Serpi da powerz

haiiiiiiiiup!
eventually, i decided to make another NU team after playing with my klang team a while. this team is mainly focusing on this unstoppable beast serperior and some unfinished "cores" (dark-psychic, grass-water). anyway,

well, serpy was the one i wanted to test out, so it seems logical that it is here

golurk was almost immediately added as the only lead i know who works and one of my fav pokemons in NU + stealth rock can be extremely useful when your sweeper are weak to fire

i needed a cleric and someone to take care of bulky psychical powerhouse's like gurrdurr and marowak. alomonola was added mainly for this and she provided good synergy with the rest of my team

at this point, i was extremely weak to grass types. especially grass-poison. rotom-fan is my pivot to take care of water and grass types.

i was still weak to status and poison types. i was also in need for someone to heal annoying paralysis and will-o's. so i added musharna as a healer and bulky pivot

skuntank was added for synergy purposes only. i was weak to ghost, grass and dark. skuntank doesn't really "counter" dark types but it was still a good adition

__________________________________________________________________________________________

now, lets look a bit closer on how all those pokemons are meant to work together:

snake @ Petaya Berry

Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

oh yeah! offensive serperior is maybe one of the most underrated pokemons in NU. the tactic is fairly simple: i lead with golurk, use stealth rock. then i switch to serperior, switching to alomonola and then switching even more, forcing my opponent to switch a lot too until their flying and fire types is weak. then i try to spam some calm minds on serperior and starting a sweep. the petaya berry can be really useful sometimes. i guess the strategy here is self-explained. spam some subs if i meet a opponent that has type advantage and I'm at low health and no CM boost. then i sub down to 25% to activate petaya and can surprise my opponent. HP fire might seem weird for some of you. but i already have two good fire counters, so instead I'm focusing on killing those vileplumes that can threat my team alot more.

possible replacements: no.

Fish @ Leftovers

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

alomonola is my hardcore psychical wall and fire counter. the EVs might seem weird for some of you, but with max Def and HP invested, he can take on almost every attacker that isn't special.
___
252 Atk Leafeon Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 218-258 (40.8 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
___
252 Atk Choice Band Sawk Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 237-280 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
__
252 Atk Zebstrika Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 204-242 (38.2 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
__

wall. nuff said

other options: well, I'm probably keeping this one too, being my only ice resist

Statue @ Lum Berry

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 HP / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

golurk as i said. is my awesome fav lead in NU. no guard dynamic punch will guarantee haxy starts and usually, stealth rock up. stealth rock is extremely important on this team, as I'm otherwise easily swept by char and glacy once alomonola is down. I'm running shadow punch over ice punch mainly for STAB and to take missy. thats also the reason why Lum berry is there. misdreavus can be so *********** annoying sometimes so I'm doing anything to counter it. 176 speed is for golem.

possible replacements: i like golurk, but he fits bad in this team synergy wise, being weak to ice, grass ghost, dark and water. all of them except for water is huge threats to my team so i was thinking about replacing it with a good ice resist with SR. probopass is good for this role, but that would leave me extremely vulnerable to fighting. i need suggestions.

Fan @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

rotom is my grass counter and fast pivot. air slash can do a good chunk of damage to vilelume and it can also easily survive a sludge bomb. this set is fairly common, so I'm not going to talk much about it. thunderbolt for power and volt switch for scouting. i use trick to remove the eviolite from mamoswine, the biggest counter to this team. but the pig won't resist a couple of dynamic punch from golurk without a eviolite which is my only way to kill him if alomonola is down.

possible replacements: this was formally a scarf chard and I'm maybe going back to it soon just to take annoying grass types and focus blast for piloswine. it would also make my huge ice weakness less of a threat… i leave this up to you

Elephant @ Leftovers

Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic

I'm going to say more about this later, but i have to go soon. anyway, musharna is my poison counter and cleric. alomonola heals my team with HP while mushy fixes annoying burn and paralysis. theres not much more to say, but I'm adding more descriptions later. oh! and 0 Atk is for foul play mandibuz

possible replacements: if ghost and dark becomes a big problem, then I'm probably replacing golurk instead. 252 Def could be another option.

