Shiny Pokemon Experiences

Ever found a shiny Pokemon

• Total voters

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well this officially takes the cake for my favorite Shiny Pokemon encounter. I'll let the picture speak for itself while I go and apply another round of anti-perspirant.

Chansey.JPG

(I plan on running a Lucky Punch set to take advantage of that awesome Nature, btw)

Well this officially takes the cake for my favorite Shiny Pokemon encounter. I'll let the picture speak for itself while I go and apply another round of anti-perspirant.

View attachment 85427

(I plan on running a Lucky Punch set to take advantage of that awesome Nature, btw)
Wow man I didn't encounter even 1 chansey in LeafGeen.

Anyway few weeks ago I was rushing to breed my team for a competition in Twitch. I was like not gonna make it until a shiny slowpoke appeared in my screen. I don't know it was a blessing because that is not masuda method or just a distraction from the PokeGods so I can miss the competition.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I welcome the opportunity to present the most recent shiny Pokémon that I obtained after soft-resetting roughly 4000 times during the last 5 days:

[#250 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Fenikkusu❞]
❝the Great Friend❞
Credits for the nickname go to Winters Zombie - Art © Inkblot (2018) ❝Fenikkusu❞

OT: Chris\64053 (Gold) ‹

IVs: 31/HT(30)/31/7/31/HT(23) - Adamant\Regenerator (⚲)
Ut: Sacred Fire, Detect, Curse, Defog
EV'd: Sacred Fire, Brave Bird, Recover, Curse
[104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe]

I caught this Pokémon with a Master Ball at the peak of the Tin Tower on my Pokémon Gold version for the Virtual Console.
Since ball types are not retained in Generation 1 and 2 games, its ball became a regular Pokéball after transferring it to Generation 7 via Poké Transport.
The Ho-Oh from the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver is also the only legal Ho-Oh that has access to the moves Curse and Detect (TM03 and TM43 in Pokémon Gold and Silver).
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots or Lua scripts) or glitches were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 22nd of September 2017 and I finally encountered the shiny Ho-Oh on the 26th of September 2017 at 8:01 p.m after soft-resetting for 5 days.
The odds of encountering a shiny Pokémon are 1/8192 in Generation 2 games.
This was the first manually soft-reset shiny Ho-Oh from the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver on Smogon.
I referred to this ❝Exp. Points ↔ Nature❞ table (courtesy of TheMantyke) to assure an Adamant nature for it.
On the 17th of January 2018 I figured that this Pokémon was still capable of improvement and I decided to re-train a UT copy of the Pokémon in question.
The reason behind this decision is that wanted to have a version with Curse.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master™ for this version on the 17th of January 2018.

Fenikkusu is the rōmaji transcription of フェニックス (Phoenix).
Credits for the nickname go to Winters Zombie.

If you wish to see proof in the form of screenshots, please click on the following links:
_________________________________________​

Last edited:

Tomy

I COULD BE BANNED!
I'm an avid Nuzlocke player, and I actually found some Shinies. Of the top of my head:

LeafGreen: A Rattata, the first wild Pokémon of the game. Problem - as you may have guessed, I had no Pokéballs.
SS: A Geodude which used Selfdestruct (lolfail), Hoothoot, Smogo
Pearl: Zubat, Roselia
Black: Swadloon
Moon: Cubone

The Ho-Oh from the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver, released on the 22nd of September 2017, is the only legal Ho-Oh that can simultaneously be shiny and have its Hidden Ability.
[/hide]
Wait, they come with their Hidden Ability?!

Okay, now I need to get the Virtual Console of at least one of them (on the next day I have off)!

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
While soft resetting my Pokemon Soul Silver for a Chikorita with the nature I wanted, I actually got a Shiny Chikorita. Was even a decent nature.

..but I guess I couldn't have the sweet without the sour. Went into the Route 29 (?) grass on the way to Cherrygrove Town, Shiny Sentret without pokeballs in one of the very final patches of grass before reaching the city.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I welcome the opportunity to proudly announce that the shiny legendary cover duo is henceforth complete! This one took me only 1 day of soft-resetting.

