Smogon Snake Draft I - Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luigi Isa Hogg Christo

In regards to Znain vs Level 56:

Thorn first contacted level 56 via smogon vm on september 28th indicating that he prefers the second weekend and to which level replies is fine with him. He suggests saturday which thorn agrees to and then asks if 7pm gmt+2 is fine. Here, thorn makes an honest mistake believing he replied but does not officially agree or disagree to this time.

Level waits till the morning of his game to tell us that sunday does not work for him despite having other games scheduled indicating his availability. He also does not tell thorn or anyone on our team that he has to go at 8pm gmt+2 since if he did we couldve easily gotten thorn on or gotten a sub to play. However, level 56 did tell his team that he had to go at this time and no one reached out to us.

Thethorn was on discord on saturday from 10am gmt+2 till 2am his time (waiting for 56 in case he decided to show up at night to play). He even idled on smogtours that morning for several hours. Recognizing thorn's mistake, we decided to sub znain who is essentially available all sunday. Level ignored my attempts at communication both during saturday night and sunday on discord and ps and also ignored znain's attempts at communication.

This is a team tour, not an individual tour so it is acceptable for managers and teammates to reach out if said player isnt responding for whatever reason. A lot of serpents players (including the managers) were on stours at the scheduled time yet neither level or rattlers managers tried to contact us to ask about thorn's whereabouts or communicate that level had to leave soon.

Some screenshots:

I acknowledge that thorn made a mistake and but I don't think we deserve an activity loss given the aforementioned facts especially since the rattlers put little effort into actually getting the game done whereas I had thorn stay up till past midnight on saturday in case the rattlers would agree to some sub or if level came back (since he indicated he would be available at 11pm his time in another smogon vm) and even subbed in znain who is available to play either level or anyone the rattlers choose to sub in. It's pretty clear that they care more about fishing for activity than getting the game done. Anyway, znain is ready to play if a substitution is made.

I strongly believe that this should be a dead game since there was a mistake on our side and a lack of effort / obvious attempt to fish on the other.

Last edited:

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Scheduled with R!cardo at my 20:30, there is 21:50 now and I have to leave.

I know his team tried to make a sub, but I have to leave in 10 minutes at the very max and I'm not gonna risk to finish a battle in 10 minutes. I'm actually sorry for them, but I didn't want to schedule for Sunday just in the case something like this happened, but it was R!cardo who couldn't make a time but today.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
you gotta be kidding. then don't wait for over an hour to inform the opposing team that a player is missing?

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not even about the activity loss to be honest. It's a question of not being willing to agree to a double sub when our player did everything he was supposed to do. TheThorn is the one who wanted to play Saturday evening, and both he and his managers had ample time to see that a game was scheduled. Level 56 wasn't trying to dodge a game: he was active and on smogtours before the scheduled time, waited until more than an hour after, and VM'd TheThorn to let him know he was there. This isn't a case of two players being shit at scheduling and just missing each other; this is a case of a clearly established time being missed by one party when the other party made active attempts to contact them.

So yeah, I'm not going to punish my team by agreeing to a double sub for someone else's error, nor am I going to force a player who has family stuff going on all day to try to fit in an extra game on top of the two he already scheduled. If it turns out Level 56's family responsibilities take less time than he expected, he is more than welcome to play out this game with our team's full support, but frankly he shouldn't have to; if your player had made his time or if your team had reached out to us that he was not going to be able to make it this all would have been avoided.

(And I'm sorry, the fact that he has two other games scheduled today doesn't mean that he secretly has a bunch of availability and he's just dodging. It just means that he's ALREADY made exceptions in his schedule for games, and now you're asking him to do it again. He hasn't even been in our team chat today except for five minutes to tell us he was about to play Eo.)

This is a team tour, not an individual tour so it is acceptable for managers and teammates to reach out if said player isnt responding for whatever reason. A lot of serpents players (including the managers) were on stours at the scheduled time yet neither level or rattlers managers tried to contact us to ask about thorn's whereabouts or communicate that level had to leave soon.
It's totally acceptable, and if I'd been available I would have done so myself - but that's a courtesy, not a requirement. As you said, you were online at the scheduled time, but you didn't reach out to me or anyone else on our team until after L56 said he had to go and I posted for him. I've got no ill will toward you or anyone on your team, but I think it's a bit silly that we're expected to carry the responsibility for your player missing time (especially when he was the one who suggested it). Hell, when our UU player was running a bit late last night I reached out to your player in advance of the game, found out how long he'd be online for and offered to keep a sub available if he couldn't wait. I didn't try to make it into your team's responsibility to account for my late player.

So yeah, sorry, not trying to be a dick but Level has said he doesn't have time to play any extra games today, and I'm not interested in making a double sub. If anything changes, either me or Christo will reach out to you immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)