Ayla (Armaldo) (F) @ Life Orb/Rockium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

So I was trying to build a Speculative Team on PS that capitalized on Poliwrath's unique dual typing and offensive presence. I was inspired by the character Frog from Chrono Trigger and then decided to build entire team around the premise. Eventually, an offensive team shaped to be a Semi-Rain Team that abused Poliwrath and Armaldo as sweepers.

Relicanth-->Chrono
Reasoning: There are not many humanoid like Pokemon, much less in PU, and even less that fit on Rain Teams. Relicanth was chosen for its role as a Rain suicide lead, mirroring Chrono's killing himself at the end of the game to save his friends against Lavos.

Gorebyss-->Marle
Reasoning: Gorebyss is PU's most feminine Swift Swim abuser due to it being pink. Gorebyss also learns Ice Beam, which mimics Marle's Ice powers.

Volbeat-->Lucca
Reasoning: Both play more of a supportive role than an offensive role. Both also look they should be one gender but are actually another. Lol

Metang-->Robo
Reasoning: Both are robots. Metang is here just for cohesiveness of the team's idea. However, this doesn't mean its useless as one of its weaknesses has been negated under Rain. If you decide to run SR on Relicanth, use RD on Metang and if you decide to run SR on Metang, use Waterfall on Relicanth.

Poliwrath-->Frog
Reasoning: Their both frogs. Movin' On

Armaldo-->Ayla
Reasoning: Both are from millions of years ago. Both also have high attacking prowess. Armaldo also benefits from the Rain with access to Swift Swim

Rockinium-Z Contiental Crush-->Lavos
Reasoning: Both come from the Middle of the Earth and wield great power

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-543027725

Last edited:
I've been trying out a mon that everyone seems to have forgotten about, WormadamT!
(Since you probably forgot that it got Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz this gen, here is a reminder.)
So any way, I am presenting what I would call a Qro (Quiver Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Bug Buzz) Mono attack set, inspired by CroMuk.
I have no idea how to structure this so I'll just list the pros and cons.

Pros-
Respectable Bulk
Resists many common attacking types (juicy Bug/Steel combo)
Hard to stop once it gets set up
Steel type coverage hits Pokemon such as Clefairy, Granbull, Avalugg, Cryogonal, Shiinotic, and Regirock for super effective damage
Bug type coverage hits Pokemon such as Claydol (Yay!), Bellossom, Lurantis, and all the Silvally's weak to Bug or Steel
Cons-
Susceptible to Fire-type coverage moves
Takes a long time to set up
Slow and relatively passive
Mono Bug coverage sucks, and outside of hitting previously mentioned Pokemon, Steel isn't all that great, either (heavily walled by the likes of Luvdisc)

EDIT: Just noticed Slowbroth literally talked about Wormadam and Mereanie, so ignore first statement

Last edited:
So, I've been seeing a lot of discussion around Lurantis, but not much discussing this set:

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Synthesis

It can function as a surprisingly effective wall, once heavy hitting physical attackers such as Muk and Stoutland are out of the way, as well as things such as Rotom-F. With synthesis to heal itself up, and aromatherapy to prevent it from being worn down by status, it can slowly set up with leaf storm, and start to break its way though your opponents team. It handles threats such as Floatzel, including the physical set if it is brought in safely:

252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lurantis: 148-177 (43 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Lurantis: 232-274 (67.4 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Lurantis Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floatzel: 408-480 (131.1 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With it's 70/90/90 defences, it can easily run a physical or special defence set.

However, it does have the problem of a huge lack of coverage, having only leaf storm to hit offensively, meaning that it can't hit anything that resists grass hard at all, and is almost completely worthless against sap sipper pokemon. It can also be quite passive, since it's only attack is leaf storm, and before boosting it's base Sp. Atk is very low. It will never be able to compare to something such as Servine as a special sweeper, but it can function, I feel, quite well as a niche utility pokemon.

