Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

My team is mega salamence, specially defensive primal kyogre, defensive ferrothorn, specs tapu koko, volcorona, and a rapid spin excadrill. I want to replace kyogre with something else that acts as a special wall that can come in on ice attacks (for the salamence) while still doing good damage. I cannot participate in rating battles with the kyogre and i need some advice.

Hello, I am kinda new and i was wondering if you could help me out, see I wanted to make this Salamence for my Doubles Team http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/salamence/doubles/ the one on the Bottom but Since Tailwind is restricted to Move Tutors i cannot get Tailwind in SM, is there a Substitute/Replacement for it that you could suggest me? Or should i try a new Build Entirely? Thanks

Just go to eisen's giveaway and see if he has a tailwind salamence.

My team is mega salamence, specially defensive primal kyogre, defensive ferrothorn, specs tapu koko, volcorona, and a rapid spin excadrill. I want to replace kyogre with something else that acts as a special wall that can come in on ice attacks (for the salamence) while still doing good damage. I cannot participate in rating battles with the kyogre and i need some advice.
What format?

If your trying to do battle spot, then you cant use the following pokemon. Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow and Greninja with the Battle Bond ability. Otherwise, i don't know the issue is.

EDIT: You can still use your team against friends or random people you challenge outside of battle spot. I think you can anyways, i have tried doing so this in sun and moon

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
There isn't really a community for formats like free battles, since that's a format that's mostly treated as "just for fun". So there isn't really much advice people can give on it. If you want to get into competitive Pokemon on cart, I would suggest trying to get into the VGC and/or Battle Spot Scene. You can find a list over useful threads that contain information, resources and such about those formats here: [VGC] [Battle Spot].

Also if you think live-chat help for getting into Competitive Pokemon would be nice, the Competitive Tutoring room on Pokemon Showdown could be of great help.

There isn't really a community for formats like free battles, since that's a format that's mostly treated as "just for fun". So there isn't really much advice people can give on it.
Really? If Anything Goes is not that, then what is it?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Really? If Anything Goes is not that, then what is it?
First off, Free Battles on Battle spot is 3v3 (4v4 if doubles), while Anything Goes is 6v6. It may sound like a miniscule difference, but it completely changes the viability of certain moves, abilities and play-styles. There's also the fact that judging by their team, it doesn't seem like they wanted to get into a format where teams like 6 Arceus' are a viable strategy.

First off, Free Battles on Battle spot is 3v3 (4v4 if doubles), while Anything Goes is 6v6. It may sound like a miniscule difference, but it completely changes the viability of certain moves, abilities and play-styles. There's also the fact that judging by their team, it doesn't seem like they wanted to get into a format where teams like 6 Arceus' are a viable strategy.
I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.

Are people allowed to delete other peoples' posts just because the posts contain false information?
Short answer: yes, mods have a lot of descretion, especially higher mods or if they discuss it with their moderation team. Longer answer is, sometimes; it probably wouldn't happen in a question in simple answers ans suggestions, say, but in an answer in a mechanics thread or an analysis thread it definitally could be, as if you don't know the answer/info you really shouldn't be replying/posting there in the first place. It's also much more of a concern if its repeated misinformation, which would be a bigger factor, + a whole bunch of stuff I'm almost certainly forgetting.

So I'm probably going to sound stupid, but how do you post sprites for Pokemon like when you are posting a team and how do you make a link that opens when you click on it like the SQSA threads (Open).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 8)