Sketchmons ORAS - Diggersby and Shell Smash Banned!

On a separate team: give pidgeot a hurricane, focus blast, tail glow, roost

Pidgeot has speed and accuracy. All it needs is some power. Roost is not so much to heal but to remove weaknesses.

I.e. You roost before you are hit with ice beam
Well, you can only sketch Focus Blast or Tail Glow. I'd probably do Tail Glow between the two since Pidgeot learns Heat Wave already for Steel types. It just needs something for Rock...or being able to power its way through them with +3 Hurricanes or something like that.

A little update but I've fixed the broken sprites in Viability Rankings.

And also I've removed the sample teams with Diggersby and Shell Smash in it (sorry but I have to because it's banned).

Belly Drum should be Banned.
Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Belly Drum
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Turn 1-Uses Belly Drum.
Turn 2-Destroys

Also,
A potentially Useful Staller.
Bibarel @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 248 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Rest
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam

My mistake, HP Ground could replace Roost since it isn't very durable anyway.

Hurricane
Heat wave
HP Ground
Tail Glow
I would run Ominous Wind, as The only pokemon you couldn't hit for normal damage would be tyranitar, and you get a chance of HAX.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Chopin seemed like the scribble I did in the OMotM nomination thread so I decided to improve upon the concept slightly and make it like a banner because imas said the current one was ugly.
i better start my own art thread soon :0

Thanks Akumeoy for making the background transparent, since the white background differed with Smogon's white colour.

Belly Drum should be Banned.
Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Belly Drum
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Turn 1-Uses Belly Drum.
Turn 2-Destroys
If you were using Belly Drum, why wouldn't you go for a faster Pokémon that can force things out and not act as fodder against any special attacker. It's way too slow to act as an effective Belly Drum sweeper, and its defensive typing is terrible. Why not try something like Scizor? It has effective priority in STAB Technician Bullet Punch and can still recover health back if need be. Also it isn't weak to every Pokémon in the metagame :1

Last edited:
Since TI asked me to revive this thread, and this month will possibly be the last OMotM for this gen, I'll start discussion for new gen 7 moves that we've known so far.

Sunsteel Strike - Steel: An auto Moldy that's mossibly Physical (Solgaleo ascends and strike with it's body).

Moongeist Beam - Ghost: Same effect as Sunsteel Strike but Special

Nature Madness - Fairy: A Fairy type super Fang

Core Enforcer - Dragon: If the Pokémon it hits has already moved this turn, the Pokémon's Ability is removed.

Fleur Cannon - Fairy: Draco Meteor clone.

Shell Trap - Fire: Sets a trap whereby if the user is hit by a Physical attack, the attacker is hit by an explosion that deals much greater damage.

Solar Blade - Grass: Physical Solar Beam.

Thousand Arrows - Ground: Hits Pokémon in the air and knocks them to the ground.

Thousand Waves - Ground: Prevents Pokémon from fleeing.

What do you guys think the new moves will impact the meta?

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
It's a very interesting question.

Here's my thoughts.
Thousand Arrows will probably be very threatening, but not as much as it was in Balanced Hackmons.
Thousand Waves seems very nice. But metagames like Trademarked will probably have better use of this move.
Solar Blade... Not sure about that.
Shell Trap may be either useless or good, depending of the BP of the move.
Fleur Cannon seems very good, and may be a more interesting than Light of Ruin.
Core Enforcer seems nice, wait and see.
Nature Madness... a little niche... maybe.
Sunsteel Strike seems not bad.
Moongeist Beam will be awesome for coverage, goodbye Shadow Ball.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
i know its not confirmed yet, and straying from the topic, but i think regardless of stats, mimikyu will appriciate having any form of setup due to its substitute-like-ability. making shift gear/quiver dance(based on bst) perhaps a "must have" on it. and will be a dangerous stallbreaker. especially if it gets substitut- wait. if...hold on, i need to go on the gen 7 discussion for that topic. otherwise yeah, tarrows will be a must on most teams. perhaps one of the best moves in the game.

I've said this in Gen 7 Discussion and Super Effective mons, but I think it bears repeating: Dragon types are going to get a huge buff in Gen 7 in metagames that give new moves. Core Enforcer and Dragon Hammer will give them strong STABs without the drawbacks of Outrage and Draco Meteor - I don't think they'll be as powerful, but I'll happily take a 20 BP drop if it means I'm not locked in or forced out. Special Ghost types will also finally get a good STAB in Moongeist Beam - even if it is no stronger than Shadow Ball, it has a much better secondary effect.

Double post, but it's an update based on the datamining so far.

New moves:

Psychic Terrain - Boosts Psychic moves, prevents grounded mon from getting hit by priority moves. Wow, Gamefreak must really regret making Talonflame. Not only we got TWO abilities for this, we also got a move to prevent priority.

Aurora Veil - Doubles Defense and Special Defense for 5 turns. This is going to be annoying. An INSTANT Reflect + Light Screen in one move? That's just... wow. I can see this can be annoying in something like Klefki or Cresselia.

Throat Chop - Prevents opponent from using sound based moves. RIP in pepperoni Boomburst Sylveon, Mega Gardevoir, Porygon-Z, Aurorus, Mega Glalie and any new -ate mons if there's anything new. Don't worry guys. We still have Techno Blast.

Laser Focus - Always Critical hit

Water Shuriken - Becomes Special. I can see Keldeo, Mega Blastoise, Volcanion as the new abuser of this. It seems cool, but well, we have tons of priority blocker now, so maybe it's less cooler than we thought.

I really don't see why Water Shuriken should become special.
Psychic terrain is nice :P Aurora Veil is really good. I think taht only works for the user obv, but yeah. Damn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)