Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Rock Polish

was bored earlier and made a mix absol team. sucker nerf sucks so it cant sweep as well but obviously the mega speed boost makes up for that, to me at least. mix sets are cool because forre is obnoxious as fuck to absol otherwise, and doesn't have that much else i'd want it to run, aside from maybe play rough for keldeo. paired it with azu since it fucks with fat switchins like hippo, gigalith, sylveon, and also is a good keldeo check. hippo for sr since its hippo and i needed a volt immunity - last slot is flexible but i just put edge for thundy / aero / lucha and stuff like that. then used latias since i needed hazard removal and a secondary check to fightings, and it also checks grasses which is appreciated. slapped thundyi because i needed a decent zor / toge check and a secondary ground immune...you could probably run mix or twave or something like that, i just like nasty plot since its the most consistent vs balance. added cobal as a last since i have a second hydra check and cleans up vs offense or just cleans up late game in general, since i have azu and thundy to deal with its usual checks.

not the most amazing thing, but cb azu is fairly uncommon and it shouldnt be since there are like 2 good switchins on balance lol, paired with absol i think it makes for a good way to go about using it in this meta

Last edited:

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
upload_2017-1-31_14-51-39.png
upload_2017-1-31_14-51-44.png
upload_2017-1-31_14-53-22.png
upload_2017-1-31_14-53-41.png

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 16 SpA / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower
- Hex
- Taunt

Latias is your standard offensive defoger. Scizor can act as an offensive pivot, revenge killer, and late-game sweeper. It also gives your team the only realistic Draco switch in. Raikou is another win-con that can win against many balanced and BO archetypes. Krook is my standard bulky Krook with taunt. HP Electric is mostly for Starmie's trying to switch into Keldeo's attacks. if you don't understand when to use a taunt chandelure, use something else. let it absorb u-turns and help you get occasional burns. in a pinch, it might save you the game. taunt chandy is also incredible against all stall archetypes.

Last edited:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

So this is the stall team I used in the first week of ULT. I don't think stall is good anymore but I'm posting this team anyway. So basically I picked up the Alomomola-Forretress-Blissey-Amoonguss-Quagsire core already posted by PlayerW17 and I changed a few sets. I tried a lot of versions, the first one had Aerodactyl but I don't like using stall w/o a cleric (I was using it with stabs+pursuit+roost). Then I tried Togekiss over Aerodactyl, it didn't have much synergy but it worked as well. It was my stallbreaker/cleric/wincond. After this, Clefable dropped to UU and I decided to give it a try. It was a better win cond, a status absorber and it had a lot more synergy with the rest of the team. Also I changed the Quagsire spread to one that can beat Thundurus 1v1 if it doesn't have Grass Knot (252 SpA Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 76 SpD Quagsire: 163-192 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery). Also I ran Foul Play Amoonguss literally because Gengar and Chandelure could freely switch on it and destroy my team.
Shootouts to my good friend and tutor Sun for all the help and HQuaze who is my luv :3.
I hope you guys enjoy this team even if stall isn't good rn.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Def / 208 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 248 HP / 154 Def / 106 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang
- Roost

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Soak
- Toxic
- Recover

Just like Renny_, I started with the basic AloMoonBliss core as a base and experimented with several variations after. This ultimately led me to forgo Amoonguss which opened up a slot to play with. I found that Amoonguss was quite redundant in my would-be team; threats that it is tasked to handle like Keldeo and CM Suicune are already handled fairly well by its peers (Alomomola and Clefable). And so, it got the boot to give more room for experimentation. Now going to the team...

Blissey is an integral member in arguably all stall archetypes, making up most of the special bulk of the team. It provides much needed hazard support in Stealth Rocks and puts a timer against boosting threats and annoying defensive 'mons with Toxic.

With Blissey handling the special sides of things, we have Alomomola as a deterrent against physical threats. Rocky helmet is used to punish U-turn and Rapid Spin; overall, it's just a neat way to wear down 'mons.

Clefable here is definitely one of the most exciting additions for the team. Offers Wish support, but most importantly, it serves as a potent win-con while beating threats like SubCM Raikou and Keldeo, CM Latias, and CroCune.

Partner to Clefable's shenanigans is SD+Fling Scizor. It is yet another amusing win-con, pulling wins out of nowhere. The idea is to inflict Toxic with Fling, ideally against a vulnerable phazer or an Unaware Pokemon, and start boosting away and fire off Acrobatics. Aside from getting off crucial Toxics, Fling has other perks, notably it is able to bypass Taunt. And so, Stallbreaker Mew won't be able to stop your reign of terror. (Forgot that, Stallbreaker Mew packs Knock Off. Maybe a faster spread would be alright?) Another perk is that if you ever get tricked with a debilitating item like Choice Band/Scarf, you could just Fling it away lol.

(An alternative to SD+Fling is maybe SD/Toxic/Earthquake/Roost, because I've found that Empoleon is so annoying to deal with. ;_; You sacrifice good neutral coverage for super-effective potential and consistent Toxics; the latter is kinda helpful when there's Cleric support on the opposing team)

M-Aero is for hazard control and NP Togekiss. It's also a nice check against Victini. Fire Fang because Forretress is an annoying bitch, but Ice Fang is another option for Gliscors and such. (Honestly, I kinda loathe M-Aero as a hazard controller, but meh, I'm too paranoid against Togekiss)

Pyukumuku holds a special place in my heart for being such a bro in Alpha UU. Lots of boosting threats are gone now so it kinda lost its luster, but it still keeps some boosting threats like SD Coballion at bay. Soak+Toxic because screw you. Gastro acid is a really interesting alternative to Counter, being able to nullify strong abilities like Magic Guard and Mold Breaker.

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Latias @ Dragonium-Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

Primarina + Latias go very well together since they are able to check each others weaknesses pretty well. Primarina just wallbreaks for Mega-Aerodactyl so it can efficiently clean up late game. Latias also can function as a potential wincon and can set up against bulkier foes. Scizor helps deal with a big Psychic-type weakness while also providing hazard control. Amoonguss + Swampert is another core that work well together. Amoonguss helps someone else on the team come in safely with Spore while Swampert sets up hazards and deters other set up users (specifically bulkier ones such as Clefable). Mega Aerodactyl just helps clean up late game once the opposing team is weakened and its checks removed. Also helps checks the broken af Victini.

This was RMT-ed so if you want more info, I guess you can check it out? Link on my sig.

