Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you haven't played DP without Platinum to say that. Electivire never was top-tier, but to say it was "never good"?

The real overhype here is the "Electivire was overhyped" one.
With Electivire, it's not actually as bad as most people say, but originally, there was a lot of hype around Electivire (look at my join date), and it wasn't quite that good, which I think annoyed a lot of people, so some people started making out that Electivire was actually the worst Pokemon in existance, completely useless, blah blah blah, in an attempt to combat the overratedness of it (some people have admitted to doing that, if you look at past threads on this).

The result now is that Electivire is probably now underrated, if anything, that n00bs come along saying "Electivire sucks", because all the top players say that constantly, so the n00bs think if they say it too it makes them look cool and skilled at Pokemon.

But I think the saddest thing is that 4 years later people are still repeating "Electivire sucks", even though people stopped going on about its type coverage years ago. Kind of sad really. I think everybody gets it now!

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
p-2 in uu noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. there is NOTHING in uu for it besides medicham. the world has ended. Glad to see Celebi back in OU. Also Politoed deserves the usage. I particulary see the specs set

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Swampert's answer to Rotom-W is destroying it with Waterfall or Superpower, since both do half or more. Standard Rotom really isn't even bulky.
Standard Swampert deals (33% - 39.2%) with Waterfall and (66.3% - 78%) with Superpower VS standard Rotom. It seems like a good enough check to me. Sure Waterfall OHKOes in the rain but a Rain boosted Hydro Pump from Rotom-W Obliterates Swampert.

You are obviously right, but I also found that SR is much harder to set up and maintain throughout the whole match than in the previous gen, mainly due to extremely aggressive nature of the metagame. I found myself forgoing Stealth Rock on some of my teams and doing alright, something which was simply unimaginable in the previous gen.
QFT. Its also much harder to spinblock without Rotom-A in particular, Rapid Spin Excadrill beating every spinblocker hands down. Although going without SR leaves you somewhat more open to threats like DDnite and Volcarona. Stealth Rocks no longer dominate the opening half of the match and to some extent drive the metagame.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
True but there are ways around that, for example if you're an offensive team forgoing SR chances are you have something like ScarfTerakkion sitting in the wings to revenge those two threats that try to sset up.

We usually get them about a week into the month, so unless circumstances have changed significantly you can probably expect them then.

Predictions, everyone?

I'm going to be a biased little bitch and say Gastrodon will rise about ten places, maybe more. I've seen it in so many battles and in so many RMTs that I wouldn't be surprised if it was OU now. I certainly see it more than Tornadus :P

I'm going to be a biased little bitch and say Gastrodon will rise about ten places, maybe more. I've seen it in so many battles and in so many RMTs that I wouldn't be surprised if it was OU now. I certainly see it more than Tornadus :P
QFT

Gastro is so awesome and can wall a lot of threats. To not mention his presence in a lot of team, and the tabloo RMT rends the defensive anti-weather core gastro-heat-skarm very famous, so, this three guys will climb the stats.
Kingdra also will see a little climb since is another good anti-rain poke.
Dugtrio is another anti-weather-inducer, used in a lot of sun teams, personally i see him more suitable in a rain team since he kill ninetails and dents Tyranitar.
Haxorus and Magnezone can climb well and Gorebyss will fall a little.

For now that's the first impression that i have.

Porygon 2 will drop a good amount and people will be pissed initially about his presence in UU but I have a feeling we'll get used to him (or he may end up in BL, but who knows?) Tornadus will climb for sure! I've been seeing him a lot even on non-rain teams.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've seen a rise in sun teams so I expect Ninetales to move up maybe 3-4 spots.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
With the influx of Thundurus and Rotom-W in OU, Gastrodon may actually replace something in OU.

I don't know about you guys, but I find Gastro more useful than Swampert in general. Don't expect it to take Choiced Outrages or Tricks to the face, though. Gee, if Thundurus were to use Grass Knot now...just like how Rotom-W is using Hidden Power Grass. (...On the other hand, this gives Virizion and many Dragon-types excellent opportunities to set up in front of it)

Gastrodon is immensely better than Swampert. All Swampert has is Stealth Rock, better physical defense, and a phazing move. With Storm Drain and the all important recovery move, Gastrodon easily surpasses Swampert. Maybe if Swampert gets a recovery move outside of Rest it can stand up to the heat that Gastrodon brings to the table.

Whimsicott wil fall a lot. tbh, I haven't seen it once during my battles (but that could be because I was so high up the ladders all the time :D)

no seriously:
50% of the people with a rating of 900 or lower use whimsicott
1% of the people above a rating of 900 use whimiscott

o.o

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think Machamp's time in OU might be done. I haven't seen one in so long...

I use Machamp on my team, the Substitute set is one of the most threatening responses to Tyranitar in the game, and with Payback + Ice Punch it's only really dealt with by stuff like Reuniclus and Volcorona, and it can deal significant damage to both if it gets a free hit. It's not as good a tank as Conkeldurr, but it can get around Gliscor, Dragonite, and gives the opponent a 50% chance of being screwed up in most circumstances.

Whimsicott wil fall a lot. tbh, I haven't seen it once during my battles (but that could be because I was so high up the ladders all the time :D)

no seriously:
50% of the people with a rating of 900 or lower use whimsicott
1% of the people above a rating of 900 use whimiscott

o.o
Wow really? I hate to say this but.... Whimsicott is clearly the 5th gen "E-vire" (as in, overhyped but isn't as good as we thought) :p

Anyway, If P2 drops to UU. Hopefully Machamp drops down too. P2 + Dusclops cores anyone? Beaten by Knock Off but whatever.

Wow really? I hate to say this but.... Whimsicott is clearly the 5th gen "E-vire" (as in, overhyped but isn't as good as we thought) :p

Anyway, If P2 drops to UU. Hopefully Machamp drops down too. P2 + Dusclops cores anyone? Beaten by Knock Off but whatever.
To be fair, Porygon 2 and Dusclops aren't too bad without their hold items. Not too much worse than other Pokemon are without their hold items. I know it's different generations and everything, but Porygon 2 and Dusclops were OU in Generation III, before they evolved, so they are capable without Eviolite. Although I know Generation III isn't the same as Gen V, but you know that I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)