Smogon Fantasy Basketball '15-'16

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I apologize for the delay, but the keeper league has been renewed! Anyone who participated last year should have an invite and can just go to the main Yahoo fantasy basketball page and click on "Accept Invite" for the league.

So far I am missing confirmation from 5 people (Chaser, darkie, VarunR, Dubulous, and I'm guessing Ortheore). I will try to follow up with them if they are returning, otherwise then look for replacements.

Keeper league rules:

1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year.
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years. If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
Note: Last year's draft can be found here.

For returning teams: You can choose your keepers from the "Choose Keepers" section under "My Team". The deadline to choose keepers manually is Friday, October 23. This is to allow me time to approve keepers, make changes and give us flexibility on draft time. For this year, pay special attention to the last rule!

I currently have a tentative draft time of Saturday, October 24 8PM EST (-4 GMT). Sunday could be another option. I know this is soon, so we can also skip Week 1 and draft during that time.

As for the standard league, if there is interest I can renew it (I'd be down for roto this year!). Has one been created yet Stallion?
biggie

You'd have to be blind or just not paying attention to not see posts about keepers plastered all throughout this thread... Additionally, if you review the league settings on the league home page as you should in every league you join, you'd see it there too.

But who really cares at this point, looks like AD's gonna be added back to biggie's roster.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You'd have to be blind or just not paying attention to not see posts about keepers plastered all throughout this thread... Additionally, if you review the league settings on the league home page as you should in every league you join, you'd see it there too.

But who really cares at this point, looks like AD's gonna be added back to biggie's roster.
What about the category points he got from having Beasley in his lineup? Surely they should then be revoked? If he's going to have his monumental fuck up undone, at the very least he shouldn't be even slightly benefitting from it

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What about the category points he got from having Beasley in his lineup? Surely they should then be revoked? If he's going to have his monumental fuck up undone, at the very least he shouldn't be even slightly benefitting from it
In what way did I benefit from it when I'm in 8th place? I just checked the league and it seems like you're the one who picked him up, which explains why you seem so upset by this. I know I didn't keep any players from last year, so I didn't think it was a keeper league. I primarily use the app, which doesn't show "keeper league" plastered anywhere. It was an honest mistake, something that I've corrected for people in the baseball league. But if it's going to be this big of a deal and you guys are that salty about it then whatever.

This is using the app under "League Settings." If nothing else use it as an FYI in the future.

Nobody's salty, just admit your mistake and move on man.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

This is using the app under "League Settings." If nothing else use it as an FYI in the future.

Nobody's salty, just admit your mistake and move on man.
I don't know about you, but I don't make it a habit of checking my league's settings midway through the season. All I was saying is that I did not have any keepers from last year and no where in the league name or on the front page of the app does it mention 'keeper', so I did not think it was a keeper league. Outside of this, I did admit my mistake already.

This seems pretty salty to me, fwiw.

Hey, people forget things. Just last night I forgot to undo the move >.>

So here are the options:

1. I undo both Stallion's move and then biggie's move. One is currently in "Bye" week and the other out of the playoffs, so stats during this period have no consequence. This also means resetting Waiver Priority. (Personally I have no idea why you added Davis since I think you have a good chance to win this year)
  2. I do nothing and the move stays.
Option #1 is the one I will probably do. It is a move that affects the whole league, and seems like a honest mistake. And I will definitely look into adding a rule next year where a player must be on a roster for a certain period of time to be considered a keeper player for that team.

Stallion

Tree Young
Hey, people forget things. Just last night I forgot to undo the move >.>

So here are the options:

1. I undo both Stallion's move and then biggie's move. One is currently in "Bye" week and the other out of the playoffs, so stats during this period have no consequence. This also means resetting Waiver Priority. (Personally I have no idea why you added Davis since I think you have a good chance to win this year)
  2. I do nothing and the move stays.
Option #1 is the one I will probably do. It is a move that affects the whole league, and seems like a honest mistake. And I will definitely look into adding a rule next year where a player must be on a roster for a certain period of time to be considered a keeper player for that team.
Didn't realize that biggie was out of the playoffs. He has historically been a good player, so I assumed without checking that his Beasley stats DID have an impact on this seasons outcome. I'm happy with you undoing the move as long as you give me my waiver priority (it was 7) back, I get that it was an honest mistake but in the case of you saying "tough luck", snagging Davis was too big an opportunity.

No problem! Changes have been made and all shall be good.

Let the playoffs continue!

btw, biggie, your team looks like a hospital hahah

Stallion

Tree Young
Bet Stall is relieved he got Turner back after he dropped that massive line
A little. I'd still rather Davis in the long run and Turner is my worst big (although tbh I tried to drop Deng over him, I don't even know what happened), but MT gives me a bigger chance this season to knock you off.

Stallion

Tree Young
B2B in Smogon by .002% and champion in my dynasty thanks to Curry's magical performance. gg Stallion. At least you're $1000 richer lol
Just to clarify for non leaguers, he's also thanking Seth Curry for going 3-18 from the field for me. Fuck you Seth.

GG Del Rio. I won $1000 in my other league so I can't be too mad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)