Last edited:
Here's a pretty successful hyper offense team I spammed on ladder (qualified for ULT with it). It's really easy to use and features a few underrated mons so I think it's an interesting team for samples. Shoutout Yifeng for building with me

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Dark Pulse

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk
- Extreme Speed

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Counter

pedro (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
There isn't much to say, this team is really straightforward: you just set rocks and then proceed to throw your setup sweepers at your opponent's face until their mons get weakened enough to get cleaned by something. Azelf is my suicide lead: its aim is to set rocks and prevent the opposing mon from setting their own rocks since those really hurt Talonflame. Talonflame is the star of the team, I've seen a lot of shit talk on it about how it was bad since the Gale Wings nerf etc. but frankly it's much better than you'd think in this meta: it has decent power after a SD and with Supersonic Skystrike (SS is also pretty good with Gale Wings because it gets priority if Talon is full and it doesn't have Brave Bird's recoil so you can potentially use a strong flying prio twice), has an excellent speed tier which lets it outspeed stuff like zam swellow zydog gengar which is super useful on HO, and a useful typing to check fairies/ground/fighting/steel types. NP Toxicroak is another underrated set rn, cool special sweeper to lure stuff, check fairies and water types and revenge kill Cobalion and Sharpedo after some prior damage. CB Zydoge brings power, speed, priority and an electric immunity which is really nice on this team to have a chance against the likes of scarf Raikou. Alakazam is an autoadd (honestly I believe adding zam to any HO team will instantly make it 10x better), excellent glue mon to check a lot of threats, stop setup sweepers and cripple stuff like pedo with Thunder Wave. Finally, Pedro is my mega and an amazing cleaner, and it will very often win the game.

Last edited:

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
May I, lads?

sharpedo-mega.png
zygarde-10.png
crobat.png
heliolisk.png
doublade.png
necrozma.png

(No, seriously... put this on in the background when you use this team lol)

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Protect

Zygarde-10% @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Glare

Crobat @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Naive Nature
- Heat Wave
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sacred Sword

Necrozma @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

In it's essence, this team can be played like standard HO, with hard reads through coverage to boot. Some of these sets may look a little unusual, and I shall explain them now:

319-m.png

Mega Sharpedo was my mega of choice for this, for it's strong Crunches and good general coverage. Earlier versions of the team did have it running Poison Jab over EQ (A means to surprise bulky faries), but in the end I didn't find myself getting as much mileage out of it as I could have. Either way, it's the main glue on the team, and what I decided to build the team around.

718-10.png

Zygarde-10% is next, and in UU - it is superb as a mon in general. Thousand Arrows is inherently one of the best moves in the game, able to shoot down the likes of Flygon, Gliscor, Togekiss and others. Crunch is for a little bit of coverage, and Extreme Speed for priority in sticky situations (example, weakened setup sweepers like Kingdra and Feraligatr). Glare and Groundium Z is where things get interesting, as when you've shot down bulky flying types like Gliscor and things like that, Tectonic Rage should be enough to pick them off - observe:

• 252+ Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 111-132 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 96.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
  • 252+ Atk Zygarde-10% Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 220-261 (62.5 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
While rolls CAN be a little fiddly, this should be enough to take SD Gliscor out. Glare can also punish lead Gliscor soundly, and supply the team with support vs the likes of Scizor; Gengar; Keldeo and others. I feel as though this set is reflective of the Groundium Z Garchomp sets seen in OU from time to time, with a means to bypass flying types without taking up moveslots. I do acknowledge that as a standalone mon - DD may be better then Glare, but I'd skimp out on team support and with my lack of a cleric I REALLY don't want to do that.

EDIT 2: OK guys you're right DD is a hell of a lot better...

169.png

Throughout testing, I felt as though I needed A) something to deal with fairies and grass types, and B) a VoltTurn core. This is where Crobat came in - as it's 130 Speed and Life Orb Brave Bird was able to do just that. Tailwind is a recent decision on the team, as it helps Sharpedo gain Speed Boosts pre-mega, and then Snowball from there (fun fact, I even tried a couple of sets without Protect on Sharpedo... but they didn't work very well D:). 4 Sp.Atk Heat Wave is also there to help my matchup with Scizor on the switch as I scare out the likes of Kommo-o/Conkeldurr/Chesnaught/Toxicroak and others.

695.png

Heliolisk is a Pokemon not many people would pay much mind - but with the Scarf set I have supplied, it can get a respectable amount of work done. The reason I am using this and not Raikou is Dry Skin - as it can help me a lot with some of the Water Types running around in the tier, examples being Primarina; Blastoise; Slowbro; Volcanion and others (Keldeo gets checked as well). HP Ice gives Glisor and Flygon a nasty shock on switchin, and Dark Pulse is... filler, but can give me a makeshift paraflinch in combination with Zydoges' Glare (might try Surf at some point, not sure).

680.png

Doublade is next, and it gives me three main things on the team: 1) An all-purpose check to fairies, 2) A spinblocker, and 3) A pursuit trapper. It's physical bulk with Eviolite gives me a good wall for standard Scizor lacking Knock Off (which I can still take once respectably well), as well Pursuit stabbing Psychic types like Alakazam; Latias; Alolan Raichu and similar. Sacred Sword for general coverage and Shadow Sneak for priority.

800.png

Necrozma is the final mon here, and it's unique to other Necrozma sets in the form of Rocky Helmet and the balanced defensive spread I have. Obviously you have the goodies like Stealth Rock alongside Moonlight for sustain (and Toxic for wearing down the likes of Porygon2, Hippowdon, Swampert and Gigalith)... and then you have the synergy between Rocky Helmet and Prism Armor, which is excellent at punishing Knock Off (once), Uturn, and means that Necrozma has less to fear about being Pursuit trapped by the likes of Krookodile and Bisharp. As SR basically comes as standard, Rocky Helmet also punishes Rapid Spin without any trouble - and should really be adopted onto more Necrozma sets.

Other options on each mon:

Mega Sharpedo - Poison Jab/Ice Fang over EQ
Zygarde-10% - Outrage over Crunch (maybe), or DD over Glare
Crobat - Defog over Tailwind
Heliolisk - Surf/Hyper Voice over Dark Pulse
Doublade - Shadow Claw over Pursuit/Iron Head

That's all for now, guys!

EDIT: Changed Sharpedo form Lonely to Adamant. Was an accidental oversight in teambuilding - sorry!

EDIT 3: https://twitter.com/JoycapSm4sh/status/834066159620218880 supplies two replays with DD Zydoge, and explains why I think DD is a borked move

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
May I, lads?

View attachment 78257 View attachment 78258 View attachment 78248 View attachment 78253 View attachment 78251 View attachment 78254

(No, seriously... put this on in the background when you use this team lol)

Lonely Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Protect

Zygarde-10% @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Glare

Crobat @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Naive Nature
- Heat Wave
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Sacred Sword

Necrozma @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Stealth Rock

In it's essence, this team can be played like standard HO, with hard reads through coverage to boot. Some of these sets may look a little unusual, and I shall explain them now:

View attachment 78261
Mega Sharpedo was my mega of choice for this, for it's strong Crunches and good general coverage. Earlier versions of the team did have it running Poison Jab over EQ (A means to surprise bulky faries), but in the end I didn't find myself getting as much mileage out of it as I could have. Either way, it's the main glue on the team, and what I decided to build the team around.

