Project PU's 2nd Annual Secret Santa

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

1512999369026.png

Signups are over and I will be PMing everyone their cores to build around. Once you have finished building your said team reply below and make sure to tag who its for.​

You must submit teams by January 2nd or we will all be sad :(

When Doing so you need the following:an Importable Version, a Brief description, Replay's are encouraged but optional
Hey @PokemonmasterTj look, I was your Secret Santa the entire time.

Combusken @ Choice Band
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Shadow Claw
- Baton Pass

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Scald
- Signal Beam

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

So when I first saw that you wanted a team based on Combusken/Prinplup/Servine I was confused. You already had a team like that, and the only thing you can do with this is Baton Pass! CLEARLY, this was a test of innovation. So i broke free of the BP constraint and instead created CB Combusken. CB lets Combusken 2hko a good number of the common switchins, most notably Grumpig. From there I added the Prinplup...and there isn't much to do with Prinplup besides slap on Signal Beam. Next I added Servine, but I decided that I wanted a really solid Ground check that could heal so I made the Servine bulky with only enough speed to outpace Jolly Golem. After the core was done, I added Rotom Frost as it really complimented the CB Combusken as it created Voltturn and also really appreciated having Grumpig out of the picture since most people just rely on Grumpig as their sole Rotom Frost check for some reason. From here the weakness to other people's Rotom Frosts was obvious, so I added Grumpig as the sole Rotom Frost check that could also threaten Muk, Ninetales, and other threats while slowing down the opponent with Thunder Wave. Last mon is Golem, because you needed an answer to Volt Switch users, a Normal Resist, some priority, and another wallbreaker. Golem is Weakness Policy however, simply because 2 Choice Band users on a team like this was rather unattractive and limited your options a lot further than needed or wanted, but you can change the Protect to Fire Punch if you want. So yeah, hope you get a laugh out of the team and bop some people who just assume that it's Baton Pass!

Last edited:
First
Hey Megazard, i'm ur Secret Santa! here's the team around Strength Sap Jumpluff you requested, its honestly pretty fun.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bounce
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Strength Sap

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Leftovers
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog
- Revelation Dance

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Blast / Toxic Spikes

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Taunt

Had a couple of issues initially trying to find good partners to build a core for a starting point but I wanted to capitalise on its ability to beat Ferroseed 1v1 and then I realised Oricorio-Pom Pom is a cheerleader too so I had to go with that. Next I wanted a real Fighting check since both Jumpluff and Pom Pom are kinda iffy and don't like Stone Edge/Ice Punch etc so I went with Weezing as it does the job well and can also check Stone Edge Archeops which troubled the core. Also, the last move on Weezing was a bit of a toss up between Fire Blast, TSpikes and Tbolt but I opted to go with Fire Blast because I wasn't too keen on having Jumpluff as my only measure for Ferroseed but I guess it's down to preference. After that I knew Jynx was a huge issue too so I went with Metang as the rocker because it offers a great Ice resist as well as being a decent Normal and Psychic check. Clefairy was added since it works great against Magmortar and other Fire Types as well as against Drampa which can absorb Jumpluff's Leech Seeds. Lastly, I was weak to things like Belly Drum Zangoose and Shell Smash Carracosta and I was also without a Z-Move so I thought Alolan Persian would be a great fit since Z-Parting Shot is great for healing up Weezing and Metang and it can check the two previously mentioned threats with Foul Play. Overall, the aim of the team is to Toxic everything and make Jumpluff super annoying to deal with, here is some replays were it kinda works:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673047508
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673048887
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673053000

Hope you enjoy the team and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
So I had the pleasure of rolling my favorite fuck buddy Rwby for secret santa and here's what I came up with!

