Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

SiTuM

j'ai du faire un mauvais rêve
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why isnt there fire fang mawile lol

Voting for kyub koko because kyub 6-0 that team and mamoswine zone because mamo is not very seen but it's still very good and it needs more usage

Bulu + Diancie = Genuinely a scary core to face that can break through much of the meta if you dant have Bulky steel or Scarf Lele Handy. This team only has ferrothorn who lacks reliable recovery to check them consitently. Everything else this team can do against them is to shaky so there always one mis-prediction from getting annihilated

Volcarona = The Team really only has rocks + Toxic Clef to prevent Volcarona just setting up and winning and constantly be on the guard for surprise Double switchs. 1 turn of set up pretty much kills this team

Apoligizes for the late start this week, Work and other things are eating my time lol. Anyway Voting is over for the week. Congradulations to Ramses for Winning with his Tapu Koko + Kyurem Core

Vote Count
Kyurem B + Tapu Koko = 4
Tapu Bulu + Mega Diancie = 3
Volcarona = 2
Mamoswine + Magnezone = 1

This week we've decided to break a Mega Diancie (Best mega) team from the OU Team building thread built by Eclipse . Mega Diancie has proven in a very short time to be a potent Pokemon changing the meta around her and she pairs very well with Koko who has been causing all kinds of headaches for team builders as of late. I quite like this team myself and have used it abit on the ladder so take that as you will

Sets
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nature Power

Tapu Koko @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 88 Atk / 200 SpA / 220 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Explanation:
I haven't seen any team feature the core of Diancie+Koko yet, which is suprising as I feel that it is one of Diancie's very best partners for breaking past CelePex due to Nature Power. Standard 4 Attacks Diancie paired up with Supersonic Skystrike Koko which is a fire set which I wanted to use to break past Venusaur, thereby fucking CeleVenuPex even further. Don't mind the fucked up EVs, theyre designed to give me the most reliable chance of OHKOing defensive Venusaur after Tbolt and Rocks damage. Next up is fast Rocks Mew with Volt Switch + Ice Beam (one of my favorite combos on Mew nowadays). Ash Gren appreciates the assistance Diancie+Koko give them in terms of dealing with annoying shit like CeleVenuPex and is the team's main cleaner. Band Zygarde helps alleviate matchup issues with stall, and finally a random Celesteela cause no ground resist = x. Also it's the team's mandatory water resist, cause who needs those. Team gets fucked hard by Ash Gren but that mon's broken so lul.

Good-luck everybody this week. Without using the obvious Ash greninja you can break this team with 1 mon or a core of 2

Reserving Koko + Kyurem-B

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Last weeks winning core is back, and it also crushes this team. Zygarde is the only Koko "answer" (zyg isn't a good answer imo), and all Koko needs to do is click Gleam to kill it, and the rest of the team gets merked by tbolt. Kyurem basically gets a kill when it can safely fire of a Subzero Slammer. Ill elaborate more and add calcs later, I'm in a rush but I just wanted to put this out there.

Last edited:
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey walls most of the team, and by and large, the team lacks disruptive options to put it in range of KOs -- A-Gren's Spikes and Celesteela's Leech Seed, and that's it. The team can pivot around with U-Turn and Ice Beam, but if Mew and Koko want to use any other move, they risk losing momentum and letting Chansey set up Rocks, heal up, or get off chip damage.

4 Atk Diancie-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 216-255 (30.7 - 36.2%) -- 54.5% chance to 3HKO
200 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Electric Terrain: 109-130 (15.5 - 18.4%) -- possible 6HKO
0 SpA Mew Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 41-49 (5.8 - 6.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 145-172 (20.6 - 24.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 193-228 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 267-315 (37.9 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 357-420 (50.7 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 172-204 (24.4 - 29%) -- 98.5% chance to 3HKO after Leech Seed damage

Chansey Seismic Toss vs. 252 HP Celesteela: 100-100 (25.1 - 25.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever

To really break this team, Chansey needs:
  1. Something to answer Zygarde, whose Outrage 2HKOs. Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, defensive Landorus-T, and Tangrowth are all options for either walling or pivoting; anything with Protect can scout the move it's locked into, making it harder to use (also Chansey walls everything except Outrage).
  2. Something to answer Celesteela, which can stall Chansey out with Leech Seed. Zapdos and Mantine are obvious options that also have good type synergy with Chansey and provide hazard removal. Lures with Electric or Fire coverage, like Firium Z Garchomp or Thunderbolt Tapu Lele, will also serve this role. Substitute users that can take its attacks, such as Zygarde and Vincune, can set up on it.
  3. Hazard removal. Zapdos, Mantine, and Skarmory are classic options for Chansey teams, and have the benefits of Spikes immunity. Skarmory also threatens Zygarde with Counter if it doesn't switch in on Thousand Arrows. Mega Scizor can also wall Zygarde.
Basically, the best options are Zapdos, Mantine, Mega Scizor, and Vincune, and there's a plethora of other options that can be used in tandem.

