Smogon Fantasy Basketball '17-'18

Aaaand we're back! Apologies for the delay, but at least I now have mostly-reliable cell phone coverage where I live (still no power though, but we're managing!).

The re-draft league is up and being managed by Del Rio.

Keeper league is also up. I will be needing confirmation from everyone that participated last season as soon as possible if they are participating again. Stallion, trikx_insane, cbt, Del Rio, Ghost_Chill, Lakers, darkie, biggie, Scofield, suapah

Anyone interested in participating in either of the leagues can post here and we'll let you know if there is room.

Keepper League info

Here are the rules.
  1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1. Lets call this the Keeper Value.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year. (Keeper Value = 5)
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year. Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years (lets call this the Keeper Contract). If the players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.
  7. NEW: The Keeper Contract (i.e. the amount of time a team can keep a player) will transfer when a trade is made.
    Example: Team X has kept J.J. Barea for 1 year. Team X trades him to Team Y. Team Y can only keep him one more year.
  8. NEW: The Keeper Contract is removed/reset if a player is dropped at any point.

I'll try to organize the rules a bit better later, but for now, let me know if you have any questions. Now is also the time to make suggestions and further revise the rules if needed.

Keeper players can be set in the league page by each manager. The deadline to set keeper players is Thursday, October 12.

The draft is currently set for Friday, October 13 at 8PM (-4 GMT, I think, check league page). Another option would be Saturday October 14, either before or after the re-draft league draft.

Last year's draft can be accessed here.

in

For those still interested in redraft: currently all spots are accounted for, and we have one person as backup, but if one more person posts here expressing interest then I will open the possibility of expanding to 14 teams.

Also, the redraft league draft has been scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 14th at 7PM CDT for a couple weeks now. So if there's any issues with this time/date let me know asap.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Defending champion is back for keepers. I need a Saturday draft time in EST cause Sundays work best for me.

Keepers are:

Gordon Hayward - 3rd round
Evan Fournier - 12th round
Wilson Chandler - 13th round

(definitely sacrificed my keepers for a title last year).

Del Rio that time is great for me.

Last edited:
In to come back. Also, if someone really wants in that league I'd be down to add a co-owner. Love the comradery, but if not Ill be checking it regularly. I'll post my keepers later today

In (coming back).
Tanked last year ready to win this year ^_^
Aghhh still pains me to have traded you Gobert

That core + guys returning to the pool for most managers means you've got a pretty good window this year at the very least

suapah

stfu anime pfp
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Ya i mean you did it to win the championship that year.
but i mean a core of giannis/gobert/booker (or nurk idk yet) and keep my 1/2/3 rounders seems hella nice to me ^_^

Back again for keepers. I will update my post with keepers a little later.

Edit:
Kevin Durant
Nikola Jokic
Ricky Rubio

Sorry without power in PR, so I don't remember which rounds they were in. I just remember they were good. :-)

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ya i mean you did it to win the championship that year.
but i mean a core of giannis/gobert/booker (or nurk idk yet) and keep my 1/2/3 rounders seems hella nice to me ^_^
How bad will you feel 1-10 if I sacrificed my keepers last year for glory and victory, only to beat you again this year with your stacked keepers? Draft wisely young blood.

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Neither of the current draft times will work well for me, 2-3 hours later or earlier on either day would be far more ideal for my schedule.

Gonna give everybody their draft slots for redraft so they can start prep

(1) Big Baller Brand
(2) Dimebag Whores
(3) Beasley's Angels
(4) One Man Fast Break
(5) We The North
(6) trikx
(7) Kevin Gaaaaaaaarnett
(8) KawhiMVP
(9) OMGWTFBBQ
(10) Harden the fuck up
(11) SilverKnights
(12) MonSTARS

EDIT: You can trade draft slots with one another. Both parties need to let me know of the swap however.

Last edited:
Changed draft time to Satruday, 2 and a half hours before the re-draft league draft. The other option could be a few hours after the re-draft league.

I need an invite to the league. Just got fucking home and I know the draft is starting like now. Fuck me if I autodraft might just drop out. Mizuno halp

Edit I"m also on Discord but seeing as my phone is fucked right now I need a re-invite to that as well, Well I can't log into my yahoo email from this pc because I don't have a phone to receive their goddamn confirmation code. Fuck Yahoo forever. They're getting an atrocious complaint from me as soon as I get a replacement phone. Someone else can take my team. Don't want an autodrafted basketball team. TRASH

Last edited:
I need an invite to the league. Just got fucking home and I know the draft is starting like now. Fuck me if I autodraft might just drop out. Mizuno halp

Edit I"m also on Discord but seeing as my phone is fucked right now I need a re-invite to that as well, Well I can't log into my yahoo email from this pc because I don't have a phone to receive their goddamn confirmation code. Fuck Yahoo forever. They're getting an atrocious complaint from me as soon as I get a replacement phone. Someone else can take my team. Don't want an autodrafted basketball team. TRASH
Fuck almighty dude calm down. Keeper league draft got postponed until tomorrow at 4:30 Central

Randombobman, if one more person doesn't confirm in the next few hours, there will be an open spot. Message me when you get a chance; I'll try to be online as much as possible today.

We will probably be running with 10 teams this year unless we get some last minute sign ins.

Lakers, I don't see your keepers set! Let me know as soon as possible who your keepers are.

Well it could be later tonight, after the re-draft league draft, but would need to hear from everyone else to see if the later time is ok.

Ok, I have received enough feedback to change the draft time to 8:45 EST. Three people can't at the earlier time, 2 don't mind the change (1 if it wasn't too late), and most of the others are in the re-draft league right before the new time. Hopefully this is enough time for those who are in the re-draft league to finish the draft (myself included).

I won't be changing it any more since now I need to setup draft order (will be posted soon) and keepers.

suapah, cbt, trikx_insane, Stallion, Del Rio, Ghost_Chill, Lakers, Scofield, biggie

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Mizuno did you set the right time...it's currently set at 9:45 pm EST...

I thought there was a new rule where a player needed to be on a team X amount of time in order to be retained?

Sorry for being absent in the thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)