Mesprit @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dazzling Gleam / Uturn
- Psychic
- Fire Punch

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

This Mesprit set is quite boom or bust. Obviously it will break through certain offensive teams that rely on Skunk, Ferroseed, or Togedemaru to check Psychics. But it struggles to do anything vs fat teams as it can't really break or threaten stuff like Clefairy. Letting in Defensive Mesprits for a free slow uturn/rocks is also a downside which is why I slashed Uturn over Dgleam, but the cheeky coverage will catch people off guard well sometimes. Scarf Ape was the second required member of the team so not much to say here, except that god damn i hate Toxic on Ape. Im all for the patented Dibs strat but it just never really got clicked in my testing. The only thing I would ever see myself using it against is Palossand maybe, but you usually want to Uturn on most fighting checks anyways for good momentum. Spdef Regirock was the first partner for all the role compression it provides. It gives the team a really solid Oricorio check which the first two struggled with. I Added Eelektross next to check Bulky Grounds like Gastro and Palossand that hard wall the first 3. Eel is also good for bringing Mesprit in safely on Slow Volts and forms a nice volturn core with Ape. Double Dance Z Move Oricorio came next because I wanted a secondary fighting check and a solid Lilligant check. It also benefits a lot from Mesprit's ability to lure Togedemaru and Skuntank with HP Ground. Pawniard came last primarily to check Jynx and other Psychics but also does a few other nice things like secondary Normal resist and a real rock resist. Had a lot of fun building for you babe, hope you like it!

Iura
You wanted a team with Golurk and Kangaskhan? I'm here to deliver.
Here it is:

Ron (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch

Nancy (Kangaskhan) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Toxic
- Protect

Wind Fish (Drampa) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Drawbridge (Audino) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Knock Off

Emerald (Silvally-Fairy) @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn

Sixth (Gurdurr) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Golurk serves at the team's rocker and usual lead. At the same time I chose Iron Fist > No Guard to always 2HKO Mesprit (and Palossand) with Shadow Punch, even max defence variants. Also the HPs ensure it doesn't die to anything Skunk throws at it, and can in return bop it with EQ. This team has a penchant for making every fighting type under the sun to come in earlier than normal. Which is fine as it's lowkey built to fight back. Drampa (Wind Fish) needs no explanation for its strength and no fighting type bar Hitmonchan thinks of coming in. The speed ev's it has are enough to creep Weezing, amongst other slower mons. Kanga's Z-Double Edge hits pretty hard. Toxic was thrown on because otherwise this team has no status. Otherwise Protect just a good move. Silv-Fairy serves as the main fighting check and defogger. The Attack EVs help it dent a bit more. U-Turn is there as Parting Shot is not always the superior option and sometimes the extra damage, is more helpful than a -1. However Parting Shot is still the main way to skedaddle, and helps keep switchins like Drampa from taking too much damage. And the mon itself scares fighting types back out so you can bring your normals back in! Audino serves to take most special attacks decently, and heal up any memebers with wish. Never really liked Audino before I used this team but now I can see it can put in some work, outside of the area of calcs it performs well and manages to stay in relative high health throughout a battle.

Gurdurr was the last addition, hence the nickname. I tried many, MANY things and played many games trying to come up
with something for that sixth slot. And I'm not satisfied with it but it does ok and serves as a second dark/physical check while still retaining a bulky, powerful presence.

merry christmas

like this post if wind fish is a cool nickname for drampa

Last edited:
Yoshiblaze Requested a team around Defog Silvally-Water + Ninjask, the set he provided for the former had Thunderbolt but i thought Grass Pledge was a good idea since Gastrodon is a good Ninjask answer and in general a cool set to use and i made the change. You can revert it back but i feel like it's better like this. I also hated the inconsistency between the nicknames you provided so I decided the remaining ones using Wikipedia's Random Article function and i learned a few ""cool"" things too!
TEAM: GOOD
Shino (Ninjask) (M) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Life
- Aerial Ace
- Dig

ocean_man.exe (Silvally-Water) @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 240 HP / 100 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Grass Pledge
- Flamethrower

Tarrare (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Grosskost (Regirock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Bonfiglioli (Oricorio-Sensu) (F) @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Substitute

1988–89 FC Basel season (Skuntank) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Teambuilding process wasn't too hard, my main goal was to play around Silvally's main weakness which is resilience so i tried to make the team quite offensive so that it didn't have to come in too often. After that i added Regirock as a solid Stealth Rock user that has nice synergy with it and Hitmonchan to provide more hazard control as well as priority since the team was looking quite slow outside of Ninjask (which doesn't do too well as a revenge killer for stuff like Archeops, sadly). Oricorio-G was added shortly after since it could take advantage of the hazard removal and form a neat flying spam core with Ninjask.