View attachment 78264
Zygarde-10% is next, and in UU - it is superb as a mon in general. Thousand Arrows is inherently one of the best moves in the game, able to shoot down the likes of Flygon, Gliscor, Togekiss and others. Crunch is for a little bit of coverage, and Extreme Speed for priority in sticky situations (example, weakened setup sweepers like Kingdra and Feraligatr). Glare and Groundium Z is where things get interesting, as when you've shot down bulky flying types like Gliscor and things like that, Tectonic Rage should be enough to pick them off - observe:

• 252+ Atk Zygarde-10% Thousand Arrows vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 111-132 (31.5 - 37.5%) -- 96.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
  • 252+ Atk Zygarde-10% Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 220-261 (62.5 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal
While rolls CAN be a little fiddly, this should be enough to take SD Gliscor out. Glare can also punish lead Gliscor soundly, and supply the team with support vs the likes of Scizor; Gengar; Keldeo and others. I feel as though this set is reflective of the Groundium Z Garchomp sets seen in OU from time to time, with a means to bypass flying types without taking up moveslots. I do acknowledge that as a standalone mon - DD may be better then Glare, but I'd skimp out on team support and with my lack of a cleric I REALLY don't want to do that.

View attachment 78260
Throughout testing, I felt as though I needed A) something to deal with fairies and grass types, and B) a VoltTurn core. This is where Crobat came in - as it's 130 Speed and Life Orb Brave Bird was able to do just that. Tailwind is a recent decision on the team, as it helps Sharpedo gain Speed Boosts pre-mega, and then Snowball from there (fun fact, I even tried a couple of sets without Protect on Sharpedo... but they didn't work very well D:). 4 Sp.Atk Heat Wave is also there to help my matchup with Scizor on the switch as I scare out the likes of Kommo-o/Conkeldurr/Chesnaught/Toxicroak and others.

View attachment 78263
Heliolisk is a Pokemon not many people would pay much mind - but with the Scarf set I have supplied, it can get a respectable amount of work done. The reason I am using this and not Raikou is Dry Skin - as it can help me a lot with some of the Water Types running around in the tier, examples being Primarina; Blastoise; Slowbro; Volcanion and others (Keldeo gets checked as well). HP Ice gives Glisor and Flygon a nasty shock on switchin, and Dark Pulse is... filler, but can give me a makeshift paraflinch in combination with Zydoges' Glare (might try Surf at some point, not sure).

View attachment 78262
Doublade is next, and it gives me three main things on the team: 1) An all-purpose check to fairies, 2) A spinblocker, and 3) A pursuit trapper. It's physical bulk with Eviolite gives me a good wall for standard Scizor lacking Knock Off (which I can still take once respectably well), as well Pursuit stabbing Psychic types like Alakazam; Latias; Alolan Raichu and similar. Sacred Sword for general coverage and Shadow Sneak for priority.

View attachment 78265
Necrozma is the final mon here, and it's unique to other Necrozma sets in the form of Rocky Helmet and the balanced defensive spread I have. Obviously you have the goodies like Stealth Rock alongside Moonlight for sustain (and Toxic for wearing down the likes of Porygon2, Hippowdon, Swampert and Gigalith)... and then you have the synergy between Rocky Helmet and Prism Armor, which is excellent at punishing Knock Off (once), Uturn, and means that Necrozma has less to fear about being Pursuit trapped by the likes of Krookodile and Bisharp. As SR basically comes as standard, Rocky Helmet also punishes Rapid Spin without any trouble - and should really be adopted onto more Necrozma sets.

Other options on each mon:

Mega Sharpedo - Poison Jab/Ice Fang over EQ
Zygarde-10% - Outrage over Crunch (maybe), or DD over Glare
Crobat - Defog over Tailwind
Heliolisk - Surf/Hyper Voice over Dark Pulse
Doublade - Shadow Claw over Pursuit/Iron Head

That's all for now, guys!
Ok, so it's cool and all that you posted a team to contribute to the thread, so I'm not invalidating this, but because I envision a bunch of people stealing this team to use even if it doesn't get added to the sample teams itself, I'd just like to point out why this isn't a good team / how it can be improved.

Sharpedo
  • I don't see what Lonely nature even does for Mega Sharpedo, unless that was just a mistake on your part.
  • You're better off just running Psychic Fangs / Ice Fang over Earthquake for stuff like Keldeo or Hydreigon. Adamant Crunch KOs Raikou anyway.
Zygarde-10%
  • Adamant Zygarde-10% misses out on things like Cobalion, Latias, Gengar, Raikou which are pretty crucial for Zygarde, especially since you're not Dragon Dance.
  • Your reasoning for Crunch is "a little big of coverage" which honestly just doens't wash. You only listed Outrage as an other option when you'd want a really hard-hitting STAB move, considering Zygarde's lack of immediate power. Otherwise, you're unable to OHKO stuff like Latias (I guess it doesn't matter as much when you don't outspeed it...)
  • I'd still say DD is the way to go on your team, "skimping" on team support isn't really an issue when DD allows Zygarde to support the team by either punching holes which gives way for a Mega Sharpedo sweep for example, or just sweep late-game on its own, granted you may not even need DD at that point but you'd still want Jolly nature.
Crobat
  • Why is your Crobat LO ?_? especially when you're running it together with Brave Bird and no recovery. Please swap Life Orb out for something else and have Roost somewhere in the set, otheriwse you're gonna get worn down quick, esp when it's your only Ground-type switch-in.
Heliolisk
  • Again, a +SpA nature doesn't mean much even if the Pokemon is naturally fast or holding a Choice Scarf when you're missing out on a bunch of Pokemon that it can outspeed with a +Speed nature. Either way, Heliolisk with Scarf hits like a wet paper bag.
  • Dark Pulse Heliolisk doesn't do anything, and if you want a filler move, how about its secondary STAB move in Hyper Voice.
  • Overall though, you'd probably benefit more from Specs Surf over Scarf HP Ice on this team
Doublade
  • Ok this Doublade REALLY needs Swords Dance somewhere on this set. You're compressing so much on that one set but you sacrifice something else that's important. "Sacred Sword for general coverage" is a thought that you should always avoid when teambuilding.
Necrozma
  • There's nothing inherently wrong with this Necrozma set, but it just feels extremely out of place on an offensive team like this. With stuff like Heliolisk and Mega Sharpedo, defensive Necrozma is a huge momentum killer which just feels like it was added as a punching bag of sorts.
Overall, you tend to have issues with fitting moves on Pokemon since you default to general coverage options that don't actually do anything for the team, and you don't account for threats properly. For example, your only way of checking Raikou is Mega Sharpedo considering your Zygarde is Adamant and you also lose straight up lose to CM Clefable with Flamethrower. There isn't much counterplay to these threats even after sacking things. That's just a few of the things I could say about it but the point is there. I'd just like to re-emphasise that your contribution is appreciated, but for your own improvement, I'd suggest getting some help with your teambuilding if you need it before posting another sample team, since these are meant to be good yet easy to use teams that beginners can just pick and play games with, which yours really doesn't fit in right now. Thanks!

