Precipitating Pokemon (Ubers Warstory)

After trying many new teams on the Uber ladder, ranging from slightly gimmicky to beyond gimmicky, I decided to ladder a tad bit more seriously. Today being a rainy day I had nothing much else to do, and thankfully so. I fell back on the only good team I had, my first one. I had not a single match that was won or lost by more than two pokemon, but one really stuck out to me, my battle with bartthecartoon. I played under the name ExoticMailbox and my team at a glance is...

I apologize for not putting me first, I still haven't figured that out... I'd also like to apologize for other stuff, this is my first warstory. XP

bartthecartoon's moves will look like this.
ExoticMailbox's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Nicknames will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.
Hail and Leftovers will be shown once, and then omitted

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
bartthecartoon sent out Dialga (lvl 100 Dialga).
ExoticMailbox sent out Abomasnow (lvl 100 Abomasnow ?).
Dialga is exerting its pressure!
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
Hail began to fall!
Abomasnow: 100%
Dialga: 100%

To be honest I had never faced a Dialga lead before, and because I have a policy on not looking at movesets during matches I didn't know what to expect. Flamethrower would be common sense, however I assumed he would stealth rock and I could get the 2HKO.

Dialga used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
Abomasnow lost 100% of its health.
Abomasnow hung on using its Focus Sash!
Abomasnow used Blizzard.
Dialga lost 53% of its health.
The hail continues to fall.
Dialga is pelted by hail!
Dialga lost 6% of its health.
Abomasnow: 1 hp
Dialga: 41%

Whoops, I could run some calcs to verify this but I am fairly certain that my Abomasnow has no shot at bringing down this behemoth with an ice shard. I make the switch to Mewtwo as I don't want to drain my hail yet, I was too dumb to switch to Wobby, and I severely underestimated Dialga's offensive prowess.
---
ExoticMailbox switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Mewtwo is exerting its pressure!
Dialga used Flamethrower.
Mewtwo lost 35% of its health.
Mewtwo was burned!
Mewtwo's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mewtwo restored 6% of its health.
Mewtwo was hurt by its burn!
Mewtwo lost 12% of its health.
Mewtwo: 53%
Dialga: 35%

So my 'safe switch' still scrapes off 47% of my health with the residual added in. Burn isn't the worst status for Mewtwo but it does hinder me none the less. This is where I begin to play smarter, with Hail still up I can expect to outspeed and KO with Blizzard, denying him of rocks all game if he doesn't switch.

---
Mewtwo used Blizzard.
Dialga lost 35% of its health.
bartthecartoon's Dialga fainted.
Mewtwo: 41%
Dialga: X_X

(5-6)

The first blood is shed and with no hazards in play Abomasnow will make an excellent revenge killer later on, however Mewtwo is taking damage fast, hail cancels lefties and burn eats 12% a turn.
---
bartthecartoon switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
The hail stopped.
Rain began to fall!
Mewtwo used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 51% of its health.
Kyogre used Calm Mind.
Kyogre's special attack was raised.
Kyogre's special defence was raised.
The rain continues to fall.
Mewtwo: 35%
Kyogre: 49%

Hmm, a clam mind set with no leftovers. The safe bet would be a set with a lum berry, I could switch to wobby for the encore and give myself momentum. However lum berry sets shouldn't carry sleep talk, instead I run the very risky strategy of hoping for hax, either in the form of paralysis or a critical hit.
---
Mewtwo used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 36% of its health.
Kyogre used Rest.
Kyogre fell asleep!
Kyogre's Chesto Berry cured its Sleep!
Kyogre restored 87% of its health.
Mewtwo: 29%
Kyogre: 100%

Neither, and I see he has chesto over lum which makes perfect sense. In any manner I make the late switch to Wobbuffet. I pose no threat with Mewtwo and maybe he will be greed and continue to calm mind.
---
ExoticMailbox switched in Wobbuffet (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Kyogre used Surf.
Wobbuffet lost 65% of its health.
Wobbuffet: 35%

No such luck, he's too strong to survive another so my best bet is to hope he misclicks or tries to set up on Wobbuffet, to my dismay my opponent is more than competent.
---
Kyogre used Surf.
Wobbuffet lost 42% of its health.
ExoticMailbox's Wobbuffet fainted.
Wobbuffet: X_X

(5-5)

I switch in my Timid Choice Specs Kyogre and feel forced to make the predictable move. Despite the score being tied it would appear as though my opponent has controlled the tempo this entire game, which he has. A switch to Garchomp now would kill my team, anything but that please...
---
ExoticMailbox switched in Kyogre (lvl 100 Kyogre).
Kyogre used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 62% of its health.
Kyogre is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Kyogre is paralysed! It can't move!
Kyogre (Cool): 100%
Kyogre (Meh): 34%

---
Kyogre used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 38% of its health.
bartthecartoon's Kyogre fainted.
Kyogre (Cool): 100%
Kyogre (Meh): X_X

(4-5)

Hooray, no Garchomp on the team! With Kyogre down I feel much safer and wait to see what his switch in is, readying myself for a scarfed revenge killer and kicking myself for sacking Wobbuffet.
---
bartthecartoon switched in Ludicolo (lvl 100 Ludicolo ?).

