SM OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really sure what to do besides list my team.
Ticklez (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 124 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Cuddles (Toxapex) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Venoshock
- Toxic
- Recover

Rend (Excadrill) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor

Enton (Charizard-Mega-Y) (F) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Ancient Power
- Roost

Soup (Zygarde) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Queen (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

There's not a whole lot of direction with your team. Is it Offensive, as Zygarde Excadrill and MegaZardY would suggest, or is it Defensive, as Ferrothorn, Toxapex, or Clefable would suggest? Is your team built around one Pokemon, or is it built in a way that every single Pokemon benefits from the help of one another? Think about your team: What do you want to accomplish with it? No, "Winning Matches" is not the answer. Think of a purpose that your team fulfills. Then, build a team around that purpose. You can't do any worse than building a team without direction. Doing so is not only a bad idea, but it is also a beginner's lesson.

Now, the entire team looks like it was Copypasted from the Smogon Dex, and while those sets in and of themselves are fine, they only work well when on the appropriate team. MegaZardY needs a Rapid Spinner so that half its health isn't chipped away on switch-in due to Stealth Rocks, so I suggest giving Excadrill Rapid Spin, as it removes Entry Hazards on your side. Also, Gyro Ball is not really a good move for a Pokemon like Ferrothorn, since Fairy Coverage already exists with both Toxapex and Excadrill, so you should probably replace that with Knock Off.

That's really all I can possibly suggest for your team. In short, find a purpose that you want to fulfill for your team, and build it around said purpose. If you don't want to do that, then take my advice for some of your Pokemon.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)