Last edited:

No one posted about SD decidueye team so maybe i'll try. I have quite a success with this team but there's always a room for improvement, so please correct me If something needs to be corrected/changed

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Sucker Punch

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower
- Trick

This team consisted of simple FWG core showcasing SD Decidueye (really cool mon). I chose adamant nature becuz of extra power and you're not going to outsped a lot of things with jolly anyway (correct me if i'm wrong). Cobalion is there becuz he's da boss, taking on bisharp, scizor, etc like a champ, while also providing stealth rock support, shuca berry is for "luring" m-aero.
Sharpedo-mega is an awesome cleaner, pairs well with SD decidueye, and psychic fangs is just stupid. Latias is there for the secondary check to keldeo, raikou, (also my only volcanion check) etc and hazard removal (probably should add recover somewhere, but hp fire is still nice, idk if it's necessary).
Entei nicely rounds up FWG core, checking scizor (can't have too many of those), fairies that aren't primarina, and a nice wallbreaker overall (maybe sleep talk over flare blitz for spore switchins?). Scarf togekiss is for general emergency button, flinch your way for the W.

Threatlist

error 404, switch-in not found?? the only thing i can do is sack something and rk it with scarf kiss, pedo can kill it too but the opposing gengar can d-bond, sub or just switch out on protect
my only switchin is latias, thank god it's slow and weak to sr, but it's quite bulky that it can live a hit or two
i don't have any ground types so raikou can just volt switch and sap ur momentum
again no switchin found, but luckily, band is exploitable

So I have been messing around with what I will dub "BoltBeam Pivot Offense"

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- U-turn
- Foul Play

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Stone Edge

From team preview, identify which of Darm or Jolteon you want to lead with. Then fire off your pivot move. Often times, these two threats will force a switch, and those switches are often weaker to the other (a Water coming in on Darm or a Grass coming in on Jolteon). Keep pivoting until the opponent eventually opts into a mon that neither Darm or Jolt handles super well, but that aren't really great switches either (or until the opponent opts to not play the switch game). This is usually when you go into one of the wallbreakers (i.e. Conk, Starmie, or Nidoqueen). At that point you can bust whatever wall is in, or have your opponent try to decide how in the world to switch into these coverage and power beasts. There's no Psychic coverage on Starmie because I like the option of BoltBeam better, and Analytic LO boosted BoltBeam is a beautiful thing. Starmie being the spinner also frees up Mandibuzz to be a slow pivot to bring back in Darm or Jolteon since they are frail.

This is a team that is definitely meant to play fast, since Mandibuzz is the only real defensive mon on the team (but man it's nice when it can beat SD Scizors with Foul Play). Keep pivoting and getting in the wallbreakers whenever possible. Darm and Jolteon are exceptional win-cons since they are extremely fast and extremely hard-hitting. Conk's Mach Punches also help to clean up quite nicely.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This is a basic sand team that I built so that I could have some practice using Stoutland before I gave its analysis a QC check. As such, it was designed to be easy to use and friendly even to players not used to using weather conditions. Hippowdon, Stoutland, and Mega Aerodactyl form the standard sand core and synergize well together. Hippowdon functions as a bulky pivot, sets up sand for Stoutland and Mega Aerodactyl, and provides residual damage in the form of Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. Stoutland weakens bulky teams and cleans up against offensive teams. Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit traps Ghost-types for Stoutland and can serve as a wincon after Stoutland and Celebi have removed or pressured into KO range bulkier Pokemon that would ordinarily wall it. I added Clefable as a sturdy Fighting-resist and a bulky wincon that wasn't bothered by residual damage from Sandstorm. Celebi serves as the obligatory Water-resist and helps provide some more offensive presence. It can also remove Scizor and other Steel-types that would give Stoutland trouble. Scizor provides some nice resistances, clears hazards with Defog, and serves as a secondary check to threats like Mega Aerodactyl, Bisharp, and Mega Sharpedo. Clefable runs Knock Off to remove items so that Pokemon that depend on Leftovers recovery and provide some general utility, but Flamethrower provides another way to remove Steel-types. To play this team, identify the wincon and use the rest of the team to get rid of the Steel-types that inhibit the wincon's ability to sweep. For example, if Stoutland is the wincon in a particular match, use Clefable to remove the items from Pokemon like Scizor or Doublade with Knock Off and Celebi to eliminate them with Hidden Power Fire.

I think this team is a suitable sample team because it's relatively straightforward to use for anyone familiar with using weather conditions and has ways of winning against every playstyle. Every Pokemon on the team provides some form of counterplay to offense, while Stoutland, Celebi, and Clefable pressure common balance and stall builds. Playing against stall requires some patience, but it's a very winnable matchup if the user plays correctly with Stoutland and Clefable.

Last edited:

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Nasty Plot

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk
- Thousand Arrows

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

This is a hyper offense team consisting of 2 setup mons, 3 choice mons and an offensive Latias.
I wanted to build a team that was able to deal with stall without making too much of a sacrifice to the team. (not stallbreaking in the form of status+taunt)
When facing stall you can cripple something with Gengar's Trick creating set-up fodder for either Azelf or Cobalion. Azelf's moveset is made to cover most stall builds.
Even if you're not facing stall Azelf still puts in a lot of work, often killing stuff that expect you to put up rocks and explode.
Cobalion can threaten stuff out to get up rocks or set up and do big damage with All-Out Pummeling.
Latias is used to switch in on Keldeo, Volcanion etc. I didn't put Defog because I fancy the coverage. HP Fire is for Scizor/Bisharp/Cobalion. Thunderbolt is for Primarina/Mantine. Draco.
Scizor is my first banded mon, providing the powerful bullet-punch/u-turn we all love. Kills m-aero, alakazam, scarf togekiss.
My other band user is Zydoge, it used to be Earth Plate to lure in mons to click Toxic/Outrage, but I never made use of it, so I made it banded instead.
Gengar is my scarfer, being a backup to kill fast threats (m-aero, m-sharpedo, sand dog) when Scizor is dead.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus

Not sure how much longer Clef is gonna stay here, so I thought I'd post this while it still is. Generic BO I built around one of my favorite mons to use in ORAS, Specs Kyurem, while I was writing the analysis for it. Kyurem and Coba are the primary breakers, backed up by a defensive backbone of Tenta / Slowbro / Clef, with Scarf Krook tacked on the end as a revenge killer, Speed control, and a much-needed Electric check. Between its main breakers, T-Spikes on Tenta, and two CM users, one of them having Knock Off, this team is brutal against stall if played right, but can fare well in pretty much any match-up. I usually aim to win the game with Clef or Slowbro, but pretty much every mon on this team can act as a wincon, depending on the situation, and as such this team is pretty dynamic in the types of game plans you can form with it. As said before, Kyurem and Coba are the main breakers, and as such are typically what I start the game with, spamming attacks until the opponent tries to stop me. Steelium Z over Fightinium may look odd, but I've found that Corkscrew Crash is far more useful than AOP, since a Steel-type nuke is way better for wearing down shit like Prima and Celebi, two massive nuisances to this team, and CC is strong enough by itself. Tenta arguably provides the most important support on this team via T-Spikes and the ability to reliably check Clef, whom it can outspeed after a T-Wave, as well as lure the ever-annoying Krook with a fast Hydro Pump. Slowbro and Clef are the go-to wincons most of the time. but are useful throughout the entire game due to their ability to check most of the tier between one another. Krook, as I mentioned, provides a much needed Electric immunity and some Speed control, since I am extremely weak to Raikou otherwise.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

