1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by TheMantyke, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Corrin

Corrin

Uh, I don't see anything wrong with either pokemon so for all intents and purposes they're at the very least legal. But if I were to give you an personal advice, it would be this: always assume that shinies, or just valuable pokemon in general, you get off Wonder Trade (which, I assume, is where you got these pokemon from) are hacks since you cannot trackdown their legitimacy.
    Doll Hime likes this.
  2. Usernamesarestupid

Usernamesarestupid

The Whimiscott is hacked. The OT (Sakati.TV) comes from a livestreamer who has previously given away hacked Pokemon.
    Doll Hime likes this.
  3. Yamatana

Yamatana

I would like to check whether my tapu koko is legal. Thankyou !
    Language: ENG
    Species: Tapu Koko
    OT: Tamago
    ID: 421944
    IV: 31.31.30.31.31.31
    Ability: electric surge
    Poke name: Tapu koko
    Level: 60
    Pokeball: repeat ball
    Shiny: no
    Clover: yes
    Moves: (default)
    Nature: naive
    Region: Alola
    Characteristics: mischievous
    Ribbons: none
  4. Exploits

Exploits

It's legal, yes. Whether it's legit is a different question. Unless you know who the OT is you should assume it's hacked given the near perfect IVs.
  5. Yamatana

Yamatana

Thanks a lot ! I got this fella from local pokemon community so I'm not sure about it..
  6. Doll Hime

Doll Hime

Thank you very much Corrin and Usernamesarestupid for replying! I always assume that rare Pokémon, specially shiny that come from the WT is at the very least cloned, because it just doesn't seem smart at all to just throw a shiny Pokémon at a random person on WT. But who knows, all for all the Milotic seemed legit, what made me suspicious was the dream ball. The whimsicott was one that I was still in doubt, but it's good to be finally sure of its origins.

With that being said, I'd like you guys to take a look at another Pokémon that came from WT on Moon, if it's not asking much! I believe it's legit, but it doesn't hurt to check.

EDIT: Another Pokémon needs checking, hope that's not a problem!

Language: English
    Species: Milotic
    OT: Wynne
    ID No.: 714463
    IVs: 6IV
    EVs (optional): None, not effort-trained at all
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Pokemon's name: Milotic
    Level: 25
    Pokeball: Dive Ball
    Shiny?: Yes
    Clover?: Yes
    Moves: Scald, Round, Blizzard, Water Pulse
    Nature: Hardy
    Region of origin: Alola
    Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
    Ribbons: None
    Other comments (optional): It's stated on her profile that she was an egg hatched at the Poké Pelago on 1/10/2017. I received her as a Feebas and since she was holding a Prism Scale, evolved shortly after arriving; that was before the Poké Bank update for Sun and Moon, a few weeks ago.

Species: Mimikyu
    OT: Hinaru
    ID No.: 997565
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/25
    EVs (optional): 4/252/0/0/0/252
    Ability: Disguise
    Pokemon's name: Sunako
    Level: 66
    Pokeball: Standard Pokéball
    Clover?: Yes
    Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Play Rough, Swords Dance
    Nature: Adamant
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Ribbons: Battle Royal Master Ribbon, Battle Tree Great Ribbon, Battle Tree Master Ribbon, Best Friends Ribbon, Effort Ribbon, Footprint Ribbon
    Other comments (optional): She was an egg hatched at Paniola ranch on 12/3/2016, and received at Wonder Trade on 12/20/2016. Her held item was a Zoom Lens if I'm not mistaken, and her EVs were the same as stated on the form, but the moveset was different. This Mimikyu's Hidden Power is Dark.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  7. dkl65

dkl65

Language: JPN
    Species: Ditto
    OT: leee
    ID No.: 993401
    IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
    Ability: Imposter
    Pokemon's name: FY+GJ-
    Level: 100
    Pokeball: Pokeball
    Shiny?: No
    Cross?: Yes
    Moves: Transform
    Nature: Bold
    Other comments (optional): Met on 12/13/2016 at Mount Hokulani, apparently met at Lv. 25. I requested a Ditto from one of the giveaways on Smogon. Someone sniped me and gave me this. The IVs are all "Best", not "Hyper Trained!"

