Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2010

wow giratina-o is rising steadily little by little
the thing is just too good
not to mention how sexy it looks :D
though i freaking hate bug-like features, it's whatever in this case lol

Originally Posted by Fat manav95
Its BL now.
Originally posted by Fat RBG
If heracross falls out of OU, it will go straight to UU unless Jabba and reachzero decide differently.
And also I should have the tier lists done within 24 hours.
There's a good chance it may become too cheap for UU like Yanmega was. Jabba and reachzero should consider this. Also how do you change the tiers of those pokemon when it lists those in the Strategy Pokedex?

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Heracross is becoming UU? I was tearing up shit with the CB set the other day in OU. People just don't know how to use him.

Wow... Heracross is actually UU. This is the best thing that ever happened to him, now he'll see some usage and actually become respected. Though if he ends up BL... -_-

I see a lot of Electivire nowadays, of course I'm probably lower-level where they use more of this guy, but it still kinda bugs me.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the stats, Doug.

There's a good chance it may become too cheap for UU like Yanmega was. Jabba and reachzero should consider this. Also how do you change the tiers of those pokemon when it lists those in the Strategy Pokedex?
Yanmega still got a whole testing period, though, so it'll be likely that Heracross would just get voted BL by the UU players, if it does fall.

Anyway:

| Palkia | Item | Choice Specs | 10.3 |
Hehehe, looks like it worked o_0, or were all those battles mine (I doubt it)??

| Garchomp | Item | Choice Band | 10.0 |
I love this thing. Finally seeing it back on the usage lists is awesome.

Although the chances may be low, I'll get a nice laugh out of it if Heracross isn't deemed broken.

This brings back nostalgia from the Rhyperior days.

Yanmega still got a whole testing period, though, so it'll be likely that Heracross would just get voted BL by the UU players, if it does fall.
Unless I'm mistaken, it took two testing periods for Yanmega to get banned. I seem to remember him being present during the Crobat/Shaymin era.

Welcome to OU Shaymin.

Big drop for Hitmonlee usage, Milotic maintains #1, Moltres stops dropping finally, omg at all this.

BIG BAD HERACROSS sticks around the same spot, UU?
Probably would be banned quick.

Thanks Doug!

Official Tier List updates will be posted in about 15ish hours by yours truly (unless X-Act beats me to it.)

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Does this mean Heracross will be UU for ST10 next week? If so that seems kind of "unfair" seeing as how people are supposed to be practicing for this type of tournament, only for the metagame to take a huge turn.

Does this mean Heracross will be UU for ST10 next week? If so that seems kind of "unfair" seeing as how people are supposed to be practicing for this type of tournament, only for the metagame to take a huge turn.
lol. Thunderwave and SD Heracross are gonna rape so many teams.

I sure hope not, thats not nearly long enough to adapt to the metagame.

Electivire is faster and stronger than Lucario. Heracross can't boast that \o/

And seriously does it need said in every damn statistics thread that there is not a definitive cutoff point between UU and OU? On top of that, it averages in the past few months, it is not dependant on this month alone. Heracross has been low in usage for a long time, it would be no surprise if he managed to avoid it this cycle.

the smogon tour banlist is determined by the smogon university ladder's banlist. in the past it has usually taken doug a few days to update the ladder, so it might not be changed in time for the weekend. in any case there has been some precedent for making changes to the tour to account for uu tiering, since last year the order was flipped from ou -> uu -> uber to ou -> uber -> uu because a uu vote happened the week before the first scheduled uu tour. maybe that's what will happen this time.

Dnite moving up is great. I have started using him on nearly all of my teams because of his versatility.

As far as Hera being UU, I find that funny. There needs to be some sort of new rule in place that keeps OUs from dropping straight into UU. UU doesn't need more Pokemon that should be BL.

Also lol @ Milotic being #1 on UU. I demand that everyone starts using it in OU so that it's banned from UU. Lalalala.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)