- Hands down the biggest threat. The one thing I have to outspeed can't switch in, and my main Dragon check can lose 1v1 if I let it get too many CM's. Clef is my initial switch in, and I usually don't mind losing it to Lati as long as I can get it in range of Krook's Knock Off, which can be tricky if it's holding a Z Stone. Short of that, I try to set up with one of my CM'ers (ideally Clef for obvious reasons) before it can do so itself.
- NP Celebi can be pretty annoying since the things I have to outspeed it either can't switch in (Krook) or can't kill it (Coba). Usually what I do is use my Z Move on it to put it into range of Krook's Knock. I've considered putting X-Scissor on Coba and Rocks on Krook, but I'm usually able to handle Celebi the normal way, and Scarf Rocks is bleh.
- This is a UU team so it kinda goes without saying, but I'm weak to Hydreigon. No switch-in if it's got a Steel move, but I can take advantage of it if it tries to lure Clef this way. Scarf is annoying, since it outpseeds my entire team, but Clef can handle that 100%.
- Really tough mon to wear down, and the primary reason I like Corkscrew Crash over AOP. I don't have an Empoleon, and therefore have no direct switch-in to this thing, so my only real plan is to either hope it doesn't Psychic and switch in to Tenta, or sack Coba to it and work from there. Sacking Kyurem to it as it switches in is also a very viable way to go as well, though, as 2 Ice Beams puts it around 40% if it's no bulk, as it should be.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, been a while. Since I haven't been on in a long time, I recently started the current SMUU meta about two weeks ago. In that time I have had plenty of time to play around and watch the meta grow and develop (RIP Victini, Staraptor). SMUU has definitely seen a massive increase in power creep and has introduced a number of new toys for us to all enjoy. Fortunately I am willing to share some teams that I have produced.

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 32 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Defog

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
The team features a bulky core of Gliscor, Primarina & Scizor. I consider each exceptional pivots in the SMUU metagame. The team itself doesn't necessarily focus on a main sweeper but if I were to point out the main goal of the team, it would be to focus on breaking opposing teams and creating holes for small sweeps - either with priority or it's faster team members, such as Gliscor & Latias. CM Latias being the main "sweeper" of the team is amazing, not much can stomach a +1 z-Draco Meteor, functioning as a pseudo breaker this Latias can even set up on Fairy Types designated as "counters". Gliscor exists as the teams Electricity immunity (very important!), but also functions as a bulky pivot, stall breaker, momentum grabber and Stealth Rocker. Speed on Gliscor is a personal preference but I like being faster than Krookodile and preventing them getting up their own Rocks. The second reason being a late game check to weakened base 90 and below speed Pokemon (eg. Lucario, Roserade, Toxicroak, Nidoking, Chandelure). Gliscor and Primarina also function as a fantastic duo, Prima easily switches into a plethora of threats in the current metagame (eg. m-Aerodactyl, m-Sharpedo, Krookodile, Hydreigon, m-Absol, etc.). Primarina can stomach hits and dish them out in return, with assistance from my good friend Cynde, the set has been optimised to ensure you aren't missing out on all of Primarina's power.

The second half of the team begins with bulky Scizor, whose main purpose is essentially Defog but you can also rely upon it's useful resists to utilise it as a fantastic slow U-turn for either Latias or Volcarona. Careful Nature and spDef EVs give it some much needed survivability, one could choose to run more spDef, or even move Def into Atk - this is personal preference. Seeing as this team focuses a ton on easy pivots and encourages clever switching I decided that a second wall breaker was needed. Not a lot can switch into mixed Volcanion, stall doesn't fair well against it either. The moveset is self explanatory, I decided to run HP Electric for Mantine, whilst still maintaining coverage on opposing bulky waters. Shuca Berry gives Volcanion surprise value and sustainability, taking on faster ground types 1v1 (eg. Gliscor, Krookodile, Zygarde-10%) as well as stopping some sweeps cold. Volcanion's EVs aren't specifically needed, but I can provide some explanation, max SpA is for power, Speed is for Jolly base 50s (lol Crawdaunt) and everything else that sits around that speed mark (it's nice to outspeed 0 speed Gliscor's lol), and the rest is thrown into Atk to bolster Superpower. Lastly, I have Bisharp running a not-so-standard set, it's nice having the ability to tank multiple hits from opposing Latias and Pursuit trap - creating an opening for Volcanion fun. It's also nice not dying to CM Clefable if it manages to catch you on the switch. Another small plus with using Bisharp is a deterrence to Defog.

This team isn't without it's flaws it has difficult times switching into Specs Raikou, opposing Bisharp, Double Dance Cobalion and lastly Nasty Plot Togekiss are all problematic. Raikou is a mind game trying to decide when it will HP Ice, Bisharp and Cobalion boil down to keeping Gliscor healthy (in the case of Cobalion - don't give it an opportunity to get to +2/+2 and Latias is also an effective check), and Togekiss is scared off by Bisharp and Scizor but I must stress the importance of not giving it the opportunity to get +2.

