Smogon Premier League VII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ORAS OU playerbase is much bigger than other tiers, so it's understandable if you don't get picked for SPL based on your potential rather than proving some success in tours (which he has done btw, OLT). So yeah just thought you, a player who's successful in a tier that has a much smaller playerbase, should know before you try making fun of others in a situation that doesn't even concern you, just so that your dick gets pleased.

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The ORAS OU playerbase is much bigger than other tiers, so it's understandable if you don't get picked for SPL based on your potential rather than proving some success in tours (which he has done btw, OLT). So yeah just thought you, a player who's successful in a tier that has a much smaller playerbase, should know before you try making fun of others in a situation that doesn't even concern you, just so that your dick gets pleased.

???

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
A message to Analytic and all the people looking to be picked up midseason. Go on IRC and start kissing everyone's (the managers, assistant players, and all the players on their roster) butt cheeks. Get your name known in a "positive" way. Similarly, start clicking LIKE on everything they say on here even though they're mostly garbage. I promise you'll be "one of the guys" in no time.

Start doing it now if you wanna increase your chances of getting drafted come midseason. You are not me, so you have to do what needs to done. Good luck.

gg dude, was a lot of fun. me n conflict goin head-to-head for most off-point #1 power ranking spot, heh

e: turns out conflict won this week and i just skimmed, so looks like i'm leading the pack. no offense meant / take that dood :p

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Lost, I'm fucking garbage at this game.

RE: Luck

I'm not going to complain but people were dumping all over me in PO chat once it got to the point where everyone realized I was actually going to lose. People think I got lucky because I crit FPed his Snorlax with mine early in the match and nobody would let it go. Yeah, at that point I was just like "pkmn." And I was +1 as he switched into me anyway, so I still had a noticeable advantage in the matchup although maybe I don't immediately kill him.

Lost in that one thing is alllllllllllllllllllllll the other little shit that didn't go my way. I had Misdreavus set up with the Perish Song, Raikou asleep and just killed Skarm with Thunder. All I had to do was hit the 50/50 Protect on Roar and Zapdos runs train at that point. I didn't get it, would've won the game on that. I froze Umbreon once with my entire reserve of Ice Beam PP; it instantly defrosted anyway. That was after I had it dead to rights just after that Snorlax KO, where I was boosted and had it slept with Nidoking previously: it Sleep Talked Charm first turn and then Rested, else I just win the game on that. When I was ready to Explode Exeggutor on Raikou, it PAR + FPed me and I lost my window there. I win the game if I blow up Raikou too. Don't see anybody placating me for that shit! Fuck you haters. (I also chickened out of a Thunder KO on Starmie with Nidoking that also would've won me the game. Not luck, because I didn't try, but let's face it I would've fucking missed if I had. I mean, that's why I didn't try and all...)

As I said, I can't complain after that Snorlax thing but let's not act as if RNG was massively in my favor. As far as actual game impact, I could argue I got less lucky due to when that one major thing in my favor happened, I was in an advantageous position anyway. (Full HP Snorlax vs 30% Snorlax, both +1. At best I don't crit/FP the second time too, he Rests and I have more shots to boost/crit if I don't switch out to Missy.) The smaller things that all went Colconero's way and each time he was in a disadvantageous position and got lucky, even if it was less "lucky" by the numbers it saved him from outright losing the game.

Well played in the end though, Colch. Kudos for not giving up I guess. I really didn't think Rapid Spinning after I already have half your team dead would've mattered, but 150 turns later it proved to be so.

Deepest apologies to my team for being total shit, except rey because fuck him. Hope my fortunes begin to turn around next week. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)