Tournament PSPL V Group Stages: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
peef rimgar said:
Gotta call activity, I've been available all week since Wednesday but never got a response from Shrug until yesterday morning where he kinda tried to schedule. Told him when I could play and still heard nothing until early this morning while I was sleeping where he just tried to get me to play then. I've got stuff to do so I can't play today which could've been avoided if he'd responded earlier
yea u cited "id prefer to play the weekend" in ur post. i hit u up early on sat tryna play at any time during ur preferred window - "the weekend". u said "catch me before 8pm tomorrow" which i took to mean "i would like to play before 8pm on sunday, the second of july" which i agreed to. i tried to play in the morning because i was going out in the afternoon, but that didnt mean i couldnt play at night. dont try to pull this shit where u dip 5 hours before the only time u cited in ur post. hop on the website and play

yea u cited "id prefer to play the weekend" in ur post. i hit u up early on sat tryna play at any time during ur preferred window - "the weekend". u said "catch me before 8pm tomorrow" which i took to mean "i would like to play before 8pm on sunday, the second of july" which i agreed to. i tried to play in the morning because i was going out in the afternoon, but that didnt mean i couldnt play at night. dont try to pull this shit where u dip 5 hours before the only time u cited in ur post. hop on the website and play
When I said pref this weekend I had Friday or Saturday on the mind since I knew I had a draft tonight, I said before 8 today but some shit came up and I'm not gonna be on site until the ompl draft which will then keep me busy. You not responding also didn't equal "yeah that time works" to me.

Wait so just looking at this here b/c I've been keeping track of our opponents activity levels for responses all week. Peef drops you a line in the early week and you don't respond until almost the very end of the week with only a "OK cool NIGHTS WORK FOR ME BUT I WON'T TELL YOU WHEN I WANT TO PLAY, I'LL JUST MAYBE SEARCH AND HOPE I FIND YOU." Instead of you know naming a literal time for either Saturday night or before 8 PM today. Because you literally DID NOT agree to any time or set a time in your VM message. You literally sent a last minute VM trying to get a match when almost anyone would be asleep or just barely waking up trying to play, which you COULD HAVE AVOIDED BY SETTING UP A TIME AFTER HIS VM RESPONSE OR IN YOUR INITIAL ONE YESTERDAY. Peef was actually active the entire week + yesterday when ya know you could have tried to set something up to do that then. But, this is just an asinine attempt to get him to sub or discredit the fact I dunno he's been active all week while you have not?

When I said pref this weekend I had Friday or Saturday on the mind since I knew I had a draft tonight, I said before 8 today but some shit came up and I'm not gonna be on site until the ompl draft which will then keep me busy. You not responding also didn't equal "yeah that time works" to me.
I have nothing to do with this, but on my country (and I think the whole world), weekends are made of Saturday and Sunday, not Friday. You can't schedule for the weekend and then be like "uhh ohh I had Friday in mind".

I have nothing to do with this, but on my country (and I think the whole world), weekends are made of Saturday and Sunday, not Friday. You can't schedule for the weekend and then be like "uhh ohh I had Friday in mind".
Friday after work is the weekend as far as I'm concerned. Even so I could've played wed thurs too if scheduled, I just said I preferred weekends

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As much as I didn't want to do this, I'm gonna have to make an activity call here:
Kanto: [Ubers: LegoFigure11 (lego) vs. Frat Dude ]
http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/frat-dude.274468/#profile-post-2041707

I posted on Frat Dude's profile as soon as I noticed the standings were published to try and schedule, and it took until HeaLnDeaL responded to his post to remind him to schedule for him to even notice the post was there, despite being online numerous times during the week. I unfortunately had some stuff come up this Sunday so wasn't available as much as I said I would be in my original post, but have reshuffled my schedule to try and be accommodating to his timezone as possible. We still haven't been able to meet up online and I won't be available for any longer this "weekend" (It's already Midday Monday in my Timezone, and as far as I know Monday isn't the weekend...), and seeing as I was available for the original 6 days where he neglected to respond to my scheduling post I feel that I can call activity here.

Going to call an activity win.
Johto: [OU: wgma vs Balto]
http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/balto.233234/
Posted on his profile on Wednesday, agreed upon sunday 3pm as a good time. He had to reschedule, so we did 5pm. Apparently he had connection issues. So Rescheduled for 11pm.
It's now 12 am EDT, and haven't seen him come online. Been online for the whole day and he hasn't contacted on me PS. So yeah.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Activity Calls
Battle Spot vs. CAP Project
Ubers: Legofigure11 vs. Frat Dude
UU: CoolStoryBrobat vs. SHSP

Scholastic vs. Monotype
OU: wgma vs. Balto

UnderUsed vs. Game Corner
Monotype: Wanka vs. Avaritia GC

Wi-Fi vs. Writing
RU: 5FingerMachPunch vs. tysequaine
Monotype: joethemaster vs. AlphaWolf12

Smogon Doubles vs. Lobby
Monotype: Croven vs. nizzyd18

Portugues vs. Health & Fitness
Doubles OU: AccidentalGenius vs. Pikov

Pro Wrestling vs. Little Cup
Monotype: Peef Rimgar vs. Shrug -- We're aware that this directly affects what rooms advance to playoffs, so we got an outside opinion from a TD (again); after deliberation, we're granting activity to Shrug. Peef Rimgar proposed Sunday before 8 PM but ended up leaving way before that time (5 hours earlier, in fact). Shrug even managed to respond to both this thread and his VMs before 8 PM as well as being able to play then. Thus, Peef Rimgar is clearly in the wrong here. Overall, there was shoddy scheduling from both sides, but this is the conclusion we came

Dead Games
Espanol vs. Rate My Team
OU: Axel 10 vs. ez
Random Battle: Soul Gem vs. Team Pokepals

Battle Spot vs. CAP Project
RU: Psynergy vs. Arcade

Scholastic vs. Monotype
LC: John76 vs. Moosical (torkool)
Doubles OU: Not Canadian vs. 1 True Lycan

Ubers vs. Anime and Manga
LC: zf vs. Segmr

Anything Goes/Other Metas vs. Battle Dome
Monotype: Bondie vs. Lucy Heartfilla

UnderUsed vs. Game Corner
OU: Sam vs. SnapEasy
LC: ict vs. Illusio

Wi-Fi vs. Writing
UU: Threw vs. ftwhero

Pro Wrestling vs. Little Cup
UU: DrReuniclus vs. Star

Teams that advance to the top 16:
Kanto Group
  1. Rate My Team
  2. Espanol
Johto Group
  1. Deutsche
  2. Monotype
Hoenn Group
  1. Ubers
  2. Tournaments
Sinnoh Group
  1. Chinese
  2. Anything Goes/Other Metas
Unova Group
  1. NeverUsed
  2. UnderUsed
Kalos Group
  1. Wi-Fi
  2. PU
Alola Group
  1. Smogon Doubles
  2. Lobby
Orre Group
  1. Little Cup
  2. Portugues
    (advanced by win differential over Pro Wrestling)

Matchups for next round! (click here for the bracket)

Chinese vs. Lobby
Anything Goes/Other Metas vs. Smogon Doubles
Rate My Team vs. UnderUsed
Espanol vs. NeverUsed
Ubers vs. Portugues
Tournaments vs. Little Cup
Wi-Fi vs. Monotype
PU vs. Deutsche

Thankfully, there were no tiebreakers necessary, so the next round will commence at latest 24 hours from this post (give or take). For teams that advanced, do submit your lineups, changes or not, to us ASAP. As for those that didn't advance, we'd like to thank you all for your participation, and we'll hopefully see you again next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)