[#249 - Max. Optimizer's ❝Tsunami❞]
❝the Great Friend❞
Art © Inkblot (2018) ❝Tsunami❞

OT: Chris\64053 (Gold) ‹

IVs: HT(13)/31/31/HT(23)/31/HT(11) - Bold\Multiscale (⚲)
Ut: Aeroblast, Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Defog
EV'd: Substitute, Toxic, Whirlwind, Roost
[248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe]

I caught this Pokémon with an Ultra Ball in the depths of the Whirl Islands on my Pokémon Gold version for the Virtual Console.
Since ball types are not retained in Generation 1 and 2 games, its ball became a regular Pokéball after transferring it to Generation 7 via Poké Transport.
This Pokémon was soft-reset manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots or Lua scripts) or glitches were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 3rd of October 2017 and I finally encountered the shiny Lugia on the 4th of October 2017 at 1:14 a.m after soft-resetting for only 1 day.
I referred to this ❝Exp. Points ↔ Nature❞ table (courtesy of TheMantyke) to assure a Bold nature for it.
I finished the Alola Ribbon Master™ on the 21st of November 2017.

A tsunami (from Japanese: 津波, ❝harbor wave❞; English pronunciation: /tsuːˈnɑːmi/ tsoo-NAH-mee) or tidal wave, also known as a seismic sea wave, is a series of waves in a water body caused by the displacement of a large volume of water, generally in an ocean or a large lake. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and other underwater explosions (including detonations of underwater nuclear devices), landslides, glacier calvings, meteorite impacts, and other disturbances above or below water all have the potential to generate a tsunami.

If you wish to see proof in the form of screenshots, please click on the following links:
_________________________________________​

Last edited:
I welcome the opportunity to proudly announce that the shiny legendary cover duo is henceforth complete! This one took me only 1 day of soft-resetting.

{#249 - Max. Optimizer's Tsunami}

IVs: ?/?/?/?/?/? - Bold\Multiscale (Ø) - Chris\64053 ‹

Ev'd: Substitute, Toxic, Whirlwind, Roost
[248 HP / 168 Def / 94 Spe]
I caught this Pokémon with an Ultra Ball in the depths of the Whirl Islands on my Pokémon Gold version for the Virtual Console.
The Lugia from the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver is the only legal Lugia that can simultaneously be shiny and have its Hidden Ability.
This Pokémon was soft-resetted manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots or Lua scripts) or glitches were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 3rd of October 2017 and I finally encountered the shiny Lugia on the 4th of October 2017 after soft-resetting for only 1 day.
I referred to this "Exp. Points ↔ Nature" table (courtesy of TheMantyke) to assure a Bold nature for it.

A tsunami (from Japanese: 津波, "harbour wave"; English pronunciation: /tsuːˈnɑːmi/ tsoo-NAH-mee) or tidal wave, also known as a seismic sea wave, is a series of waves in a water body caused by the displacement of a large volume of water, generally in an ocean or a large lake. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and other underwater explosions (including detonations of underwater nuclear devices), landslides, glacier calvings, meteorite impacts and other disturbances above or below water all have the potential to generate a tsunami.

You even got the strawberry bird/dragon thing?! All Strawberry-flavored Lugia craves me strawberry ice cream.

{#249 - Max. Optimizer's Tsunami}

IVs: ?/?/?/?/?/? - Bold\Multiscale (Ø) - Chris\64053 ‹

Ev'd: Substitute, Toxic, Whirlwind, Roost
[248 HP / 168 Def / 94 Spe]
The Lugia from the Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Gold and Silver is the only legal Lugia that can simultaneously be shiny and have its Hidden Ability.
This Pokémon was soft-resetted manually: this means that no tools (such as e.g. PKMN-NTR bots or Lua scripts) or glitches were involved in the hunt for this Pokémon.
I started soft-resetting on the 3rd of October 2017 and I finally encountered the shiny Lugia on the 4th of October 2017 after soft-resetting for only 1 day.
I referred to this "Exp. Points ↔ Nature" table (courtesy of TheMantyke) to assure a Bold nature for it.

A tsunami (from Japanese: 津波, "harbour wave"; English pronunciation: /tsuːˈnɑːmi/ tsoo-NAH-mee) or tidal wave, also known as a seismic sea wave, is a series of waves in a water body caused by the displacement of a large volume of water, generally in an ocean or a large lake. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and other underwater explosions (including detonations of underwater nuclear devices), landslides, glacier calvings, meteorite impacts and other disturbances above or below water all have the potential to generate a tsunami.

Wow, congratulations on getting it so quickly.

(And why did Lugia's Gold sprite always looked to me like it wanted to give a hug?)

