Walrus RODAN's epic walrus (for gamers) - Won by asek

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 15th with 4.6 points: Steven Snype

Matt and Kim - It’s Alright

I heavily dislike twee. I think the general aesthetic of this style of music is really offputting. Its too chipper and shit.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 14th with 5 points: Walrein

Vampire Weekend - Diane Young

I do not like vampire weekend. All my friends in high school liked them, so I was over exposed to a band I never liked in the first place. So I really really don’t like them now.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 11th with 6.3 points: KnightsOfCydonia

Foster the People - Helena Beat

Didn’t like this on first listen, liked it more on 2nd listen. Nothing entirely special but it's solidly OK. Pretty much the most Meh i am on a song in this list.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 10th with 6.4 points: Blazade

T.M.Revolution, Nana Mizuki - Preserved Roses

This song is wayyyyy too busy. It has an extreme amount of noises and shit going on. It’s not terrible, i like some parts of this. But jesus christ its hard to pick out.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 9th with 6.7 points: Texas Cloverleaf

Paramore - Proof

This song makes me think of ben the demon so I had to dock it a couple of points. I’m sorry. This song is OK. Its upbeat and fun, never really liked Paramore though. Misery Business is a jam though.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 8th with 6.8 points: Asek

Animal Collective - My Girls

This is a song that I probably would have appreciated more when I was younger and more pretentious. It has a really cool sound but there is nothing about this that would ever make me want to relisten to this. Nothing that brings you back.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 7th with 7 points: Yeti

Duran Duran - Girl Panic

If you told me this was off of Rio I would have believed you. It sounds almost indistinguishable from prime Duran. Its sort of a mindfuck honestly.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 6th with 7.1 points: Lord Gaius

Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty

This song is a jam. We are at the Pop Jam portion of the rankings now. I love a good trashy pop jam and SPOILERS there will be a fair bit more. This has such a sleazy sounding trumpet, its iconic.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 5th with 7.5 points: Martin

Lady Gaga - Telephone

This song is a marvel of pop music, it has beyonce sounding way blacker than usual on it. Early Gaga really knew how to write a tasty pop jam. This is good as hell. The only issue I really take with it is that its pretty not-catchy for a pop hit. Like you won’t catch me singing telephone in the shower.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 4th with 7.7 points: vonFiedler

Daft Punk - Instant Crush

And now for something completely different. An incredibly sombre sounding song that really invokes emotion in me, This song reminds me a lot of my graduation year, because it came out around then. So it will always have a bit of sentimental value to me. I do really think its a good song minus the nostalgia though.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 3rd with 7.9 points: LightWolf
Block B - NILLILI MAMBO
Before you spam the chat with reverse robbed hear me out. Actually nevermind, I got nothing. It’s ridiculously catchy and It has been stuck in my head since listening. The song is so fucking bombastic and over the top I can’t help but love it. It is so fucking ridiculous. LightWolf is my Sunbae

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 2nd with 8.1 points: myzozoa

Lady Gaga - Paparazzi

This is my 2nd favourite lady gaga song. It is one of the biggest most catchy pop jams to ever be released. There really isn’t much to say about it honestly, what can you say about Paparazzi that hasn’t been said before?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 16th with 1.5 points: Walrein

Electric Guest - American Daydream

These vocals are extremely awful. I hate this so much. Maybe my most hated song out of anything submitted in this walrus.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 15th with 4.3 points: KnightsOfCydonia

The Shins - Those to Come

This is just boring. It doesn’t make me think of a dream it just makes me want to fall asleep.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 14th with 5.6 points: zorbees

Orianthi - Light of Manos

Gets a little too loud for me to be able to relax to this song. Also I’m generally not a big fan of guitar solo-ey type stuff so this doesn’t really appeal to me on that level either.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 12th with 6 points: LightWolf

Even in Death

This is definitely dream like, I just don’t really like it very much. As I said, not the biggest fan of instrumentals. This could really use some dreamy vocals over it to really sell it.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 11th with 6.1 points: myzozoa

Amy Winehouse - Take the Box

I feel like you just wanted to submit amy winehouse no matter the cost. This song is not dreamlike at all in my opinion. But I do sort of like it. Not sure I would ever listen to it again.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 10th with 6.2 points: Blazade

Haken - Deathless

I love a good corny slow power metal song. And this is definitely a corny power metal ballad. Is it good? Hard to decide honestly. I wouldn’t listen to it again and I prefer other corny power metal ballads such as “Letter to Dana”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)