Last edited:
Reserving Zard X

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 224 Atk / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade

This core eats this teams ass, charizard's evs are to outspeed ash gren at +1 forcing it to shuriken
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 192-228 (58.5 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With this ur able to setup on koko/mew(if rocks arent on)/celesteela. Decidueye is a defogger that pressures mew seeing as it isnt will-o-wisp also can grab momentum into zard x.

Last edited:
Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fleur Cannon

It can just setup and win, it can setup in front of everything bar Zygarde (that is destroyed by Fleur Cannon)

Sp.Def Gastro + Defensive (Leftovers) Lando-T

This core checks/counters the entire team. Gastrodon stops Diancie, Gren, Mew and doesn't really care about Celesteela, especially after it got burned or used up all its Leech Seeds. Koko's SSSS does 63% max to it and BB does 40% on a max roll, so after the Z-move has been used and you recovered, or simply after Koko got Intimidated, Koko also gets walled by Gastro. Lando puts Zygarde in check through Intimidate and HP Ice/Toxic and Gastro can heal off any damage from -1 TArrows. Leftovers on Lando are necessary to repeatedly switch into it.
88 Atk Tapu Koko Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 226-267 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

88 Atk Tapu Koko Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 143-169 (33.5 - 39.6%) -- 23.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Or even max Atk. Koko:
252 Atk Tapu Koko Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 259-305 (60.7 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Tapu Koko Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 164-193 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gastrodon: 183-216 (42.9 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 136-162 (31.9 - 38%) -- 0.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
My vote is for rain. The team only checks Water-types loosely to begin with, generally relying on Koko's offensive pressure, one or two Greninja switch-ins, and Celesteela's irritating Leech Seed. Rain is really good at exploiting this weakness by outspeeding and overpowering the team's natural bulk.

My votes are for Rain and Magearna. Rain puts pressure on the entire team so long as weather remains up and is to reliant on koko to beat it. Magearna needs only a little prior damage and rocks to be able to sweep the team.

Rain is an obvious pick because this team lacks a Water resist or much counterplay to the playstyle at all. If weather is up, one of the breakers can basically just come in and watch stuff drop. Also gonna vote for Koko + Kyurem-B. Koko just runs through this team fairly easily if you click the right move. Kyub is also pretty threatening and there's no real switch-in to its Z-Move. Getting it in is a little difficult but Mew lacks Wisp so you can come in on that and just watch everything crumble.

Voting is over, Rain By Indigo Plateau is the winner with 3 votes. Not gonna Tally them because there was only a few there but as It stands I believe both Akumeoy and Indigo both have 3 Entries in the archive now (Yes I have to update that I know) So both will be entered into the hall of fame Later this week when I do the update. In addition Both can now submit a team to be broken if they wish. I really hope they do tho.

Anyway I figured since its suspect week we'd have a little fun and Break a team of mine. Probably not the most well built thing but we'll see what everyone comes up with. It centres around spamming the ability magic Guard to absorb hits and status While I set up my own or pivot the mane/Lando Volt turn core until Manaphy can click its Z move and Sweep.

Sets
CoCs Lovechild (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

ABR's Creation (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Recreant Defies (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Random Breaks (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Smack Down

Bludz Absorbs (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Tressed Sweeps (Manaphy) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Psychic
- Tail Glow

Explanation: I love the ability magic guard, So simple and so effective. The team is built to exploit the status spam meta to its fullest by nullifying there effectiveness and using them as a chance to calm mind up or pivot into my own setters. Clefable and Reuniclus form the heart of there team both EVed to beat Medicham and other Mega wallbreakers as well checking some forms of Lando and Lele. T-wave is taken on Clef since the team lacks speed control otherwise. Manetric is manetric but provides an out to steels and pivots to the rest of the team. Lando is smackdown earthplate to offer some Mind games so as rocks can go up more easily and to lure skarmory/Celessta whom otherwise trouble team immensly. Ferrothorn is for Rain and the few attackers Clef/Reu Cant handle while Waterium Z manaphy offers me a way to end games. Both by breaking stall and Sweeping weakened teams. Not a flawless team but its plently of fun so I'm looking foward to seeing what People come up with.

