SM OU RMT: Team Perfect Wish (Bulky Offense and Survival)

Hello I'm Cleska and after my last presentation on RMT with my team: UrsaKing of Trick Room (link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-ursaking-of-trick-room.3606963/ ), I have a new team for you guys: Team Perfect Wish. This team is very special because in there I have the pokemon that have the setup that I called: The Perfect Wish. You will see of what I'm talking about later. Now let me show you the team:

Bulky Offense and Survival Team: Perfect Wish

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Yawn
- Protect
- Toxic/Baton Pass/Heal bell

The captain of this team. He is the pokemon with the Perfect Wish setup. Umbreon is actual the very center of the team, the major reason of why every pokemon in this team have a hard time to die. I suppose that every one know that is bulky as hell on the Special side, and have a lot of HP. He's a bit like a substitute to Blissey in that way, but a WAY lot annoying for your foe. Now lets talk about the most important thing here: the Perfect Wish setup.
Actually, the REAL setup is only with Baton pass but like the move got banned form OU (The showdown ambassadors and crybabies trainers are so dumb to the point where they banned this move)... Let me explain.
Usually, when you use Wish to heal another pokemon, you must switch. But if your foe read that, he can prevent it with an attack that will hit the pokemon you wanted to heal because you switch, and the switch always have the priority (unless he use Pursuit). But actually, like Umbreon is slow, if you use Baton pass, the foe's pokemon will hit the Umbreon, then with Baton Pass, you just send the pokemon you wanna heal, and he will receive the heal at the end of the turn. With this setup, there is pratically no way that you miss your Wish. Also Baton Pass allow you to run away from Dugtrio's ability and other of the same kind.
Now if you don't use Baton Pass, I seriously recommend to go with Toxic, because that will have the same effect that with Baton Pass, concerning Dugtrio's ability (The Dugtrio won't be able to corner you if you poison him, then stall him with Wish and Protect). If you actually don't care about that, then go Heal Bell in the case where the Mega-Tyranitar got burned or something like that.
Then we need to talk about Yawn and Protect. Those 2 moves make this pokemon as such pain in the ass pokemon to deal with as Chansey or Toxapex. Yawn+Protect completely shut down the ability to your foe to setup on him. Then if he switch, you can Wish then switch, or Yawn again, or Protect if the Umbreon have low HP. This is a real vortex guys I've seen people with mega-Scizor cry on him because the U-turn don't OHKO, and when he want to Sword Dance, he got Yawned.
Umbreon does have weakness though. When you see a pokemon that have commonly taunt on him, you're forced to switch. Also, this one is max HP max SpD, so you must be carefull with physical bruiser like Crawdaunt, Hooppa-Unbound or Darumanitan. Also, he's quite a burden versus a pokemon that use Substitute, so be carefull with those.
Even if you can't use Baton Pass anymore in OU, there is another alternative in this team to perform the Perfect Wish. And we'll need Golisopod for that.

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Razor Shell
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

Yes, Golisopod! This pokemon look so cool, and he got an interesting double types. But what is really cool with him is actually his ability, that is so underestimated. The Emergency Exit can work like a Baton Pass if well use. You use Wish with Umbreon, then you switch to Golisopod. After taking the damage, if he's below 50% HP, Emergency Exit is activate, then you send the pokemon you want to heal, and the pokemon in question will receive the heal at the end of the turn. This team synergy is OD right^^?
Assault Vest is a must with him in this team. If you want a bulky Golisopod, with his base stat in defense, you must put him this item, with this he can compete versus a lot more of matchups, and keep a large amoung of HP in a long run. Now lets talk a bit more about his moveset.
First Impression of course. This guys have a signature move that have 90 power with priority. Even if that hit once that so dope for me. Then Razor Shell, actually because this move is WAY better than Liquidation. Why? You got 50% chance to lower the foe's pokemon defense by 1. That actually super usefull even Lando-T can't switch on him for free, same for Celesteela, in which case if then even try to setup on him, a second Razor Shell seal the deal. Leech Life because Golisopod, most of time, need to have above 50% of his HP during a match to be able to perform multiple times the Perfect Wish. And this move is also stabbed by his Insect type. Then Poison Jab because he NEED to be able to fight against Tapu Fini, who counter very hard Water types pokemons.
With his Adamant nature and his max HP and max Atk EVs, Golisopod have some good poke and tank pretty well, but he can't deal with Toxapex of other Water types pokemons who resist poison and/or Instect type move. Also, even if he's bulky, you shouldn't let him before a pokemon who have a super effective move on him or on a bruisier that is faster than him unless you don't have any safer choice, because his ability is a One Piece treasure for this team. Without this, you can't perform the Perfect Wish. Usually, during a battle, he's the pokemon that I use the less. Always keeping him with a lot of HP, even if you can also just send him and let him take the Wish's heal.
Well, even if his bulky, he have another problem: the Assault Vest doesn't reguliary heal his HP. That why, to be able stay durably in the field when you're obliged to stay and tank with him, you need to set something that will reguliary heal his HP, A.K.A the Grassy Field. Let me present you my Tapu Bulu.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

