[S17 SPECIAL] 1v1 aka Flash Clash

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So what do people use against Perish Trap Azumarill besides Whimsicott? I'm curious because while that HP Poison mention seemed like a joke, apparently Azumarill does have a good shot of 2HKOing Whimiscott with HP Poison (though a 3HKO seems fine too), it'd be nice only having to worry about Thundurus or whatever else people use against Azumarill.

Only thing is that I'd then have to breed a mixed HP Poison Azumarill, which sounds like some 7th circle of hell shit x_x
I wasn't joking, Whimsicott does negligible damage with Moonblast, and can't Leech Seed Azu or anything thanks to Sap Sipper. You don't need to breed a flawless mixed spread because Dive isn't used for damage, only to avoid damage and run out the Perish Song turns...

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So now that Sinnoh Classic is over, I'm thinking that I should get a team together for this Battle Spot Special, since I ended up missing Flash Clash.

I was looking at the old discussion thread, and noticed that user Artic got near the top with a Custap Swak. I was thinking more about Magnezone before for this role, but Sawk certainly seems like a viable alternative as a physically based variant that can also screw stuff up with Counter rather than Mirror Coat.

I'm actually thinking about trying BOTH of them, since Sturdy sounds like such a great ability here! However, if I do that, then one of them HAS to give up Custap. Which one can go without Custap the most? Is is it even worth running Magnzone or Sawk without Custap...

choice specs hyper beam sylveon is amazing. it lives a porygon-z hyper beam and kills it (azumarill too). also, i'm seeing conkeldurr that are faster than sylveon with poison jab. very unexpected.

perish trap marowak is also pretty nice with endure

What are the best counters for Weakness Policy Aegislash?
At the moment I'm thinking about Rotom-H or Zapdos, which can deal with Azumarill as well.

What are the best counters for Weakness Policy Aegislash?
At the moment I'm thinking about Rotom-H or Zapdos, which can deal with Azumarill as well.
i use CB Entei with full Hp:

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Aegislash-Shield: 168-198 (100.5 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield: 152-182 (91 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 4+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 178-211 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 180 Def Aegislash-Shield: 162-192 (97 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 72+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 186-220 (83.7 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You can still lose the match up if you have bad luck due to his shadow sneak. But you also have a good 50% of winning thanks to the burn if you miss the OHKO

Last edited:
i use CB Entei with full Hp:

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 144 Def Aegislash-Shield: 168-198 (100.5 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield: 152-182 (91 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 4+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 178-211 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 180 Def Aegislash-Shield: 162-192 (97 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 72+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Entei: 186-220 (83.7 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You can still lose the match up if you have bad luck due to his shadow sneak. But you also have a good 50% of winning thanks to the burn if you miss the OHKO
Uh, Entei is so good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)