SM UU Simple Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I was looking up usage stats and viability rankings for UU, and found the usage stats for February: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-02/uu-1760.txt and the viability ranking thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-viability-ranking-thread.3595093/

I wanted to know if one of those is incorrect or outdated because I see that the top 3 in usage rankings are all either not on the tier list or are in D rank. Does anyone know why this is?

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am very new to the scene so I don't know much. Sorry for any ignorance.
You appear to have gotten a set of usage stats which is from gen 6.

These are the latest 1630 usage stats from smuu: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-02/gen7uu-1630.txt

EDIT: Also, don't worry about it. Welcome to UU! :)

This feels like OrAs UU wierdly enough... Although I'm not sure why MAggron is top, maybe it was during a stally meta?

I'm pretty confused, myself but I'm pretty sure it's OrAs UU, as it lacks some of the more prominent SuMo UU Pokémon such as Primarina or Tsareena.

Is there going to be a specific thread for the UUPL replays? Searching for them by name can be a pain and sometimes the player won't be using their forum name as well.

Is there going to be a specific thread for the UUPL replays? Searching for them by name can be a pain and sometimes the player won't be using their forum name as well.
We'll have a replays archive soon, don't worry.

Why is darmanitan so bad? Is it because there is no reason to use it over entei or infernape?
Pretty much no reason to use it over other Fire-types. If it has any niche, it's that it hits far harder than them unboosted, but I'm getting less convinced that that's relevant as the meta evolves.

We'll have a replays archive soon, don't worry.

Pretty much no reason to use it over other Fire-types. If it has any niche, it's that it hits far harder than them unboosted, but I'm getting less convinced that that's relevant as the meta evolves.
Darmanitan has 140 Attack and Sheer Force. I'm shocked that it's not used a lot considering it was used a lot in ORAS UU, and Entei and Infernape were in that tier last gen as well

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Darmanitan has 140 Attack and Sheer Force. I'm shocked that it's not used a lot considering it was used a lot in ORAS UU, and Entei and Infernape were in that tier last gen as well
Well, it's not really fair to draw comparisons between the impact Darm had in one generational tier and the influence it had in another. Sure, it's still somewhat usable in SM UU, however it's a lot less effective since there are more defensive options to nullify it, such as Hippowdon. This is just a prime example of the power creep that strikes tiers at the beginning of each new generation; sometimes it's just more worthwhile to stick to the more viable options the tier has to offer instead of using something that's subpar on paper.

Infernape had and has about ten different sets that are all equally viable both special and physical, whereas Entei's main stab doesn't kill itself every time it's used, while it also has priority which rips apart weakened teams.

What's the comparison again?

Fighting a terrakion on uu ladder... Have I just never noticed it before? Or is this some glitch?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/underused-tiering.3592197/
This is UU's Tiering System. We are doing what's called "kokoloko system", which suspects every banned Pokemon. Kokoloko, ex-UU Tier Leader, created this method during BW iirc and kept using it until early ORAS. The council decided to suspect Terrakion this time, and only the UU Council (and other three rotating council members) are going to vote. You can find better info by reading what's in the link above.

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a devil of a time trying to fit Pyukumuku on a team in this tier. How does this thing work without a pivoting move?
I don't have much experience using Pyukumuku, but I believe it does get Baton Pass. It's still massive Taunt bait though.
Baton Pass is banned in UU, so that's not an option, I've seen it effectively used on stall as an Unaware wall with Soak + Toxic. Yes, it's completely shut down by Taunt. Please see this team for reference.

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Would like to know what are the sets and spreads for Mandibuzz in 7th Gen UU ? Thanks in advance for the help, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)