READ ME: Rules & Simple Questions - SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

Forgive me if this has already been answered in detail, but I couldn't help but wonder if there's more to the ban on metagames that use nicknames from becoming Other Metagame of the Month than simply "it's not obvious how to make a team for it." Awhile back I read a discussion on another thread (I think it was the Type Control thread) about the OMotM blacklist for nickname and Import/Export metas and that (roughly) was given as the rationale, and while I agree on the front of Import/Export metas since that feature isn't generally used for directly editing team data and an explanation would be pretty lengthy I don't see why the blurb for the new metas which appears on PS's main page can't be used to explain what you're supposed to use the nicknames for, so if there's any additional reasoning for why it wouldn't work I'd appreciate hearing it. (Contrary to the argument proposed in that thread, I don't believe nicknames to be fundamentally different than, say, the arbitrarily-assigned items which grant abilities in Enchanted Items)
I was gonna ask the same thing :(
Since metas like Cross Evolution are gaining popularity, it'd be a nice thing if nickname based metas were allowed for Gen 7.... I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed

I believe that one should not have to utilize extraordinary methods to build a team for a ladder. Ladders on PS! are my responsibility and I wish to keep them at a certain level of standards. The difference between that and Hidden Power related OMs, for example, is that setting your Hidden Power type is a normal action in teambuilding. Setting your nickname to a Pokemon you want to inherit something from is neither normal nor, as you mentioned, obvious. Also, you can't actually nickname your Pokemon as other Pokemon; it is illegal in-game.

MAMP

MAMP!
Just a quick question, after Sun and Moon come out, will the STABmons OMotM ladder still be Gen 6 or will it switch to Gen 7?

Reactions: EV
Now that Sun/Moon is out, what will happen to the Gen 6 OMs? Where can I ask for a new thread?
Plans were, iirc, that the most popular ones carried over while the rest had to be re-submitted, but it wasn't 100% sure, so in the end, what will happen and when?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)