Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the Red and Blue Orb, as well as other Mega Stones for Pokémon non in Alola's Regional Pokédex, be found in the game?
Yes, they can be found bought rather. You can buy these items at the antiques of the ages ( I think that's what its called ) in Melemele island at the mall. Hope I helped

What's everyone's opinion on Jolly vs Adamant on Solgaleo? I know the speed tier of the meta is generally slow and Adamant gives it a pretty sizable power boost, but I still like the idea of Jolly outpacing any form of the Primals as well as max speed Rayquaza before it can V-Create you.
So I saw you comment on Jolly vs Adamant and I prefer adamant to jolly on solgaleo mainly because its pretty tanky and I feel like with the right IVs and EVs, it can tank some hits to set up an attack boost. Though if you were to go with adamant I would recommend leftovers to heal up the damage taken. So yeah that's my opinion

Why is Blaziken still banned? I can understand Mega but normal? It's outclassed by a lot of Pokémon now, no point in using. It's frail so Life Orb will only last it 2-3 turns at best.
HA blaziken has speed boost, and it can learn baton pass. So with a few protects and a focus sash you could possibly transfer all of that speed to a sheer force feraligatr with life orb. Hope I helped

I wonder if the meta is still more physically oriented like in ORAS, or has changed to specially oriented like Gen 1-5? Or is it still too early to tell?
The meta is pretty well balanced as of now with solgaleo being mainly a physical and lunala being mainly a special attacker. The tapus are pretty balanced too with tapu bulu and koko being physical attackers and tapu lele and tapu fini being special attackers. So I think its too early to tell. Hope I helped

On a Psychic Terrain team, should Deoxys-A run Extreme Speed or can it be replaced with another coverage move? It's been tough choosing between Ice Beam to handle Yveltal or Knock-Off to handle bulky Psychic-types like Solgaleo and Lunala. Psycho Boost already OHKOs most Dragon and Flying-types under the terrain boost, so it seems Ice Beam is solely for Yveltal. I assume that Psychic Terrain will be up most of the battle, which would render priority useless most of the time.

Thanks in advance!
I would recommend E-Speed as with Deoxys-A 's MASSIVE attack, it can dish a load of damage, even to yveltals if you don't want to switch out
Hope I could help

What changed for Mega Blaziken this generation? Last gen it sat in D rank but now it's B+. What happened?
It'll most likely be placed lower pretty soon cause it gets killed easily with or without hazards. Plus there are mons below it that are much more useful than mega blaziken especially since baton pass got banned.

HA blaziken has speed boost, and it can learn baton pass. So with a few protects and a focus sash you could possibly transfer all of that speed to a sheer force feraligatr with life orb. Hope I helped
Except baton pass is banned so that has no impact on Blaziken's status in OU/Lower tiers. However, Speed Boost alone makes Blaziken an amazingly strong cleaner with great offensive stats, allowing it to go mixed or fully physical/special. Plus, Smogon is against complex bans from what I know so Blaziken will likely be banned to Ubers for the foreseeable future solely because of speed boost.

Hello, fellow forum members.

I have a quick, but important question, regarding my first-ever competitive Uber Team.

I was nearly done capturing and training all of the legendaries needed for my team, when I noticed that one of my key players, Ho-oh (adamant), had a different ability from the highly recommended one that's incredibly difficult to get: Regenerator. My Ho-oh has Pressure, and there's no way for me to change it, it seems. So is it viable to play this version that I currently have, or should I find a replacement for the bulky, physical attacker position?

Thank you very much!

Ho-oh without Regenerator isn't really viable -- at least, it makes Ho-oh quite a lot worse.

That said, VC Gold and Silver are coming soon and if it works like Red and Blue do, you'll be able to get Adamant Regenerator Ho-oh in those games pretty easily.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Hello, fellow forum members.

I have a quick, but important question, regarding my first-ever competitive Uber Team.

I was nearly done capturing and training all of the legendaries needed for my team, when I noticed that one of my key players, Ho-oh (adamant), had a different ability from the highly recommended one that's incredibly difficult to get: Regenerator. My Ho-oh has Pressure, and there's no way for me to change it, it seems. So is it viable to play this version that I currently have, or should I find a replacement for the bulky, physical attacker position?

Thank you very much!
If you need a "bulky, physical attacker" than you should use Primal Groudon.

Is Marshadow out yet? If it is, does it have a niche in Ubers (I don't think it will last in OU for long). Base 125 speed is great, ghost/fighting is perfect coverage, but does it have what it takes to thrive in ubers?
1) nope

2) it's quote similar to mega lucario though. strong, frail sweeper with excellent STABs. we still don't know how it would fare though

Quick question before I complete my team: Is Jirachi still viable at all in Uber? I saw in some older Smogon lists that Jirachi was used as a Fairy counter and Cleric role.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Quick question before I complete my team: Is Jirachi still viable at all in Uber? I saw in some older Smogon lists that Jirachi was used as a Fairy counter and Cleric role.
No. 100/100/100 bulk is not that good anymore, it has to rely on Wish for recovery, it's passive af and Psychic/Steel isn't the best defensive typing - magearna's fairy steel tends to be better, as it Celesteela. There are better ways to use the steel slot. It also doesn't do too well vs Xerneas, which steels NEED to be able to check. There are more reasons but off the top of my head that's what I know.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know that you cannot post on Sample Teams a teams that already was RMTed, but can I do the contrary? Like, can I submit a team to Sample Teams, and if it gets rejected, post it on RMT?

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know that you cannot post on Sample Teams a teams that already was RMTed, but can I do the contrary? Like, can I submit a team to Sample Teams, and if it gets rejected, post it on RMT?
I think you have misunderstood the team submission guidelines. You cannot post a team that was RMTed by a previous user. As for RMTing a team that gets rejected from Sample Teams, I don't see any reason as to why you won't be allowed as long as it's your team.
Answer to the question below:Yes.

Last edited:

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think you have misunderstood the team submission guidelines. You cannot post a team that was RMTed by a previous user. As for RMTing a team that gets rejected from Sample Teams, I don't see any reason as to why you won't be allowed as long as it's your team
so, as long as the team is made by myself, there's no problem on submiting to Sample Teams even if it's already RMTed, right?

Pokemon Showdown, I don't know about other formats, in SM Doubles Ubers why is it allowed to hold the same items in a party?
I think it's not good when you want to practice for real battles.

I want to suggest a rule change.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown, I don't know about other formats, in SM Doubles Ubers why is it allowed to hold the same items in a party?

Smogon formats and VGC are different formats and thus have different rules. The real battles you mean are played in the VGC format, which you can also play on Pokemon Showdown by selecting it while searching for battle. Smogon's Doubles Ubers allows multiple of the same item, while VGC obviously does not

If you want to practise for official nintendo formats that use the item clause, you can play on the VCG 2017 or Battle Spot Doubles ladders on Pokemon Showdown. Smogon Doubles is a different format that does away with the arbitrary nintendo banlists in favour of Smogon's own set of restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)