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
Hyper Offence featuring Dark Spam, Dragon Spam and Steel Spam. Gliscor is the perfect suicide lead + bulky pivot for the team, Taunt prevents opposing hazards & set up, and forces switches (giving you a free U-Turn). On this team I run enough speed for +ve base 90s and below seeing as I can beat lead Krookodile 1v1 with Hydreigon. I like to run Cobalion in the front spot to feign a lead set (lol like that actually works). Cobalion has excellent synergy with m-Sharpedo and clears the path for a late game sweep. I prefer to run Fightinium Z but I have heard some good things about Steelinium Z, main reason for the former is to dish out significant damage to bulky Ground and Water types. Hydreigon is just as amazing as it was in ORAS UU, literally nothing but Blissey and Mantine enjoy switching in, and if you sense that happening you can hit U-turn. Specs Draco nukes everything and Flash Cannon lures Fairy types for M-Sharpedo and Latias. Latias is the only answer to Keldeo, look after it! CM LO also functions as a wall breaker of sorts for the team, seeing as LO Psyshock has the potential to 2HKO Unaware Clefable after Rocks. Next up I run Choice Band Scizor, very straight forward - Quick Attack and the Speed IVs being the interesting points. In this case, I prefer Quick Attack because I can do more damage than Bullet Punch to Keldeo, Raikou, etc. The Speed IVs give me a guaranteed slower U-Turn versus opposing Scizor - it comes in handy early game. Lastly, I am running Sharpedo, which received a small boon in Psychic Fangs and the Mega Pokemon Speed buff this Gen, and if all has worked accordingly to plan, you should have been able to weaken everything for an easy m-Sharpedo sweep, if not you have CB Bullet Punch in the back.
I have plenty more WIPs, and will be back later to share. I'm excited to see how the SMUU metagame changes and progresses. See you all in the near future - Sparrow.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
Hi All - back again and so soon! SMUU has been a very fun tier to build in during its infant stages. The tier is still a jumble but now that everything is starting to clear up, I feel we're all starting to get a better idea of what is working in the current metagame. Today I only have one team but it's been fun to use and feats. around another Specs Dragon Type: Kyurem! In my recent inception into the Team Building Lab as a builder I decided to build around Specs Kyurem, despite Kushalos beating me to it, I feel like I've come up with an equally good team which shakes up the current metagame.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Raikou @ Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Beam
- Calm Mind
So I really wanted to build around Choice Specs Kyurem seeing as, like Hydreigon, I feel it is a very underrated threat atm. Kyurem is the teams main breaker and unlike Hydreigon it can afford to run coverage that allows it to beat switch ins such as Blissey, Empoleon & Snorlax - that being Focus Blast; whilst also covering current metagame behemoths such as Clefable with STAB Ice Beam. Hidden Power Fire is literally only there for Scizor, but it's also very nice for not missing Bisharp & Lucario. Moving on from Kyurem I wanted to use a Pokemon to threaten HO builds, something that was also very appreciative of fat mons being worn down. This is where CM Raikou comes in, recently I suggested a change in the VR to accommodate a shift in ranking to A+ for Raikou, CM Z-Hyper Beam Raikou is the reason why. Literally nothing on HO serves as an offensive check to this Pokemon bar M-Aerodactyl & Krookodile which can only RK. Next up the teams defensive back bone consists of Clefable, Scizor, Gliscor & Starmie. Funnily enough 3/4 of those Pokemon are also set up sweepers. Clefable is there for Stealth Rock, plus a nice answer to Dragons and half the tier in general. CM is nice on Clefable as it can also set up alongside Pokemon such as CM Raikou, and opposing Clefable - at the very least wasting all of their PP. Scizor serves as my check to M-Aerodactyl and is another answer to Dragon Types, U-Turn nets momentum and in this case I run Swords Dance, which allows this team to yet again threaten another sweep. Gliscor is the teams answer to opposing Stall builds, alongside Kyurem; stall isn't going to be having a fun day. Having an Electric & Ground immunity is very nice, Toxic allows Gliscor to beat Unaware stall, and SD allows Gliscor to bolster it's Attack stat, making it difficult to switch into. Lastly I am running Starmie as my hazard controller. I run this particular variant of Starmie because it is literally the only variant of spinner in UU that can effectively take on Scizor whilst also running a recovery move. Bulky Starmie can also take on Pokemon such as Bisharp, Krookodile & Amoonguss with Reflect Type. Sporting some handy resistances, Starmie also acts as a defensive pivot against Pokemon such as Keldeo, Cobalion, Klefki, Gliscor, Swampert & Volcanion.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll drop 2 teams I think are good with one of them being Stall and the other one being Bulky Offense.

/
/

This is quite a standard stall team that abuses 2 Unaware users in the form of Clefable + Quagsire to make it nearly impossible for a set-up sweeper to beat my team. The team also features a RegenCore of Alomomola + Amoonguss which nearly all UU stalls have. I then added Blissey as it's Blissey and almost always on stall teams while also providing Stealth Rocks and Cleric support not cm. Then the last mon can be either Mantine, SpDef Mandibuzz or Forretress I tried all three but I ended up using Mantine as it gives me a better way of Beating NP Luke while Forretress I didn't like as it made me lose to any form of Spiker + Ghost. The Clefable spread might be a bit outdated but it lives a non-boosted P-Jab after rocks from LO Adamant Haxorus. I don't have Scald on Mola as I already have two Scald users but if you switch to Forretress or Mandibuzz then I would advise you to use Scald. Te EV's on Mantine are made so I can live a Specs Keldeo's HP Electric after rocks. While I just used the old OU Ev's on Amoonguss. SubSD Dhelmise 6-0's.

Aids (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Tumor (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Cancer (Blissey) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Ebola (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off

Smallpox (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Stroke (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

So this team is built around a FightingSpam core of CB Bewear + NP Lucario which is focused on Lucario sweeping lategame when all of its checks are either gone or weakened from Bewears extremely poweful attacks. I then added RestTalk Primarina to work as a fire resist and also a fighting resist which both of my pokemon were weak to. After that I chose to add Bronzong as it covered all the weaknesses of the aforementioned mons except Primarina's electric weakness. I was then still feeling a bit fire weak as I only had 1 resist with 3 weaknesses so I added Bulky Aerodactyl-M to give me another resist while also providing Defog support. Latias was then added to abuse the fact I had 3 dark resists and I needed some sort of electric resist and speed control. Latias also gives my Lucario a 2nd chance of sweeping with Healing Wish. On top of this it also annoys stall with it being able to trick a scarf to one of the stall pokemon. I'm very weak to Ghostium-Z CM Raikou with the aim being to switch in to Bronzong as fast as possible then fire off an Earthquake and after that going to Aero to kill the Raikou.

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Moonblast

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

I really wanted to contribute something in the uu forum and a sample team seemed like a good place to start. This is a simple balanced offence team that helped me reach top 50 on the ladder.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald
- Earthquake

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Bewear @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Facade

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

I really wanted to use band scizor in a team when I saw it dropping to UU in the 7th Gen. I went with the bulky set because it can absorb hits quite well and more often than not I want to click bullet punch or u-turn out hence making speed quite redundant. It also allows me to switch in to attacks a bit more freely. I added pursuit primarily to eliminate Lati after absorbing a Draco(hope they don't carry hp fire) but it's also useful against other ghosts like gengar and decidueye or even slowking. Superpower is to seriously hurt them steel mons.
I felt Swampert synergised really well with zor as their 4x weaknesses is resisted by the other and it also provided me with the much needed electric immunity. I went with the standard stealth Rock set with roar also giving it a few evs in sp def.
As the team already had a u-turn user to generate momentum and pressure the opponent I added Raikou for the volt-turn combo. I went with specs for immediate power. Hp-ice is for the ground type switch-ins especially gliscor. The 4th move is a filler move and I ended up using extrasensory. Shadow ball is also an option and maybe a better one but I just want to click volt-turn on the non-ground mons instead of hurting them. Even then I can use this to hit Amoongus, Nidos and fighting type mons.
Latias is arguably the best offensive defogger in the tier right now and it's a great fit on the team too. It's no chum on the offensive side as Draco meteor with the life orb boost hits quite hard. The fact that it resists fire is an added bonus for scizor. It has decent bulk so it can take a few hits and roost increases its lifetime and heal of damage from the likes of keldeo and volcanion. The 4th move is either psychic or psyshock and I went with the latter to be able to target the def and sp def with the same mon.
I wanted another bulky Pokémon which also deals a lot of damage on the physical side. Bewear fit the bill perfectly. Thanks to fluffy it can absorb almost any contact move and coupled with band packs a mean punch. Facade is added to laugh at mew's burns while return and hammer arm are its standard stab attacks. Shadow claw to hit incoming ghosts.
I realised my team could almost always seriously dent the opponent's team but sometimes fail to completely kill it off. So in came sharpedo-mega to clean up the job. It's adamant for more power. Protect is to safely reach +1. Crunch and Waterfall are the stab attacks while psychic fangs gives it great overall coverage.

Threats:
Primarina: No switch-ins as no mon resists both it's stab hence making it a 50-50 switch risk. Can be pressured with Raikou though.
Hydreigon: Due it's coverage you never really know if it's safe to take its hits. BP does 60'ish so important to somehow bring it to that range.

