Greninja @ Groundium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dig
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

252 Atk Protean Greninja Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Magearna: 366-432 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery

If not the best, Gear is a great way to pivot around scarf greninja, since it basically fear nothing from it. It might be a bit more reluctant to switch on non-lock variant, which is why to make this set works the best it can you'll often have to play it as if it was lock until you land your Z-move.
Ofc, as a lure, once it's known it's less effective but the worst part is that once the z has been nuked in a game, it become unable to do anything to gear. Yet I believe this is a great way to lure out gears.

Last edited:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- filler

You need Fire Blast to connect twice and 2HKO. You can't switch in into Magearna tho, Flash Cannon does more than 60%. You lure it in because it has a type advantage, and Clefable has a higher HP stat, and it will naturally want to take advantage of that to Pain Split. Unfortunately I am unable to calculate how much Pain Split heals.
252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Magearna: 185-218 (50.9 - 60%) -- 87.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Clefable Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Magearna: 185-218 (50.9 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)