R-N-G Vexxes Me

I go to bed and have double the responses I did when I feel asleep holy crap xD

@Immaterial: Right on both counts, thank you for explaining before I had to xD

Balloon was incredibly important to me so I wanted to keep it in case of an emergency. As for never using stealth rock, I don't enjoy playing with hazards it's against my play style and I prefer only to use it if I need it to win. Same thing with sweeper sets, if you notice not one of my teammates has a boosting move what-so-ever. Not a huge fan on one man parties taking down all six pokemon. Not as fun that way!

To the comments on Dream World: I wasn't aware it was a problem? To be honest I'm not completely sure on the aspects of what Dream World gives me (since wifi allows Dream World abilities, or at least didn't stop Nidoking) except wifi tells the teams. It's not that I don't like my opponent seeing my team (hell I think he should, then I can base my predictions on his assumptions of my switching) but rather that I can see his. What's fun about pokemon to me is the thinking I have to do and the surprise that can come from every corner. I'm more concerned with having an engaging mystery battle than one that's based on abusing your opponents team.
-For instance, I wanted to warstory a 4-0 on my part due to the predictions I had (such as Ice Beam on Blaziken as he baton passed into a Salamence that had not come out yet because I knew he had one and would expect thunderbolt or earth power) but it was just a rape fest nothing really engaging. Same reason I don't accept challenges even though I can see their team but they can't see mine. I just don't like it x-X

As for saying to much, it really is a habit of mine (just look at this post already.) I tend to ramble on and can do that about just anything. Even that previous sentence can be shortened down to "I like to talk." At the same time I enjoy rambling and extending my words and phrases as best I can. I do thank you for that comment though, as I expressed worry beforehand that I might have said too much about the obvious. My first warstory had not enough, and this perhaps had a little more. I'll make sure to have a healthy balance between the two on the next run.

Now for a little preview, I said I'm taking requests (and I still am if anyone wishes to have an idea taken up), but I've come up with an idea for a new team I want to use. For nostalgia sake, I'm going to work up a competitive Kanto team. You might say "Alright, but you have things like Zapdos, Gyarados, Starmie, Gengar, Jolteon, and a slew of others you'll be fine!" but I won't be using any of those.

I'm going to take the team as I would an in-game team. I'm going to take the pokemon I usually enjoy raising and see what I can't make out of it. I only want to use pokemon I love and I don't want things to be easy. If it was OU in gen4, then it's not making it on to this team. I've done a few experiments last night and have half the team pretty much decided. The other three are getting fired.

Anyway, thanks again for all the great comments! I hope I can bring you guys more like this, if not better. I plan to, possibly not sure yet how I feel about it, making the next warstory more narrative. Not narrative as in I talk more, don't worry! Narrative as I want to tell a physical story that progresses the game rather than the log. The log will still be there mind you, capturing every last detail, but the interactions of the characters, pokemon, and setting is what I hope to really move things along. Now I'm just being silly mixing fiction writing and pokemon, but hey I'm a silly guy :D

I would love to see a Kanto team. Personally I would like to see a evolution stone Golbat, but I would understand if that doesn't flow well for you (I love the zubat evolution family the most). Aside from that there are PLENTY of other great kanto pokemon who aren't the typical favorites but great and viable none the less, just like the Nidoking you ran who did great this war story.

I think Nattorei is supposed to be a steel Nettle plant, hahaha.

Great story. There's clearly a very high level of thought process, skill, and prediction on both sides. The match, if not the warstory itself, is easily the best and most intense that I've ever read about.

Amazing warstory. Also, btw, 1,3 (LO) x 1,3 (Encourage, IIRC) = 1,69 = 70% bonus
If encourage's boost is 1,2, then its 1,3x1,2= 1,56 = 56% bonus

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You know, I like the effort you put into the commentary unlike most other warstories out there. Though I'm not experienced in the field of making warstories, I can certainly critique this to a good regard. One thing I didn't particularly enjoy about the battle was the fact that the opponent greatly relied on Nattorei and Ditto to check certain parts of your team. And it was a bit strange considering how Nidoking outran a few things, but I guess some of the opposing Pokemon were not fully EV'd in Speed.

And, um, yes. Unnecessary commentary here and there along with lengthiness in general. I'll give this a 9/10 for a decent battle and effort-ful commentary.

