Sixth Gen Letters Approval and Index

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
If you are looking to write a Letter, please post here with your idea. Either Oglemi or Jellicent will approve, tweak, or reject the concept. Be sure to specify whether the letter pertains to a certain metagame or is general. If approved, please post here when your letter is ready for upload.

Remember, Letters are meant to be short and sweet little guides to particular aspects of the metagames or in-game. If you feel you're creating an intense and deep guide you should post in the articles index and prepare yourself in that fashion.

The reason for the distinction between Letters and Articles is that Letters will be featured on our Hubs, while the Articles are linked onsite via the Dex and In-game section.

I'd like to write a simple letter on clerics in all metagames except ubers after pokebank comes out; just mostly how their role fits into various team archetypes, what the better choices are, etc. Just so people new to the game can get an idea of why they might need one and what their options are.
It's not a particularly complex concept but i feel that it'd be appropriate for a letter.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I could work with you and add the ubers section in..

I play ubers stall and know all about them.

(I daresay I won't have too much to write)

Just pm me when you want me to start writing.

Last edited:

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jellicent approved my idea of compiling which Pokémon can transfer which of the special balls from gen. 3, 4, and 5 to their offspring into a letter, to go with the other breeding articles/letters (wherever you wanna put it). It should be done pretty soon.

Last edited:
I have been doing some math to answer two questions: if a Pokemon is being attacked by a Physical/Special move, whether it is a better investment to put EVs in HP or in Defense/Special Defense in order to maximize either: total HP remaining after the attack; or the percentage of HP remaining after the attack. In shorter words: if I wish to choose only one branch to invest in, should I invest EVs in (Sp.) Defense or HP in a given situation? The proof is complete, as it is; I don't know whether this would be something Smogon would be interested in or not.

Honestly, this can be a letter or an article, depending on how much of the mathematical proof you all want shown beside the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)