Dark and Ghost. What really isn't helping it defensively is having horrible 60/58/58 bulk, which means if you're going to use this thing to set Sticky Web you're going to have a hard time doing anything else: This Pokemon probably won't get webs up twice. Base 81 speed means you're going to usually get outsped while trying to get webs up, making Spinji unreliable at this role. It can run Prankster to mitigate this issue, although that means it can't set up Webs VS dark type leads. A Prankster Spinji can burn the opponent with Will-O-Wisp or set up Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, so Spinji actually does have some good utility in that it can set up any kind of hazard bar pet mod exclusive ones. It can also threaten the Dark types out with STAB Bug moves off of base 120 Attack, its only good stat.

Pros:
-Can set up any type of hazard with priority
-Can threaten Dark types with Bug moves or Will-O-Wisp

Cons:
-Appalling bulk
-Defensive typing sucks
-Low speed

Overall, Spinji is good for setting Webs up once, but once they're gone, they're gone. It is a good suicide lead.

The second one is Hyquid.

Hyquid's Water/Bug typing makes it much better defensively than Spinji, weak to Electric, Rock and Flying. It also has 120 base speed, which outspeeds a good portion of the game and it isn't blocked by Dark types like Prankster is. 96/63/81 bulk is still lacking on the physical side, but the special side is decent and it's definitely an improvement on Spinji. While 88 base Attack seems bad compared to Spinji, it has Adaptability and so can still hit hard when not getting Webs up. However, Spinji has access to priority and a much bigger range of hazards and utility moves, while Sticky Web and maybe Rain Dance is all Hyquid can really do. This makes Hyquid much worse as a suicide lead, and as such it should not be sacrificed after setting up webs.

Pros:
-Bulkier than Spinji
-Fairly good defensive typing
-Good speed
-Hits hard

Cons:
-Much less utility than Spinji: Cannot set as many hazards
-Still fairly easy to kill

Overall, Hyquid should be treated as an actual team member with importance after setting up webs, and not a suicide lead. I know it looks like Spinji has less pros and more cons, but the multiple hazard bit is very important.

Now here's a thing: None of the pokemon in this entire Pet Mod can learn Aurora Veil. RIP Veil Offense. Should we consider giving it to some things?

can I please ask why the Flamingairy line get Misty Surge if they aren't even affected by terrains
they're flying

Anyway, there is only 2 Pokemon in the whole pet mod with Sticky Web, so let's look at them a bit.

The first one is Spinji.

Spinji has a Bug/Ghost typing, which is kinda sucky defensively, being weak to Stealth Rock and stuff like Flying, Fire, Dark and Ghost. What really isn't helping it defensively is having horrible 60/58/58 bulk, which means if you're going to use this thing to set Sticky Web you're going to have a hard time doing anything else: This Pokemon probably won't get webs up twice. Base 81 speed means you're going to usually get outsped while trying to get webs up, making Spinji unreliable at this role. It can run Prankster to mitigate this issue, although that means it can't set up Webs VS dark type leads. A Prankster Spinji can burn the opponent with Will-O-Wisp or set up Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, so Spinji actually does have some good utility in that it can set up any kind of hazard bar pet mod exclusive ones. It can also threaten the Dark types out with STAB Bug moves off of base 120 Attack, its only good stat.

Pros:

Cons:
-Appalling bulk
-Defensive typing sucks
-Low speed

Overall, Spinji is good for setting Webs up once, but once they're gone, they're gone. It is a good suicide lead.

Hyquid's Water/Bug typing makes it much better defensively than Spinji, weak to Electric, Rock and Flying. It also has 120 base speed, which outspeeds a good portion of the game and it isn't blocked by Dark types like Prankster is. 96/63/81 bulk is still lacking on the physical side, but the special side is decent and it's definitely an improvement on Spinji. While 88 base Attack seems bad compared to Spinji, it has Adaptability and so can still hit hard when not getting Webs up. However, Spinji has access to priority and a much bigger range of hazards and utility moves, while Sticky Web and maybe Rain Dance is all Hyquid can really do. This makes Hyquid much worse as a suicide lead, and as such it should not be sacrificed after setting up webs.

