SPOILERS! Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypertrain can definitely be expanded (expecially about the possibility of pushing a 0 IV instead of 31).

Hidden power swapping for Legendaryes or in general non breedable could be a good thing to introduce, though. It's stupidly tedious to obtain one with a specific IV, and again, you are locked into 1 (or a few more) per save.

But then, a way to "freely change legendaryes nature/IVs" even purely for online battling purpose has been in demand for a while, sadly with no response so far.

It's definitely a "wishlist material" issue, but some method to do so for future gens would greatly reduce the need of using cheating devices to alter nature/Ivs of non breedables for competitive play on cartridge.
Rusty bottle cap for a guaranteed 0IV in a chosen stat

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
They mentioned that there's going to be more side content (separate from story and postgame content) or something, right? I'm curious as to what that entails. Do they mean including more sidequests like that Eevee Brothers thing?

They mentioned that there's going to be more side content (separate from story and postgame content) or something, right? I'm curious as to what that entails. Do they mean including more sidequests like that Eevee Brothers thing?
Its probably stuff like that and the jobs you do during the main games (i.e. catching Pokemon for team aether, help people find Pokemon, etc.)

Yeah I mentioned here when translating parts of the interview that they added about 100 sub-events. I'm hoping, at the very least, that they're like the Eevee trainers and mad Tauros rather than tutorial-like stuff (though there will be tutorials for things like the Photo Club, I'm sure). Not sure if these sub-events include "beat every trainer on this route to battle me for an item" though.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I mentioned here when translating parts of the interview that they added about 100 sub-events. I'm hoping, at the very least, that they're like the Eevee trainers and mad Tauros rather than tutorial-like stuff (though there will be tutorials for things like the Photo Club, I'm sure). Not sure if these sub-events include "beat every trainer on this route to battle me for an item" though.
Even if they do include new "beat up these trainers" mini-quests (if you could even call them that), I'd doubt they'd even take up more than... 10% of the 100+ sub-events? 10% sounds right considering that we don't have that many spare routes to fill them with.

Even if they do include new "beat up these trainers" mini-quests (if you could even call them that), I'd doubt they'd even take up more than... 10% of the 100+ sub-events? 10% sounds right considering that we don't have that many spare routes to fill them with.
No, they won't, but I like those so I'm hoping they have more. I'm inclined to call them quests since you have to do a little bit of work to receive an item. I just hope the additional content isn't just more upgrade levels for the Poke Finder.

Posting this in here too since it's semi-relevant.

New event in Japan: Pokemon Centers across Japan will be giving away Rotopons (Rotom Power items) daily starting launch day, November 17th.

One of the seven will be given at random, once per day per game. These seven are Hatching, Bargain, Prize Money, EXP, Encounter, Capture, and one called おうえんぽん, which literally translates to "support-pon". Does anyone have any idea what that may do? This also basically confirms them as consumables, as opposed to having cool downs like O-Powers did. So will there be daily rolls to get them or do we unlock new ones as we progress?

There's also a new page up on the Japanese website titled "50 Keywords" showing new screenshots of the game.

New event in Japan: Pokemon Centers across Japan will be giving away Rotopons (Rotom Power items) daily starting launch day, November 17th.

One of the seven will be given at random, once per day per game. These seven are Hatching, Bargain, Prize Money, EXP, Encounter, Capture, and one called おうえんぽん, which literally translates to "support-pon". Does anyone have any idea what that may do? This also basically confirms them as consumables, as opposed to having cool downs like O-Powers did. So will there be daily rolls to get them or do we unlock new ones as we progress?

There's also a new page up on the Japanese website titled "50 Keywords" showing new screenshots of the game.
I like it.

Also, can you translate what's going on here: https://twitter.com/LH_Almeida/status/921248954188271616?

I like it.

Also, can you translate what's going on here: https://twitter.com/LH_Almeida/status/921248954188271616?
The text box asks "What will you do with Rockruff?" and the options from top to bottom are spin right, spin left, stare, and "ba!", which I'm assuming to be like "peek-a-boo" when you make a face at it.

Underneath the game screens, it says "In USUM, you can interact with Pokemon out in the wild! Their cuteness is must-see! Look out for them!"

Guys, I was reading all the theories about how Lusamine is not bad and whatnot...

However, this is from the Ultra website:

So the basic plot of bad Lusamine forcing Nebby is still there.

