Running With The Bulls Giveaway![59 Runners Running!][Finished, Mod's Please Lock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction:
  • To celebrate the festival of Sanfermines in Pamplona, Spain, and their world famous Running with the Bulls activity, I'll be giving away bovines/bovine related Pokemon from around the world!
  • *Note*, there is controversy surrounding this activity, as animal rights activists are dismayed with the stress these bulls endure. Also, numerous people are injured and sometimes killed during these festivities (bulls horns hurt alot). This giveaway does not in anyway shape or form intend to offend anyone surrounding/involved in these controversies, rather simply to celebrate the rich history of Pamplona and the majestic wonder of bovines.
Information:
  • All Pokemon have been bred and hatched/caught by myself in the 7th Generation.
  • Shiny Pokemon were bred using Egg Swap + Restoring Save States. If you do not agree with this method, then those Pokemon are not for you.
  • All Pokemon were cloned using the Poke Bank + Restoring Save States. If you do not like cloned Pokemon, then this is not the giveaway for you.
  • All Pokemon will have the Alola Champion Ribbon, however they may have more ribbons depending on the Pokemon. If you need to know, ask and I will tell you. Otherwise, they will not be listed.
  • All Pokemon are Non-Redis by default. If you have a trade thread on Smogon, and you ask me either by PM or in your request for permission to re-trade them, I'm more than happy to give you Semi-Redis power. Just ask first and give me credit please.
Rules:
  • Do not whine/complain/argue if you do not receive all the Pokemon you wanted as a result of the end of the giveaway. I'll do my best to distribute to everyone, but once the giveaway is over, it is over.
  • Do not request more than 1 Pokemon at a time, as I will not put any Pokemon on hold for you. However, once I have fulfilled your request, you can request again.
  • Please strike out your post once you have obtained your Pokemon. If you don't, you make this Wigglytuff sadder.
  • Please try and be as specific as possible when requesting/depositing Pokemon on the GTS. It makes my life easier when I don't have to guess who's who and it decreases the chances of sniping.
  • There is no stock. I will clone more when needed.
  • I will try and distribute every couple of hours (except in the initial launch), however, this is no guarantee. It is your responsibility to ensure your Pokemon is not sniped while you wait.
  • Failure to comply may result in myself ignoring your request, until such time as it is corrected.
#128 Tauros

Available Pokeballs:

OT: Nasuada
Available Natures: Jolly
Available Abilities: Intimidate
Available Gender: Male
Available Level: 100
IVs: |31|31|31|8|31|31|
EVs:|0|252|4|0|0|252|
Current Moves: |Earthquake|Return|Zen Headbutt|Rock Slide|

Tauros, oh the OG bovine! Tauros is pretty obviously based upon a bull, and is often seen as the counterpart to Miltank in some sense. While in bullfighting, people often assume that it is the color red that enrages bulls to charge, however they are actually red-green color blind! It's just the movements of the cap and the matador that irritate the bull! Furthermore, if you count the rings of a bull's horns, you can estimate the age of the cow! Neat! Except this Tauros has fully matured horns after being born ~5 days ago... dang it Dialga!

#241 Miltank

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Careful
Available Abilities: Thick Fat
Available Gender: Female
IVs: |31|31|31|8|31|31|
EVs:|252|0|0|0|240|16|
Current Moves: |Body Slam|Milk Drink|Thunder Wave|Heal Bell|

Okay, so Miltank isn't exactly a "bull" in any shape, sense, or form, but since she's a bovine I decided I might as well include her anyway. Holstein cows, which Miltank is based upon, have spots similar to fingerprints! No one Holstein cow has the same spot pattern. It's a shame they didn't implement this for Miltank like they did for Spinda though...

#626 Bouffalant

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Adamant
Available Abilities: Sap Sipper
IVs: |31|31|31|10|31|31|
EVs:|120|252|0|0|0|136|
Current Moves: |Return|Earthquake|Swords Dance|Substitute|

Oh Bouffalant, always too legit with that Afro :P. Bouffalant is probably based upon the American Bison, given that Gen 5 was based in the continental United States. As North America's largest land mammal (disregarding zoo animals), they use their size and the massive tendons behind their head (that hump on its back) to plow through thick snow!

#787 Tapu Bulu

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Adamant
Available Abilities: Grassy Surge
Available Gender: N/A
IVs: |31|31|HT|8|31|31|
EVs:|160|252|0|0|0|96|
Current Moves: |Horn Leech|Bulk Up|Leech Seed|Protect|

While Tapu Bulu obviously draws inspiration from a bull, it is also probably based upon Lono, a fertility, peace, and music god based in Hawaiian mythology. According to the mythology, Lono used his nets to drag up from the ocean the sun and moon and put them in the sky. He's widely regarded as the weakest of the Tapus, but come on, that's pretty impressive!