You can notice that with that set the team is currently running 2 Z-moves but it's fine most of the time since Dig is more useful to break Oricorio's check rather than cleaning (a thing that Leech Life does suprisingly well). I toyed a bit with the last slot but eventually found the best compromise in triple Dark-type move Skuntank which works as somewhat of a breaker, Pursuit trapper, pivot, revenge killer and all that.

The team has 4 potential hazards removers (5 if you count Ninjask getting defog lol) which I didn't plan but is somewhat cool, i guess. It's nothing too great but has a good matchup against common trends and Pokemon (i went around 30-5 on the esteemed ladder) and is quite effective overall.

Now to the randomly picked nicknames:
Grosskost boring french politician
Tarrare was a crazy frenchmen who ate EVERYTHING, read the page it's quite interesting
Bonfiglioli was the creator of Mortdecai (the movie is shit)
1988–89 FC Basel season mediocre season for an otherwise important club in Europe, but they managed to gain a promotion so it's ok. An italian was their top goalscorer!

Aye ShuckleDeath, I heard you wanted Sub-Toxic Luvdisc, and I've got the hookup.

Foreword: In practice Sub-Toxic Luvdisc may sound like complete dog booty, but when put in conjunction with the the formidable core of weezing and skuntank its actually pretty fun. Luvdiscs niche ability to toxic foes is extremely valuable at times, so Toxic Spikes make it so much more than what you'd expect.

Luvdisc Bulky Offense:
http://pokepast.es/ff96e23099a3f94b

First off we've got some disc bulky offense centered around breaking with Zangoose. The luvdisc+weezing+skunk core spreads status and chips away at fatter mons and Zangoose checks, which in-turn clears the way for scarf Mesprit to potentially clean in the late game. Skuntank is running Crunch over Poison Jab to help mow down the occasional Sableye for Zangoose and Mesprit is running Healing Wish to aid in Zang's breaking if need be. Lastly Chople Regirock makes a decent hazard stacking core with Weezing and can take on pesky Fire types for the team. PS (Chople is for Z Move Magmortar)

Luvdisc Stall:
https://pokepast.es/3abd865f012da353

To most this may just look like Luvdisc slapped onto a stall team. Which it is, but even so Luvdisc actually plays an important role as a pseudo-trapper, it's essentially a poor man's pyukumuku. It can trap and/or toxic terrifying stall/wallbreakers before dying and even force opposing mons like Audino/or Lanturn to waste Heal Bells to alleviate their status. Most of everything else on the team is standard, bar encore Audino (i think) which is just there to stop setup sweepers since Laturn is running Heal Bell.

Trapper Offense:
https://pokepast.es/fa8eedebbc66ff3a

Last but not least is a trapper offense team built around sweeping with Waterium Ludicolo. Luvdisc's function doesn't really change, it would just prefer to toxic or burn the likes of Skuntank, Hitmonchan, or Audino for Ludi's sweep. Skunk is there to pressure sash sweeper stoppers (i.e. Kadabra) which could interrupt my sweep and stop liligant/jynx in their tracks with the Lum Berry "lure". Weezing sets t-spikes for chip, while Waterium Ludicolo sets up rain dance and can clean or potentially break. Probopass traps pesky steels like Ferroseed and Bronzor for Ludicolo and Luvdisc respectively, and Primeape cleans/revenge kills. PS Weezing can run icium z haze over taunt if you'd like recovery, while ludicolo runs LO over Waterium, just take Orb's chip into account.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-672533367
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-672520619
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-674156195 (bad but, luv toxics a vital mon)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-672528123 (old ver. of trapper team)

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

zoowi asked me for a team using Protect Articuno and Restalk Kangaskhan. I personally opted for a Substitute version of Articuno as it is generally more useful, but I kept Protect slashed just in case. Additionally, due to Kangaskhan having Early Bird, I felt that it didn't really need Sleep Talk so I used the custom set I made a few months ago.

