SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also interested in this. Will we finally have a high level area?
They show the double battle against the 2 veterans before the Battle Tree so I'm guesing the Mimikyu & Gigalith were just for the trailer. Since those are the last 2 regular trainers in the deepest post game area.

SM also had a really high level wild Gigalith in one of its trailers but you can't even find Gigaliths in the wild, even through SOS.

Although, if you want to get technical, they did raise the levels. The woman's Comfey went from level 61....to level 63!

They show the double battle against the 2 veterans before the Battle Tree so I'm guesing the Mimikyu & Gigalith were just for the trailer. Since those are the last 2 regular trainers in the deepest post game area.

SM also had a really high level wild Gigalith in one of its trailers but you can't even find Gigaliths in the wild, even through SOS.

Although, if you want to get technical, they did raise the levels. The woman's Comfey went from level 61....to level 63!
One can dream, right? Maybe they added other areas, or maybe they added the option to rebattle some trainers, with higher levels. That would be neat.

Alright, so Mimikyu is checked, wonder who else got a new Z crystal? Lycanrok is this gen's Zoroak/Lucario so it was expected, Kommo-o is the Pseudo, the cover Legends should've gotten there Z-moves from the very beginning, who's left?
Magearna, maybe?

One can dream, right? Maybe they added other areas, or maybe they added the option to rebattle some trainers, with higher levels. That would be neat.
It sure would and I bet they don't
The only new areas they've shown off have been ultra space (which probably won't have random encounters and only Kartana's has had any trainers) and the mantine beach. Maybe they'll buff levels here and there by a few points, and give the occasional trainer (like Hau) an extra pokemon but I'm guessing no new big explorable areas

And actually, I bet the levels are so marginally higher to account for the extra forced battles against the ultra recon squad. Presumably you regith a few at their headquarters on your way to necrozma.

FUN FACT: even if SM had a lot of refightable trainers, unless they had significant levels on them, they're no better than wild pokemon. They removed the trainer exp bonus. I assume this was to balance out the gen 5 exp system returning

To be honest the main reason Trainers tend to be better than wild pokes for experience right now is the fact that trainers tend to have fully evolved Pokes with higher base experience yields, compared to... level 56 wild Petilils.

To be honest the main reason Trainers tend to be better than wild pokes for experience right now is the fact that trainers tend to have fully evolved Pokes with higher base experience yields, compared to... level 56 wild Petilils.
Poni Gauntlet does at least have fully evolved pokemon ranging from level 56 to 59. But they still only give kind of meh exp.

This would be easily solved if they just shoved wild, non-sos Chansey into Poni Gauntlet. Or Audino.

I mean if they're never going to do something like the Nimbasa Sports Domes or the BW2 Black Tower/White Treehollow just...throw us this one bone. Wild high level exp pinatas.

Poni Gauntlet does at least have fully evolved pokemon ranging from level 56 to 59. But they still only give kind of meh exp.

This would be easily solved if they just shoved wild, non-sos Chansey into Poni Gauntlet. Or Audino.

I mean if they're never going to do something like the Nimbasa Sports Domes or the BW2 Black Tower/White Treehollow just...throw us this one bone. Wild high level exp pinatas.
SOS Audino Battles would be awesome.

I'd personally be satisfied with farmable Lucky Eggs.

It's very likely they'll add Audino somewhere in the dex. Mainly due to the fact it has a Mega. A lot of the new additions to the Alola dex shown off so far have Megas already (Manectric, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Ampharos). By this conclusion, I'm assuming they'll add Banette, Camerupt, Beedrill, Lopunny, Abomasnow, Gardevoir/Gallade, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Pidgeot, and Altaria to the dex as well (their pre-evos, of course). The starters and legends will likely be handled in the same way that the Kanto Starters' Stones were. (IE: Given by an NPC)

However, Audino and Chansey have never appeared in the same dex. I think this might cast suspicion on my prediction.

According to the Japanese page, these "O-Powers" are items called Rotopon, given to you by the Rotom Dex as your friendship increases. You can use these Rotopon whenever you want. Notice that there's a new slot in your bag (the first one on the left), which has an icon resembling the shape of the Rotom Dex, suggesting that it's a new slot exclusively for Rotopons.

Still a lot of questions remain, though, like if you can re-use them or if you have to keep rolling for new ones, whether or not they level up like O-Powers, how often you can roll for them etc.

If any Gen 7 Pokemon gets a personal Z-crystal, I’d prefer Golisopod over Togedemaru especially since bug types are overlooked.

Another posted mentioned Magearna, and that made me realize that both Volcanion & Magearna have felt forgettable, which I don’t believe precious legends have. I almost forget they exist sometimes.

So, according to the board to store the Z-Crystals, we have 6 special Z-Crystals + Pikachu one.

As of now, we've known of Necro-Lunala, Necro-Solgaleo, Lycanroc, Konmo-o, Mimikyu and we have one more left.
How definitive is that, really? This board only has 10 slots for regular Z-Crystals. Unless it's only meant to hold the existing species-specific Z-Crystals (of which there are 10 not counting Pikashunium-Z and the Z-Power Crystals), I don't buy it.

It's very likely they'll add Audino somewhere in the dex. Mainly due to the fact it has a Mega. A lot of the new additions to the Alola dex shown off so far have Megas already (Manectric, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Ampharos). By this conclusion, I'm assuming they'll add Banette, Camerupt, Beedrill, Lopunny, Abomasnow, Gardevoir/Gallade, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Pidgeot, and Altaria to the dex as well (their pre-evos, of course). The starters and legends will likely be handled in the same way that the Kanto Starters' Stones were. (IE: Given by an NPC)

However, Audino and Chansey have never appeared in the same dex. I think this might cast suspicion on my prediction.
I think it's general consensus at this point that my theory that the entire Mega-dex will be available is true.
Further reinforced by the fact that megastone codes are going away just before USUM release, and they definitely want to avoid having players rely on codes/events to obtain a single megastone per type rather than just buy them from Battle Tree or Dome.
It's legitimate to expect Audino will be available somewhere.

Chansey might likely still not appear and only stay as Happiny wild with Chansey SOSd, though.

How definitive is that, really? This board only has 10 slots for regular Z-Crystals. Unless it's only meant to hold the existing species-specific Z-Crystals (of which there are 10 not counting Pikashunium-Z and the Z-Power Crystals), I don't buy it.
The other board has space for all the 18 regular crystals, so it makes sense for this one to hold the exclusive ones.

So... No new alola forms? :/

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the fact they haven't shown any yet means there won't be new ones.

Notice how they are slowly showing new Ultra beasts and z-moves. I can't believe that less than a month before release they will come out with a bunch of alola forms. If there were any, they would be showing them gradually as they did when advertising SM and as they have been doing with all the new features.

And I don't think the standard "game freak is really unpredictable" applies here. Yes, they are pretty unpredictable when it comes to which games they make and what they put in their games, but they have been pretty consistent with the way - not the pace - they show new stuff.

Last edited:
Yeh it doesn't look like there'll be more alolan forms (still possible, but unlikely). Seembs they dedicated the design to the new areas, actually new pokemon and new plot rather than new Alolan Forms for this.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunate that it seems to be the case, especially with people floating the idea of Johto alolan Pokémon to tie in with the gs vc release. If we had new alolan formes they would’ve likely been tossed into the dry months with no news to build hype for these games before dropping the big bombs like new UBs, other team, etc. instead of just that anime tie in forme for lycanroc they keep advertising at the end of every Japanese trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)