Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

How viable is adamant E-killer? SRing for the event one atm and wondering if it has any merit over Jolly

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
...mostly on bulkier, slow sets which imo in current meta are used less often than they should b (recover silk scarf ekiller anyone? Shoutouts to my man DracoMaster hyw)

dont take my word for it since i don't play ORAS much but I just hope this post was at least a bit helpful HeraChris

pls use recover ekiller lads
its good trust me! (and so is Wallceus)

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw
What ev spread should I use for my VGC16 special P. Groudon?

Eruption
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Protect

I mean it can't be as simple as

252 Sp.A
4 Sp.D
252+ Spd

...Right?

Can anyone tell me what 32 speed does for this set?

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 244 HP / 232 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Cynara

Banned deucer.
Can anyone tell me what 32 speed does for this set?

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 244 HP / 232 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
Nothing worth mentioning, apart from random speed creep or I guess 100 Speed Evs Primal Groudon unboosted (minimum creep required to outspeed standard Adamant Salamence-Mega after one dragon dance with a Rock Polish boost, but apart from this nothing)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
I understand that Wobbufet is pretty good when played properly, but when does one actually consider using this Pokemon on a team? Is it tossed on a filler or do you use it in specific scenarios when you've added a core it excelled with?

I understand that Wobbufet is pretty good when played properly, but when does one actually consider using this Pokemon on a team? Is it tossed on a filler or do you use it in specific scenarios when you've added a core it excelled with?
wobbuffet is very dangerous when paired with setup sweepers, which can literally set up unimpeded on shit like mewtwo w/o tauntand proceed to fuck up you're opponent's team, or at least bust a huge hole. That being said, I don't think you'd use Wobbuffet on balance, especially if say, you only have one wincon, like DD mence, support klefki, waterceus, (basically standard balance). So yea, I would say it's team specific.

basically ho

Last edited:
What would be good hazard removal support for an offensive team attempting to utilize CB Ho-oh and DD Rayquaza in ORAS? I want something that feels more offensive compared to Arceus-Water and I don't want to only have Latios for the role.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
Going for the classic 'magic sun' archetype aka using Magic Bounce+defogger is definitely a good option for HoohRay, you can even make your Diancie a lil more speedy and run a CM set on it - just be aware it won't last long trying to bounce hazards if it has no bulk since even neutral moves do a lot

tl;dr

Mega Diancie paired with your Latios seems like the best option, everyone can vouch for magic sun's viability

So I finally was able to add the Arceus code, and I was always wondering which Arcues is the best that is not E-speed Killer. I am looking at my options of multiple uses for this Arceus, help please?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
ViperGold42 Jolly will probably be the best nature due to its likely hood of translating to gen 7 better than the more defensive natures. E-killer, SD Ghostceus, and SD Groundceus all use this and E-killer is the Arceus forme most likely see the mose competitive use in SuMo imo.

Alternatively, Bold is probably the second best because it is the nature of choice on Waterceus, Dragonceus, and support Groundceus at the moment. These could translate a bit differently thouhg depending on what unseen things SuMo brings to the table and what might happen to the ubers tier if any kind of philosophy changes.

Timid is seen on the rare CM Ghostceus, Rockceus, and Fairyceus.

Hopefully these options make the decision easier.

ViperGold42 Jolly will probably be the best nature due to its likely hood of translating to gen 7 better than the more defensive natures. E-killer, SD Ghostceus, and SD Groundceus all use this and E-killer is the Arceus forme most likely see the mose competitive use in SuMo imo.

Alternatively, Bold is probably the second best because it is the nature of choice on Waterceus, Dragonceus, and support Groundceus at the moment. These could translate a bit differently thouhg depending on what unseen things SuMo brings to the table and what might happen to the ubers tier if any kind of philosophy changes.

Timid is seen on the rare CM Ghostceus, Rockceus, and Fairyceus.