The basic objective is to hurt the opponent as badly as possible and get it range for a bullet punch sweep or sharpedo mega clean-up. It performs reasonably well against all playstyles. Vs stall one will have to smartly use the volt-turn combo to pressure the opponent and make sure your rocks stay up get important chip damage. Overall I had fun using this team and hope it's the same for everyone!!

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-549242513
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-549458600

So I've been having quite some success with this team (rated over 1500), might as well share it,

HOish team with Heracross as the main wallbreaker protected from status after flame orb activates (great for killing Hippowdons and Gliscors). Banded Scizor and Infernape kinda act as the team's glue with their slow and fast pivoting, respectively, thus they hit really hard and have nice priority for revenge killing. Keldeo acts as the special wallbreaker; I decided to run Surf as I hate inaccurate moves and having both Icy Wind and HP Electric has proven quite useful for hitting Mantine and Latias on the switch. Latias as my defogger with some needed resistances and a little EV twerk with just enough speed investment to outspeed positive natured base 85's (Nidoking was what I had in mind) and some defense investment to take hits better, as I found the standard spread lacking bulk and dying more often than not before removing hazards. Finally Aerodactyl outspeeds the entire unscarfed meta, so is nice to have around hitting decently hard and revenge killing a lot of stuff. I opted for Adamant on Aero with just enough EVs to outspeed positive natured 130's, with some little extra bulk and power for taking priority and resisted hits better while also dealing more damage at the expense of being outsped by other Aerodactyls.

Heracross (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Latias @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 96 Def / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 4 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Hone Claws

Last edited:

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Solid balance team here. It's fairly standard, except for the Z-Shadow Ball Raikou set that sees surprisingly low usage. There really isn't much to say about the team and I'm too lazy to provide a description for every member. Basically you need to play this team by adapting to your opponent, either making agressive plays and double switches with Scizor and Primarina against stallish builds, or pivoting into resisted hits with your tanky mons and making good trades against more offensive teams, until you can revenge kill stuff with AoA Mega Aerodactyl and open the way for a Raikou sweep.

sparrow

kacaw

Blissey Offence
Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Blissey @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Toxic

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 120 HP / 172 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Acid Spray
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
I am aware this team looks janky as hell, but hear me out! This team works on an offensive core of Hawlucha & Crawdaunt; in short Daunt smashes the opposing team ruining Stall & Balance, and Hawlucha is one of the best late game sweepers taking on most variants of offence. I got the idea of z-Crawdaunt from an old pal; (Ark) he aptly explains its effectiveness here. So what threatens these two Pokemon? Why Raikou of course! I decided to slap on Blissey as a Stealth Rock user and Counter extraordinaire. Most UU mains should know how bad Counter Blissey is but it works... Scizor clicks U-turn? Something dies; the opponent has a fighting type in against Blissey? Chople activates... and Counter. Yes Blissey is incredibly effective at what it does for this team - that is a special sponge that also removes powerful physical attackers. Next up I felt that Gliscor would sit well defensively for the team, I wanted to further explore a set I had used before, proving to be incredibly effective once its checks and counters have been removed. Furthermore SpD Gliscor 1v1s threats such as Latias, Hydreigon, Cobalion, Bulky Scizor, Clefable, Mantine, Swampert and most variants of Stall. So next up I needed something to control hazards and scare away Keldeo. Tentacruel is a great pivot, Toxic Spikes racks up damage, and it's EV'd to do something; Hydro Pump KOs Nidoking, Krookodile, Nidoqueen (after some chip) and 2hkos opposing SpD Gliscor. Lastly, I decided to run M-Absol in the back, Fire Blast is only there because I felt Iron Tail was a tad redundant. Fire Blast nets KOs on Scizor & Forretress whilst also hitting Cobalion for decent damage. M-Absol is also a decent trapper with Pursuit; and Sucker Punch brings some more priority to the team.

On paper, this team seems weak to Keldeo but in practice it features the required pivots in a core consisting of Gliscor, Tentacruel and Blissey; allowing it to be played around. Keldeo is worn down quite quickly between rocks and tspikes and due to the offensive nature of this team it struggles to find a free switch in. Faster threats such as m-Aerodactly are worn down by rocks, threatened by Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet, and they struggle to find free turns for set up.

I would define this team as anti meta, it's incredibly easy to use, and features some lesser used threats. I've had a lot of success with this team on the ladder and if players are looking to use something new and different, give this team a whirl.

Last edited:

sparrow

kacaw
more raikou, before m-lix drops. sorry aquadext yet another ghostium-z move set too. decided to take a more offensive approach than balance.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Toxic

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang
- Pursuit

Z-Raikou is good atm, lets abuse it before m-Lix drops. Nice core of prima + gliscor, included a check to toge in raikou, coba ensured I didn't get pumped by both sharps (also checks maero and lures nidos for the first three mons), since i have defog lati (which is for keldeo), lastly Fire Fang on m-Aero is a decent lure to Sciz. Aquadext, let me know if you would like a better description on sets.

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Explosion

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Destiny Bond
Decent HO with Crawdaunt to bust through Cobalion and Aerodactyl checks early game. 4 attack Starmie is a neat option, especially with HP Fire to KO Scizor that expect to revenge kill you; nothing but Blissey switches into this set safely. Cobalion could be Hawlucha but that makes Sharpedo a bit more difficult, although it can be revenged with Gengar or Hydro Vortex.
Slowbro @ Waterium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 176 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Roost
Balance team with Spikes, Specs Keldeo to abuse those, and CM Slowbro which is an excellent and difficult to KO sweeper, especially with Waternium which lets it easily shrug off stuff like Bisharp. This team's pretty good against stall cause it can keep Spikes up rather easily and use Keldeo + Togekiss.
Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 60 SpD / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Mirror Coat

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
Team with mixed Infernape which puts in a ton of work against any balance team without something like Mantine. I hate AV Bisharp and LO kinda struggles to trap Latias, so i used Scarf to do that better and also kill stuff like Gengar and Starmie (and Alakazam at the time). Next three are typical balance Pokemon, used Swampert to weaken/KO CM Clefable on an expected Roar to help Mega Sharpedo, who is obviously a fantastic cleaner that benefits from Infernape.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Protect
- Psychic Fangs

