Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could get used to this

Reminders:

On Sportsmanship
Note the sportsmanship infraction may be used liberally this SPL, and any unsportsmanlike conduct on the forums, in #spl / #pokemon / any of the semiofficial tier channels, or in opposing SPL team channels (I won't infract for you being a dick in your own SPL team channel unless the situation is so extreme I feel I absolutely have to make an exception (consider basically any masterclass interaction ever)), will be grounds for an infraction. We encourage you to play semi-aggressively, but don't be a Masterclass.

~ Aldaron

On Scheduling Matches
I'm sure plenty of you have come across activity drama while scheduling matches. I'm here to reduce the arbitrary element associated with some of these decisions. It is entirely your decision to adhere to these STRONG RECOMMENDATIONS, but note that if you choose not to, I'll most likely ignore any pleading from your end.

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR VM WALL IF YOU WISH TO PLAY IN THIS TOURNAMENT. THIS IS HOW ALL OFFICIAL SCHEDULING WILL BE HANDLED.

Once that week's thread is posted, you have up to 48 hours to contact your opponent ON HIS VM WALL and mention your timezone and exactly what dates, what time ranges you are available, and where you will battle. Note that the default accepted sim and server is the official server on Showdown/Smogon Tournament Server, or PO if you're playing an old gen. You must provide at least 3 different time ranges at least 48 hours from the timestamp of your message, with at least 2 that are 24-hours apart from each other. The minimum and maximum length for 1 time range is 30 minutes, and the minimum difference between the 3 required time ranges is 3 hours. If you give 3 time ranges that stick with this policy, you can give any additional time ranges at any time you please.

NOTE THAT THIS SCENARIO INVOLVES RESPONSE DYNAMICS; THERE IS SOMEONE WHO WILL CONTACT FIRST AND SOMEONE WHO RESPOND...THESE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT FOR BOTH OF YOU TO ASSUME TO YOU CAN BE FIRST CONTACTS...WHOEVER CONTACTS FIRST IS THE FIRST, AND THE OTHER DEFAULTS TO THE RESPONDER. THIS SHOULD BE OBVIOUS BUT SOME OF YOU ARE DUMB.

Once your opponent has contacted you, you now have up until 72 hours after the week's thread has been posted (NOT after your opponent's message) to respond with times that are good for you. What this means is that if both of you spend the maximum time contacting and responding, you should have back and forth collaboration at a maximum of 72 hours after the round has been posted, with both parties given an additional 24 hours to prepare for the battle should it be scheduled as soon as required. If none of the opponent's proposed time ranges are good for you, you must respond with alternative time ranges.

The first opponent now has X hours to prepare for the battle (if the second opponent agreed to some time) or 24 hours to contact a TD if, for whatever reason, this second set of time ranges does not suit the first opponent. Note this should be an absolute last measure.

Once a time is agreed upon, please make a message on your opponent's VM wall between 10 minutes and 1 second before the agreed upon time and say you are ready to battle and then get to agreed upon location (regardless of whether or not your opponent sends you a response VM). Please protect yourself by making this message, as it makes decisions much easier. You will be required to wait for your opponent for the duration of the time range.

If neither of you contact each other before 48 hours after the thread has been posted, you're both opening yourself up to a potential no contest or substitution. If I look at the situation, I might just determine I'm going to no contest, or whatever based on however I'm feeling at that moment. Don't leave yourself and your team vulnerable to this.

Just because at anytime one of the responders does not respond within the given range does not give you automatic activity win credentials. If they don't contact at all on your VM wall up until 48 hours before the end of the round (note, I'm not going to take irc or sim messages as evidence due to how easily they can be doctored...so if you want to protect yourself, stick to the VM messages), then you obviously have activity win justification. You WILL contact your opponent in a timely manner. However, if they do contact you at all after the suggested response time and before 48 hours before the end of the round, you are required to respond before 24 hours before the end of the round with 2 1-hour time ranges at least 1 hour apart before the end of the round. The opponent, since he did not stick to the proposed response schedule, WILL BE REQUIRED TO PLAY AT ONE OF YOUR NEWLY SUGGESTED TIMES, so you have the advantage here. This obviously puts a bit of an emphasis on the last 48 hours of each round (as is standard operating procedure for most of our official team tournaments anyway), so I will try my best to keep the last 48 hours of the round as close to the majority of the weekend for as much of the world as I can.

