Tournament PSPL V Playoffs: Top 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader

Welcome to the second round of the Pokemon Showdown Premier League V Playoffs!

The top two from each group has advanced to the playoffs. From here, the matches will be conducted in knockout format until a winner is decided in the finals, with the succession being top 16 -> quarterfinals -> semifinals -> finals. Here's the bracket

Replays are encouraged but not mandatory. For following weeks, if managers don't submit any changes to us, the lineups will stay the same throughout the tournament.

All basic tournament rules apply. Please take a moment to read these, ESPECIALLY if you are new to forum tournaments.
  • Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to us hosts. This includes spectators in battles as well, using /modchat + as the player in a battle should stop such if it happens. The punishment for this could be a forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

• Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, We'll have to make some activity calls - We'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry. If they lack a Smogon account, be vigilant as far as contacting them on PS goes.

• Disconnections and timer: A timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

• Substitutions: Managers, you're free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage. Subs are taken from the lineups that were sent to the hosts, and can include any managers if necessary. We'll accept substitutions from the manager and any roomowner.

Deadline: July 18, 11:59 PM EST (GMT-4)

Reminder: Random Battle follows a best-of-three format

Chinese (5) vs. (3) Rate My Team

Managers
: bobochan qtrx -- Team Pokepals Snowy

Ubers: nishikino kotori vs. Mr. Perry
OU: psychicmewtwo vs. ez
UU
: pokeisfun vs. Snowy
RU: yoppie vs. Rider
LC: cassette95519 Unowndragon vs. Fiend
Doubles OU
: EmbCPT vs. Yellow Paint
Monotype: Lax vs. Megazard
Random Battle (best-of-three)
: beiying vs. Team Pokepals

Smogon Doubles
(3) vs. (5) Neverused

Managers
: kamikaze Memoric -- rozes Disjunction

Ubers: Leru vs. Eternally
OU: njnp vs. FLCL
UU
: miltankmilk vs. rozes
RU
: Stax (staxinsombrero) vs. AJB
LC
: talkingtree vs. Disjunction
Doubles OU
: Kaori vs. qsns
Monotype
: Croven vs. Kiyo
Random Battle (best-of-three): Memoric vs. Evan.

Ubers (2) vs. (5) Monotype

Managers: Haruno Pohjis-- Acast Omega-Xis

Ubers: The Trap God vs. TheThorn
OU
: Level 56 vs. Balto
UU: Lord Outrage vs. Freeroamer Zarif
RU
: Aurora vs. Sae Sae
LC: zf vs. Anttya
Doubles OU: Haruno vs. 1 True Lycan
Monotype
: Dominatio vs. Paleo
: SparksBlade vs. rnbs

Little Cup (3) vs. (5) Deutsche

Managers: Coconut -- Marshmallon silver99

Ubers: Vileman Coconut vs. Melle2402
OU
: Finchinator vs. Mazar (Mazary)
UU
: Star vs. Ark
RU: Serene's Grace vs. Erzengel (Erz)
LC
: Heysup vs. therealslap
Doubles OU: GOAO vs. Quotenasiate
Monotype: Nineage vs. Funkyyyyy
: Kingler12345 vs. Anti Venom (Velocity Venom)

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some legality reminders:
- Weavile is now allowed in UU
- Buzzwole is banned in UU
- Mega Gardevoir, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Gallade are free game now
- Bewear is not allowed in RU since it's technically not part of the tier during the suspect
- Marshadow is banned in Monotype

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
choked twice v croven. gg dude i swear to god i was convinced by a higher power that your venu outsped my azumarill

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DPL Champion
choked twice v croven. gg dude i swear to god i was convinced by a higher power that your venu outsped my azumarill
for what it's worth, my venu had a speed stat of 200 (idk what ur azu was) and the max roll for ada +6 jet was 34%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)