So, I've been seeing a lot of discussion around Lurantis, but not much discussing this set:

Lurantis @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Synthesis

It can function as a surprisingly effective wall, once heavy hitting physical attackers such as Muk and Stoutland are out of the way, as well as things such as Rotom-F. With synthesis to heal itself up, and aromatherapy to prevent it from being worn down by status, it can slowly set up with leaf storm, and start to break its way though your opponents team. It handles threats such as Floatzel, including the physical set if it is brought in safely:

252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lurantis: 148-177 (43 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Floatzel Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Lurantis: 232-274 (67.4 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Lurantis Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floatzel: 408-480 (131.1 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With it's 70/90/90 defences, it can easily run a physical or special defence set.

However, it does have the problem of a huge lack of coverage, having only leaf storm to hit offensively, meaning that it can't hit anything that resists grass hard at all, and is almost completely worthless against sap sipper pokemon. It can also be quite passive, since it's only attack is leaf storm, and before boosting it's base Sp. Atk is very low. It will never be able to compare to something such as Servine as a special sweeper, but it can function, I feel, quite well as a niche utility pokemon.
I dunno, but the calc against special Float might be a little bit misleading, considering that if Lura is suppossed to be a defogger, it will probably means that will receive hazards damage... so:

252 SpA Life Orb Floatzel Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lurantis: 148-177 (43 - 51.4%) -- 60.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This might be more accurate IMO... then, Lura is suppossed to be supporting the team, but it does need soooooo much support itself (removing Muk, Stoutland, Sap Sipper users, Steel Silvally, Rotom F, heck anything that can stomach an uninvested Leaf Storm and then deal enough damage to force it to decide between defogging - recovering or getting a kill against something that might not be that useful), that I rather use another defogger with more utility or less prone to be beaten by the top dogs on our meta.

See ya!

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Answer: Only ShitBirds will be left if Dodrio rises

Dodrio is the only viabile flying type attacker PU has acces to. If he leaves...Oh boy....
That is actually not true. Murkrow and drifblim, for starters, while not really replacements for dodrio, are still good fliers. Also, some birds are very likely dropping, like toucannon and the oricorios. Toucannon will be a better replacement for dodrio, while the oris are more like krow and blim. Just letting you know there's other good offensive flyers aside from dodrio in Pu.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon

Dodrio is the only viabile flying type attacker PU has acces to. If he leaves...Oh boy....

So any Im Speculationg Bloom Doom Simisear

252 SpA Simisear Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta: 663-780 (188.3 - 221.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Simisear Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 772-912 (270.8 - 320%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Simisear Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 968-1140 (321.5 - 378.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Much like bloom doom Heatran in Overused, Z-Solar Beam lures in and disposes of Water, Ground and Rock types like Carracosta, Golem, and Relicanth. even without a boost all of them are clean OHKOes so fire spam can actually become a thing. A fire spam core might look like this:

+
And in terms of having a good Normal/Flying type, we still have Chatot, who, albeit a special attacker and general lack of a good flying type STAB, is just as good as ever in it's ability to clean teams with Boomburst. Also, I have my own personal question. Are there any good Silvally-Types that utilize RestTalk; if so, what type and what other 2 moves does it run? Thanks!

Last edited:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
And in terms of having a good Normal/Flying type, we still have Chatot, who, albeit a special attacker and general lack of a good flying type STAB, is just as good as ever in it's ability to clean teams with Boomburst. Also, I have my own personal question. Are there any good Silvally-Types that utilize RestTalk; if so, what type and what other 2 moves does it run? Thanks!
The only Silvally I've seen utilize RestTalk is a defensive Siivally Water. Pure water typing is generally great defensively and Silvally can function as a great Water/Fire/Ground check thanks to its decent natural bulk and access to Parting Shot to cut back on it's passive nature. As far as other defensive Silvally's go I haven't seen much but Fairy seems like a decent option as well as maybe Ghost as each can check Fighting types pretty well.

The only Silvally I've seen utilize RestTalk is a defensive Siivally Water. Pure water typing is generally great defensively and Silvally can function as a great Water/Fire/Ground check thanks to its decent natural bulk and access to Parting Shot to cut back on it's passive nature. As far as other defensive Silvally's go I haven't seen much but Fairy seems like a decent option as well as maybe Ghost as each can check Fighting types pretty well.
I would personally add Steel to those principal three (Water, Fairy and Ghost) since it can Blanket check a nice part of the tier, walling a few things like birds, Leafeon, Pawniard, etc... it's sad that Silvally can't have the same advantages that Arceus has with Z-Crystals... Oh and I think that ANY defensive Silvally should have STAB and Parting Shot/Toxic to avoid being setup bait...