EDIT:

From the website posted above:

01- Your bedroom is a little different
02- You can interact with wild Pokémon on the road
03- Z-Moves had their appearance overhauled to look "more gaudy".
04- Pikachu Valley where, if you take Ash's Pikachu there, something better happens
05- New Lycanroc
06- Mantine surf
07- The guy from theh front of Professor Oak's lab in RBY is back, saying the same sentence
08- You start your journey with 30 k bucks now
09- There are people exercising at the ranch
10- New hairstyles and clothes
11- A-Exeggutors taking a sunbath or a moonlight bath
12- Talk to Rotomdex and something good will happen if you get along. Plus new Rotomdex expressions
13- A mysterious phenomenon called "Seven Wonders" related to kids
14- Ultra Recon Squad Ultra Investigating things. Strange behavior, strange appearance, many worrisome things
15- UB Adhesive, a Pokémon full of emotions and that can show cute expressions

Last edited:
Just to be a bit more specific on the first set of 50 keywords

09- Fitness! There are people exercising all over! Even if you try to walk past them without them looking at you...
13- "Seven Wonders", with keywords "young girl" and "school", try to confirm what's happening... The kid on the game screen on the right is saying "Recently there's been a ghost at school, everyone is scared and won't go to school at night"

From memory there were events that gave away 'S-Ranked' O-Powers with limited use in gen VI so it could be something like that.

Number 9 on the 50 Keywords list is cute. Game Freak wants to further promote fitness by having trainers that work out.

They're also trying to make it really obvious that a lot of these new sub events are going to involve interacting with Pokemon in the overworld, from Rockruff to Exeggutor to Pikachu Valley. Though they seem to have some form of chain of things planned with the Seven Wonders, which could be side-quests or they could be blocks of text about something in the world that's all fluff like the Seven Wonders of Echo Ridge from Megaman Starforce 3.

I know it's not a super big deal, but it was also confirmed that all the version exclusives from SM will retain their version exclusivity in USUM.

From the USUM website: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/cool-features.html

"That’s right—a Necrozma that knows Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam will be able to unleash Searing Sunraze Smash or Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom.

It seems there is even greater power still lurking within Necrozma, as well. Just how much power lies hidden within it?"

Implying there's more power beyond the two new formes and Z-moves - another new forme? - for Necrozma in USUM. It sounds a bit more concrete than what we've had so far...or it could just be Pokemon.com being hyperbolic.

Attachments

That makes some sense--USUM being an expansion on the same engine means a nice chance for the new blood to get some experience without being overwhelmed, while the senior staff carry on the considerably more difficult work of designing an entirely new engine for an entirely new console.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
From the USUM website: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/cool-features.html

"That’s right—a Necrozma that knows Sunsteel Strike or Moongeist Beam will be able to unleash Searing Sunraze Smash or Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom.

It seems there is even greater power still lurking within Necrozma, as well. Just how much power lies hidden within it?"

Implying there's more power beyond the two new formes and Z-moves - another new forme? - for Necrozma in USUM. It sounds a bit more concrete than what we've had so far...or it could just be Pokemon.com being hyperbolic.
Hmm... I'm going to say Necrozium-Z. With its new move Photon Geyser probably going to be widely used, Prismatic Laser needs something to make it relevant.

Did you not notice the face the cover boxes show when put side by side?

It's all but confirmed that thing in the center is going to be Necrozma, but all we have is this teaser until release day (or if they spoil it themselves)

Pre-ordered Ultra Moon.

Figured because I had the original Pokemon Sun, I felt like switching to Moon for USUM would be a good idea. Just my two thoughts.

Also, looks like they're bringing back the "catch every legendary" thing they do with the last game of a generation. Unless we SOMEHOW get Sinnoh remakes this gen, if ever.

Pre-ordered Ultra Moon.

Figured because I had the original Pokemon Sun, I felt like switching to Moon for USUM would be a good idea. Just my two thoughts.

Also, looks like they're bringing back the "catch every legendary" thing they do with the last game of a generation. Unless we SOMEHOW get Sinnoh remakes this gen, if ever.
We already have confirmation that these are the last games for main series pokemon on the 3DS. Next up will be the Switch project.

Oh, yeah.

It'll stink not being able to play the Gen 8+ games due to my lack of a Switch. (though seriously, that system looks like it has some cool ass shit) But I can see why they're doing it regardless. 3DS is getting a bit old after all.

Guys, I was reading all the theories about how Lusamine is not bad and whatnot...

However, this is from the Ultra website:

So the basic plot of bad Lusamine forcing Nebby is still there.

EDIT:

01- Your bedroom is a little different
02- You can interact with wild Pokémon on the road
03- Z-Moves had their appearance overhauled to look "more gaudy".
04- Pikachu Valley where, if you take Ash's Pikachu there, something better happens
05- New Lycanroc
06- Mantine surf
07- The guy from theh front of Professor Oak's lab in RBY is back, saying the same sentence
08- You start your journey with 30 k bucks now
09- There are people exercising at the ranch
10- New hairstyles and clothes
11- A-Exeggutors taking a sunbath or a moonlight bath
12- Talk to Rotomdex and something good will happen if you get along. Plus new Rotomdex expressions
13- A mysterious phenomenon called "Seven Wonders" related to kids
14- Ultra Recon Squad Ultra Investigating things. Strange behavior, strange appearance, many worrisome things
15- UB Adhesive, a Pokémon full of emotions and that can show cute expressions
I thought those screenshots were recaps of vanilla SM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)