If you follow all of these guidelines, you will a.) most likely get your match done with minimal issue or b.) protect yourself and your team from an undue no contest or activity decision. Yes, I hate activity decisions in official tournaments. Yes, I will do my best to prevent activity decisions in the playoffs (the qualifying round is fair game however and I will have no problem issuing an activity call here), but don't push your luck.

Here is an example of how following this would work:

Week 1 thread is posted June 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Its deadline is June 14, 2013 at 11:59PM. User A and User B are matched up. User A contacts User B on his VM wall on June 7, at 9:00 PM (47 hours after the thread was posted, so ok), and gives 4 time ranges: June 10, from 7:00-7:30 PM (22 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is only ok so long as at minimum 3 of the other proposed time ranges adhere to the requirements), June 11, from 9:00-9:30 PM (48 hours after the timestamp of his message, which is ok), June 12, from 6:00-6:30 PM (69 hours after timestamp of his message, so ok, but only 21 hours after the earliest time range that is 48 hours after the timestamp), and June 12, from 9:00-9:30 PM (72 hours after the timestamp, so ok, and 24 hours after a legal time range and 3 hours after another legal time range). The June 11 and both June 12 time ranges satisfy the requirements, so User A can propose his first June 10 time range as well. User B responds on June 10, at 8:00 PM (23 hours after User A contacted him, so ok), and picks June 11, at 9:00 PM to battle, which is ok because it is 24 hours after his own response.

You'll note I made most of my response ranges multiples of 24 hours, but also included 24 hours. This means I expect you to be able to check Smogon at least once a day. If that is not feasible, you put yourself at risk.

~ Aldaron

On Disconnecting and timing out drama
Ah, the big beefcake. I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: we reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

Also, to protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer and not be hour-a-move dicks.

That said, here is the main way we will probably handle DCs / timing out:

To handle all DC cases...you're gonna submit your teams before the match. Prague Kick and Esteemed SPL Host Ginku, who are not playing nor affiliated with any team, will manage this team submission form. You don't have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. If you do DC (and you can't rejoin the battle) and you haven't submitted your team, your opponent will have the right to take the win. Yes, I'll most likely make a judgment call if he is on his last turn with 1 Pokemon at 5% and paralyzed and with you at 6 100% health Pokemon, because the only way to lose this is to misclick multiple times. However, if you're at 6 100% Pokemon and your opponent is at last Pokemon 10% needing to crit flinch you 6 - 12 times for the win, I'll give him the win if you DC and haven't submitted your team.

I know people like Philip7086 will beg me "to use common sense for a judgment call" for all cases and I would normally agree, but I am giving you all a 100% out by allowing you to submit your team. Basically, submit your team, and protect yourself and your team from any and all DCs. It's a simple procedure that removes almost all subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team your are using at anytime before the match takes place, and you'll have 100% protected yourself. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the PLAYER (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

To further ensure no funny business, if, in the case of a DC replay, there is any concern from either party about funny business, both parties have the right to request a screenshot of the current Pokemon's stats in battle. This is irrelevant for Showdown as you can simply rejoin a battle there, but PO allows you to see the currently out Pokemon's stats if you scroll over it with your mouse. Just hit PrntScrn (windows) while scrolling over it if requested by your opponent, preferably with proof that it is a screenshot of that actual battle (consider including the opponent's request in the battle screen in the screenshot).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

~ Aldaron
(Use https://cryptobin.co/ to secure your team with a password if you don't trust us)

This should be a smooth ride if everyone follows the instructions above (schedule via VM, submit teams, don't start drama for no reason), but it won't be.