The team itself is more of a stall based build which relies on Musharna as the main win condition. Articuno is great for pressure stalling opponents out of PP and being really annoying, while Kangaskhan is used as a trapper for Pokemon which threaten Musharna. Musharna is the standard Calm Mind Farium set and Skuntank offers both Pursuit trapping and Defog for Articuno. Carbink is the main answer for scary Pokemon like Drampa, and is the team's Stealth Rock user. Weezing has Toxic Spikes and can deal with annoying Fighting-types.

The team is nowhere near perfect but it works pretty well in utilizing the Pokemon that it was build around. I hope you like it!

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 48 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Seismic Toss
- Whirlpool
- Toxic

Musharna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock / Heal Bell

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Carbink @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Toxic

Weezing @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
I received a request from iRebel that said
Irebel says
  1. mons must be below B and above C rank and nothing like TR, Hail, Sun, Rain.

Try you the best you can here Aaronboyer
O_O iRebel somehow predicted the future knowing I was receiving his request. Well so much for that...

Spr_5b_531.pngPyukumuku.png.74d82610246ed2c4ac8adcf9af6ea0c6.pngSpr_5b_597.pngSpr_5b_210.pngSpr_5b_110.pngSpr_5b_334.png

Looking at the relatively small pool of Pokemon in B- and C+ I was inspired by a Pokemon I haven't seen anyone really use besides Sixes, and that is Audino. I decided then I wanted to build a Stall team with Audino + CroGranbull. Pyukumuku was almost a must since Unaware is a near invaluable ability for a Stall team and Pyuku is the only relevant one in PU. I wanted a specially defensive Toxic spike setter, so Throwback Thursday this team uses Spe Def Weezing. I originally had Gourgeist-XL over Ferroseed but because it was quite difficult trying to add a hazard control mon that had reliable recovery (Altaria, and I didn't want to stack an Ice-weakness) I changed Geist to Seed. Overall this is a playstyle I have no comfort in so I really had to think outside of the box, but I hope you enjoy this stall team featuring Audino + Granbull.

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Counter
- Toxic
- Soak

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Defog

Weezing @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Mysterious M

Sic mundus creatus est
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello HJAD i'm your Dirty Santa. Despite being a shitty boy and asking for a rain balance (how can one make a Rain Balance in PU) i tried to fulfill your request, so here we go:

So i kinda struggled to make a rain balance, since most rain teams need momentum and speed and balance would destroy that concept.I tried making a bulkish offense so it could be close to what you requested. The team structure is pretty simple, we have two rain setters with damp rock for bigger rains, and both slow u-turn so you can safely go to your rain sweeper. Volbeat also has a prankster defog for any sticky situations that you may need it. Mesprit has access to Healish Wish for a another late game sweep attempt! Both rain sweepers are pretty self explanatory and standard sets, with Rockium Z on Kabutops for maximum damage! I used scarf ape to give your team some speed control and also a third mon to u-turn and give you momentum. Drampa was my final choice, with sap sipper to absorb those grass moves that can be annoying for your waters core, and the same time being a solid mon that can nuke after getting in with u-turn on a slower or weaker mon. Well that is the main concept of the team, i myself have a small team building experience but tried my best to cover your unorthodox request!! haha
Ρόζ Πειρασμός (Mesprit) @ Damp Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Ενοχλητικό Έντομο (Volbeat) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
Relaxed Nature
- Rain Dance
- Encore
- U-turn
- Defog

Επιθετικό (Kabutops) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Πίο Επιθετικό (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance

Ο Μαχητής (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Αδιάφορο Μον. (Drampa) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Gave some greek nicks cause why not! Hope you like your present Merry X-mas! :)
Thanks to amber lamps & Taskr for their time giving me some thoughts on the team.