Pros:
-Bulkier than Spinji
-Good speed
-Hits hard

Cons:

Overall, Hyquid should be treated as an actual team member with importance after setting up webs, and not a suicide lead. I know it looks like Spinji has less pros and more cons, but the multiple hazard bit is very important.

Now here's a thing: None of the pokemon in this entire Pet Mod can learn Aurora Veil. RIP Veil Offense. Should we consider giving it to some things?
Aroura Veil does seem like a useful thing to have, lets at give that to the dorshellical line. I don't know what the Flamingairy line should get.

DuoM2

whao
We could maybe give Aurora Veil to Pixflake. The East form wouldn't be able to utilize it that well, but the West form probably could for its good bulk but otherwise bad stats. All of the other Snow Warning users seem like they'd have other roles they do better than Aurora Veil or would probably be busted if they got it.

Different thing I thought I'd bring up for absolutely no reason is that old weather teams could change a lot in this metagame. Drizzle probably won't get anything new because its two users are fast pivots that only really come in on free switches and there aren't any new rain abusers.. Drought has some bulkier Pokemon, but they don't have movepools yet, so it may come down to whether (weather pun unintended) or not they get recovery. They also don't really have any good Sun abusers. Sand only really has Varibrawl for setters, but it doesn't seem like too bad of one because of its good physical bulk and sand helping patch up its special bulk, and Sandrake also doesn't look too bad as a sand sweeper thanks to its great 140 Attack and passable 90 Speed. Hail may come down to what we give Aurora Veil since Good Hail Teams = Aurora Veil.

Not really sure about the new weather, but if it's viable, old weather will have gained very little and pushed into obscurity.

We could maybe give Aurora Veil to Pixflake. The East form wouldn't be able to utilize it that well, but the West form probably could for its good bulk but otherwise bad stats. All of the other Snow Warning users seem like they'd have other roles they do better than Aurora Veil or would probably be busted if they got it.

Different thing I thought I'd bring up for absolutely no reason is that old weather teams could change a lot in this metagame. Drizzle probably won't get anything new because its two users are fast pivots that only really come in on free switches and there aren't any new rain abusers.. Drought has some bulkier Pokemon, but they don't have movepools yet, so it may come down to whether (weather pun unintended) or not they get recovery. They also don't really have any good Sun abusers. Sand only really has Varibrawl for setters, but it doesn't seem like too bad of one because of its good physical bulk and sand helping patch up its special bulk, and Sandrake also doesn't look too bad as a sand sweeper thanks to its great 140 Attack and passable 90 Speed. Hail may come down to what we give Aurora Veil since Good Hail Teams = Aurora Veil.

Not really sure about the new weather, but if it's viable, old weather will have gained very little and pushed into obscurity.
Both rain setters are also rain abusers. Hydraptor gets its Water STAB boosted and its STAB Hurricane gets perfect accuracy, while Monstratus gets perfect accuracy Thunder and Hurricane alongside whatever the heck it has for Water moves.

Also, the Tundra Mightyena costume gets both Slush Rush and Sand Rush. Shame it probably still sucks.
Mega Sunflora's ability is called Sunlight Dash, though I have no clue what the heck it does. Probably related to sun.

Apart from that, yeah, old weathers are dead. Long live New Moon and Raging Winds, I suppose. Come to think of it, are costume suggestions still open?

Now, onto Terrains, can I just say that the Toxic Mist ability is kind of silly since it basically turns Misty Terrain into Toxic Terrain for the user. I think it'd make more sense for it to just have a Toxic Terrain based ability.