Thats the team you may break it with a Core of 2 or 1 single Pokemon. Make sure explanations are provided and Replays are encouraged. Goodluck

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

This team relies on an Intimidate core to keep physical attackers from being a problem, and Bisharp has Defiant. What's worse, Clefable and Reuniclus are weak to its STABS -- it doesn't net KOs at +0, but that's what SD and flinches are for. What's WORSE, it has a powerful priority move to circumvent its low Speed.

Darkinium Z is the ideal item here in order to OHKO Ferrothorn with a +2 Black Hole Eclipse (while you do need to circumvent Protect, Ferrothorn is also pressured not to click it on account of Swords Dance), and Adamant cuz Jolly wouldn't let it outspeed anything anyways. Manaphy is a legitimate problem for Bisharp (strong Surf, can dodge Sucker Punch, can't be Knocked Off), but that's what teammates are for, and even Manaphy can't switch into Bisharp too much before falling into Sucker Punch range.
Checking Manaphy is the first order of business -- Mantine is obviously the top pick for this, but something like AV Tangrowth can perform adequately in limiting Manaphy's setup turns without getting worn down in the process, while also pivoting into MMane, Ferrothorn, and Landorus-T (and threatening one of the last two, depending on its Hidden Power).

For a more offensive approach, Tapu Koko is the tier's go-to Electric-type. Variants with HP Fire are also good for threatening (or at least chipping) Ferrothorn -- an opposing Mega Manectric can be problematic in this same fashion, since Clefable can't eat Volt Switches AND live Bisharp's Iron Head.

Bisharp is also likely to accumulate chip damage and possibly status while it faces this team. A Healing Wish from Mega Lopunny or Scarf Latias would let it play a bit more recklessly early-game, getting chip damage on key opponents and then coming back later for more. These both invite switch-ins from Clefable and Reuniclus once Lando has taken chip and set up its rocks, so using Healing Wish on that switch can be great to bring in Bisharp for the momentum.

And since Bisharp doesn't like switching into a lot of moves on this team, some sort of Voltturn support is appreciated. MMane and Koko were mentioned above; Volt Switch Mew deserves special mention as a lure for Clefable and Reuniclus that Ferrothorn might prefer to switch out of.

This is all assuming you're not just running Bisharp on some kind of Webs build, in which case it would have its own concerns to attend to. But it's worth noting that Mega Pinsir is nice for revenging Manaphy after chip damage.
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 254-300 (64.4 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Clefable: 77-91 (19.5 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Reuniclus: 308-366 (72.6 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Reuniclus: 127-151 (29.9 - 35.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric-Mega: 126-148 (44.8 - 52.6%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric-Mega: 220-261 (78.2 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manectric-Mega: 204-241 (72.5 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 277-327 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 229-270 (67.9 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Landorus-Therian: 201-237 (59.6 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Ferrothorn: 112-133 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 0.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Ferrothorn: 162-192 (46.1 - 54.7%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Black Hole Eclipse (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 108+ Def Ferrothorn: 322-381 (91.7 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 123-145 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 140-165 (41 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 244-288 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PS: While I'm grateful the privilege of being able to submit teams for the breaking, mine are all awful, so I think I'll refrain.

Last edited:
Reserving Gengar

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Since the team has no Ghost resist, Specs Gengar can 2HKO every member of this team with Specs Shadow Ball except Ferrothorn, which can still be 2HKO'd by Shadow Ball after some chip damage and can be OHKO'd by Focus Blast. It can also outspeed the entire team bar Manectric, which can't come in safely since Sludge Wave and Shadow Ball have a good chance to KO it after rocks, forcing the player to keep sacrificing Pokémon to get in Manectric and force it out. Manaphy and Landorus can take a Shadow Ball and threaten it back with a strong hit, but Manaphy still can't KO Gengar at full and they still can't come in on Gengar's Shadow Ball.

vs clefable:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Clefable: 205-243 (52 - 61.6%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Clefable: 488-576 (123.8 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs reuniclus:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Reuniclus: 422-498 (99.5 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

vs manectric

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manectric-Mega: 279-328 (99.2 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Manectric-Mega: 235-277 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

vs landorus:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 237-279 (70.3 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

vs ferrothorn:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 150-177 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- 37.9% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 298-352 (84.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

vs manaphy:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 196-232 (57.3 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
Not gonna make a full on post, but I just wanna share a few thoughts on the team. Due to this team's overall slowness bar Mega Manectric (no scarfer), coupled with the fact that it has a couple more passive mons, it tends to struggle vs most immediately threatening breakers like LO KB (HP Fire), Gengar, Specs Lele, SR 3 attacks Flynium Lando-T, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)