This Tapu Bulu is also quite special. For a fact, he's not Choice Banded or Choice Scarfed or with Leftovers, he's Assault Vested! Actually, Tapu Bulu Assault Vest is super useful! He's bulky and the Grassy Field grant him heal, and more power for his Grass stabbed moves. The Choice Band is a bit Overkill for nothing in this team, because you need your pokemon to be able to live at least one attack. Also, he can counter a LOT of his bad matchups like Greninja (if he don't have Gunk Shot), Volcarona (if she didn't Quiver Dance at least once) or almost every pokemons that have a no-stabbed SpA move super effective on him. This Assault Vest actually take every trainers off guard. Also, with this you can send him whenever you want on Mega-Manetric or Tapu Koko with peace on your mind cause he'll take few damages. He's also a key member of this team, because of the Grassy terrain: Golisopod and Umbreon will be able to tank a lot more, and the field cover also the Ground weakness, and that will be a huge help for the two other pokemons that I will talk about after. Now lets check his moveset.
Wood Hammer for the big damages. He defenitively need this move to be able to shake your opponent in the begining of the battle, or when his full HP. Horn Leech will be usefull to counter pokemons that have a super effective SpA move on him and who take Grass type moves damages by 2 or 1. Also if you somehow know that your opponent will switch and that the Tapu Bulu is low HP, Its could be wise to land a Horn Leech, just in case to gain a little bit of HP. Superpower allow you to take off guard pokemons that are weak to Fighting types moves like Heatran and Ferrothorn, and Stone Miss will be your read move, especially if the opponent have a Charizard on his team or a Volcarona. People just are never ready for it (but it really sucks when it miss).
Well, even if this Tapu Bulu is very good at taking people off guard and calling them out, he still got his daily weakness: Skarmory, Celesteela, and all the other you already know. Also, to be able to counter with his Assault Vest, most of the time he'll need to have more than 60% of his HP to perform it, unless your foe use a Hidden Power. To cover those weakness, I'll present you my 3 other pokemons. For now we got some VERY SOLID defensive base, so I think some monsters will do some good for the team. Mega-Tyranitar! GO!

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

The first sweeper of this team. His double types cover well the previous weakness, and with his ridiculous bulk + the Grassy Terrain (if it is on the field), can be switch in at any moment. Well, what can I say: He's the monster number 1 of this team all his doing his killing people so lets move on what allow him to kill: his moveset.
Dragon Dance of course. This team have a big lack: the lack of speed. That why he's Jolly with max EV in Spe and Atk. his got a broken natural bulk so its pretty easy to setup with him. Basically after one Dragon Dance, almost only Choice Scarfed pokemons can outspeed him, and he have no Tank. He 2 hits K.O almost all the pokemons in the game.
Crunch and Stone Miss for obvious reasons, then Fire Punch because the Steel type is a pain in the ass.
Here you'll see that I don't have Ice type move. Its because he don't need it. A sweeper only need Ice type move when his other moves, after an Intimidate of Lando-T, can't do at least more than 35% damages. The fact is that Lando-T can't heal himself (unless he have leftovers), so even if you make lets say 35% damages, he'll probably U-Turn the next turn. Then he send him again, he'll take 35% again. Finnaly you can see that Lando-T run out of HP faster than you think if you got some good basic damages, and thats exactly the case with Mega-Tyranitar. Stone Miss actually take 44% of his life after a Intimidate, so if the Grassy Terrain is up, with his natural bulk you don't even have to switch. You can Dragon Dance before him his earthquake won't be life threatning.
Mega-Tyranitar have of course his weakness that everyone know so I won't take my time to talk about it this time. I'm gonna talk about my second beast instead: Volcanion.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Volcanion. He got one of the double types I've dreamed for:Fire/Water. Dang and his cool on his own way. He's really capable but I can understand why he's in the UU Tier. He's a bit like Heatran but his double type give him less defensives options (the cons of Steel type). But he got all it take to be a OU pokemon in term of base stats and moves so don't sleep on him. Especially if he's, like mine, Choice Specsed. Volcanion fill quite well his role of bruiser on this team. I usually go Assault Vest with him, but since I've already 2 pokemons with this item and that his already well rounded in defenses, I though that some extra offense were needed. The Grassy Terrain help him a lot! He can 1v1 every Ground type pokemons if the Grassy Terrain is on the field. Now lets take a look on his moveset.
Fire Blast and Steam Eruption for ovbious reasons, then Sludge wave for Tapu Fini and Earth Power for Toxapex. He need move that can help him to pass through some Tanky Water type pokemons in the OU Tier. Also his Ability is pretty good and marry well with the theme of this team.
Well, his a REAL threat but you'll be use to send him in general only when the Grassy Terrain is on. Also a lot of OU Tier pokemons have big damages on their sleeves, so you can't send him blindly or he'll die in 2 hits free.
After all this overwhelming demonstration of power, I think that we need to chill a bit. Lets talk about some more Tanky stuff with my last pokemon: Skarmory.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Counter
- Stealth Rock
- Roost/Whirlwind