Then, about birds you Guys also missed two IMO, even if they are not usually used for they flying prowess, but Vullaby and Togetic are also flying types... heck, even Silvally Flying I guess xD. Oh, and we will probably get Pelipper again, considering Drizzle has been banned again by UU.

See ya!

I also don't think Fearow is all that bad, lack of Brave Bird is lame but with it getting Focus Energy it now has a better swords dance that gets past both Unaware mons and intimidate. With basically unresisted Flying/Ground coverage, a return or double edge for strong neutral hits and a nice speed tier I can see it doing pretty well against balanced and defensive teams and being nice on webs teams, it just needs support to set up.

I was looking at the spec list and noticed Palossand.Then I thought of his ability in conjunction with weakness policy or passho berry (halves super effective water damage). Here are some calcs to see how strong he can be after a weakness policy boost:
+2 252+ SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Clefairy: 169-199 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 213-252 (51.9 - 61.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
After the boost, he can take out most special walls in 2 turns, and he can use Giga Drain for ones that don't resist grass to keep itself healthy as it breaks the special wall.
Palossand @ Passho Berry/Weakness Policy
Ability:Water Compaction
this
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs:0 Attack
-Shore Up/HP Fire
-Earth Power
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain/HP Fire
Good teammates for him are obviously fire types to bait out water attacks like Rapidash or even Silvally-Fire to parting shot into Palossand for momentum and to soften the incoming scald or Hydro pump. After weakness policy and water compaction, most things can't kill him without getting severely injured and popular Hydro Pump users that outspeed him except Simipour and gorebyss and golduck, don't have special attack as their highest attacking stat like Floatzel and Poliwrath. Any other ones Palossand outspeeds and can kill with a Giga drain. He can also benefit from nasty pass Togetic, and he can help out Togetic by switching into a electric attack, and he resists poison and can kill steel types like bronzor and Metang with shadow ball or mawile with earth power. Togetic can switch into dark type attacks and grass type attacks easily because of its typing and bulk, or can take a water type attack or ghost type attack.

My trick room team. I wonder if you can help me make improvements.
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak
- Return
- Drain Punch
Exeggutor-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
Crabominable @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Brave Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Earthquake
- Moonblast
Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Moonblast
Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Ability: Analytic
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Beam

Crabominable and Exeggutor-Alola are master trick room abusers. Duosion and Carbink are used to set up the trick room. Kecleon is there for a physical trick room abuser that can set up trick room, and Rampardos is another abuser.

Last edited:
I've heard some people say that Vikavolt will be PU, but I can't see it down here at all. 145 Sp. Attack is a lot for NU, much less PU, 43 Speed or not. Unlike Rampardos it actually has usable bulk plus it has Agility and Roost. And yes, I do think that Choice Specs would be good in NU. Its stats scream Choice wallbreaker, high Sp. Attack stat, low Speed, usable bulk for NU standards and good coverage allowing for few switch-ins. I don't think it'll be a super dominant threat in NU (I imagine it being the Primarina of NU) but I think it'll shine more than enough in there to keep it out of here.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that Vikavolt gets Agility.

Last edited:
My trick room team. I wonder if you can help me make improvements.
Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Sneak
- Return
- Drain Punch
Exeggutor-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
Crabominable @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Brave Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Facade
- Moonblast
Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Moonblast
Duosion @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Rampardos @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

Crabominable and Exeggutor-Alola are master trick room abusers. Duosion and Carbink are used to set up the trick room. Kecleon is there for a physical trick room abuser that can set up trick room, and Rampardos is another abuser.
Looks nice. Personally, I'd go with Beheeyem over Duosion as a Psychic TR setter, due to its better bulk and better power. Rampardos and Crabominable both appreciate Life Orb more than Choice Band, as TR abusers don't want to be wasting turns switching out because something switched in to wall it and should be able to switch up moves instead. The moveset for Rampardos looks interesting but I dont really see what Thunder Punch hits; Ice Beam could be better to hit bulky Grounds like Palossand, Claydol and Gabite. For Crabominable, I don't really see Facade helping either; Pursuit or EQ are usually preferred.