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Bog standard Shark Spikes HO with a couple twists. Lass / Bish / Shark is the cookie cutter hazard stacking + Dark spam core, and everyone else is meant to keep Spikes up and abuse the hell out of them whilst supporting a late-game Sharpedo sweep. Sash Rocks Bish is a bit weird, but I couldn't really fit Rocks anywhere else, and it works wonders on this team. Being able to get Rocks up versus the likes of M-Aero and Krook is immensely useful, as is Bisharp's unrivaled ability to pressure hazard removers. Sash usually isn't that hard to keep intact unless you're facing opposing HO with a suicide lead, so you have a lot of liberty early- to mid-game in how you want to apply pressure with it. Sharpedo is Sharpedo. Raikou and Latias are my CM spam core, and the two main wallbreakers on the team. CM Raikou with Z Shadow Ball is absolutely gross, and doesn't get nearly as much usage as it should. It acts as my backup wincon if Shark doesn't have a good chance of winning, and backup Speed control if Nape isn't enough. Versus slower mons, BoltBeam + Ghost coverage coming off of 115 SpAtk and Speed is pretty much universally threatening, and Raikou's bulk and Speed let it set up versus a good number of things, even living Nidoking's Earth Power from full at +1 if need be. Latias is my second CM user, my primary Water and Fire resist, and my go-to stallbreaker. The lack of Roost can be troublesome in longer games, but her STAB's + HP Fire + Spikes is usually enough to break through standard cores if you play smart. I've used Tbolt on occasion to stop Empoleon from Defogging, but I've found that playing aggressively around it picks up the slack just fine, allowing me the freedom to run coverage for Sciz / Forry. Scarf Nape is the offensive glue, revenging a number of massive nuisances for this team, namely M-Shark and other Scarfers (Hydreigon and Krookodile in particular are a pain for my other 5). Iron Fist is used over Blaze mostly so less prior damage is needed on M-Shark in order to KO it with Mach Punch (54 - 64% vs. 64.7 - 76.8%), giving it a good chance to kill after a Sucker Punch from Bisharp.
- Only Bisharp lets Cobalion set up, but that means you're never getting Rocks up as long as it's around. If you let it in for free, you have to predict correctly to get an offensive check in, since this team lacks a good Fighting resist. If it gets +2 +2 and you don't have Froslass' Sash to burn it, click X.
- Glisc is immune to Spikes + I have no good Ground resist, so it can be a massive pain to wear down. Generally I'm forced to stay in versus it then revenge with one of Raikou, Lati, or Shark afterwards.
- Threatening to HO by nature, M-Aero can revenge either of my CM users, gutting the team's fat-killing potential. This is particularly annoying against stall, since then I have to rely much more heavily on hazards to wear down things like Blissey, Alomomola, and Gliscor. My general line of defense early-game is spending Bisharp's Sash to get up Rocks then Sucker if it stays in, which puts it in range of Nape's CC (64.1 - 75.7%).
- Zero switch-ins; have to revenge with one of Bisharp or Nape. I'm forced to sack something every time this thing comes in. Thankfully, it's really easy to wear down between hazards and LO. Bulky Starmie is a non-issue.
- Scarf Gengar outspeeds my entire team + I have no good Ghost resist. Bish can beat it 1v1 if its Sash is intact and I can beat it with Raikou if I keep it healthy, but opposing Gengar nonetheless have a pretty clear cut path to just winning versus me if you're not careful.

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Bewear @ Choice Band
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 80 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Scald

Scizor @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Posting this so I'm motivated to build again. But anyway, this is nice little balance squad I've been using the past couple of weeks featuring Choice Banded Bewear. I wouldn't really call the set standard, but running Superpower for the extra power (plus it usually doesn't stay in for more than 1 turn anyway) as well as Facade to drop a nuke for whenever people decide to lay TSpikes down or try to Scald burn it. Decided to add a nice glue with Slowking and Scizor, effectively giving me checks to the likes of Clefable, Keldeo, Mega Aerodactyl, Cobalion, and some other balance breakers being run atm. Swampert and PhysDef Togekiss gives me another nice glue (and also Stealth Rock + Defog) to check Raikou and things like fighters and Mega Sharpedo. I've also played around with SpDef toge to help with things like Mega Blastoise so that's an option as well. Lastly, Hydreigon is there as a form of speed control, as the team is pretty damn slow without it lmao. Enjoy :toast:

Tirishia

Banned deucer.
Long time no see. I made a team. Then I made six more teams based off the original. My inspiration came from Aquadext 's Pedoflame's Ho which featured the offensive combo of mega sharpedo and z-move talonflame. Click on the names of the teams to import.
(Music)

Speed Wings Offence 1.0 _Original

Speed Wings sounds like a fast food restaurant but I wanted to be original. The team consists of the basics: hazards, hazard removal, set up sweepers, dragon immunity, electric immunity, and late game sweepers. Version 4.0 is the only one that lacks this consistency and I consider it to be one of the most effective of the bunch. Sharpedo and talonflame are the star players. Contrary to pedoflames, however, talonflame is not here for the late game sweep, but rather to wear down the opposing team for a sharpedo sweep. About 80% of my wins end with sharpedo.

Version 1.0 focuses on setting up hazards and keeping them up by constant offensive pressure. My spinner is able to hit all ghost type pokemon very hard on the switch which makes it a fabulous spinner. This is very important so talonflame can do its job properly. The lack of initial priority can be game determining. Klefki has priority t-wave for aero which otherwise can run through this team quite easily. My offensive stealth rocker in the form of nidoking has the speed to set up rocks before fainting and the move pool to scare off hazard removal. My alternate set up sweeper is celebi. It has the typing the team needed to be complete.

Speed Wings Offence 2.0 _Trap Stack

Trap stack is a bit more conservative than the original to prevent the likely hood of being counter-swept. Same goal as the original; set up hazards and get the late game clean. Krookodile traps dangerous special wall breakers while also knocking out spin blockers making mind games easier. Initmidate is an incredible tool to prevent a bad situation. Krookodile brings about some problems. Mandibuzz rolls all over this team. Celebi has dazzling gleam in this version to help wear it down for sharpedo's ice fang.

Speed Wings Offence 3.0 _Water Spam

Water spam changes up the jobs in order to have one of this tiers best wall breakers, Primarina. Basically if you keep hitting water resists with water moves, something gives. Spikes were given up in order to have Krookodile as a scarf trapper rather than a hazard layer. This seams like a much more natural role for krookodile in this generation.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557160513

Speed Wings Bulky Offence 4.0 _Slow Stack

Slow stack is my favorite of these. With all the great defensive support the sweepers get, it seems like it always has a great match up. Chesnaught can take psychic fangs from sharpedo with ease and heal up on the same turn. Empoleon keeps hazards under control since it can switch into most special threats. A new set up sweeper was chosen in the form of slowking. This pokemon has great defensive synergy and sweep potential.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557121899
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557244140

Speed Wings Offence 5.0 _Pivot Stack

Pivot stack switches up the roles again. Krookodile reverts back to a hazard layer with some more offensive potential added to it. Tsareena has rapid spin and surprising good defensive capabilities. It also acts as a great bulky pivot, making switches less risky. The key fairy comes back as a dark resist better than sharpedo is needed.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557717546

Speed Wings Offence 6.0 _Sand Chip

Sand chip uses hippowdon's ability to wear down opposing teams for a late game sweep. Keldeo is a fantastic addition to this team because of the revenge killing potential is possesses. It doesn't take much to put the other team's pokemon under 75% health. At that point, sharpedo takes over or provides enough damage for something else to clean up.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557596599
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557605960

Speed Wings Bulky Offence 7.0 _Bird Spam

Bird spam is my stall killer. Sand, spikes, rocks, taunt, whirlwind, toxic, air slash flinches, heal bell, etc. Togekiss is, of course, running that bulky set up sweeper set that is VERY good. People seem to think cobalion and scizor are flying resists, so this type of team plows through a lot of balance teams that are not prepared. The addition of a pokemon with heal bell alone is a huge plus.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-557620347

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)