Ignore what THB said on the previous page. I don't want you to become on those "one sentence per turn" warstory-ers. Do what you did here. Whatever magic you worked this time, work it again!

For a Kanto team, you could use a sun team. Ninetales, Charizard, Venusaur were all Kanto mons. Or you could go stall with things like Chansey, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Vaporeon.

Regardless, if you can pull another one of these out of your hat, I'd be a happy reader.

I would love to see a Kanto team. Personally I would like to see a evolution stone Golbat, but I would understand if that doesn't flow well for you (I love the zubat evolution family the most). Aside from that there are PLENTY of other great kanto pokemon who aren't the typical favorites but great and viable none the less, just like the Nidoking you ran who did great this war story.
SHHHH DON'T GIVE IT AWAY (I love zubat too >> xD)

For a Kanto team, you could use a sun team. Ninetales, Charizard, Venusaur were all Kanto mons. Or you could go stall with things like Chansey, Tentacruel, Cloyster, Vaporeon.
I tried a sun team with those guys...doesn't work to well. Needing the support for Charizard is really frustrating and without him it's pointless. As for the others, I want to stray from OU pokemon or overly popular pokemon

Very well written!

I think Rankurusu is suppoed to be a cell and the green stuff is cytoplasm and the arms are parts of the inner cell. Lol flying jelly ghost. XD

I tried a sun team with those guys...doesn't work to well. Needing the support for Charizard is really frustrating and without him it's pointless. As for the others, I want to stray from OU pokemon or overly popular pokemon
I was just throwing suggestions out there. It's your call what team you choose.

Just be sure to have a Slowbro on it, because he's such a boss.
Not only is he cool, he perfectly counters Roobushin, Gliscor, Hihidaruma, and many others.
And Regeneration is just a straight-up good ability.

I was just throwing suggestions out there. It's your call what team you choose.

Just be sure to have a Slowbro on it, because he's such a boss.
Not only is he cool, he perfectly counters Roobushin, Gliscor, Hihidaruma, and many others.
And Regeneration is just a straight-up good ability.
I thought about using him and I just might. I have a serious issue with Psychic at the moment (weird right?) so he'd fit in great. Also giving me another water resist is great and I desperately need an ice resist (trying Lapras...ehhhh)

I thought about using him and I just might. I have a serious issue with Psychic at the moment (weird right?) so he'd fit in great. Also giving me another water resist is great and I desperately need an ice resist (trying Lapras...ehhhh)
Lapras is great if you can set her up. But it's really hard due to how terrible Ice is defensively. She's too slow without getting set up, though.

woah that was a lot of writting lol. your effort paid off though. one of if not the best 5th gen warstory i've read so far 10/10

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
One of the best warstories I've ever read. The battle was great, & the commentary...So in-depth...I'm Speechless. 5/5 & Luvdisc'd.

like practically everyone has said: good job! I like the way you explained your thinking process throughout the whole match, especially during the turn icyman pointed out.

9.5/10

looking forward for the next :)

An excellent warstory, your thought process was certainly described very well. But I agree with THB from the previous page; sometimes the paragraph on every move was unnecessary. Yes, on plenty of turns, it was helpful and definitely the best choice. However, don't think that you need to post so much on every single turn.

The battle was good, but not the best. You are clearly a good player, and that shows. Your opponent was good as well, but you seemed to control to the momentum for basically the entire match. There were only a couple times where you were at a disadvantage, and they never lasted more than maybe 2 or 3 turns.

Overall, though, a great warstory. I love yours, they are definitely some of the better ones on this forum. 8.5/10. Plus Luvdisc.

Writing an essay for every decision, even simple ones, is overdoing it. Just looking at the first turn, it didn't require that lengthy prologue.

The numerous, long expositions kill the pacing of the warstory. Length != substance. Long paragraphs of unnecessary details is not depth.

Many other warstories reveal the details of the battler's thought process, yet keep the explanations succinct and to the point. Note Chou Toshio's warstory vs panamaxis. Their commentary shows depth but explains only what's relevant.

I did generally like the warstory. It wasn't sloppily written, and the battle was decent. However, it's not a perfect or amazing warstory. The battle had bad plays, including a glaring misplay(not misprediction) with Ditto at the end, and the writing lacks brevity, which is an essential concept for any good writer.
This basically sums up my feelings. Good battle; amazing (yet at points, excessive) detail in commentary, and the formatting made it an easy-to-follow read.

