Server instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware that the server has been going up and down all morning. There are a few things that might be responsible, but I'm afk this morning (typing this message from my phone), so I probably won't be able to fix it until this afternoon/evening.

I'll try to bring it back up whenever I see that it's gone down.

Sorry, folks.

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
brilliant...
i think it's your internet, we've had about 6 downages since you accidentally crashed the server by loading scripts
heaven knows what it is though

To be clear, this is (probably) not skarmpiss. This is one of two or three things that *I* did.

I'll let you know for sure tonight.

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wonderful
we've been stable for about 9 minutes now; usually it crashed after 5 or 6
i'll just wait till later

Okay: if what I suspect was wrong was what was actually wrong, it's now fixed.

Do PM me if the server goes back down (but, like, post here that you've PMmed me so I don't get 100 PMs).

Server is down until I can roll back some code changes this afternoon/evening.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

So pretty sure I was able to identify what went wrong (server's been up for a few hours now). It was something in some new scripts that hadn't been properly tested. I still can't believe that something like that in the scripts could have caused the server to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)