This looks so much like a hack, but I would like to confirm it here. If this is hacked, breeding Pokemon with this are also considered hacks? I re-requested at the giveaway.
  8. TheMantyke

TheMantyke what if he kicks the ghost
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

That ditto is hacked.

Please do not trade Pokemon bred with hacked parents or you will be blacklisted.
  9. dkl65

dkl65

Language: GER
    Species: Ditto
    OT: ROT
    ID No.: 11822
    IVs: 31/23/02/17/31/31
    EVs: None
    Ability: Imposter
    Pokemon's name: Ditto
    Pokeball: Pokeball
    Shiny?: No
    Game Boy Symbol?: Yes
    Moves: Transform
    Nature: Hardy
    Region of origin: Kanto

Anyway, I won't use unknown Dittos from GTS for battle or breeding. And I got sniped with a shiny hacked Ditto but I won't post any more that are super obvious hacks.
  10. Mugenman88

Mugenman88

I just got Beast Ball larvitar over WT, legal y/n? I also think it would be helpful to have a list of mons that can be in beast balls
  11. Regiultima115

Regiultima115

Looks like a random transferred Ditto. All RBY mons have their HA and 3+ flawless IVs. As always there's no way to be sure, but nothing immediately screams suspicious.
    Hacked. Larvitar and its evos can't be caught in Sun or Moon.
    Mugenman88 likes this.
  12. Doll Hime

Doll Hime

Any Pokémon that can't be caught in Sun and Moon aren't eligible to be in Beast Balls. Male and Female do pass their Pokéball to offspring now, but only if they're the same species, so it couldn't have been bred.

Could anyone take a look at mine, though? ^^ I posted their forms on Saturday, it's still on this page.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  13. Regiultima115

Regiultima115

Best to just assume they're hacked. While it's possible they aren't, hacking is very rampant in Sun and Moon. Assume anything good from WT is a hack.
  14. PsIana

PsIana

Need that checked, nearly sure it is hacked:

Language: Spa
    Species: Silvally
    OT: Aikon
    ID No.: 361171
    EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 252 Spe / Rest not set yet (I didn't set any of these)
    Ability: RKS System
    Pokemon's name: Silvally
    Pokeball: Regular
    Pentagon?: No, but got that Alola-Sign
    Moves: Rock Slide , Swords Dance , U-Turn , Dragon Claw
    Nature: Jolly
    Region of origin:
    Characteristic: Alola , Aether Paradise , 28.11.2016
    Other comments (optional): I think it is hacked, but need confirmation .. I would love to know it is not hacked but the odds are just against it
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  15. Sondero

Sondero Giveaway Extraordinaire
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor

The odds of someone getting a Hexa-flawless Shiny Type:Null are so minuscule, it's safe to assume this one's hacked, unless the one you got it from has very solid proof (like video proof from the nicknaming screen to checking its IVs on a PC, even then I'd doubt it).

Edit to clarify: the chances of getting a Hexa-flawless non-shiny Type:Null are 1/32768. So if the chances of getting a Shiny Type: Null with the Shiny Charm is like 1/2048, the chances of getting that Shiny Type: Null legitimately would be 1/67'108'864. So consider the possibilities: A. Someone got a 1 in 67 million roll and traded that to you. B. Someone hacked and traded it
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    LegoFigure11 likes this.
  16. PsIana

PsIana

Thanks for your feedback, I calculated too and the luck being needed for that would be.. immense .. it is just not possible.
    Is deleting it enough for being not banned from the Global Link ?
  17. Doll Hime

Doll Hime

Thanks for replying! Nothing screams suspicious about them, but guess we can't be sure sadly.