Ludicolo comes in and I quickly discern that it is a subseeder. First move would be grass knot, or maybe leech seed because he knows my switch in will be small or resistant. I switch to Scizor to begin punishing him with U-Turns from him and Mew courtesy of no stealth rocks.

ExoticMailbox switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Ludicolo used Energy Ball.
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 13% of its health.
Ludicolo lost 10% of its health.
Scizor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Scizor restored 6% of its health.
Scizor: 93%
Ludicolo: 90%

Certainly not what I expected, I bullet punch to keep Scizor in so to see what Bart has up his sleeve. I am not willing to lose anything else this early on but scizor, and with no speed investment he stands no chance outspeeding a swift swim Ludicolo. I hit Bullet Punch to bypass speed, grudgingly.

---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Ludicolo lost 19% of its health.
Ludicolo used Surf.
Scizor lost 83% of its health.
Ludicolo lost 10% of its health.
Scizor: 16%
Ludicolo: 61%

I am in a very bad spot, now I know Scizor is down and I hit bullet punch once more to chip off some health before dying. Yet another pokemon gets sacrificed at full health, thankfully with a little damage this time.
---
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Ludicolo lost 18% of its health.
Ludicolo used Surf.
Scizor lost 16% of its health.
ExoticMailbox's Scizor fainted.
Scizor: X_X
Ludicolo: 33%

(4-4)

While by no means what I was hoping for Ludicolo is very battered, I have faith in my Jolly max speed (and scarfed) Mew to outspeed and KO with U-Turn.
---
ExoticMailbox switched in Mew (lvl 100 Mew).
Mew used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Ludicolo lost 34% of its health.
bartthecartoon's Ludicolo fainted.
Mew: 100%
Ludicolo: X_X

(3-4)

I hadn't known what the safest switch in would be, I don't want to be locked to a move if Kyogre is my last pokemon so I put him into play to give him the option of switching out.

---
bartthecartoon switched in Kingdra (lvl 100 Kingdra ?).
ExoticMailbox switched in Abomasnow (lvl 100 Abomasnow ?).
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
The rain stopped.
Hail began to fall!

The entrance of Kingdra assures me that this is a team based around rain. I feel uneasy sacrifing Kyogre in spite of how he helps the other team and so I send in Abomasnow to make it hail. After Kingdra goes down the team should finally begin to crumble.

Kingdra used Draco Meteor.
Abomasnow lost 0% of its health.
ExoticMailbox's Abomasnow fainted.
Abomasnow: X_X
Kingdra: 84%

(3-3)
Kingdra's special attack was harshly lowered.
Kingdra lost 10% of its health.
Kingdra is pelted by hail!
Kingdra lost 6% of its health.
---
ExoticMailbox switched in Mewtwo (lvl 100 Mewtwo).
Mewtwo is exerting its pressure!
Mewtwo used Blizzard.
Kingdra lost 54% of its health.
Kingdra used Outrage.
Kingdra went on a rampage!
Mewtwo lost 28% of its health.
ExoticMailbox's Mewtwo fainted.
Mewtwo: X_X
Kingdra: 20%

(3-2)

I knew Mewtwo would outspeed and do heavy damage with a Blizzard in hail, he was fading fast and so the 64% (including recoil) should make him proud.

---
Mew used U-turn.
Kingdra lost 14% of its health.
bartthecartoon's Kingdra fainted.
Ludicolo: X_X

Once more a pokemon is crippled to the point Mew can kill it with U-Turn, were stealth rocks or spikes on the field this strategy would have killed me long ago. Unfortunately this means Kyogre must come out.