---

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Wifi Wolfpack (6)

SM OU: Geemick vs Snowy.
SM OU: ABR vs FlamingVictini
SM OU: Blunder vs Gingy
SM Ubers: Astounded vs aim
SM LC: Fatty vs Sken
SM DOU: Memoric vs SamVGC
ORAS OU: Rodriblutar vs ChillShadow
BW OU: Sugarhigh vs Luck>Skill
DPP OU: Smurf. vs Void
ADV OU: Golden Sun vs Astamatitos
GSC OU: Idiotfrommars vs Fear
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ vs Nails

Cryonicles (4) vs Indie Scooters (8)

SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs Hector Hard Mode
SM OU: mencemeat vs Sabella
SM OU: Zamrock vs TheThorn
SM Ubers: Poek97 vs Gunner Rohan
SM LC: Ice Tea vs Star
SM DOU: KyleCole vs Biosci
ORAS OU: njnp vs Axel10
BW OU: SoulWind vs Jirachee
DPP OU: Fakes vs Philip7086
ADV OU: New Breed vs Ojama
GSC OU: Colchonero vs Mr.378
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Crystal_

Congregation of the Classiest (4) vs Firebot Falcons (8)

SM OU: FAJI vs Leftiez
SM OU: Lysergic vs Get This Money
SM OU: Lcans vs Cicada
SM Ubers: sin and victimization vs Lacus Clyne
SM LC: Heysup vs zf
SM DOU: Braverius vs kamikaze
ORAS OU: High Impulse vs xray
BW OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Shoka
DPP OU: 6A9 Ace Matador vs Sauga
ADV OU: Danilo vs Triangles
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Mr.E
RBY OU: Lusch vs Bedschibaer

Stark Sharks (6) vs Circus Maximus Tigers (6)

SM OU: dragonuser vs p2
SM OU: -Snow vs Steve Angello
SM OU: PDC vs Mazar
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Edgar
SM LC: Corporal Levi vs OP
SM DOU: I Am a Rookie vs MajorBowman
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Nintendi
BW OU: dice vs McMeghan
DPP OU: ToF vs Tamahome
ADV OU: undisputed vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: Veteran In Love vs giara
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Golden Gyarados

Ever Grande BIGS (4) vs Team Raiders (8)

SM OU: Ciele vs TDK
SM OU: Obliviate vs kratosmana
SM OU: mael vs reyscarface
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Hack
SM LC: ZoroDark vs mad0ka
SM DOU: Laga vs Stax
ORAS OU: Posho vs Nedor
BW OU: Finchinator vs Jayde
DPP OU: Porengan vs roscoe
ADV OU: dekzeh vs UD
GSC OU: d0nut vs BKC
RBY OU: Alexander. vs Tobes

---

Deadline is Sunday, January 29th, at 11:59 PM EST.

If I made a mistake with any matchups or names, please contact Prague Kick or me.

60/60 matches completed

Last edited:

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion

SM OU: Adam vs Leftiez
SM OU: Lcans vs Cicada - if eo was in i'd be predicting him

SM OU: reiku vs Steve Angello

some pretty cool ou matches this time around. really excited to see mewtwo in OU.

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

DPP OU: SUPER MARSHALL vs Philip7086

Alpha Ruiners (9) vs Wifi Wolfpack (3)

Cryonicles (5) vs Indie Scooters (7)

ADV OU: New Breed Fakes vs Ojama

Stark Sharks (7) vs Circus Maximum Tigers (5)

Ever Grande BIGS (3) vs Team Raiders (9)

Alpha Ruiners (0) vs Wifi Wolfpack (0)

SM OU: ABR vs FlamingVictini- I give this game a 20% chance of being completed
SM Ubers: Astounded vs aim- idk

Cryonicles (0) vs Indie Scooters (1)

SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs Hector Hard Mode-?? lol
ADV OU: New Breed vs Ojama- Kash money!!