8/10 <3
More please! I expect great things from you!

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Probably the best warstory I have read yet in terms of analyzing each play; along with your comments, the battle itself was pretty nice with great predictions and plays from both you and your opponent. 9.5/10

This takes the cake for best warstory yet , Gen 5. Your detailed thought processes, simply put, was fantastic. Excellent formatting, a great battle as well; contributing to making this a highly enjoyable read.

10/10. This definitely deserves to go into the Archives, once it is funstional for 5th generation battles.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly, I didn't think the comments were too long at all, it really showed your thought processes and was entertaining.

I second using Slowbro for your Kanto team. He's great, and hes not OU, although hes still completely viable for it (only because there are many other options).

Now I have a Kanto Team running through my head... something like Evo Stone Golbat, Nidoking, Slowbro/Hypno, Weezing... Arcanine...? mostly UU for fun, and some sort of lead?

I find Arcanine really useful as a late game sweeper, either scarfed or banded with a set consisting of something like Extremespeed/Flare Blitz/Wild Bolt/Close Combat.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Best 5th gen warstory to date, and it's probably going to hold that title for a long time. Commentary was ridiculously good.

The best 5th gen war story by far.

100000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

Only thing that ponders me is the title name. Its just so.... punny. Still an amazing story.

You have to write more, especially since it's Christmas break now.

Oh yeah, can I save this war story on a word document so I can preserve it for years to come.

I second using Slowbro for your Kanto team. He's great, and hes not OU, although hes still completely viable for it (only because there are many other options).

Now I have a Kanto Team running through my head... something like Evo Stone Golbat, Nidoking, Slowbro/Hypno, Weezing... Arcanine...? mostly UU for fun, and some sort of lead?
I don't want to spoil things but I see you think along my lines...I do have a choice band arcanine, a nidoking, a evobat, and a slowbro...Also using a Scyther lead to mimic Genosekuto because i love u-turn xD The last one shall be a mystery for now! aka it's not really solid yet. Matter of fact none of them are solid yet because im still experimenting with teams.

@Epic Turtle: Yah of course o-o I mean it's posted here so it's pretty safe that it's mine and unthievable so feel free xD

@Everyone else: If I could luvdisc people I would, you're all awesome for liking this so much!

Now that Arcanine gets Wild Bolt and Close Combat, he's an amazing sweeper.
Now that Weezing gets Stockpile, he's an amazing wall.

Good choice of mons.

I don't want to spoil things but I see you think along my lines...I do have a choice band arcanine, a nidoking, a evobat, and a slowbro...Also using a Scyther lead to mimic Genosekuto because i love u-turn xD The last one shall be a mystery for now! aka it's not really solid yet. Matter of fact none of them are solid yet because im still experimenting with teams.

@Epic Turtle: Yah of course o-o I mean it's posted here so it's pretty safe that it's mine and unthievable so feel free xD

@Everyone else: If I could luvdisc people I would, you're all awesome for liking this so much!
Put Evo Stone on Scyther. It doesn't hit as hard as LO, but it has 281/294/294 defenses without any investment.

I really want to face your team when it's finished. We simply must schedule a battle on PO sometime.

Now that Arcanine gets Wild Bolt and Close Combat, he's an amazing sweeper.
Now that Weezing gets Stockpile, he's an amazing wall.

Good choice of mons.

Put Evo Stone on Scyther. It doesn't hit as hard as LO, but it has 281/294/294 defenses without any investment.

I really want to face your team when it's finished. We simply must schedule a battle on PO sometime.
we can fight once the team is made and ready so you can help me work out some bugs with it. I tried pre-evo scyther but it's worthless. SR still wrecks him and he has no resistances outside of fighting worth the defenses. Scarf or bust imo

we can fight once the team is made and ready so you can help me work out some bugs with it. I tried pre-evo scyther but it's worthless. SR still wrecks him and he has no resistances outside of fighting worth the defenses. Scarf or bust imo
The SR weakness will be there either way. How can you mention the SR weakness and then even suggest Scarf?

Scarf causes you to switch a lot due to the opponent switching in a resist. You would literally get one or two moves in then have to switch out. The 4x SR weakness would rape you.

Basically, you need a Rapid Spinner to use Scyther. Starmie is probably the only note-worthy one from Kanto. Starmie also works as a status absorber.

Also, SD Scyther ftw imo. It is also benefitted by paralysis support from Slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)