So any Im Speculationg Bloom Doom Simisear

252 SpA Simisear Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta: 663-780 (188.3 - 221.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Simisear Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barbaracle: 772-912 (270.8 - 320%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Simisear Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 968-1140 (321.5 - 378.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Much like bloom doom Heatran in Overused, Z-Solar Beam lures in and disposes of Water, Ground and Rock types like Carracosta, Golem, and Relicanth. even without a boost all of them are clean OHKOes so fire spam can actually become a thing. A fire spam core might look like this:

+
I just wanted to respond to this because I don't think Bloom Doom Simisear is comparable to Bloom Doom Heatran. Heatran actually needs the Z- grass coverage move because it otherwise can't touch things like Gyarados and Tapu Fini. On the other hand, Simisear already has Grass Knot to hit things in PU like Golem, Barbarcle and Carracosta, which really aren't switchins in the first place. Rather, Simisear would probably appreciate Z-Fire Blast to hit special walls like Clefairy or Audino really hard, or Z-Sunny Day to power up its Fire type moves as well as getting that speed boost. (Also, for Fire spam to work, you're definitely gonna have to consider counters like Altaria, so either Simisear or Combusken is gonna have to have Hidden Power Ice jsyk).

I was looking at the spec list and noticed Palossand.Then I thought of his ability in conjunction with weakness policy or passho berry (halves super effective water damage). Here are some calcs to see how strong he can be after a weakness policy boost:
+2 252+ SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Clefairy: 169-199 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Palossand Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 213-252 (51.9 - 61.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
After the boost, he can take out most special walls in 2 turns, and he can use Giga Drain for ones that don't resist grass to keep itself healthy as it breaks the special wall.
Palossand @ Passho Berry/Weakness Policy
Ability:Water Compaction
this
Modest Nature
IVs:0 Attack
-Shore Up/HP Fire
-Earth Power
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain/HP Fire
Good teammates for him are obviously fire types to bait out water attacks like Rapidash or even Silvally-Fire to parting shot into Palossand for momentum and to soften the incoming scald or Hydro pump. After weakness policy and water compaction, most things can't kill him without getting severely injured and popular Hydro Pump users that outspeed him except Simipour and gorebyss and golduck, don't have special attack as their highest attacking stat like Floatzel and Poliwrath. Any other ones Palossand outspeeds and can kill with a Giga drain. He can also benefit from nasty pass Togetic, and he can help out Togetic by switching into a electric attack, and he resists poison and can kill steel types like bronzor and Metang with shadow ball or mawile with earth power. Togetic can switch into dark type attacks and grass type attacks easily because of its typing and bulk, or can take a water type attack or ghost type attack.
I wanted to respond to this as well because I don't think this set is as good as you may think it would be. First off, if you look at viable Weakness Policy users, namely Golem and Dragonite, they both have priority to prevent faster things that may want to revenge them. On the flip side, Weakness Policy Palossand has no priority and is essentially using a one time use Nasty Plot at the cost of taking super effective damage, and easily revenge killed / forced out by common, faster, stronger offensive threats like Leafeon, Pawniard, Rotom-Frost, etc. So, unless you're playing against a slower balanced team, I don't think WP Palossand will be performing very effectively due to the fact that it has to take a SE hit for boost to activate, meaning that it will probably be very weakened when it attacks, further making it easy to RK. If you wanted an offensive Palossand, Choice Specs is probably your better bet.