Stark Sharks (0) vs Circus Maximum Tigers (0)

ORAS OU: Trosko vs Nintendi- theyre both good but gut says nitendi
ADV OU: undisputed vs JabbaTheGriffin- jabba is v good

Ever Grande BIGS vs Team Raiders (0)

SM OU: mael vs reyscarface- he could bring stall again and he'd honestly probably win.
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Hack- tbh level is looking strong af tho.
ADV OU: dekzeh vs UD- idk UD seems like a nice guy tho,,

gl falcons

lol sweepage in 2017

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being

lal

predicting falcons and wolfpack, respectively the 10th and 9th team in Tele's preseason rankings, to drop their 3rd L of the season

raiders and cyros, number 1 and 4 of the rankings, will instead offer another dominant performance winning for the 3rd consecutive week

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Cryonicles (4) vs Indie Scooters (8)
SM OU: psychicmewtwo 45-55 Hector Hard Mode - since psychicmewtwo is an ubers player now due to val not having one before, idk how he can handle the transition to smou since val apparently needs one
SM OU: mencemeat 60-40 Sabella - in a clean game Jam won 10/10 last week and Sabella hasnt been playing that well recently. might come down to jams shaky sm knowledge however
SM OU: Zamrock 40-60 TheThorn - TheThorn is out of the world
SM Ubers: Poek97 55-45 Gunner Rohan - ...
SM LC: Ice Tea 40-60 Star - dont think star wants to end up 0-3, depends on how much prep he puts in and how much he tilts during the game
SM DOU: KyleCole 0-100 Biosci - idk i have a third eye
ORAS OU: njnp 30-70 Axel10 - WHOS THE SHERIFF
BW OU: SoulWind 55-45 Jirachee - SW is still on a roll and has been dominating bw recently, while slicks game last week left a lot to be desired
DPP OU: SUPER MARSHALL 35-65 Philip7086 - still think phils one of the best dpp players of all time
ADV OU: New Breed 40-60 Ojama - while ojama hasnt been doing that well, new breed hasnt played a game of pokemon in about 10 years so its hard to not side with the fisherman
GSC OU: Colchonero 30-70 Mr.378 - 378 coming in off two wins while colch has been endlessly tilting through time
RBY OU: Peasounay 55-45 Crystal_ - idk rby that well, peas seems solid though

Congregation of the Classiest (6) vs Firebot Falcons (6)
SM OU: Adam 40-60 Leftiez - would support adam but i doubt a rmt team will win this week :d
SM OU: Lysergic 55-45 Get This Money - both had a rocky start but i believe in the ladder legend mob barely
SM OU: Lcans 35-65 Cicada - havent seen lcans play any sm, seemed solid in oras lower tiers but idk how that'll translate to a spl smou game
SM Ubers: sin and victimization 45-55 Lacus Clyne - both starting 0-2, lacus seems more motivated and knowledgable though so ill give them edge to them
SM LC: Heysup 55-45 zf - heysup wont go 0-3 :pirate" also fuck zf
SM DOU: Braverius 70-30 kamikaze - zach is good af and kamikaze has yet to pull of a win in spl
ORAS OU: High Impulse 60-40 xray - just a better player
BW OU: Eo Ut Mortus 45-55 Shoka - i havent seen eo play bw in forever and shokas seemed generally solid, prone to tilting in game though so ill give it closer odds
DPP OU: 6A9 Ace Matador 30-70 Sauga - am hasnt really impressed from the first two weeks and sauga is a solid player
ADV OU: Danilo 45-55 Triangles - both havent been playing well so should be interesting to see if either one can pick up the slack
GSC OU: Earthworm 65-35 Mr.E - ew is the best
RBY OU: Lusch 60-40 Bedschibaer - idk rby that well but everyone seems to be praising lusch

Stark Sharks (6) vs Circus Maximum Tigers (6)
SM OU: dragonuser 55-45 p2 - du seemed solid in sm from week 1 but p2 did beat him in wcop so idk
SM OU: reiku 45-55 Steve Angello - had some cool techs week 2 that put him on top and i think he'll need to do something similar if he wants to repeat last week
SM OU: PDC 65-35 Mazar - still waiting for the karma
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage 55-45 Edgar - lord outrage seems solid and edgar is still shaking off the rust i bit i think, should be a good game either way
SM LC: Corporal Levi 45-55 OP - levi is good but i think OP is better with his support + prep, either way a good game
SM DOU: I Am a Rookie 48-52 MajorBowman - ugh i hate predicting against rookie after his dominating week 1 and week 2 but MajorBowman has yet to drop a game in SPL. probably one of the highlights this week though.
ORAS OU: Trosko 45-55 Nintendi - both are really good but i think nintendi is underrated af
BW OU: dice 55-45 McMeghan - should be a good game, depends on mcms team though
DPP OU: ToF 45-55 Tamahome - hard to say on this one bc both have been doing really well in dpp tours recently so its hard to give an edge to either
ADV OU: undisputed 60-40 JabbaTheGriffin - undisputed outplayed jabba really well in wcop and hes just been more solid lately imo
GSC OU: Veteran In Love 60-40 giara - giara hasnt been playing that well lately and vil had a great game vs ojama so should have the momentum
RBY OU: The_Chaser 45-55 Golden Gyarados - dont know rby :pirate:

Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs Team Raiders (6)
SM OU: Ciele 45-55 TDK - predicting tdk but i hope ciele wins and shuts him up
SM OU: Obliviate 40-60 kratosmana - antis been more solid lately, might depend on how the games before him went though
SM OU: mael 40-60 reyscarface - bring stall and get matchup = free wins
SM Ubers: Level 56 45-55 Hack - should be a great game to watch between two of the better uber players this spl
SM LC: ZoroDark 60-40 mad0ka - luck can only take you so far
SM DOU: Laga 40-60 Stax - stax has the momentum on his side from his first spl win and laga has been on a downward spiral
ORAS OU: Posho 40-60 Nedor - nedors been playing better and posho has been tilting
BW OU: Finchinator 55-45 Jayde - hope jayde wins though
DPP OU: Porengan 55-45 roscoe - rocka is the best n_n
ADV OU: dekzeh 55-45 UD - been playing really well in adv recently and should be able to keep it up, should be a good match to watch though
GSC OU: d0nut 55-45 BKC - d0nuts > drummers
RBY OU: Alexander. 60-40 Tobes - alex has been doing better in rby so far and should be able to take that momentum into his game
lets bring it back wolfpack and bounce back from a bad start

~awoo~

SM Ubers: Astounded vs aim - A logical swap, joey is not to be underestimated. Can't really predict against Asto though, as we haven't really seen anything from his opponent in the way of building playing this tier whatsoever.
SM Ubers: Poek97 vs Gunner Rohan - Another logical swap: after bringing what looked like a 1300 ladder team and then a 2014 ORAS HO and beating opponents through either luck or whatever really went down that other game, Poek should be a more solid way to avoid a loss here. The guy actually has a roots in Ubers. Still, Gunner has looked like one of the most solid players this SPL.
SM Ubers: sin and victimization vs Lacus Clyne - Lacus hasn't really impressed a lot. Practically lost to the same concept twice. I had my hopes up for sin after his OK performance week 1. Then he brought that god awful stall team (which still sucks if you go ground > drag btw!!!) and lost accordingly. Jesus.
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Edgar - Ok I will contradict myself here but whatever. Edgar has impressed slightly more than Outrage so far, and might as well just take this. At the same time Outrage has to pick it up eventually.

hf bigs and 56, we always seem to have great battles so I hope this week will be no exception to this

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
looking forward to our wcop rematch du

