Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

Hey so it's dawned on me and I've kind of asked around and there doesn't seem to be plans for an official anytime soon. As much as I'd like to keep the banner longer I think keeping up the momentum with these is really healthy.

So I don't know how much this helps but I'm offering to cohost and help design any official an experienced player wants to host. I haven't ever designed a big and I like running with concepts that are a little too complicated for first timer games so I don't want to spearhead the design process, but I do think I could be very useful and I am definitely willing to put in the effort to crystallize your vision. Contact me if you're interested.

posted about this in discord already but looking for someone to cobuild (and later cohost) wincon mafia

for the unaware: essentially something between Wayne Brady and Dragons, an FFA in which each player has 5 wincons; you win when you fulfill 3

I'm thinking about designing a 16p+ Super Smash Bros. FFA mafia game where the goal is to survive until only five or less people remain. I have a few questions though regarding how certain things should be addressed. Each role would be (hopefully) balanced in its own way so that everyone has an equal chance of victory at the start of the game.

Do I need aliases? I know Wayne Bradiest had them but I'm not a fan and they seem to overcomplicate certain things, and I was never sure what they were meant for.

Should I reveal people's roles at the start of the game? (Roles not actions) I don't see a reason not to.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey IDK where to post this so here should probably be fine.

I want to gauge interest in playing 'Just a Minute' on Discord. For the sake of clarity, the rules are as follows:
  • Required participants: 1 host, 4 players
  • Other requirements: a timer (host), sound bank on phone that can act as a distinguishable buzzer (players)
  • The host sets a topic (e.g. "a sinking ship," "growing up," "reaching the end of your tether" etc.) and chooses one of the players to start
    • Each player starts in a rotation so that each player has an equal number of opportunities to start a round.
  • The starting player needs to talk about the topic without repetition, deviation, or hesitation.
  • If the player who is currently talking breaks one of those rules, one of the three remaining players is able to buzz in and challenge for one of those.
    • If the challenge is correct, the player who buzzed in gains a point and steals the subject from the original speaker, with the remaining time being the same as when they buzzed in.
    • If the challenge is incorrect, or if they are interrupted without any challenge being made, the speaker gains a point and keeps the subject, continuing from the time at which they left off.
      • If a player steals the subject back within the time limit, or if they keep the subject, any words which they said during previous periods of speaking will carry over and can be challenged as repetition despite being in a different speaking period.
  • The player who is speaking when the alarm sounds at the end of the one-minute period gains a point.
    • If a player goes a full minute without being interrupted, they gain an extra point.
The game is surprisingly difficult to play and, concequently, is a skill which takes practice (I'm really terrible at it lol), but it is a lot of fun and, with the correct players/combination of players, can also be very funny to play. Would anyone be interested in playing this at some point?

Hey guys! I'm currently working on a new game right now! All the details are in the "Game Proposal" forum. Thank you for your time!

I also have to point out that there is no file attached to it because the document of the game is on Word... I'd be glad if Circus Maximus staff members would like to private message me and have a look!

Thanks again!

Exene

Ok here it is! I've been able to transfer it on Google Docs. Hope you guys like it! (If you want to leave an answer please go on "Game Proposal". I came here to make sure everyone knows :p ).

Blazade edit: removed the game sheet lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about designing a game that takes elements from both OC and NOC games, and based off of a Killing School Game akin to the Danganronpa series. The goal is to either kill somebody in a cycle and get away with it, make it three cycles any player being murdered, or be one of the last six players out of 16 remaining alive.

The game has 3 parts to a cycle: Daily Life, Deadly Life, and Classroom Trial.
In Daily Life, the players would mostly play off of NOC rules, except for each player having the ability to initiate a conversation with 2 other players each cycle early on, and 1 other player as the game progresses. In this way, a player can accept as many conversations as he wants, but can only start either two or one each cycle. When the Deadly Life phase begins, a player can kill one other player by PMing the host, who will only take the first murder he receives, in case of multiple attempts. However, there will be mechanics in place should more murder attempts take place in a single cycle. In the Classroom Trial, the remaining players will then use clues left by the murderer and provided by the host, as well as the NOC format to discuss, interrogate, and vote on who the "Blackened" is. Should a majority be correct, the Blackened will be executed, and the game will continue on. Should the majority be incorrect, the game will end with the Blackened walking away as the winner. The host will make sure to balance the game in respect to the number of players left standing.
Each player will have a unique "Ultimate" ability pertaining to their Ultimate Talent. Some abilities will provide advantages during Daily Life, some will provide advantages during Deadly Life, and some will provide advantages during Classroom Trial.