At last but not least, we have Skarmory! Well, everyone do know him, for being one of the most annoying pokemon in the game. I don't play him so often, so I really have some trouble to got a optimal build for him. But I knew that my team needed a Steel type pokemon, and one who is pretty tanky in the physical side, cause the majority of this team is bulky but more in the special side and that could evade Ground type moves. So yeah Skarmory was the best choice for me, since he's more Tanky than Celesteela concerning the physical defense. Also I need a pokemon that could use Defog. Rocks and pics are a real pain to deal with in this game.
So for his moveset, I still don't know if it is optimal, but I knew that I needed Defog. Counter also because I noticed that a lot of trainers like to setup on me, since I have few pokemon with good Def stat. So Counter actually help me to shut down these monsters. Steath Rock of course. I don't like those last pokemon situation when you face a Greninja that is obviously Focus Sashed, and also is perfect for this team because trainers like to switch a lot versus Umbreon to avoid the Sleep statue caused by Yawn. The last move is where I have a doubt. Roost help him a lot, but Whirlwind is also a good option too since Umbreon can heal him with Wish, and I have an hard time to choose between these two, even if I usually go Roost. Well in this case its up to you, depending of your preference.
Welll, what else can I say after that? He's pretty like all the Skarmory that you see everywhere so I can assume than you what his weaknesses are. But he's still a big help for the team.

Now lets talk a bit about some hints I have for this team:
-Usually start the match with Skarmory or Tapu Bulu.
-When you switch as Umbreon, Always make sure that he have almost 50% or more HP before, if you want to be able to use the Wish safely next time he'll be on the battlefield.
-If you used Wish and that you have low HP, don't go immediately for Protect if your foe have a pokemon that can setup on you. You could lose just because of that. Instead, go for Yawn. Its better to lose one pokemon and prevent the sweep than risky the game just because you wanted a heathly Umbreon.
-Tapu Bulu and Golisopod are pretty bulky with the Assault Vest, so before a Volcarona or this kind of pokemon, put your balls inthe table and attack, they'll never see it coming.
-The big cons with this team is that all the pokemons are bulky, so in the begining you can afford yourself to make previsible moves and watch how your opponent react, then begining to scheming your reads.

Aand that pretty much it! Honestly I've spanked so many cheeks with this team that incredible. The Perfect Wish setup is something that I've discover 1 year ago but I had some hard time to put it on a good team. I'm so proud of this setup and of this team in genaral. Good defensive coverage, Bulk everywhere, good Offensive coverage also, big damages and survival.

Please rate my team, comment on possible counter or Big counter, what pokemon you would have use for a precise role and what moveset you think is better, what you like/dislike in this team, ect... like that I can work on this team a bit more.

If you want to watch my records, go on the replay section of the Showdown game and search for Cleska or Shinjacky (especially for this team).

Thanks you for reading it and have a good day^^.

Last edited:
Intresting team you've got here... I immediately saw you are very weak against subcoil zygarde, grassy terrain only effect Eq/magnitude/buldoze, Thousand arrows just hit really hard on the rest of your team. It actually 6-0 your team after he stalls out your bulu and gelisopod with toxic.

If I were you I would change skarmory for tapu fini and heatran for volcanion, Let me explain why...