gl sharks

edit: we're probably playing thursday 9pm est

Last edited:
SM OU: ABR 50-50 FlamingVictini UltraMegaLitAFdeadassBstraightFactsMyGuy. if anyone can knock abr down rn it's fv provided there isn't a pyukumukukumukukmukumuku of course. will be watching closely
SM OU: Blunder 60-40 Gingy definitely a playing adv, gingys good and makes good teams so it will be close early on but blunder will run away with it near the end. how can you stop a guy coming off a 7-1 defeat of bung yasedlord in oras ou anyway
SM Ubers: Astounded 49-51 aim astounded has been positively brutal but i think joey will just barely knock him off with a hitherto unsuspected solgaleo set
ORAS OU: Rodriblutar 60-40 ChillShadow rodris been looking really strong, chillshadows very good though as smogon tour showed so this is one to look out for
BW OU: Sugarhigh 59-41 Luck>Skill as much as I hope for this to be a close fight with the creativity/solidness both players are known for/capable of, I can't help but feel that this is going to either be a blowout with one more solid team raping something stupid possibly due to a silly play or a complete cripple fight with two teams that go past straddling the border of "creative" and run right into "retarded" territory. regardless I'll be watching closely
DPP OU: Smurf. 55-45 Void interesting matchup
ADV OU: Golden Sun 43-57 Astamatitos both guys here bounced back from a rough w1 even though gs didnt pick up the win. nice team last week btw honey wonder where you got it ;-) ANYWAY yeah he was looking solid until hax took over the match. asta was fortunate enough to battle The Kind UD who gave him a win to get his confidence up... nah he's lookin back in it as well. i think hes got enough of an edge but it should be a good battle as long as gs' team can handle defense/stall/skarmory
GSC OU: Idiotfrommars 52-48 Fear really hard to pick here. ifms luck is a little better but hes just been really on form lately and has been switching his teams up very very nicely. of course fear had an incredibly impressive week 1 win and we all know how strong he is as well as being versatile as hell so this is definitely a heavyweight game that I very much look forward to
RBY OU: MetalGro$$ 50-50 Nails fight for 1-2/0-3. mg has been playing incredibly well the first two weeks, with both series really down to the wire, but nails has been looking really good as well. will be a great one to watch

SM OU: mencemeat 50-50 Sabella jam could lead off with weavile vs 6 slower pokemon ohkoed by knock off and smogtours would go berserk (some excerpts from his game with mob for those interested http://pastebin.com/N3DBVPNJ). regardless The Meat is excellent of course and for anyone to stand a chance against him speaks volumes about that player, in this case sabella. unfortunately the Experience that watching the meat is will likely be ruined by smogtours but w/e
SM Ubers: Poek97 35-65 Gunner Rohan lol sick matchup. taking poek out of oras is criminal and doing it a second week in a row especially to put him in ubers probably requires some sort of mental disorder (but it all makes sense when you remember the manager is the guy who threatens people by saying he'll buy them). of course hes still a very capable player obviously and my guy hack says hes discussed ubers with him so he knows what hes doing but rohan is more experienced by far, has been playing like an absolute Monster and only lost last week due to some nonsense after a very impressive display. plus his team was color coded beautifully
ORAS OU: njnp 40-60 Axel10 rofl fucking highlight match. gotta say i didnt think axel was worth all that The Sheriff hype from wcop but my goodness he has been vicious in his first two games so i may have been a teensy bit wrong there. hes got excellent support too. njnp can clearly play so itll be an interesting fight but i doubt axel leaves him much room for his gimmicks
BW OU: SoulWind 45-55 Jirachee as close a matchup as you get and sw is in great form as always but phil really wants to get on the board and he is Terrifying in big situations, plus he would probably want to beat sw after losing in the last 2 spls, so i expect something monstrous this week. sw will make it an extremely close game, of course. have fun boys
DPP OU: SUPER MARSHALL 40-60 Philip7086 absolute nonsense we dont get duh-phil. anyway marshall played well last week but his team was absolutely blackened (like, straight up 6-0ed) by heat wave zapdos and phil has been looking extremely strong, even in his loss last week, so I give him the edge. we'll see some creative (the good kind (probably)) things for sure
ADV OU: FAKES vs Ojama i'm not necessarily predicting him i just wanted to draw attention to the fact that val is gonna sub him in at the last minute for whatever fucking reason. maybe hes minoring in psychology. anyway this is anyones game, 2-0 vs 0-2, think thatll make ojama fire at 110% but fakes is a very strong opponent whos not quite ready to get rid of that 0 in the loss column. that stuff aside, this is a very interesting clash of team and play styles, cant wait to see it.
GSC OU: Colchonero 45-55 Mr.378 colch started out incredibly strong last week and then tried to unnecessarily extend his advantage a little further and got caught by earthworms desperation move. however that beginning was quite menacing, and his play vs fear was quite good, so hes obviously a contender to take this game. however 378 has come out swinging with two very impressive wins against very experienced players, so i think he will continue that trend