Dog @ Lum Berry

Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 102 Spd / 154 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt

then its skuntank. he's here for synergy purposes only. i was incredibly weak to ghost and dark, so i added skunky to fix it. well… ghost at least. dark is still a threat. 102 speed is just to make sure i can taunt and slay super annoying missy and its also just enough to outspeed and taunt standard mandibuzz. this guy fits really great on this team, so I'm probably not going to replace it.

possible replacements: as i said, skuntank fits good on this team. however, I'm fairly weak to ice so i was thinking about replace someone. not skuntank with gurrdurr or throh to remove this weakness. except from that… night slash could be a good option too if i know my opponent isn't going to switch out, nor use an attack move

__________________________________________________________________________________________

that was it! i like this team but its far from perfect. i need desperately help to take on my counters:

piloswine: this dude is the biggest counter to my team. his combination of ground and ice moves is really scary with alomonola as only counter.
vileplume: annoying effect spore can activate when you least except it, this guy can be really annoying late game as I'm weak to grass. not very huge threat tho. i can usually take him with some psychics form musharna or air slash from rotom
skuntank: i have a really big annoying weakness. my only ground type is golurk, which dies to sucker punch anyway. actually, generally dark types can take on most of my team, but skuntank is worst

^ these are the three major threats. i need help to remove my dark and ice weakness especially. this team has rather poor synergy. the dark and ice problem can be solved by adding a fighting type, but I'm not sure who to replace…

____________________________________________________________________________________
replay section:

none yet! hard to find "good replays" nowadays imo

Last edited:
Alright this is a fun team! I like the concept of the team, and SubCM Serp has always been a personal favorite of mine to use. This said, I feel that the rare Regice and Piloswine are major issues for you, as Golurk is beaten, and Skuntank is not a particularily strong physical attacker. Choice Specs Charizard also is impossible to switch into for you, and if the opponent has methods of preventing hazards it honestly is an easy 6-0. You have no methods of revenging charizard either bar the relatively weak volt switch from Rotom-S, which if switched into by a ground type can lose you huge momentum. There isn't anything I would switch per se, but some of the sets definitely need help.

The first thing is to change your SubCM Serperior to Standard SubCM Serperior. Not to dirt on creativity, but in such a versatile meta, reliability comes first. I honestly do not see the benefit of a petaya berry, as Serperior nabs boosts rather easily, and you are encouraging yourself to get to 1hp and not have a sub, being revenged by any priority. Instead, Leftovers or Life Orb are more reliable, maintaining substitutes throughout a match and letting you set up more than once, or getting you consistent damage prior to getting off your berry. Hidden Power [Rock] is also chosen as a coverage move as it maintains perfect neutral coverage in NU bar Metang, which your HP Fire does catch. However, by running HP Fire you are completely walled by Charizard, a much more potent and relavant threat to the rest of your team.

Your Alomomola should definitely run a spread of 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD with Impish. Remember that Alomomola should not be played as a wall, but rather a Bulky Pivot. By using this spread, you avoid being 2HKO'd by any variant of Charizard from full health (Other than +2 SD Acro Zard), and yet it loses near no bulk, taking all three attacks you posted in your Damage Calc box very similarly, living all three after a protect (+12% since you get the switch turn and protect turn), and being able to wish up.

I don't understand this Musharna set. It appears to be offensive, yet is using all the qualities that pivot Musharna uses. Shadow Ball doesn't even give Musharna any additional coverage, making it rather useless. If you plan on supporting your team with Heal Bell, Nabbing Momentum, and Spreading Status, as well as absorbing attacks from the likes of Gurdurr and Sawk, I reccomend just running Pivot Musharna. If you want to really just go offensive, then consider Choice Specs Musharna, I will not post it below as it is inferior to pivot, but if you want you can go that route.

In order to beat the Ice Types I previously stated were major threats, and as you stated Skuntank to an extent, try Choice Scarf Primeape, being able to hit those ice types with a powerful STAB CC, switching into Vileplume's Sleep Powder possibly and discouraging it's shenanigans (it loses to vile 1v1 though), and dealing upwards of 80% to skunk before it can retaliate. Having a sleep absorber and more U-Turn is cute too.

Cool team!