Hello allstarapology! You wanted a team around Specially Defensive Golem and Choice Band Stoutland. It was challenging for me but it was a fun challenge, here goes:

Because it was a Specially Defensive Golem and a CB Stoutland that were requested I almost decided to go with a sand team with Sand Rush Stoutland and Specially Defensive AV Golem but I decided it would be too meme and I would lose Stealth Rock from Golem.

Since Golem has access to Sturdy and Stealth Rock it was an obvious choice to put into that role. Specially Defensive was kind of weird to use, but hey at least it survives Scarf Pyroars HP Grass even after Stealth Rock damage! I decided to run Toxic for the last moveslot since the team doesn't have too many status spreaders and an uninvested Sucker Punch isn't very threatening, especially since it was nerfed this gen.
Choice Band Stouland really hurts so it's the teams wallbreaker, wrecking almost anything that doesn't resist whatever you click. I decided to run Pursuit instead of Crunch to be able to severely weaken mons that are forced out and to be able to trap weakened mons. Return already hits everything that Crunch would hit supereffectively so I chose to go for utility. Facade is kinda standard, but allows Stoutland to absorb status and hit extremely hard with it, being able to OHKO Qwilfish after SR damage even through intimidate.
Because the former 2 stacked and awful fighting weakness I wanted to go with a bulky ghost type Gourgeist Super. Since Golem is the new blissey in this team Gourgeist is fully able to shine as a physically bulky annoying ghost. Colbur Berry allows it to switch even into a knock off and then proceed to spread burns and spam leech seed. It also resists ground and water to support golem.
At this point the team was all about physical damage so something specially offensive was needed. Swanna was a perfect choice for the amazing role compression it provides, being a viable special attacker while having reliable recovery and access to defog. Its typing is fantastic here, providing an important ground immunity teams should have and golem being immune to electric and rock works for wonders.
Now what was needed was speed control. This is one of those teams where I felt like I couldn't just copy+paste a Primeape here and call it day so I went with Scarf Pyroar, a very solid scarfer with a fantastic speed tier. With its fire typing there is something in the team that actually resists ice and with swanna being able to keep rocks off the field pyroar can function to its best. Access to STAB Hyper Voice is an added bonus for being able to bypass subs.
The only thing left was wincon. Jynx is immune to water, resists ice and perfectly covers the still free Z move slot for the team in Z-Lovely Kiss.

I hope you enjoy it, I really gave it my 100%.

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Facade

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play
- Leech Seed

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Roost

Pyroar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was too broken for NDUbers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When my good sir Aaronboyer said he wanted a team with Gravity in it for Christmas, along with an Alolan Duggy, I knew I had one choice: Ground Spam.

Gravity Ground Spam

Dipper (Meowstic) @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Magic Coat
- Gravity

Gideon (Dugtrio-Alola) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Mabel (Mudsdale) @ Choice Band
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Heavy Slam
- Rock Slide

Stanford (Golurk) @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Gravity

Waddles (Pyroar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt

Soos (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

So the first thing I wanted for this team was a lead. I went with Meowstic because of its Prankster, T-Wave for faster threats, and resistance against Fighting mons, which gave Duggy trouble. Next up, along with Duggy, I added Mudsdale and Golurk, so I could have a couple more spammers. Duggy gives the team some nice Speed, Mudsdale can take a hit while hitting hard in return with a Banded EQ, and Golurk supplied the team with a second Gravity user, along with a Fighting immunity. Finally, the last two slots would be dedicated to filler. Pyroar gives the team more Speed, an immunity to Ghosts, and a check for Grass and Ice mons, neither of which are appreciated by the Ground mons. Finally I added Ludicolo, who can deal with Water, Fire, and Ground mons, a few more things that were giving the team trouble, and can also serve as another way to deal with Grass types, especially thanks to its immunity to Sleep Powder.

