SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Maybe they got lazy and figured it would be kinda insane to eventually have a mega evolution for every fully evolved Pokemon out there, including legendaries. Even just giving out all the mega stones would be a headache.
Actually it's more like they realized the power creep they accidentally created. Mega Pokemon I think were meant to maybe be an evening ground where weaker Pokemon (Pokemon in the NU, RU, and UU) could just be as strong as the most often used Pokemon (OU and Uber). However with you only able to use one, it limited to fully evolved Pokemon, and players where still only focusing on the OU and Uber Pokemon with the Mega Evolution they decided it wasn't helping with anything. And it sadly doesn't seem they want to rework it so Mega Pokemon felt more balanced and did even the playing field better (aka increasing a Pokemon's stats according to a case by case basis instead of just adding 100 BST).

World Ruler Giovanni: Hey guys, remember when we said that in the games Giovanni never showed any interest in taking over the world? Well while working on a future Smogon article spotlighting Giovanni I've been reading through his game quotes on Bulbapedia and, well, I think we might not have been remembering Giovanni right:

HeartGold & SoulSilver:
(Before battle, after hearing Team Rocket's broadcast)
"My old associates need me... We will not repeat the failure of three years ago! Team Rocket will be born again, and I will rule the world!"
Granted his plans of taking over is more using his criminal organization to coerce everyone and doesn't involve a Legendary or has any mystical element to it, but he has shown interest of taking over the world like the other villain team leaders.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Thank you everyone for your amazing work in this thread since it went live all that time ago.

I have now set up a new thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-ultra-sun-and-ultra-moon-news-discussion-mk2.3619238/ for us to continue discussion in.

Please be aware that from now onwards I will be moderating spoilers and trying to keep things under wrap to the best of my ability in the Orange Islands forum proper and will be pointing all Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon discussion to the new subforum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)