Smogon Premier League VII - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

edit1: cancelling this sub if i'm allowed to

edit2:

+Nails: you here?
&Jirachee: hello
+Nails: need an official td opinion
+Nails: i subbed cicada in for stath
+Nails: and stath showed up 2 mins later
+Nails: can i undo that sub
+Nails: steve said he's ok with it
&Jirachee: raiders did it in spl and it was fine
+Nails: ok, steve said he has to leave in 10 mins
+Nails: like
+Nails: has to start in 10 mins*
+Nails: so i'm counting that as an official td opinion
&Jirachee: that sounds ok to me
&Jirachee: ask ciele too

edit3:

[3:13:53 PM] Tim: yes
[3:13:59 PM] Tim: i m fine with playing vs stath
[3:14:00 PM] Tim: dont worry

Last edited:

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
weirdly my two fave sets this SPL have both come from UU

kokoloko (Gyarados) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

pokeaim (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 68 HP / 188 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Ice Shard

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
________________/\____\o/________
___________________/\_\o/________
_______________________/\________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!__________

See whoever in the finals, GGs Wolfpack.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
_______/\_____________\o/________
____________/\________\o/________
________________/\____\o/________
___________________/\_\o/________
_______________________/\________
_________SHARK ATTACK!!!__________

won in a gg

good series wolfpack, i know how hard you guys worked to get to the semis and you put together a great team. wolfpack was the #2 team i wanted to be on after sharks so the least i could do was do the honor of getting the 7th win. no shame losing to the spl season 7 champions

SHARK ATTACK

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
rip wolves

Been saving this post until the end of the Wolves' run instead of the end of the Bigs' run.

I wasn't on the wolves, but I have been in their channel since after I played leftiez week 5. I have a boatload of respect for Nails and Pearl - you dudes did one hell of a job managing a team that everyone was questioning post-auction and you had to make a lot of tough decisions to make it this far - you guys should be doing anything BUT hanging your heads after that loss regardless of the fact that you aren't walking away with a trophy. Also, all of the players on your team deserve props, too, because you all were dedicated and outdid the whole communities' expectations. I hope to end up in some channel or on some team with a lot of you again in the future because you all seemed to have a lot of fun and be a productive bunch - good stuff friends.

As for the Bigs, I gotta say that we really underachieved when you look at the results and you look at all the players we had. I still think we had a winning roster and did a lot of good work in terms of prep and even battling, but some things didn't go our way and we made our own fair share of mistakes. Not going to do personal shoutouts (although I do intend to speak to some people on IRC in the near future), but I'm proud of a lot of our newer players who proved their worth to the community and I am happy with our management regardless of the results. Good stuff friends, just wasn't our year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)