ORAS OU: High Impulse 45-55 xray my boys been slumping but i'm confident in him to get it back. amirs been very solid so hes a tough opponent but if our german hero sticks to his guns and doesnt try too hard to branch out he will put in a fine game
BW OU: Eo Ut Mortus 50-50 Shoka i'm a bit perplexed here. on one hand, eo hasnt played bw seriously in years, seemingly preferring casual spars with elodin with teams that are flawed to say the least. on the other, this is the guy who invented encore on zam, and in his day was one of the most solid guys around. his flame charge heatrans sweeping potential was unmatched as well. in the opposing corner, i like shoka for his solid plays and teams but then last week we saw some weatherless seismitoad shit that i'm still reeling from. i think itll be clear from team preview whether this game is the Cracker it could be or the Not-Cracker it could also be. i would like eo to get a w though and i'm sure he wouldnt be in bw if his managers didnt trust him
DPP OU: 6A9 Ace Matador 51-49 Sauga the canadian lunatic busted out fucking cress dug rain lmao after his debut with abomasnow spikes so clearly hes not afraid to bring the creative stuff. now that hes settled in i think its smooth sailing. however am is gonna come out swinging with a vengeance to get on the board. must say ive preferred his teams so far, especially the second; very nice, very fresh, solid, all that good stuff. it will be a very close game and a7x is more than capable of winning but i just dont see the matador as an 0-3
ADV OU: Danilo 44-56 Triangles triangles has already had an extremely high up and an extremely low down in the first two weeks. i think he gets solid from here on out. nilo has been struggling so far. def capable though and we're sure to see some cool stuff on both sides, camerupts and ludicolos and such
GSC OU: Earthworm 50-50 Mr.E very unsure on both of these guys so far. ew intersperses brutal ownage with some question marks, while mre sometimes feels like nothing but question marks; however, when his heads in the game and his luck isnt too awful (like it was in last years game vs ew) hes very tough to beat. think both guys need to be locked in 100% to win
RBY OU: Lusch 50-50 Bedschibaer this lusch character looks to be the guy to beat so far with two very strong wins but beds is familiar with him from pp so itll be a very even fight, look forward to it

SM Ubers: Lord Outrage 40-60 Edgar this canada-china-mexico wonder was dominating ubers with la pasion before outrage even existed, a Clear victorie
ORAS OU: Trosko 50-50 Nintendi REALLY good game here. troskos battle last week was excellent and nintendi was extraordinarily solid, showing why he shouldve been in oras from the get-go imo. i played him in tour once and he was a very tough opponent, i also admire how unafraid he is to make teams with stuff he likes and to just go for it. trosko doesnt quite get as, uh, Creative as nintendi but he does make a ton of very solid teams and his play has been superb so far. really excited for this
BW OU: dice 52-48 McMeghan possibly the bw game of the season. dice in bw an example of how to be creative and still be effective without going the whole nine yards into kekland. of course now that ive said this he'll probably bring his weatherless goth skarm chans exca quag team (which is admittedly fun to fuck around with, but No). mcm seems to be back to normal ways, so thisll be a pleasure to watch, i think. his moves last week were reminiscent of the bw game in tour 20 finals vs tesung, which was pure art (seriously). hopefully he keeps it up, but dice would probably be 2-0 without some Unfortunate Circumstances week 1 so i think he has an ever-so-slight advantage. cant wait to watch
DPP OU: ToF 60-40 Tamahome the only time i remember these guys playing before was in a tour in season 13, malfoy had this solid skarmbliss stall and tof's gengar was looking good to bust through it but missed a lot of focus blasts. i doubt we see a similar matchup but based on how/what these guys have played/brought so far and the vibe i've been getting, i expect 2 solid teams with a bit of surprise from each player and a very good battle overall. tof's definitely looked more solid overall so i'm going with him here
ADV OU: undisputed 60-40 JabbaTheGriffin think undis will bounce back from a tough week 1, he and jabba tend to have good battles but i think cali boy has a slight playstyle advantage. jabba will need to catch him off guard, which hes obviously more than capable of but i take und

lets raid boys and girl

SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs Hector Hard Mode - FINALLY PLAY OU!!!! GOOOOOOO!!!!!