Meowstic had one of the weirder sets of the team, since, well, its setting up Gravity, rather than the usual double screens. So to fill that last slot of the replaced screens, I just stuck Magic Coat on, to send back potential hazards, status effects, or Taunts. I also gave it the Eject Button so that it could ideally set up Gravity, take a hit, and you get to bring in an abuser for free. It could probably run Lefties too, but no. Duggy is pretty standard, just took out Stone Edge for Stealth Rock, since you'll have Gravity+EQ to hit all those birds. Mudsdale and Golurk are also just standard, Banded and Ghostium, except Golurk has Gravity over Stealth Rock. Same goes for Pyroar and Ludicolo, just your same old standard sets, tho I stuck Timid on Ludicolo since you won't be in Rain most of the time. Gravity actually benefits them, too, since it lets them not miss their Fire Blasts and Hydro Pumps all day, so that's nice.

So yep, that's the team, hope ya like it.

P.S. I also hope you like what I put in your stocking :^)

Last edited:
Hey SergioRules, I got your request for a team built around Z-Celebrate Leafeon and Magmortar. The team may not be the best in the world but I have had some fun with it and used it pretty successfully so here it is!

Leafeon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Celebrate
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder

Liepard @ Heat Rock
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Sunny Day
- Knock Off
- Encore

Regirock @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Stone Edge

Mesprit @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Sunny Day

As you can see the team is a sun team. I thought being able to bluff a regular sun sweeper set would be able to give Leafeon set up opportunities, as well increase the power of Magmortar's dangerous fire blasts. The Leafeon set is what I imagined would be the most effective using Z-Celebrate, with Leaf Blade and Knock Off for attacking moves and Synthesis keeping it healthy alongside the defense boosts. Leaf Guard is also a very nice perk in sun allowing it to avoid status. Magmotar functions as the team's breaker. The set is a fairly standard set outside of Taunt. The team struggles with breaking some teams so Taunt is important to deal with bulkier squads. Life Orb for raw consistent power but if you don't want to get worn down Charcoal or even Firium Z are options. Solar Beam is another strong option over any of the coverage moves but I want Magmortar to be fully usable outside of sun. After your requested core I knew I wanted Victreebel as Chlorophyll users are practically mandatory on sun teams and Victreebel is the best in the business. Standard moveset, but I chose Sleep Powder over Growth to be able to take a troublesome mon out of the game. After the offensive sun core I needed some setters. Liepard is very valuable for it's Prankster and ability to grab momentum with U-turn. Another standard set. Regirock acts as another setter that can be either a suicide lead or kept throughout the match. Max speed allows it to be an effective lead and max HP lets it tank hits, such as taking Facade + CC from Guts Ursaring and Zangoose, avoiding the 2hko from Quick Feet Ursaring, and taking hits from opposing fire types that can use the sun against me. Lastly the team needed a fighting switch in as well as a ground immunity. Mesprit was the best option to me because of it's ability to keep momentum with U-turn, use Healing Wish, and also set sun itself. Healing Wish is valuable to keep Magmortar healthy when it is taking Life Orb and rocks damage. Overall the team isn't perfect, it lacks fire switch ins as well as switch ins to opposing offensive grasses, and can also struggle with fat teams. However, I have been having lots of fun with it and have been doing pretty well with it. Merry Christmas!!!!

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Hey Twix, I was your Secret Santa, and here’s the Sticky Web + Kingler team you asked for!