I still have many kinks to work out for both Abilities and Victims, and I would love to receive some feedback on this idea, as well as a cohost to discuss and build the game with. I believe the hardest part will be the integration of both OC and NOC functions into one game, but just getting this out there for discussion and assistance would be a fantastic first step to getting this game off the ground.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm thinking about designing a game that takes elements from both OC and NOC games, and based off of a Killing School Game akin to the Danganronpa series. The goal is to either kill somebody in a cycle and get away with it, make it three cycles any player being murdered, or be one of the last six players out of 16 remaining alive.

The game has 3 parts to a cycle: Daily Life, Deadly Life, and Classroom Trial.
In Daily Life, the players would mostly play off of NOC rules, except for each player having the ability to initiate a conversation with 2 other players each cycle early on, and 1 other player as the game progresses. In this way, a player can accept as many conversations as he wants, but can only start either two or one each cycle. When the Deadly Life phase begins, a player can kill one other player by PMing the host, who will only take the first murder he receives, in case of multiple attempts. However, there will be mechanics in place should more murder attempts take place in a single cycle. In the Classroom Trial, the remaining players will then use clues left by the murderer and provided by the host, as well as the NOC format to discuss, interrogate, and vote on who the "Blackened" is. Should a majority be correct, the Blackened will be executed, and the game will continue on. Should the majority be incorrect, the game will end with the Blackened walking away as the winner. The host will make sure to balance the game in respect to the number of players left standing.
Each player will have a unique "Ultimate" ability pertaining to their Ultimate Talent. Some abilities will provide advantages during Daily Life, some will provide advantages during Deadly Life, and some will provide advantages during Classroom Trial.

I still have many kinks to work out for both Abilities and Victims, and I would love to receive some feedback on this idea, as well as a cohost to discuss and build the game with. I believe the hardest part will be the integration of both OC and NOC functions into one game, but just getting this out there for discussion and assistance would be a fantastic first step to getting this game off the ground.
talk with Flyhn

Hi guys!

I'm currently looking forward to host completely new exciting games. I need reliable people on my side to make sure those games work.

I know I am supposed to go in Proposals or Walrus for that kind of stuff, but no one reached for me so far. So this, here, is about getting people on my side in order to make things happen.

Team work makes the dream work! Thank you all so much in advance for your time!

- Exene

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
good mafia game idea: everyone gets a "code word" to their role that anyone can use. However, if too many people use a the same role in a single night, they all get exploded.

I'd like to host the following game as soon as there's space:
Second Chances

On Days 1 and 2, players vote on who should be lynched as well as which player (who died in the last night phase) should be brought back to life.
Wolf powers (on each sub-team) are pooled. This includes those of the traitor. So if the traitor dies, the Wolf Assassin gets totem and seer powers.

1. Master Wolf Shaman - Wolf seered green. Also has seer powers.
2. Wolf Corpse Mangler - At any point in the game, has the ability to mangle a corpse preventing it from coming back to life or communicating with/through the medium. Three uses.

3. Wolf Assassin - Makes a second wolfing each night phase separate from the Master Wolf and Corpse Mangler's wolfing.
4. Traitor-Shaman - Doesn't count for the wolves. Has seer powers. Every day phase, can create a message to be posted in the thread.

4. Megakiller - Vigilante. Power only works on nights 1 and 2. Must kill someone on those nights or else he dies.
5. Megakiller - Vigilante. Power only works on nights 1 and 2. Must kill someone on those nights or else he dies.
4. Medium - Can freely talk to dead players via PM. Can also sacrifice this ability to allow one dead player to freely communicate in the thread (without voting). This is canceled if the dead player's corpse gets mangled.
5. Seer - Just an ordinary seer. Can sacrifice powers to find out how many wolves are left in the game.
6. Angel - Can revive one lynched player after death. If the other Angel dies first, becomes an ordinary human. Thinks he's a human, finds out who he is after death.
7. Angel - Can revive one lynched player after death. If the other Angel dies first, becomes an ordinary human. Thinks he's a human, finds out who he is after death.
8. Miller - Thinks he's a human.
9. Millwright - Thinks he's a human.
10. Herring - Thinks he's a human.
11. Human
12. Human
13. Human
14. Human

It was the first TWG I ever played in and uh... it was pretty intense. Let's just say we lost. Either way, it was fun and I was feeling nostalgic and decided to see if I could host it somewhere. Lemme know what you think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)