Bulky tapu fini takes on zygarde+ash gren that your team also strugles with. I know its common to have a ground immunity on your team but like you explained eq doesnt hurt your team anyway, besides zygarde's thousand arrows drops skarm to the ground and let it hit the next move super effective. Fini lets also use you defog, I wil put a good bulky set below.

Heatran-->volcanion: volcanion is in uu because alot of common mon in ou checks him like fini.. specially when its locked into a move.

this heatran set I would recommend:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- stealth rocks
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Maximum Speed with a Timid nature allow Heatran to outspeed Jolly Tapu Bulu. The given HP and Defense EVs give Heatran a balance of defenses while decreasing the chances of Mega Sableye breaking Heatran's Substitute 31.25% of the time. If outspeed Jolly Tapu Bulu is of no concern, 32 Special Attack EVs and a Modest nature allow Heatran to defeat Toxapex with the combination of Earth Power and Magma Storm's residual effect. heatrans gives you a stall break and gives back your steel type+fire type I removed, It also gives back stealth rocks.

There is one extra suggestion I would make: you already have 3 good spdef walls by ttar in sand/umbreon/gelisopod so I found Av on bulu to much. Your team also strugles with bulky steel types and under terrain you can't hit them hard like you mentioned. I would suggest making tapu bule Fightium-z I would put the set below.

Now your team can deal better in the current meta espacially in the higher tier.

Tapu bulu set:

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer

Tapu fini set:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Intresting team you've got here... I immediately saw you are very weak against subcoil zygarde, grassy terrain only effect Eq/magnitude/buldoze, Thousand arrows just hit really hard on the rest of your team. It actually 6-0 your team after he stalls out your bulu and gelisopod with toxic.

If I were you I would change skarmory for tapu fini and heatran for volcanion, Let me explain why...

Bulky tapu fini takes on zygarde+ash gren that your team also strugles with. I know its common to have a ground immunity on your team but like you explained eq doesnt hurt your team anyway, besides zygarde's thousand arrows drops skarm to the ground and let it hit the next move super effective. Fini lets also use you defog, I wil put a good bulky set below.

Heatran-->volcanion: volcanion is in uu because alot of common mon in ou checks him like fini.. specially when its locked into a move.

this heatran set I would recommend:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- stealth rocks
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Maximum Speed with a Timid nature allow Heatran to outspeed Jolly Tapu Bulu. The given HP and Defense EVs give Heatran a balance of defenses while decreasing the chances of Mega Sableye breaking Heatran's Substitute 31.25% of the time. If outspeed Jolly Tapu Bulu is of no concern, 32 Special Attack EVs and a Modest nature allow Heatran to defeat Toxapex with the combination of Earth Power and Magma Storm's residual effect. heatrans gives you a stall break and gives back your steel type+fire type I removed, It also gives back stealth rocks.

There is one extra suggestion I would make: you already have 3 good spdef walls by ttar in sand/umbreon/gelisopod so I found Av on bulu to much. Your team also strugles with bulky steel types and under terrain you can't hit them hard like you mentioned. I would suggest making tapu bule Fightium-z I would put the set below.

Now your team can deal better in the current meta espacially in the higher tier.

Tapu bulu set:

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer

Tapu fini set:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog
Thank you for your comment! I gave some though on your suggestions and on paper you're quite right on some facts. Zygarde is a pain for this team along with Celesteela. The reason I still manage to win is because people became crazy about my Umbreon the Yawn mixup was a way too annoying for them. So I think that the Tapu Fini instead of Skarmory is a good choice. The only problem I see here is that the Misty terrain can mess up Umbreon moveset, but I guess that it the price to pay for it. Also I as wondering if Haze would be better than Nature's Madness. I really don't like when people try to setup on me and that will be a great help to cool off Zygarde, since Haze erase the buffs granted by Coil/Dragon Dance. I understand for Heatran, and actually the setup you showed here surprised me. I didn't know that Magma Storm+Earth Power could take down a Toxapex or a Mega-Sableye I'll need to try that. For Tapu Bulu, Its true that I already have a lot of SpD tank, so the build you suggest to me sound quite appropriate, but the only think that I don't like about that is the fact that he'll be quite squishy, but like for Tapu Fini, its a price to pay, and also, if I use Sword Dance on Tapu Bulu, I would quite put Stone Miss instead of Wood Hammer, Since he's max Atk EVs with adamant Nature, Horn Leech is sufficient for kills (well, only if the Sword Dance buffs are on deck). And Stone miss is a need versus Flying and Fire types like Zard-X/Y.
Anyway, I'm gonna try out what you proposed and see how it goes. Happy to see that my team interested you and have a good day!^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)