[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Can someone please explain to me how to detect invalid iv spreads? Where can i find valid/invalid spreads for gen 4? I didnt know there was "invalid spreads".

that's what I thought after reading the smogon guide about rng in gen3, and asking TheMantyke about this deoxys. However even if this statement is wrong, there may be another simple reason why it is hacked : it says it had a fateful encounter, yet was captured in Hoenn.
1.all gen3 legend show up fateful when pal parked

1.all gen3 legend show up fateful when pal parked
oh ok thanks. I have a legitimacy question about nicknames :

I have a chansey in my hack list who I know is supposed to have no nickname (ie "CHANSEY" because it was caught in gen3) because I saw its pokecheck page. However in my game, its name is instead "Chansey". Is it a reason for being hacked, or does the game automatically switch all non nicknamed pokémon from "NAME" to "Name" when transfered from gen5 to gen6?

Also, I figure the allowed PIDs for gen3 aren't the same as those for gen4. For gen4, I use PPRNG since I don't have a PC, but PPRNG doesn't support gen3 so I don't know how to know if a gen3 IV spread/nature is legit or not. Can anyone suggest me a way to check it that doesn't require a PC?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh ok thanks. I have a legitimacy question about nicknames :

I have a chansey in my hack list who I know is supposed to have no nickname (ie "CHANSEY" because it was caught in gen3) because I saw its pokecheck page. However in my game, its name is instead "Chansey". Is it a reason for being hacked, or does the game automatically switch all non nicknamed pokémon from "NAME" to "Name" when transferred from gen5 to gen6?
Names are automatically lowercased when Pokebank transferred. Additionally some people nickname their Pokemon to the lowercase version of their names in the previous gens because, frankly, it looks ugly in all caps.

Names are automatically lowercased when Pokebank transfered. Additionally some people nickname their Pokemon to the lowercase version of their names in the previous gens because, frankly, it looks ugly in all caps.
thanks

Also, I figure the allowed PIDs for gen3 aren't the same as those for gen4. For gen4, I use PPRNG since I don't have a PC, but PPRNG doesn't support gen3 so I don't know how to know if a gen3 IV spread/nature is legit or not. Can anyone suggest me a way to check it that doesn't require a PC?

thanks

The pid-iv algorithm id the same iirc, but there isnt really an extensive list of seeds that are possible to hit.
Anything illegal in gen 4 is illegal in gen 3, but the opposite is not necessarily true.

The pid-iv algorithm id the same iirc, but there isnt really an extensive list of seeds that are possible to hit.
Anything illegal in gen 4 is illegal in gen 3, but the opposite is not necessarily true.
Ok thanks. So I can say nothing about the legality of Timid 6IV since it's possible in gen4. One last question :

Is there a difference between emerald and fire red/leaf green in terms of RNG Abuse? I think TheMantyke told me FRLG was essentially not RNG abusable at this point, but I'd rather ask again. I've so far considered any good pokémon from FRLG to be hacked.

Ok thanks. So I can say nothing about the legality of Timid 6IV since it's possible in gen4. One last question :

Is there a difference between emerald and fire red/leaf green in terms of RNG Abuse? I think TheMantyke told me FRLG was essentially not RNG abusable at this point, but I'd rather ask again. I've so far considered any good pokémon from FRLG to be hacked.
Timid 6iv is legal in emerald with a seed of 0.
FRLG's initial seed is variable depeding on certain button clicks and a very accurate timer so hitting dem may be difficult on a genuine retail cartridge,
but on emus you have save states and frame advancement( which can even lead you to the same seed every time you load the game).
INB4 'THERE ARE LOL MANY POSTS DISCUSSING FRLG RNG HERE ON SMOGON LOL'

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's not really possible on a retail cart, but it can be done on an emulator. However, most people who have done FRLG abuse tend to keep that stuff to themselves, so don't expect to get any off the GTS, or whatever else.

Hi, excuse my noviceness but is this Heatran hacked or not?:

Name: JPN
IVS: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
OT: JPN
Caught in the Sinnoh Region

This is a Japanese Heatran I received randomly from the GTS. The reason it's suspicious is because someone was trading it away for a Porygon2 on GTS which is rather questionable. it was also randomly ev trained if that helps. and no it doesn't have the kalos native pentagon and the premier ribbon.

Search for it in rngreporter.
So, the only way is to download, install and then look for it in rngreporter? I was hoping for a list of like seeds or something like that. I dont know how to rng as i'm new and only have access to X&Y so im kinda noob...

Hey, In Denmark gamestop released a Celebi for gen IV right before the release of gen V, this was said to be the way to get the zorua in game event. I'm not sure if this is worth anything, but just saying. xd

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, excuse my noviceness but is this Heatran hacked or not?:

Name: JPN
IVS: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
OT: JPN
Caught in the Sinnoh Region

This is a Japanese Heatran I received randomly from the GTS. The reason it's suspicious is because someone was trading it away for a Porygon2 on GTS which is rather questionable. it was also randomly ev trained if that helps. and no it doesn't have the kalos native pentagon and the premier ribbon.
It's a legal spread for Generation IV.

I thought there was a single shiny celebi that was considered legitimate by smogon back in d/p days. I think I still have it. I can find the ot and info if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)