#210 Granbull

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Impish
Available Abilities: Intimidate
IVs: |31|31|31|10|31|31|
EVs:|252|4|252|0|0|0|
Current Moves: |Earthquake|Play Rough|Roar|Heal Bell|

Blizz, you've done it again! You included a non-theme Pokemon in the giveaway you fool! Okay, I know, Granbull is not a bovine Pokemon, but I wanted to give away a nice rounded 5 Pokemon. Granbull is based on the bulldog, which gets its name from Bull Baiting, a dangerous (and very deadly) sport in which a dog pinned a bull to the ground. Bulldogs were bred specifically to be able to take down bulls in the sport, and they did so quite efficiently. Of course, this sport is now very now much banned, but the dog breed lives on.
How To Obtain These Pokemon:
  • Deposit any Machop or Mankey on the GTS nicknamed "Runner", requesting a level 91-100 version of the Pokemon you want. Machop can be found at Ten Karat Hill, while Mankey can be found on Route 3.
  • Post on this thread with the details of your Pokemon and your deposited details, including gender, level, IGN, and message. The more detailed you are, the easier it is for me to find it. You can use the form below, but that is not required.
  • In your post, you can include the name of 1 bovine/bovine related animal, and a cool and/or interesting fact about the creature. The creature does not need to be real, nor unique from other posts. The more interesting it is, the more we'll both learn! (This is not required, but you make Blizz happy when you do!)
  • Enjoy!
Pokemon Deposited:
Pokemon Requested:
IGN:

Kindly requested:Miltank
Deposited:lv 11 male Mankey
IGN:Buck

Thanks in advance!

Received, thanks a ton!

Did you know that bulls and cows cannot see the color red? What actually agitates them in bullfights (which make me sad :'() is the matador waving his cloth, not the color of it.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Level 9 female Mankey
Pokemon Requested: Miltank
IGN: Mana
Message: I want to trade for a pokemon that is strong in battles.
Idk about bovine animals, but I like Miltank :o

Last edited:

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Deposited:Male Brave Lvl.11 Mankey
Pokemon Requested: Bouffalant
IGN: Smuckem
Message: I want to trade for a Pokemon that is strong in battles.
Fun Fact: There exists throughout various parts of Central Africa a swamp-dweller known as the sitatunga. Look up Tragelaphus spekii sometime!

EDIT: Thank you so much! Not sure what I'll do with this bovine boon yet, but it'll proably have something to do with Slurpuff...

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv 1 Male Machop in a pokeball
Pokemon Requested: Tauros
IGN: DigDoug

Fun Fact: There's a D&D monster called a Stench Kow.

Last edited:
Kindly requested:Granbull
Deposited:lv 12 female Mankey

IGN:Asira
Message: This is a pokemon that just hatched. please raise it carefully.
Fun Fact: Milk doesn't help you build strong bones. This is a lie put forth by the dairy industry.
Fun Fact 2: Most fun facts are not in fact fun.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv 1 Male Machop in a pokeball
IGN: DigDoug

Fun Fact: Cows are red-green colorblind.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv 10 female mankey

IGN: Jonyeo
Message: I want to trade for a Pokémon that is strong in battles.

Fun Fact: Did you know cows can only produce milk for the first time after becoming pregnant with a calf?

Last edited:
Requested: Tapu Bulu
Deposited: lvl 12 female mankey
IGN: Nedcone
Message: I want to trade for a Pokemon that is strong in battle

Fact: The national mammal of the US is the bison, a creature that was hunted to extinction so much they formed hills of its heads.

Pokemon Deposited: Machop, F, Lv. 1
IGN: Sun

Bison: It's coat is so thick and insulating that snow can cover it without melting.

Last edited:
Deposited a lvl 12 male Machop named Runner in a dusk ball
Want bouffalant
Ign Atharv

In India , cows are considered sacred and worshipped, to the point that they cause traffic jams for hours merely by standing on a road since no one would dare to move them.

Last edited:
Deposited: Level 10 female mankey
Requested: Granbull
IGN: Alejandro

Thanks for the giveaway!

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Machop, M, Lv. 1

Bison: They're quite fast and agile. They can run up to 35 miles per hour and jump as high as 6 feet. Because tourists underestimate the speed and overestimate the docility of bison, these animals have been responsible for injuring more people in Yellowstone National Park than any other species in the park, according to the National Park Service.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv 12 female mankey

Fun Fact: Did you know cows can only produce milk for the first time after becoming pregnant with a calf?

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv.10 Female Mankey
IGN: Teresa
Message: I want to trade for a Pokemon that is strong in battles.

Fun Fact: Gnu/Wildebeest may have been the inspiration for a mythical creature know as the Catoblepas. This creature is said to have a body of a buffalo, head of a warthog, and a look so horrifying that it could kill with one glance.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv 10 male mankey

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Machop, M, Lv. 1

Bison: They are the largest mammal in North America. Males weigh up to 2,000 pounds and stand 6 feet tall, while females weigh up to 1,000 pounds and reach a height of 4-5 feet.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Lv 9 male mankey
Pokemon Requested: Granbull

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)