Both rain setters are also rain abusers. Hydraptor gets its Water STAB boosted and its STAB Hurricane gets perfect accuracy, while Monstratus gets perfect accuracy Thunder and Hurricane alongside whatever the heck it has for Water moves.

Also, the Tundra Mightyena costume gets both Slush Rush and Sand Rush. Shame it probably still sucks.
Mega Sunflora's ability is called Sunlight Dash, though I have no clue what the heck it does. Probably related to sun.

Apart from that, yeah, old weathers are dead. Long live New Moon and Raging Winds, I suppose. Come to think of it, are costume suggestions still open?

Now, onto Terrains, can I just say that the Toxic Mist ability is kind of silly since it basically turns Misty Terrain into Toxic Terrain for the user. I think it'd make more sense for it to just have a Toxic Terrain based ability.
Sun got Blazododo, and rain finally got some viable hydration users, other than that you're kind of right. :/

DuoM2

whao

Hydraptor and Monstratus can abuse rain, yes, but they don't really do much in terms of supporting teams for rain team archetypes. They'll be alright as standalone 'mons, though. Other than that I agree with everything else you said.

Sun got Blazododo, and rain finally got some viable hydration users, other than that you're kind of right. :/
Blazododo looks nice for Sun, but Hydration probably isn't that great on Rain teams, as stalling just burns up Rain turns and most Hydration-based sets are completely reliant on Rain and are focused around stall.

i would disagree, because custom abilities and moves are what sets the mod's mons apart from mods that don't allow them. Even if you aren't going to give brand new ones, at least use ones that are already in the mod

Item clause does not exist. Doesn't really matter too much IMO, it's not really that bad.

Question for Jerrytkrot : Can moves granted by costumes only be used while in that costume?
I was thinking that when equipping a costume, the player gets to choose if he wants to replace any of the current moves, and then upon removing the costume, they would revert.

they're flying

The first one is Spinji.

Spinji has a Bug/Ghost typing, which is kinda sucky defensively, being weak to Stealth Rock and stuff like Flying, Fire, Dark and Ghost. What really isn't helping it defensively is having horrible 60/58/58 bulk, which means if you're going to use this thing to set Sticky Web you're going to have a hard time doing anything else: This Pokemon probably won't get webs up twice. Base 81 speed means you're going to usually get outsped while trying to get webs up, making Spinji unreliable at this role. It can run Prankster to mitigate this issue, although that means it can't set up Webs VS dark type leads. A Prankster Spinji can burn the opponent with Will-O-Wisp or set up Stealth Rocks, Spikes and Toxic Spikes, so Spinji actually does have some goodutility in that it can set up any kind of hazard bar pet mod exclusive ones. It can also threaten the Dark types out with STAB Bug moves off of base 120 Attack, its only good stat.

Pros:

Cons:
-Appalling bulk
-Defensive typing sucks
-Low speed

Pros:
-Bulkier than Spinji
-Good speed
-Hits hard

Cons:

note: if you're using Prankster Spinji as a suicide lead, you're giving up priority U-Turn as a possibility for your team. Hyquid is the superior websetting choice.

unless im missing something here's the best costume mons (that can make up for their lack of item)

- Superhero Raichu is a scary threat on Wind teams thanks to its Air Approach boosted Sky Attacks executing in one turn during Raging Winds.
Raichu @ Superhero Costume
Ability: Air Approach
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- Volt Tackle / Amp Slam
- Extreme Speed / Brick Break
- Aerial Ace / Brick Break

(aerial ace is in case Wind runs out while you're still attacking)​

- Tutti-Frutti Vanilluxe has Grassy Terrain to make its Grass moves hurt, and it has speed to execute them. It's no Bulu, but eh, what is?
Vanilluxe @ Mixed Biomass
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252
Timid Nature
- Sweet Strike / Sour Strike / Spicy Strike
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Power Gem

I was thinking that when equipping a costume, the player gets to choose if he wants to replace any of the current moves, and then upon removing the costume, they would revert.
understandable, also long time no see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)