PsIana I second Sondero on what they said, the chances are indeed minimal. Not only the odds of getting a shiny one with flawless 6IV are absurdly low, it doesn't make any sense the person which got so lucky chose to give it away to a random someone over WT for no reason at all...
  18. Siggu

Siggu

Yeah, the shininess should raise all alarms. Unless it's a very poor shiny, there are little chances it's legit.

Well, about that "unless it's a very poor shiny", I'm not including the troll hack I got yesterday on Wonder Trade - a perfect shiny Timid Dhelmise with a Flame Orb geared to be a special sweeper.

If I understood the legality guide correctly, then a Contrary Snivy with a pentagon on a regular Poke Ball is not illegal, right? Got one lurking through GTS (assuming it cannot come in any other kind of Poke Ball) but I want to be sure I'm not making a mistake. Other than the ability, it looked perfectly normal.
  19. PsIana

PsIana

Yes Contrary Snivys with Pentagon can only come in Pokeballs I think (not 100% sure) but it is of course not illegal. Apricorn Ball Snivys with HA are after the release of Bank legal legal too, but only with Alola Cross-sign.
  20. YourKingSkeletor

YourKingSkeletor

Species: Swoobat
    OT: Whitney
    ID No.: 14668
    IVs: All Perfect
    EVs (optional):
    Ability: Simple
    Pokemon's name: Swoobat
    Pokeball: Premier Ball
    Pentagon?: No (yes in Gen 6, transferred)
    Moves: 1) Calm Mind
    2) Stored Power
    3) Signal Beam
    4) Substitute
    Nature: Timid
    Region of origin: Hoenn (OrAs)
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
    Other comments (optional): Said it was hatched from an egg (if legit no doubt used the TSV/ESV method). Received in a WonderTrade. Was about to release due to it being to good to be real until I saw their message. They said they were a provider for Smogon. I received it in gen 6 and transferred it but decided to check real quick if you guysbdo have a provider in Gen 6 with IGN Whitney and ID 14668. If not I will be releasing it (lying about being a provider is suspicious). Thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  21. Siggu

Siggu

For that matter, I just got a shiny Latios from that trainer in Alpha Sapphire.

It's something that should be paid attention about if it's not legit.

Language: ENG
    Species: Latios
    OT: Whitney
    ID No.: 14668
    EVs (optional): 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Ability: Levitate
    Pokemon's name: Latios
    Pokeball: Dive Ball
    Pentagon?: Yes
    Moves: 1) Earthquake
    2) Draco Meteor
    3) Psyshock
    4) Roost
    Nature: Timid
    Region of origin: Hoenn (Southern Island)
    Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
    Other comments (optional): As said above, the trainer claims to be a "Smogon Provider" but this is a liiiiitle suspicious, to put it lightly. Also, it had Pokerus and has a Life Orb.
  22. .com

.com Grumpy old man
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Quick google shows at least a few instances of hacked Pokémon with the same OT and TID. I wouldn't trust either of them.

(Obviously, if they were a distributor [I don't know], then there'd be lots of people with their Pokémon; and one of those people may have hacked the ones found in the search... But meh, raises enough suspicion to not trust.)
  23. YourKingSkeletor

YourKingSkeletor

One more question. I got a Shiny Perfect Scizor in a link trade from IGN Sarah, ID: 39422. Legal moveset and everything. Are they also on that list of hackers? (It was in Gen 6)
  24. LegoFigure11

LegoFigure11 :thinking:
    is a Community Contributor

As stated, a simple google search revealed a few instances of these pokemon in suspicious locations/hacked pokemon lists (1, 2, 3) - a google search for your Scizor yields no such results, but it is still highly suspicious.
    <Totes> likes this.
  25. YourKingSkeletor

YourKingSkeletor

Yup, I agree it is still but if no results came up it might be legit. It too said it was hatched (possibly via TSV hatching) so I wasn't to sure. If the account isn't known to be linked to a hacker think it's safe to keep?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)