Other Proposal for Immediate Commencement of CAP4 [VOTE Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Birkal

Long story short - we've had enough time to dilly around the matter, but we ought to start CAP4 as soon as is possible. I know that we have wanted to sort out a few PRC threads before progressing, but the point remains that they are stagnating and are unlikely to reach a suitable conclusion within a reasonable timeframe. Furthermore, we now have sufficient knowledge, I feel, of the BW2 OU metagame that it is worth taking our first murky plunge into what are, for all of us, untested waters.

Thus the following proposal. First, we are to begin CAP4 immediately - for the OU metagame as it stands on commencement of the project, that is to say, if it were to start right now, it would be without Garchomp, and with Genesect (so, yes, with Garchomp if unbanned between now and commencement). Second, that DURING said project (but NOT at this present time) the PRC is to draw up a schedule that will dictate the order of events that deviate from the standard CAP model; that is to say that, for example, CAP5 should be conducted as per the different-tier model proposed in the recent PRC thread (hopefully by then concluded), and CAP6 should return to the standard model, and so on.

So the following two points to be voted upon

a) That we shall begin CAP4 as soon as possible, and treat unresolved PRC threads as postponed for the duration of that period.
YES / NO

b) That we shall, during the CAP4 process, strive to construct a schedule that will dictate our deviations from the current model for the future CAPs, so as to have a timeframe on which to operate.
YES / NO

EDIT: Forgot to mention a deadline! This poll will close at 10:00 GMT (05:00 EST) on 4th September.

@ a)

YES

We've had far enough time for the BW2 metagame to settle and have little reason to keep it waiting for longer. Also, the quicker we complete a regular CAP for the BW2
metagame, the faster we'll be able to do more "interesting CAPs" (i.e. Dual CAP/Other tier CAP).

@ b)

YES

If we create a schedule ahead of time, it will allow us to be ready for X CAP far sooner than if we waited until that CAP. Another reason I like this is because it allows people to know what to prepare for in terms of concepts. I know many people like working on concepts far before the actual CAP begins and I would find it unfair for those people to have to ditch their concepts because we decided on a different tier or something.

Just my two cents

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
a) That we shall begin CAP4 as soon as possible, and treat unresolved PRC threads as postponed for the duration of that period.
YES

b) That we shall, during the CAP4 process, strive to construct a schedule that will dictate our deviations from the current model for the future CAPs, so as to have a timeframe on which to operate.
YES

Ideally, I hope that we will get more PRC work done during the CAPs. Perhaps we can keep our activity a bit higher as a group in order to resolve some of this stuff so it is ready for release after CAP4, and not two months after CAP4. Regardless, let's get this next CAP running.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a) Yes
b) Yes

The fact is, there are enough issues to be worked out with a non-OU CAP that it would not go well if we were to do it right now. And while it is not a bad idea to work on these issues, we should not let that stop us from making Pokemon in the meantime. As Birkal said, I hope we can work on PRC issues during the CAPs as well as between them, so that we can actually do some of these fun ideas without having to sacrifice the number of CAPs we make.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
YES

The current OU meta is what we as a community is accustomed to, and there's a possibility that the OU metagame will drastically change in the coming months if new things are banned or unbanned. To protect ourselves from any drastic metagame changes that would make CAP4 worse (since we wouldn't be accustomed to the new metagame), we should start as soon as possible. Preferably before a Garchomp/Sand Veil decision is reached.

Yes

Though I'm not too sure how well we can assign different deadlines to different processes within CAP if we choose to go that route, it's a good idea to see how we can make the project as a whole run more efficiently, especially for any future CAPs that could require special arrangements (alternate formes, etc.).

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i'm queer i guess

a) no

i don't want to have to split CAPpers' attention between the ongoing prevo project and a new CAP when some of us (me included) are already swarmed in responsibilities thanks to the new school year

b) no

i'd prefer that we outline the schedule for any possible deviant project while the prevo project is going on, because then we have ample time to tweak it and it will not be overshadowed by a mainstream CAP which often mandates lengthy, LENGTHY discussion posts and lots of time.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
A) No
Why do PRC threads have to stop during a CaP? Otherwise I agree with starting CaP 4 as soon as possible.

B) Yes

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
a) YES
b) YES

I'm fine with just doing OU CAP 4 and stuff as long as we talk about the PRC stuff while CAP 4 is going on!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bit late I know, but

a) YES

b) YES

------------------

Thusly:

Proposal A

Code:
[B]For:[/B] 8
[B]Against:[/B] 2
[B]Not Voted:[/B] 7
Proposal B

Code:
[B]For:[/B] 9
[B]Against:[/B] 1
[B]Not Voted:[/B] 7
------------------

Proposal B carries irrespective of the absent votes.

Proposal A would not carry if all absent voters went against the motion, but as DHR-107 was for the motion that CAP4 would start as soon as possible (even though the PRC would continue to operate under the current proposal, but we've been through that), I think it's fair to say that this one carries as well.

I feel obliged to leave the thread open for the moderators who are currently absent and thus unable to leave their votes or opinions - the fact that we can't really start without them being here notwithstanding.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As a result of this poll, CAP 4 has officially begun. We will not be using any of the ideas mentioned in the current PRC threads. That means CAP4 will be BW2 OU and it won't be a "multi-CAP" process or anything deviant of the norm. PRC topics should still be discussed during CAPs so we have a game plan prepared for CAP5. Thank you for getting this done, bugmaniacbob and all other PRC members that voted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)