Other Metagames Rate My SM CAP Team

When I think of a pokemon team, I usually want the following on my team,two physical sweepers, two special sweepers, and two stallmons (mainly one physically defensive and one specially defensive. That being my said here is my team, I'd like to see what you think of it.

The Squad

First the Physical sweepers.

Naviathan, 252 hp, 252 atk, 4 def
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Water Veil
Nature:Adamant
Dragon Dance
Icicle Crash
Waterfall
Iron Head

Experience: While Navaithan wasn't always my go to pokemon, which is no thanks to the amount of CAPmon that check him, he was always quite an asset to my team. Thanks to its bulk, I could always swap into a pokemon that Naviathan was strong against. However Navaithan had the worst move set in terms of type coverage, or at least when compared to all of my other sweepers, but that doesn't mean he had his minutes of fame in a match. Occasionally, he'd put big if not huge or even massive dents into my opponent's team. The only reason why he hasn't shined as much as the others is because as said before, there are way too many pokemon that check it with ease. I'd make a list, but this has so far gone long enough.

Crucibelle, 252 atk, 252, spe, 4 spdef
Item:Crucibellite
Ability:Magic Guard
Nature:Adamant
Coil
Wood Hammer
Gunk Shot
Head Smash

Experience: If I were to rate my sweepers, Crucibelle would be second place. There is a certain special sweeper on my CAP team that has gotten a lot more sweeps than Crucibelle. That being said Crucibelle has been a massive sweeper against plenty of teams. You could argue that the max speed might be unnecessary, especially if you want to go for a bulkier set. However, one thing I've found is that the max speed is able to out speed pokemon such as Aurumoth which would normally give it trouble, and able to OHKO it. Unlike Naviathan who needs roughly two or three dragon dances to get full sweep potential, Crucibelle only needs one coil for full potential. Set up a coil or two, then sweep with the three moves above. While it does have trouble against popular CAPmon such as Collossoil and Kritsunoh, it can hit and kill almost any pokemon that comes in its way. This is also beautifully complimented by its magic guard ability, which easily shuts down many stallmon.

Now that the physicals are out of the way, next up are the specials.

Stratagem, 252 spatk, 252 spe, 4 spdef
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Modest
Paleo Wave
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Energy Ball

Experience: Stratagem has and always will be the revenge king on my team. Thanks to its choice scarf, it can easily out speed most if not all of the opposition. On top of that, its ability levitate allows is to swap into pokemon such as Collosoil and Fidgit which would normally give it trouble and deal super effective damage against them. Its choice scarf also allows it to swap into sweeping pokemon and immediately shut them down, unless they have priority of course. While it isn't meant to sweep like the others, it still does much work against others.

Syclant, 252 spatk, 252 spe, 4 def
Item:Life Orb
Ability:Mountaneer
Nature:Timid
Tail Glow
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Bug Buzz

Experience: Now to talk about probably the most threatening CAPmon on my team. this guy has been able to put massive dents in the opponents team on so many occasions. This is mainly because of it move set. If you can predict the opponent and get a tail glow up, you are nearly unstoppable. Not only do you have a the Wall Breaker title with Syclant, but you also have the second fastest Capmon in the meta (in terms of base stats alone that is). This makes Syclant a threat so big that certain CAPmon are greatly used just to counter it. Although its type is very bad, Earth Power changes all of that. it allows you to hit steel, fire, and rock for super effective damage from a hard hitting pokemon. That's beyond nuts. The only things that really counter it are priority and pokemon that somehow out speed its speed stat of 375! This CAPmon is magnificent in every way.

Finally, we move on to the Stallmons

Pyroak, 252hp, 252 def, 4 spdef
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Battle Armor
Nature:Bold
Toxic
Leech Seed
Protect
Synthesis

Experience: Let's see here, a defensive wall that can double status the opponent and constantly heal from damage, nothing much. Really though this pokemon can really clean up the job in terms of battling. With leftovers and leech seed alone, Pyroak can heal 3/16 of its health every turn, which is almost a quarter. That's not even including toxic damage and synthesis. Another thing I've noticed is that it can take special hits rather well. Most neutral hitting special hits tend to be a two or three hit KO, which is just enough turns to set up against it. You can also stall with protect to either recover from damage, or to guarantee that the opponent will die from toxic or leech seed damage. The only problem that Pyroak has is a lack of resistances and special sweepers that can two shot it or even OHKO it if they can. That being said it's still a fantastic stallmon that can wall of many physical pokemon.

