Smogon PlayTCG Tournament #9 - Interest thread

I have a few things in mind and I'd like input from people who would join which they'd find the most fun. This is not a sign-up thread yet.

1. Singleton tournament
You can only use each card once, except for Basic Energy cards. So only 1 Tynamo, 1 Eelektrik, 1 Thundurus, 1 Zekrom, 1 Mewtwo EX, etc. I think it'd be coolest if this were DP-On to give the most options for deck building. Not intended to be overly competitive, just having a laugh.

2. DP-on tournament
Because DP-on cards are in PlayTCG and I want to make use of them. Other than some vague Battle Carnival results, nobody has any clue what this is like, so it should be good fun. Enjoy your Machamp SF. Would use old TSS rules.

3. BW-on tournament
To practice for the upcoming format. I'm not a fan of using proxies though so unless you guys really want to play with speculated Dragons Exalted proxies on PlayTCG I'd prefer to make this a limbo metagame tournament (BW-DEX).

Comments? Suggestions?

I like BW-DEX or DP-on; I feel more prepared for BW-DEX but DP-on would be more hilarious. I'd play in any of them although I would not spend much time on a singleton deck honestly.

We should do Unlimited!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!!!!![/SARCASM]

Personally, I prefer Redshark.

Also, BLW-DRX is probably the best format to use due to the fact that it'll be out before the official BW-on format begins.

So when do you think this might get started? I count the votes at 6:3:2 atm for BW-DEX:Singleton:DP-on.

I think I am more ready to do this now. Should be able to play.

I'd prefer not play an imaginary format that has an even smaller card pool than actual rotation but if that's what everyone else wants then I guess I'll go along with it.

"150" is not a good format idea. Aso Redshark is not viable because almost nobody left has ever used it/likes using it.

I like Redshark for Unlimited and for testing future formats; otherwise, I would gladly use PTCG.

Also, 150 is actually a lot of fun, I recommend playing it when you have some spare time to try it.

My vote still stays at BW-DRX though.

I'm not sure if I want to run this at the same time as Huy's tournament on NuggetBridge (which will start sometime soon since Worlds is over). I suppose it doesn't matter too much, who minds playing two tournaments anyway? =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)