Last edited:
I've heard some people say that Vikavolt will be PU, but I can't see it down here at all. 145 Sp. Attack is a lot for NU, much less PU, 43 Speed or not. Unlike Rampardos it actually has usable bulk plus it has Agility and Roost. And yes, I do think that Choice Specs would be good in NU. Its stats scream Choice wallbreaker, high Sp. Attack stat, low Speed, usable bulk for NU standards and good coverage allowing for few switch-ins. I don't think it'll be a super dominant threat in NU (I imagine it being the Primarina of NU) but I think it'll shine more than enough in there to keep it out of here.
Well, to be fair, while Vikavolt is insanely powerful and even provides slow volt switches, the speed and lack of priority really hold it back. The bulk you mention isn't really that good. If you do some calcs, you'll find out that Vikavolt is not marginally bulkier, as calcs taking physical moves do ~10% more to Rampardos (the example you used) and special moves do ~16%. I know that's quite a thing but if you factor Vikavolt's stealth rock weakness, it essentially takes as much as Ramp do.

Its bulk is usable but really doesn't make up for the speed and crippling rock weakness, but it's certainly a threat to watch for. I think PU is possible for this little bug, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well, to be fair, while Vikavolt is insanely powerful and even provides slow volt switches, the speed and lack of priority really hold it back. The bulk you mention isn't really that good. If you do some calcs, you'll find out that Vikavolt is not marginally bulkier, as calcs taking physical moves do ~10% more to Rampardos (the example you used) and special moves do ~16%. I know that's quite a thing but if you factor Vikavolt's stealth rock weakness, it essentially takes as much as Ramp do.

Its bulk is usable but really doesn't make up for the speed and crippling rock weakness, but it's certainly a threat to watch for. I think PU is possible for this little bug, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Well, while the SR weakness is unfortunate, Bug/Electric + Levitate (4 resistances + 1 immunity) is a far better defensive type than pure Rock... add reliable one turn recovery and then Vikavolt is able to run a defensive spread to withstand a few hits (especially from Fighting types) while still having the equivalent of a fully invested positive natured base 100 SpA mon, which is pretty decent for NU. That's what I personally think it will prevent Vika from getting this low, even if I would love to use it in PU x3

Also, about Duosion and Beheeyem on TR, I would advise to keep Duosion... with Eviolite, Duosion is effectively Bulkier and has also two wonderful abilities on Magic Guard to avoid some damage and Regenerator for switching in and out while setting TR...

See ya!

Well, while the SR weakness is unfortunate, Bug/Electric + Levitate (4 resistances + 1 immunity) is a far better defensive type than pure Rock... add reliable one turn recovery and then Vikavolt is able to run a defensive spread to withstand a few hits (especially from Fighting types) while still having the equivalent of a fully invested positive natured base 100 SpA mon, which is pretty decent for NU. That's what I personally think it will prevent Vika from getting this low, even if I would love to use it in PU x3

Also, about Duosion and Beheeyem on TR, I would advise to keep Duosion... with Eviolite, Duosion is effectively Bulkier and has also two wonderful abilities on Magic Guard to avoid some damage and Regenerator for switching in and out while setting TR...

See ya!
Hey!

While I do agree that its strong and decently bulky, the sr weakness hinder its defensive capabilities, as most Fighting types also happen to carry rock coverage, which is prolly 2hkoiing after rocks. #VikaForPU

About Duo x Behee, Duo is not bulkier than BEM... Well, not entirely. Duosion takes ~5% less than Beheeyem from physical mons, and our alien is actually bulkier on the special side, while carrying a punch (it can abuse Analytic before you set up TR), not to mention its ability to pack items like LO or even Colbur if it wants to survive a dark-type attack. While Magic Guard and Regenerator do make it a more solid TR setter, Beheeyem just forces more things out and therefore grabs even more opportunities.

Vikavolt sets (If it ever falls down to PU)
Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
Agility Vikavolt, a bit like Rock Polish Rhydon in ORAS NU. Agility patches up its bad speed, roost provides reliable recovery, bug buzz and thunderbolt for STAB.
Vikavolt @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
Defensive Vikavolt, this one uses a more defensive route and provides slow volt switch as well as roost for recovering health. Energy Ball is for rock types as well as 4x weaknesses like quagsire (should it fall down here again), rhydon, golem regular, etc.
Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Quiet/Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
Use a quiet nature if on a Trick Room team and a Modest nature on a non-Trick Room Team. This Vikavolt is an all-out attacker. It hits hard, and a specs set is also possible on a non-Trick Room team.

Hope we can use Vikavolt in PU.

