Smogon Premier League VII - Week 9 (read post #313)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoulWind is one of my closest brothers on this forum. I always knew the day would come where me and him would get matched up in a high stakes game. I think highly of you as a person and a player. Lets make this a good one.

That being said, I'm a very scary person when I want to win big boy. I'm ready to play whenever, infact lets do this in the next 15 hours.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
remember when cryos benched the player with the best spl record to have sweep dpp against soulwind

abr 60/40 geemick
soulwind 45/55 sweep
tiba 65/35 lutra

Finally, Nails and SilentVerse, you two will always be two of the best guys I've met here. Thanks for keeping me afloat with mons all these years, love ya both :')
confirming sv is a cute user. love ya too, can't wait to hang out for a week at worlds n_n

ORAS OU: ABR vs GeeMick - ABR was a bit lucky this season but in my opinion he's both a pretty solid builder and player so I think he'll take that one.
DPP OU: SoulWind vs Sweepage - This looks like an incredible close and good battle. Can't pick a winner here but gl to both.
RBY OU: Tiba vs Lutra - Both are very solid and experienced RBY players but I see Tiba still a bit in front here. Can really go either way tho.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ORAS OU: ABR vs GeeMick - ℊℊmick
DPP OU: SoulWind vs Sweepage - It'll depend on the quality of SW's preparation, as Sweep is kind of a monodimensional player
RBY OU: Tiba vs Lutra - Went with that dude with a 26-4 record or something

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
abr and tiba... can't pick between soulwind and sweep but i don't think it'll matter anyway. sweep has a stronger dpp background but that doesn't mean that much, soulwind is well versed and a good teambuilder and player

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm new to SPL but I agree on choosing DPP instead of UU or RU for that matter. Teal6 and Scythe. are extremely good players and will probably win but the stakes and thus the pressure is much higher now. I think the managers are afraid that the pressure will be too high and think that a more experience but also extremely good player as Sweepage can withstand the nerves better.

My predictions:
ORAS OU: ABR vs GeeMick
DPP OU: SoulWind vs Sweepage
RBY OU: Tiba vs Lutra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)