Serperior @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 240 HP / 16 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass / Heal Bell

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Punishment
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Alright this is a fun team! I like the concept of the team, and SubCM Serp has always been a personal favorite of mine to use. This said, I feel that the rare Regice and Piloswine are major issues for you, as Golurk is beaten, and Skuntank is not a particularily strong physical attacker. Choice Specs Charizard also is impossible to switch into for you, and if the opponent has methods of preventing hazards it honestly is an easy 6-0. You have no methods of revenging charizard either bar the relatively weak volt switch from Rotom-S, which if switched into by a ground type can lose you huge momentum. There isn't anything I would switch per se, but some of the sets definitely need help.

The first thing is to change your SubCM Serperior to Standard SubCM Serperior. Not to dirt on creativity, but in such a versatile meta, reliability comes first. I honestly do not see the benefit of a petaya berry, as Serperior nabs boosts rather easily, and you are encouraging yourself to get to 1hp and not have a sub, being revenged by any priority. Instead, Leftovers or Life Orb are more reliable, maintaining substitutes throughout a match and letting you set up more than once, or getting you consistent damage prior to getting off your berry. Hidden Power [Rock] is also chosen as a coverage move as it maintains perfect neutral coverage in NU bar Metang, which your HP Fire does catch. However, by running HP Fire you are completely walled by Charizard, a much more potent and relavant threat to the rest of your team.

Your Alomomola should definitely run a spread of 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD with Impish. Remember that Alomomola should not be played as a wall, but rather a Bulky Pivot. By using this spread, you avoid being 2HKO'd by any variant of Charizard from full health (Other than +2 SD Acro Zard), and yet it loses near no bulk, taking all three attacks you posted in your Damage Calc box very similarly, living all three after a protect (+12% since you get the switch turn and protect turn), and being able to wish up.

I don't understand this Musharna set. It appears to be offensive, yet is using all the qualities that pivot Musharna uses. Shadow Ball doesn't even give Musharna any additional coverage, making it rather useless. If you plan on supporting your team with Heal Bell, Nabbing Momentum, and Spreading Status, as well as absorbing attacks from the likes of Gurdurr and Sawk, I reccomend just running Pivot Musharna. If you want to really just go offensive, then consider Choice Specs Musharna, I will not post it below as it is inferior to pivot, but if you want you can go that route.

In order to beat the Ice Types I previously stated were major threats, and as you stated Skuntank to an extent, try Choice Scarf Primeape, being able to hit those ice types with a powerful STAB CC, switching into Vileplume's Sleep Powder possibly and discouraging it's shenanigans (it loses to vile 1v1 though), and dealing upwards of 80% to skunk before it can retaliate. Having a sleep absorber and more U-Turn is cute too.

Cool team!

Serperior @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Wish
- Toxic

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 240 HP / 16 SDef
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass / Heal Bell

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Punishment
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
Wow, that was fast :P Thanks a big bunch! I was thinking about a fighting type and defensive Musharna a long time and swapping shadow ball for thunder wave seems like a good idea. You forgot to say who i should replace with primeape :P

Wow, that was fast :P Thanks a big bunch! I was thinking about a fighting type and defensive Musharna a long time and swapping shadow ball for thunder wave seems like a good idea. You forgot to say who i should replace with primeape :P
It aint obvious? RotomS.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello, if I'm less lazy and have more time later I might give a full rate but now I'll suggest some minor stuff. If you're worried about Skuntank, what you should do is give Golurk a Colbur Berry. This means in situations vs Skunk you can pivot around by switching to Skunk and then Golurk to absorb a Poison Jab. Golurk subsequently wins if it has good enough HP. Obviously this isn't 100% reliable as Skunk might predict the switch in, but it's a lot better than what you have now. In addition, Calm Mind + Heal Bell Musharna could be used with CM over Shadow Ball and the standard EV spreads. This would allow you to set up on Vileplume and beat Regice as long as you don't switch into it. It also still allows you to keep Musharna's role as a cleric and gives you a nice win condition against stall teams that lost their Bastiodon. Also I'm pretty sure Piloswine is dealt with pretty well by Alomomola so I wouldn't be too worried over it.

Also yes, I agree with changing Alomomola and Musharna's EV spreads to the standard ones and giving Serp HP Rock.

