Resource USM OU Speed Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a mistake from the Zygarde-C days?
442 / Heracross, Kommo-o, Nidoking, Tapu Fini, Zygarde / 85 / +Spe / 252 / +1
(edit to clarify: discrepancy is base speed stat - Zygarde has 95 base speed, Zygarde-10 has 115)
Just to try and make this post more constructive, is it worth adding the Tapu Fini with 60 Speed EVs(I think) that's being used a bit now? It would hit 221 Speed with a neutral nature. At the moment we just have 252 and 0 speed EVs for Fini but no middle ground, which seems to be the way a lot of people are using it recently.

Last edited:
I don't see Ash-Greninja in the list, which I think it is criminally underlooked because it spots similar offences of Protean Greninja thanks to the Atk/SpA boost, but with +10 base Spe, which makes this Greninja even more difficult to revenge kill.

399 / Greninja / 132 / +Spe / 252 / 0

252 Spe EVs like its regular form, but with the added benefit of a base 132 (instead of base 122) to start with. You outspeed Scarfed Timid Xurkitree and OHKO it with Hydro Pump, which is a relevant thing in this OU)

Last edited:

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
882 / Pheromosa / 151 / +Spe / 252 / +2

First number = the speed it reaches
Name = the pokemon being listed
Second number = the BASE speed stat of the pokemon
Spe/Neutral - indicates the type of NATURE being used.
  • +Spe means a speed increasing nature (think of Jolly or Timid)
  • -Spe means a speed lowering nature (think of Sassy)
  • Neutral means a nature that has no effect on speed
Third number = the NUMBER of EVs being used in the Speed stat
Fourth number = the NUMBER of speed BOOSTS the pokemon has in the given entry/example
  • In this example it's a +2 speed pheromosa (generally obtained after 2 kills with beast boost)

Politoed is not on the viability ranking list anymore, so all the mentions to it should be removed entirely.
The same thing stands for Raichu (Alola).

seeing as speed tiers of mons of the same viability ranking (f.e feraligatr) or even unranked mons (mienshao lol) are listed, i would still add jolly/adamant talons speed 386/351 to the list

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To Whom It May Concern:

295 / Heracross, Kingdra, Kommo-o, Nidoking, Tapu Fini, Nidoking, Toxicroak / 85 / +Spe / 252 / 0

Nidoking is listed twice.

AraEDIT: Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
442 / Celesteela / 61 / Neutral / 252 / +2
402 / Celesteela / 61 / Neutral / 172 / +2

Both for Autotomize Celesteela. First allows celes to outspeed up to max speed naive phero and neutral nature scarf tapu lele and second outspeeds max speed neutral nature pheromosa and greninja-ash.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
442 / Celesteela / 61 / Neutral / 252 / +2
402 / Celesteela / 61 / Neutral / 172 / +2

Both for Autotomize Celesteela. First allows celes to outspeed up to max speed naive phero and neutral nature scarf tapu lele and second outspeeds max speed neutral nature pheromosa and greninja-ash.
Fixing, but with max speed neutral and max speed +speed
Why is Tsareena listed here? Does it have any niche that justifies a placement in this?
Removing

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
what is 184 Speed MCX/Volcarona for? it looks like it's to outspeed fully invested Landorus-T but neither one is setting up on it anyway and that seems like too much investment for MCX's bulky wisp set.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Heatran neutral speed hits 253, which is important to note because Modest Heatran can smack SDef Mega Sableye and is generally very good vs the stall/balance builds that it should be used for

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why would someone use 228 speed EVs on Kingdra? Where will the remaining 24 EVs go?

564 / Necrozma / 79 / +Spe / 252 / +2

Necrozma doesn't really run Automatize/Rock polish sets iirc. It best sets are usually bulky Calm Mind + Stored Power ones.
The speed is useful as a reference for baton pass teams because necrozma is a common mon on the archetype.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
401 / Pheromosa / 151 / Neutral / 252 / 0

This needs to be added imo because of Quiver Dance Modest Phero. I still do not know how to calculate +1 / +2 with odd Speed so I'll leave it to you guys.
+1 would be 601 as the game floors any decimal numbers [floor(401*1.5)] and +2 would be 802, however the boosted stats are there oddly enough.

I'll also post Speed tiers of Mega Mawile and Beedrill because they've been out for a while and Mawile is a top tier threat while Beedrill was given an analysis which warrants being on the list imo. Mega Mawile will also have Speed investment in here because it was used in the analysis for outspeeding uninvested base 70s such as Skarmory.

136 / Mawile (Mega) / 50 / Neutral / 0 / 0
177 / Mawile (Mega) / 50 / Neutral / 164 / 0
427 / Beedrill (Mega) / 145 / +Spe / 252 / 0

566 / Greninja / 122 / +Spe / 252 / +1

558 / Dugtrio/ 120 / +Spe / 252 / +1

509 / Dugtrio / 120 / Neutral / 252 / +1

539 / Tapu Koko / 130 / Neutral / 252 / +1

Scarf Gren, Duggy and Koko need to be added.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updated with changes. Starmie was already on the list btw. Also removed some irrelevant Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)