(2-2)
The hail stopped.
Rain began to fall!
---
bartthecartoon switched in Kabutops (lvl 100 Kabutops ?).
Kabutops used Stone Edge.
Kyogre lost 80% of its health.
Kabutops lost 10% of its health.
Kyogre used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kabutops lost 90% of its health.
bartthecartoon's Kabutops fainted.
Kyogre: 20%
Kabutops: X_X

(1-2)

I didn't know the specifics, but I had enough faith in my Kyogre surviving an unboosted attack from Kabutops and knocking it out in return. It did, and thankfully so.
---
bartthecartoon switched in Manaphy (lvl 100 Manaphy).
Manaphy used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Kyogre lost 20% of its health.
ExoticMailbox's Kyogre fainted.
Kyogre: X_X
Manaphy: 100%

(1-1)

The critical hit was unnecessary, but the battle begins to look very good for me. Barring a very unique choice set I should have the battle won now.

---
Mew used Trick.
Mew obtained Leftovers!
Manaphy obtained Choice Scarf!
Manaphy used Tail Glow.
Manaphy's special attack was sharply raised.
Manaphy: 100%

I love my Mew for one reason, choice scarf. With my excessive use of U-Turn to revenge kill I am quite surprised that my opponent hadn't seen a trick coming. Then again, my favorite thing about Mew and many other's most hated thing is his versatility.
---
Manaphy used Tail Glow.
Mew used Transform.
Mew transformed into Manaphy!

Mew is one of only three pokemon to learn transform, and because of this it was almost a requirement to put that move on him for me. Now to stat-up beside Manaphy and seal the deal.

---
Manaphy used Tail Glow.
Mew used Tail Glow.
Mew's special attack was sharply raised.
---
Manaphy used Tail Glow.
Manaphy's special attack won't go higher!
Mew used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Manaphy lost 45% of its health.
Manaphy: 55%

---
Manaphy used Tail Glow.
Mew used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Manaphy lost 43% of its health.
Manaphy 12%

---
Manaphy used Tail Glow.
Mew used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Manaphy lost 12% of its health.
bartthecartoon's Manaphy fainted.
Manaphy: X_X

(0-1)
ExoticMailbox wins!
bartthecartoon has left the room.

Once again my Mew wins a match through sheer unpredictability, and this is probably him at his best. Sadly Bart logged off immediately after the match so I never got to ask his permission, and I hope that he is fine with this warstory's existence.

Props
Hax, for not interfering
Mew, for taking out half of Bart's team
Abomasnow, for weakening Kingdra
Bart for a very well played game

Slops
Scizor and Wobby, for dying before I could use them
My play in the beginning, for being so poor in general
My formatting, for messing up Bart's team
My title, for not being witty

MVP of the Game

Bart's Team

This log was formatted using Warmachine Version 1.0

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't much about Ubers (planning to get into during the spring break)
but the match could have been a tad player. You made some bad moves (wasting Wobbs and Scizor)

that being said... That mew was amazing. I'm actually inspired to build a team completely and utterly around Transformation mew.

Trick/Transform Mew was interesting, but unfortunately the warstory was marred by misplays.

1) First of all, most Abomasnows carry Protect, but even if you didn't, the smart thing to do first turn would have been to switch to Wobbuffet, who could have used Encore and Mirror Coat to get the kill or switch to another dude if you got a support move.

2) This way, you could have kept Abomasnow to switch into the JibaOgre later, hopefully getting a Leech Seed or Wood Hammer onto it.

With these two moves, you could have won easier.

I didn't have wood hammer or leech seed because mine was meant to anti-lead more than anything. Wood hammer would work to an extent, but I kept that off because it doesn't provide anything special for leads that grass knot doesn't, and the recoil killing my focus sash. That and it would remove a slot for HP Fire which I need for forretress (which my team otherwise loathes).

Honestly, the commentary felt a little stale, plus, your refusal to use calcs in battle is rather foolish pride, and led to a couple of misplays.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The start and middle of the battle weren't the best, but the Mew finish is definitely memorable. 6/10

Great warstory although the start was crappy and I don't like how you tried to kill Kyogre. Although gotta love how unpredictable Mew is 7/10

Honestly, the commentary felt a little stale, plus, your refusal to use calcs in battle is rather foolish pride, and led to a couple of misplays.
Smetimes I really wish the move timer was two minutes instead of five. It can get pretty annoying waiting for an opponent who takes like 4 minutes for each move as they are clearly running around online gathering info.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Even the finish wasn't exactly great playing, if he had just surfed there like he should have, giving him the scarf would've just sealed the deal for your loss.

That Mew is totally win! One of the top 5 coolest things I have ever seen used in a Pokemon battle, hands down, and I commend you for originality and daring.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
You only won through the opponent's stupidity, as well as the parahax on kyogre. You played rather atrociously throughout the match..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)