Malaconda, 252 hp, 252 spdef, 4 def
Item:Lum Berry
Ability:Harvest
Nature:Calm
Toxic
Protect
Substitute
Rest

Experience: Let me ask you a question. Have you ever encountered a pokemon that can easily wall off most of the opposition even with a bad type? With my experience in Showdown, this was the exact case with Malaconda. Whenever the opponent had special attackers left, swapping into Malaconda would be a slow but almost guaranteed victory. With an hp stat of 434, and a sp def stat of 394, Malaconda can easily punish special sweepers that dare to attack him. On top of that, he can also punish other stallmon by putting toxic on them, and setting up a substitute. Thanks to its lum berry it can heal the toxic away and heal itself completely with rest. This makes Malaconda quite a threat especially to special CAPmon such as Krilowatt that can't even hit it for super effective damage with either of its stabs. Physical sweepers on the other hand have an easy time against Malaconda, and can OHKO it even with a not effective move. Overall Malaconda is a stallmon that can punish those who don't know better.

Threat List

Cawmodore

Cawmodore's Steel and Flying Stab Combo allows it to hits five out of the six pokemon for super effective damage, which is incredibly bad since this guy is notorious for Belly Drum Setup. The best way I've been able to handle it is either swap into Stratagem and hitting it with flamethrower, or swapping into syclant and ice beaming away, hoping that it kills. However if it sets up a Belly Drum, I normally pray that it doesn't have Bullet Punch, otherwise I'm screwed.

TomoHawk

Tomohawk makes it here for many of the reasons why Cawmodore made it. It's stab combo allows it to hit the majority of the pokemon for super effective damage, but it can also be quite an annoying rooster against the team. The best way to deal with it is swap into Syclant as a revenge kill, just don't swap in between turns due to Syclant's glass defenses.

Colossoil

Honestly, the only reason Colossoil made it here is because he's very popular in the current CAP meta. And while he can only hit two of the pokemon for massive damage (thanks to levitate), it's still a threat to the team, and here's why. What Colossoil has is massive health, decent speed, and monstrous attack. An Assault Vest Colossoil can be a major threat, mainly because it can tank a Syclant ice beam, which is the hardest you can hit it for (unless you can somehow hit it with Naviathan). While he isn't the most threatening, you should still keep clear of him.

Arghonaut

Last but certainly not least is Arghonaut. Why is he here? one word... Unaware. This ability easily shuts down both Syclant and especially Naviathan. He can also take out both Malaconda and Pyroak easily with Gunk Shot. Stratagem and Crucibelle are probably your best options in terms of taking care of him. You should really watch out for Arghonaut, and the others above.

What do You Think?

So that's my SM CAP team. How would you rate this team? What does it lack and what are its weaknesses? What would you do to make it better? Let me know.

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but you are aware that the CAP metagame isn't restricted to CAP Pokémon, right?

This team doesn't seem to built with any common OU threats in mind, such as Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Greninja(-Ash), Mega Medicham, etc etc.

Not to be rude, but you are aware that the CAP metagame isn't restricted to CAP Pokémon, right?

This team doesn't seem to built with any common OU threats in mind, such as Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Greninja(-Ash), Mega Medicham, etc etc.
First of all, thank you for replying to my post, and secondly, yes I am aware that OU pokemon are usable in the CAP meta. The only reason why I didn't go over them is because I rarely saw many OU pokemon used on the opposing side, and even when they were, most of them didn't pose as much of a threat. However there were a certain few OU pokemon that were a threat, specifically Taunt Fini and Unaware Clefable, but other than that, they weren't that threatening. Honestly I found some of the CAPmon that weren't on the threat list more threatening than most of the OU pokemon I came across.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)