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sticky Web
- Leaf Storm
- X-Scissor
- Magic Coat

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Golurk @ Colbur Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Primeape @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Zebstrika @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Shell Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast

Since the request was a Webs team, I figured Leavanny would be the perfect candidate for setting them up because of its better offensive presence compared to the others, and Magic Coat, which helps versus opposing hazard-centric teams and Taunters. The second requirement was that the team has Kingler. The Kingler set underwent a few changes, but I finally decided upon a dual dance set due to the team's weakness to Choice Scarf Mesprit. Golurk gives the team a spinblocker, a second physical wallbreaker, and a Stealth Rock setter, which is good for chipping at non-grounded Pokemon that aren't bothered by the Web. The combination of Kingler + Golurk places pressure on a lot of physically bulky Pokemon like Weezing and Palossand, which Primeape really appreciates. Primeape, alongside also breaking walls, is good for deterring Defog with Defiant, which means that in combination with a spinblocker, the opposing team is going to have trouble getting rid of Webs safely. Zebstrika gave the team a completed VoltTurn core with Primeape, an offensive check to Archeops and Swanna, which both put a lot of pressure on the team, and a late-game cleaner. Finally, I wanted a wincon, so I chose Turtonator, who outspeeds Pokemon that usually keep it from sweeping like Choice Scarf Jynx and Primeape because of the Web. It really appreciates the immense pressure Kingler, Golurk and Primeape put on specially defensive Pokemon like Audino and Type: Null, and takes advantage of them being weakened/removed.

Replays: (not the best work by me but they still work ig)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-674634369
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-674651967
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-673670060

With all that said, I hope you enjoy the team, and also hope that you, and everyone else here, has a Marill Christmas and a Happiny Year! (see what i did there,)

Hey, Taskr, I, your Secret Santa, fullfilled your request of a Floatzel + Toucannon team. Hopefully you like it I had a pretty good time using it personally.

Tailspin (Floatzel) (M) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 254
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Kelvin (Toucannon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Bullet Seed

NightLight (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Scald
- Toxic

Beside the Point (Ferroseed) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Arm Cannons (Magmortar) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Ali (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

(Slashes: I missed a lot with Floatzel, so if you have equally bad luck, use Surf. Also, Protect and Heal Bell are interchangeable on Lanturn. Heat Wave can be used on Toucannon to cause you to switch less.)

So, I of course started with the Floatzel + Toucannon core you asked for. I played it safe and went with Specs Floatzel and AoA Toucannon, covering most of the tier and dealing a huge amount of damage. With Floatzel's frailty appreciating help from a slow VoltTurn and its Electric weakness being shared with Toucannon, Lanturn was added next as an Electric immunity and Ice resist, being able to tank hits and pivot in to get Floatzel and Toucannon in safely. Ferroseed and Lanturn pair well with each, Lanturn resisting Fire and Ferroseed resisting Ground. Floatzel also takes down Fire-types for Ferroseed and Toucannon can handle Gurdurr and slow Hitmonchan. Ferroseed also provides hazard support, which Floatzel and Toucannon appreciate. Magmortar was added next, beating down non-Breakneck Blitz Lilligant and Jynx with certainty and being helped by Ferroseed and Lanturn's ability to get rid of Water-types not named Gastrodon, who Toucannon can take down. Lastly, Hitmonchan was added for hazard support as Toucannon and Magmortar hate rocks and Lanturn hates being worn down. It also beats down Miltank, which can prevent rocks from ever getting up, which is nice.
I hope you like the team, I know I did, and Merry Christmas! And, if you hate your gift, click the below box.

Tailspin (Floatzel) (M) @ Icium Z
Ability: Water Veil
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Hail

Kelvin (Toucannon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Flash Cannon

Barack (Abomasnow) (M) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Unbearable (Beartic) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Ali (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Throat Chop
- Mach Punch

AlakaJamvad Jr. (Kadabra) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Counter

(Other: Thunder Punch > Throat Chop on Hitmonchan is an option, as is Heat Wave > Overheat on Toucannon)

Its winter time, which means snow, which means Snow Warning, so here's this. Z-Hail + Blizzard Floatzel because who says a Water-type can't be a Hail sweeper, Specs Toucannon because B O O M B U R S T, Aboma + Beartic because it's Hail, Hitmonchan because this team has 3 mons weak to Rock and that's no bueno, and lastly Kadabra because getting hit by Hail is overrated. Also, Sash + Counter is cool. Merry Christmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)