Questions RE: New Ghosting Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an entire WCOP team is found to have been on a Skype call during a match, is that whole team tournament banned for a year? And if so, are they eliminated from WCOP?

West has never been much for Skype or voice calling in general, but I know many other teams hop on Skype calls for fun. I would be absolutely shocked if people stopped because of this ruling...

In the same vein, what's the stance on livecasting tournament matches? Casters will definitely be hypothesizing team builds and making their own predictions throughout matches. Is that being banned too, or are we just trusting that the person playing won't tune into livecasts?

and what will happen if there was a wcop-convo where the team said things like "i'd switch to chomper right here". will something like this considered as ghosting ? is it ghosting if people in the smogtours chat write that u should do an super-insane move and it works out ? wouldnt that be the same thing as a comment in a skype group ? like what do you do when a game was heavily discussed in a skype-group ? is it ghosting or nah

Stratos

Banned deucer.
its pretty easy for the guy playin the game to quit skype while he plays if the rest of the team wants to discuss it in that chat

its pretty easy for the guy playin the game to quit skype while he plays if the rest of the team wants to discuss it in that chat
I think he pointed out the same thing I asked regarding SPL, which is: how can you show the guy actually wasn't online if somehow a screen with the game discuss is leaked to TDs? The guy could be online as he could not (unless he leaves the group)
This will be a case-by-case thing, anyway.

Reactions: erz
I think there is a difference between a skype call where teammates discuss their thoughts on the battle (i.e. 'what do you think his last is' ; 'i would switch to chomper here') and 'hey lemme put my hand up your ass and tell you turn by turn what moves to click'. How would anyone outside the team even know what the content of the call is like, unless someone on the team is stupid enough to spill the beans?

Yes, if the entire team is involved then they will all be banned. Tournament bans have recently changed to "participation bans" rather than "entry bans". This means they will all be removed from WCoP and all other tournaments they are in. This does not apply to temporary forum bans unless the ban was a result of a tournament-related offence.

We will not take action unless we're certain that the person was in the call. It's obviously not easy to acquire proof of involvement in a voice call but it does occasionally happen.

Do not participate in voice calls while you are playing. Do not participate in voice calls with other people who are playing. It doesn't matter what it is that gets discussed in the call as voice calls in general are strictly forbidden while playing tournament battles. You have plenty of time to discuss stuff before and after games.

"I would switch to chomper here" is considered ghosting regardless of where it happens. Please do not do that.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
During my SPL stints, I swear I was "advised" every moves by MoP and the rest of the IRC channel, which is why my record was so bad. Same with WCoP. These tournaments are all about ghosting. Why even pretend they're anything else.

That proves ghosting doesn't really give anyone an advantage. It actually has the opposite effect when the player being ghosted is better than all the ones trying to ghost her.

Tele

a quality human being
I think i got the solution to all the problems

No but honestly the new ruling on the matter doesnt make much sense, its like trying to catch a fish in the air

.and like wq said such rules shouldnt be enforced in team tour
Dq-ing an entire team? l0l leally?

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think there is a difference between a skype call where teammates discuss their thoughts on the battle (i.e. 'what do you think his last is' ; 'i would switch to chomper here') and 'hey lemme put my hand up your ass and tell you turn by turn what moves to click'. How would anyone outside the team even know what the content of the call is like, unless someone on the team is stupid enough to spill the beans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)