Vikavolt sets (If it ever falls down to PU)
Vikavolt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
Agility Vikavolt, a bit like Rock Polish Rhydon in ORAS NU. Agility patches up its bad speed, roost provides reliable recovery, bug buzz and thunderbolt for STAB.
Vikavolt @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
Defensive Vikavolt, this one uses a more defensive route and provides slow volt switch as well as roost for recovering health. Energy Ball is for rock types as well as 4x weaknesses like quagsire (should it fall down here again), rhydon, golem regular, etc.
Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Quiet/Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
Use a quiet nature if on a Trick Room team and a Modest nature on a non-Trick Room Team. This Vikavolt is an all-out attacker. It hits hard, and a specs set is also possible on a non-Trick Room team.

Hope we can use Vikavolt in PU.
You should add Specs Wallbreaker:

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

If you want it slower but bulkier, just switch the speed for HP and Voilá! :3

See ya!

Aaronboyer

gkjgig375574578.png

This team is based off of Anty's old Roselia + Piloswine core that can be found here
I can't believe nobody has posted this (balance I guess):

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Not only does the core has decent type synergy, roselia resists water, grass, and fighting, and piloswine resists ice, but they also both provide entry hazard support. However, the biggest reason why I love this, is because roselia and piloswine are the tankiest mons in the tier. This core is so easy to place on pretty much any bulky offensive team (or even regular offensive) and you basically check the metagame. Although this isn't perfect, as very strong wallbreakers like stoutland can run through, but those mons are not too problematic for offense, whereas the ones that are, like floatzel/zebby/most scarfers can be stopped. It can make teambuilding almost effortless as the two latest teams i have made were two offensive mons + these two + two fillers to cover weaknesses.
The goal of this team is to set up as many entry hazards as possible and then force switches with the teams high offensive pressure. This team has a few weird selections such as Scarf Grumpig and SD U-Turn Silvally-Fighting, but the team as a whole still works fairly well, & encourage you to give this team a try.

Grumpig @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Silvally-Fighting @ Fighting Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Rock Slide
- Multi-Attack
- U-turn
- Crunch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Spikes

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Last edited:
I've been poking around NU and it looks like they will be taking up vikavolt. Too bad. Could anyone please discuss the drops from NU in the spec list? Aggron could be good with recoilless head smash, and Barbaracle/Carracosta are good at shell smash. Haunter will be a good special attacker, possibly a bit like PU's Gengar.

Aaronboyer

Aggron/Togetic/Poliwrath seems to be a very interesting core.
An Electric Pokémon with access to Focus Blast like Raichu, Raichu-A, or Ampharos sadly would rip through this.

One core that I think has really stood out lately is Mawile + Togetic

mawile_and_togetic_by_twistedlollipops-d8fgjaq.jpg

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Play Rough/Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost/Wish
- Thunder Wave/Defog
- Dazzling Gleam/Tri Attack
- Heal Bell/Protect/Defog

Defensive Mawile and and Specially Defensive Togetic work well together for many reasons.
  • Typing
    • With only a few exceptions, all weaknesses the two have are resisted or immune by the other.
    • Mawile takes Steel, Poison, Ice and Rock hits for Togetic, as well as being able to take Knock Off for Togetic if need be.
    • Togetic takes Ground hits for Mawile
  • Stats/Roles
    • Mawile's defensive bulk + Intimidate checks physically inclined Pokemon, allowing Stealth Rocks to be put up and the removal of items by Knock Off
    • Could also run a more offensive set with Fire Blast to assist Togetic further by removing pesky Steel-Types
    • Togetic's specially defensive bulk + Eviolite + Recovery keeps it healthy enough to take on a wide range of special attackers throughout the match. Togetic supports Mawile and the rest of the team with healing the team's status, spreading paralysis, wish passing, and removing entry hazards.

Last edited:

Deleted User 350996

Banned deucer.
Togetic/Piloswine works nice as well.

I think Togetic is going to be very important in this meta. It has a unique typing with a very solid bulk and access to Recovery with Roost or Wish.
It can also runs many different sets (purely defensive, defogger, nasty passer etc.).
Nasty Plot Passing should be popular unless BP is banned in G7 PU too. : |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)