RMT Please

i am currently sitting around the low 1600s high 1500s on vgc battle spot my goal is too reach the 1700s I also know that after a certain degree the play is more on myself and predictions rather then my team but any help or pointers can go along way
I entered my first tournament a few weeks ago an made the top 8 so I'm not professor oak but i am better then ash catchum...

Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 228 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

I caught this guy on a random encounter and it was a shiny and modest nature I couldn't believe it so tried to build a team with this guy in it, basically with out p2 setting up tr his abit lost still good he lives a lot! Besides a flare blitz from arcanine not a lot one shots him
Pairs up with chomps eq and one shots celesteela and gastrodon
Although being the only pkm on the team who can handle both steela and gastrodon if vikavolt goes down I generally lose

Metagross @ Muscle Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Zenheadbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Meteor Mash

The ev spread isn't optimal I just threw him together I should do some calcs to really get the best out of him basically my counter to lele 4x resist
Bullet punch gives some priority I don't want to run a choice set on metagross as I like protect but if it will help il try anything I can't find a great item for this guy Iv tried weekness policy, air balloon, lum berry, so for now I just use muscle band 10% incense isn't much but i can stil protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Garchomp not a lot to say... his just great
Pairs well with vikavolt may try out scarfchomp, with a swagger from fini he tears the place apart I try to lead chomp n fini get a swagger off then switch into vikavolt and let off some eqs not really a lot to say

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 228 HP / 84 Def / 60 SpA / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Recover

Best trick room setter basically a standard set lives a tecktonic rage lives a shuddered psychy from lele just a beast
I found my self being double targeted a lot in order to stop the trick room set up and begin to just use him as a tank until I tried out protect as not many run it, now people usually double target him on the first turn I protect waste there z move and do some damage with my other pkm then they have to work around protect rather then just slap p2 in the face with a double target
Only having ice beam is a slight inconvenience but having protect allows me to set up and catch people off guard I'm not too bothered

Arcanine @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 164 Spe
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Roar

Arcanine is the standard intimidated pairs well with almost anything is the most used Pokémon in the format an for good reason I probably won't change this guy too much I like the roar for belly drum lax or oricorio set ups etc
Fire z is just a boosted flare blitz with no recoil

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 80 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Swagger
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water

Originally I was running this as a calm mind set but it was very situational and wasn't that useful so I changed it to swagger and it does put in some work getting chomp and metagross at plus 2 alows them to tear holes through almost everything but maybe I need some more offence into tapu fini because aside from the terrain and swagger he's not doing a hole lot

Any suggestions il take on board I was thinking of possibly a tail wind setter like drifblim just to give me some more speed control i think the synergy of the team is disrupted becaus of this too

i am currently sitting around the low 1600s high 1500s on vgc battle spot my goal is too reach the 1700s I also know that after a certain degree the play is more on myself and predictions rather then my team but any help or pointers can go along way
I entered my first tournament a few weeks ago an made the top 8 so I'm not professor oak but i am better then ash catchum...

Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 228 SpA / 68 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

I caught this guy on a random encounter and it was a shiny and modest nature I couldn't believe it so tried to build a team with this guy in it, basically with out p2 setting up tr his abit lost still good he lives a lot! Besides a flare blitz from arcanine not a lot one shots him
Pairs up with chomps eq and one shots celesteela and gastrodon
Although being the only pkm on the team who can handle both steela and gastrodon if vikavolt goes down I generally lose

Metagross @ Muscle Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Zenheadbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Meteor Mash

The ev spread isn't optimal I just threw him together I should do some calcs to really get the best out of him basically my counter to lele 4x resist
Bullet punch gives some priority I don't want to run a choice set on metagross as I like protect but if it will help il try anything I can't find a great item for this guy Iv tried weekness policy, air balloon, lum berry, so for now I just use muscle band 10% incense isn't much but i can stil protect

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Garchomp not a lot to say... his just great
Pairs well with vikavolt may try out scarfchomp, with a swagger from fini he tears the place apart I try to lead chomp n fini get a swagger off then switch into vikavolt and let off some eqs not really a lot to say

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 228 HP / 84 Def / 60 SpA / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Recover

Best trick room setter basically a standard set lives a tecktonic rage lives a shuddered psychy from lele just a beast
I found my self being double targeted a lot in order to stop the trick room set up and begin to just use him as a tank until I tried out protect as not many run it, now people usually double target him on the first turn I protect waste there z move and do some damage with my other pkm then they have to work around protect rather then just slap p2 in the face with a double target
Only having ice beam is a slight inconvenience but having protect allows me to set up and catch people off guard I'm not too bothered

Arcanine @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 164 Spe
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Roar

Arcanine is the standard intimidated pairs well with almost anything is the most used Pokémon in the format an for good reason I probably won't change this guy too much I like the roar for belly drum lax or oricorio set ups etc
Fire z is just a boosted flare blitz with no recoil

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 80 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Swagger
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water

Originally I was running this as a calm mind set but it was very situational and wasn't that useful so I changed it to swagger and it does put in some work getting chomp and metagross at plus 2 alows them to tear holes through almost everything but maybe I need some more offence into tapu fini because aside from the terrain and swagger he's not doing a hole lot

Any suggestions il take on board I was thinking of possibly a tail wind setter like drifblim just to give me some more speed control i think the synergy of the team is disrupted becaus of this too
Hello, this is better suited for the Teambuilding Help forum, but please fill out the mandatory teambuilding homework assignment before posting there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)