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Brawlfest that you're fairly weak to Regice as you lack reliable switch-ins and can't really power through it. You also have nothing for Swagger Liepard (ugh, I know) if it manages to get a Substitute up, and Dragons like SubDD Fraxure can be pretty big threats as well as they can set up with relative ease against the majority of your team. I think the best option to fix this is to use Piloswine over Golurk, as it can completely wall standard Regice, break Liepard's Subs with Icicle Spear, and check Dragons with Icicle Spear / Ice Shard. It also helps vs Skuntank because it laughs off its hits and OHKOes it with Earthquake, and still provides you with an SR setter and Volt Switch absorber.

Also agreeing with Brawl and scorp about the moveset changes for Mush and Mola, it makes them much more effective overall. Though you might not want to make the Primeape change since it makes you much weaker to Flying-types like SubBU Braviary, and Rotom is your only resist currently.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Hello, if I'm less lazy and have more time later I might give a full rate but now I'll suggest some minor stuff. If you're worried about Skuntank, what you should do is give Golurk a Colbur Berry. This means in situations vs Skunk you can pivot around by switching to Skunk and then Golurk to absorb a Poison Jab. Golurk subsequently wins if it has good enough HP. Obviously this isn't 100% reliable as Skunk might predict the switch in, but it's a lot better than what you have now. In addition, Calm Mind + Heal Bell Musharna could be used with CM over Shadow Ball and the standard EV spreads. This would allow you to set up on Vileplume and beat Regice as long as you don't switch into it. It also still allows you to keep Musharna's role as a cleric and gives you a nice win condition against stall teams that lost their Bastiodon. Also I'm pretty sure Piloswine is dealt with pretty well by Alomomola so I wouldn't be too worried over it.

Also yes, I agree with changing Alomomola and Musharna's EV spreads to the standard ones and giving Serp HP Rock.

I agree with Brawlfest that you're fairly weak to Regice as you lack reliable switch-ins and can't really power through it. You also have nothing for Swagger Liepard (ugh, I know) if it manages to get a Substitute up, and Dragons like SubDD Fraxure can be pretty big threats as well as they can set up with relative ease against the majority of your team. I think the best option to fix this is to use Piloswine over Golurk, as it can completely wall standard Regice, break Liepard's Subs with Icicle Spear, and check Dragons with Icicle Spear / Ice Shard. It also helps vs Skuntank because it laughs off its hits and OHKOes it with Earthquake, and still provides you with an SR setter and Volt Switch absorber.

Also agreeing with Brawl and scorp about the moveset changes for Mush and Mola, it makes them much more effective overall. Though you might not want to make the Primeape change since it makes you much weaker to Flying-types like SubBU Braviary, and Rotom is your only resist currently.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

I'm trying everything people suggest! the piloswine change seems good. I'm currently trying out primeape and then i see who i like the best

I'm sorry to do a second comment, but I agree so much with Dat Blast 's Piloswine change it isn't even funny. The threatlist to your team that it checks is perfect, and absolutely beats everything your team is troubled with.
  • Regice
  • Skuntank
  • Vileplume
  • SubBU Braviary
  • Swellow
  • Camerupt (Surprisingly it causes major trouble to your team bar Alomomola who is 2HKO by specs variants)
  • SubDD Fraxure
  • SubSplit and Scarf Rotom-F
The list goes on. Definitely do the change are you are a communist.

While I agree Raseri's theory of slapping a Musharna to make a team better, this team honestly doesn't benefit from it. Without spikes, this team would dread to face a decent stall team. This team would honestly appreciate a wall breaker in Zangoose to crush those pesky walls with the help of Trick rotom, taunt and wish passing.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash

While I agree Raseri's theory of slapping a Musharna to make a team better, this team honestly doesn't benefit from it. Without spikes, this team would dread to face a decent stall team. This team would honestly appreciate a wall breaker in Zangoose to crush those pesky walls with the help of Trick rotom, taunt and wish passing.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash
A stallcheck seems good. Actually, i have had some problems with spikes recently. However, this would leave me way to weak to fast fighting types and BU gurrdurr as rotom us my only resistant which is OHKO'ed by band sawk, so the stall check must be a fighting resist in that case. Thats Why im considering CM duosin which can check most stall teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)