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'll only talk about Ubers since that's what I somewhat know about:

SM Ubers: Astounded vs aim - Can't say the aim sub wasn't expected and I think he has every one of the tools to be successful throughout this season in Ubers. However, I'll give the edge in this matchup to Astounded, which despite losing Week 2 still has stood out to me as one of the most solid and capable Ubers players so far. Should be a close and interesting game regardless.

SM Ubers: Poek97 vs Gunner Rohan - Really wanted to bet against Rohan since he always seems to prove his doubters wrong, but the "anything goes wonder" has all the tools to take this one. Two solid showings so far have surprised me since I expected some nerves to kick in the first few weeks. Gunner has been extremely consistent with his team choices and performances, so I'll take him in this match over Poek97, an extremely established player, maybe not as much in Ubers though. Should be fun to watch.

SM Ubers: sin and victimization vs Lacus Clyne - I have watched a lot of Lacus Clyne games and I think she still hasn't shown what she is capable of in SPL, so I expect her to eventually show up and perform the way she is used to, which may or may not start to happen this week. For this reason (her slow start), I'm not sure who to pick since I've seen very little from sin and victimization. His week 1 team and performance were pretty solid, but I didn't enjoy his week 2 team whatsoever. I still believe in Omfuga's pick to show up sometime, so this match seems highly unpredictable in my eyes and could go either way.

SM Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Edgar - Despite two mediocre showings by Lord Outrage, I expect him to finally regain his form as the excellent Ubers player he is. After his week 2 win against Gunner, I think he is finally ready to do just that, get his head into the game and show us exactly why he was such a sought for player in this season's draft. Edgar also won his first game in week 2, so I wouldn't count him out whatsoever, but I'm giving Outrage a slight edge in this one.

SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Hack - In my opinion, the two most impressive performers so far this season go head-to-head in this matchup to determine who remains undefeated. Since I was extremely undecided over who to pick, I decided to give the edge to Hack as he has seemed a tad bit more solid throughout the first two weeks. Honestly can see going either way and should be the highlight game for Week 3 in Ubers.

Apart from those, I'll be rooting for people I really enjoy watching, such as The Spanish King, Ict, The Iron Man, Jam and stall master blunder

Last edited:
Alpha Ruiners (0) vs Wifi Wolfpack (0)

Cryonicles (0) vs Indie Scooters (1)

Congregation of the Classiest (0) vs Firebot Falcons (0)

Stark Sharks (0) vs Circus Maximum Tigers (0)

Ever Grande BIGS vs Team Raiders (0)

SM OU: Geemick 65 vs 35 Snowy.
SM OU: ABR 55 vs 45 FlamingVictini
SM OU: Blunder 65 vs 35 Gingy
ORAS OU: Rodriblutar 75 vs 25 ChillShadow

SM OU: psychicmewtwo 50 vs 50 Hector Hard Mode
SM OU: mencemeat 65 vs 35 Sabella
SM OU: Zamrock 60 vs 40 TheThorn
ORAS OU: njnp 65 vs 35 Axel10

SM OU: Adam 35 vs 65 Leftiez
SM OU: Lysergic 60 vs 40 Get This Money
SM OU: Lcans 60 vs 40 Cicada
ORAS OU: High Impulse 40 vs 60 xray

SM OU: dragonuser 70 vs 30 p2
SM OU: reiku 55 vs 45 Steve Angello
SM OU: PDC 45 vs 55 Mazar
ORAS OU: Trosko 50 vs 50 Nintendi

SM OU: Ciele 45 vs 55 TDK
SM OU: Obliviate 60 vs 40 kratosmana
SM OU: mael 35 vs 65 reyscarface
ORAS OU: Posho 45 vs 55 Nedor

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Go sharkss!
Predictions.

Alpha Ruiners (6) vs Wifi Wolfpack (3)

Cryonicles (6) vs Indie Scooters (5)

Congregation of the Classiest (7) vs Firebot Falcons (4)

Ever Grande BIGS (7) vs Team Raiders (2)

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

ORAS OU: High Impulse vs xray - giving the edge to xray due to all the hax he got, one of the closest match here with two friends :[

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)