Hopefully these options make the decision easier.
Ghost Arceus is better balling and always wins me games. What sucks is that the Code Arceus doesnt have Shadow Force so I guess you can teach it E-speed, Shadow Claw, Brick Break and Swords Dance?

First and foremost, hello everyone, i'm new here, even though i've been reading on this useful website a lot. I'm working hard on my Über team (playing it with my OR cartridge, not showdown, but will probably switch to showdown since finding opponents is easier). I've read quite a few posts about rules, but there are so much of them that it is quite overwhelming. Thus i'm not sure i have not missed something important. I know there is a RMT thread somewhere, but i didn't find it, and i would have loved if some experts of the format take some time to help me improve it a bit further.

Thanks for the help !

First and foremost, hello everyone, i'm new here, even though i've been reading on this useful website a lot. I'm working hard on my Über team (playing it with my OR cartridge, not showdown, but will probably switch to showdown since finding opponents is easier). I've read quite a few posts about rules, but there are so much of them that it is quite overwhelming. Thus i'm not sure i have not missed something important. I know there is a RMT thread somewhere, but i didn't find it, and i would have loved if some experts of the format take some time to help me improve it a bit further.

Thanks for the help !
This thread has all of the battle clauses used in ORAS Ubers: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rules-general-information-and-helpful-links.3536522/

As for the RMT subforum for Ubers teams, you can find it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/oras-other-teams.292/
They have particular rules about what needs to be in RMTs, which can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-resources-required-reading.3534875/

Lastly, welcome to Smogon!

This thread has all of the battle clauses used in ORAS Ubers: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rules-general-information-and-helpful-links.3536522/

As for the RMT subforum for Ubers teams, you can find it here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/oras-other-teams.292/
They have particular rules about what needs to be in RMTs, which can be found here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-resources-required-reading.3534875/

Lastly, welcome to Smogon!
Thanks a lot !

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Wanted to build a Gothitelle team, is it possible in this current meta? cause Ik more Arceus formes opt for offensive rather than support now a days

Is Mild Yveltal viable? I'm trying to catch a perfect IV one on my Y save file, but I only have a Mild Synchronize Ralts, not a Rash one.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Magcargo,
It can be used, but its not ideal imo just because of rare cases where support Primal Groudon uses Stone Edge with Stealth Rock already up (which is already an odd scenario as you usually try to bring in Yveltal in on Groudon before it gets up SR). Other niche cases regarding physical revenge killers (mostly E-Killer) may show up but it is very unlikely.

Alternatively, I have a Rash Ralts to give away if you want it. Leave me a vm if you're interested.

hey guys i have a slot on my team which ill probably have latios fill since it checks p-groundon and others shit. however, im not sure whether to use the calm mind set or just an all out attacking one. what function does each set have and is there a superior one?

Wanted to build a Gothitelle team, is it possible in this current meta? cause Ik more Arceus formes opt for offensive rather than support now a days
No and use Wobbufet instead. They have basically the same role right now but Wobb can do more.

Goth instagibs supp arc but loses to most of offense due to inherent ekiller weakness(as you noticed). Wobb has the advantage of abusing encore to force your opponent to choose their fate: give up a turn or get mirror moved. And, that instant gain of 1 free turn is one of the strongest tool that you can use against offense. Also, Wobb can trap Xerneas and beat it 1v1.

So why is "blaziken" banned to ubers and not just "speed boost blaziken". Can't I just run a non hidden ability blaziken in OU?

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
So why is "blaziken" banned to ubers and not just "speed boost blaziken". Can't I just run a non hidden ability blaziken in OU?
you could effectively allow anything in any tier with enough restrictions on its moveset, abiilty, etc through a complex ban to the point where its just ridiculous. To avoid getting overly complicated, smogon avoids complex bans wherever possible. speed boost cant just be banned, because other pokemon with it like yanmega and sharpedo are not broken with that ability. blaziken ended up being the ban to minimize collateral damage and fix the issue with speed boost blaziken being broken (idk if im wording this well sorry)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)