My first shiny I killed. I was maybe 7 or 8 playing heart gold soul silver (can't remeber witch one) when I ran across a green machoke. I figured it was a glitch and killed it. Let's just say I trew my do and didn't play for a while when I found out the truth. The first shiny I caught was in black and white 2. I was training some Pokemon when I found a shiny pidove. My 3rd and final shiny was in a rom hack called ash grey. I WAS SO LUCKY I HAD 3 poke balls and almost killed myself cause I was nervous when I found that blue nose digglet

Well, in 6th Gen I use to breed a lot using the TSV, then I got tired and Pokèmon in general wasn't one of my priorities anymore. This sayd, I got the shiny Charm as soon as the Bank was out, and until now these are the shinies that got randomly (hordes, encounters, friend safari... Never with the Masuda): Nidoran♀, Ditto x 2, Swablu, Lillipup, Mienfoo, Scraggy, Gligar x 2, Stunfisk, Solosis, Smeargle and Foongus, all of them caught in Y.
In OR I was luckier with the soft-resetting, since I got shiny Latias from the Eon Ticket and, recently, Ho-oh. At the moment I'm resetting for Regice, but nothing. As random encounter I think I just got a shiny Swablu.
In Moon I randomly encountered a shiny Yungoos and then a Shiny Lilligant but nothing else, although I haven't play as much as I played Y.
By the way, fun fact about yesterday: I was shiny hunting in the hordes in Y for a shiny Murkrow. After a while, I sayd to my boyfriend "I'm telling you, with my luck I'm gonna get a shiny that I don't want"... Two seconds after, encounter with the shiny Foongus. It was such a weird feeling because it's still a shiny but I really didn't want it.
EDIT: Shortly after I posted this I found a shiny Murkrow!

Last edited:
I don't think I could have the willpower to softreset for a shiny, don't know how you all do it.

My first shiny was a poochyena that I caught and never evolved as I thought that would stop it being a different colour, then an Oddish which I didn't realise what the difference was all I new it had the shiny animation.

Then in sun and moon I found a shiny finneon and pikipek. Don't like shiny pikipek tbh.

I don't think I could have the willpower to softreset for a shiny, don't know how you all do it.
It can be very frustrating, trust me! Indeed most of the times I just change Legendary or I do something else in-game; another trick is softresetting while doing something else, like watching videos or movies, even though you need to be careful, especially if the shiny form is similar to the original one.
Btw, quick update: just got a shiny Regice! I was trying to catch it in Luxury Ball but then I got tired and I used the Master Ball. Apparently, I can't go and reset the legendary beasts straight away, so I'll wait until tomorrow... Meanwhile, I'm trying to get a shiny fairy from a Friend Safary in Y.

Now that I have completed Silver for the most part (the only thing missing are the legendaries and overall Dex filling) I received three shinys in the game. I got two shiny Abras in Goldenrod Game Corner by simply softreseting. I wasn't looking for a shiny Abra, just one with good IV's. I got the first shiny pretty soon after I started softreseting, so I saved of course and then decided to continue a little bit more to get one (non-shiny) with good IV's. After about 30 minutes or so I got another shiny Abra. I ended up taking the second one to my ingame team, as I had never previously had a shiny Pokemon in an ingame team. Later in the game while I was in Kanto I encountered and caught a shiny Hoppip while I was finding a Lucky Egg on Route 15.

So in my Pokemon Y game, while breeding Egg Moves for a Larvitar I managed to hatch a random shiny Larvitar. Unfortunately it doesn't have the right nature, but hey, free shiny :)

I was just SOS chaining in US and had a pretty crazy experience. I was over a chain of 40 (probably in the 70s or 80s) looking for a Blissey with a lucky egg. I figured I was close to shiny territory and sure enough a shiny Blissey showed up. I only had one lucky egg at this point and expect to use this spot a lot for raising young Pokémon so I actually KO’d the Blissey. My original Chansey calls for help and the very next Pokémon is a shiny Chansey. Unreal for a shiny hunter like me. I didn’t tempt fate and caught the shiny Chansey. Pretty cool experience.

I was just SOS chaining in US and had a pretty crazy experience. I was over a chain of 40 (probably in the 70s or 80s) looking for a Blissey with a lucky egg. I figured I was close to shiny territory and sure enough a shiny Blissey showed up. I only had one lucky egg at this point and expect to use this spot a lot for raising young Pokémon so I actually KO’d the Blissey. My original Chansey calls for help and the very next Pokémon is a shiny Chansey. Unreal for a shiny hunter like me. I didn’t tempt fate and caught the shiny Chansey. Pretty cool experience.
haha I wish I got a shiny blissey or Chansey when I was looking for lucky eggs, I did get two shiny swellow through the portals, kinda wish either of them was altaria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)