| 27 | Gothitelle | 7.26438% | 49289 | 1.233% | 36895 | 1.231% |
| 28 | Amoonguss | 7.20277% | 68912 | 1.724% | 50277 | 1.678% |
| 29 | Quagsire | 6.71087% | 56253 | 1.408% | 42102 | 1.405% |

definition of a healthy meta right there

| 77 | Shedinja | 1.34481% | 23450 | 0.587% | 16046 | 0.536% |
lmao

Ping_Pong_Along

Bitches love underscores
(Also, Trevenant should come down to NU, seriously why was that thing RU is the first place? New toy hype I suppose)
Blame UU. They hung onto Trev forever. We're giving up on it pretty quickly, comparatively.

As far as stats go, I'm seeing some encouraging trends. Cinccino usage is down about 1.5% from last month (still not where it should be) and Slowking and Abomasnow look like they might finally drop after UU stole them from us. Fingers crossed for next month.

There are practically no changes in usage. Big surprise, Garchomp and Landorus-T are top of the list again followed by the same pretty much 10 Pokemon (except Tornadus jumped in use ALOT). Oh well. Maybe one day my mixed tier team will be fully recognized in the OU.

| 40 | Ambipom | 6.313% |
| 50 | Typhlosion | 4.798% |

Obligatory "why the fuck are these things still RU" post.
Look on the bright side: Ambipom's usage is down from last month!

...by like a third of a percent...

Seriously, why do people keep clinging to this shitmon? I feel like popping into RU matches and shouting, "STOP USING AMBIPOM. LET IT DROP DOWN TO NU WHERE IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE USEFUL."

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
| 18 | Sableye | 11.82887% | 272753 | 6.825% | 226689 | 7.566% |
| 20 | Chansey | 11.04751% | 218018 | 5.455% | 156759 | 5.232% |
| 27 | Gothitelle | 7.26438% | 49289 | 1.233% | 36895 | 1.231% |
| 28 | Amoonguss | 7.20277% | 68912 | 1.724% | 50277 | 1.678% |
| 29 | Quagsire | 6.71087% | 56253 | 1.408% | 42102 | 1.405% |

definition of a healthy meta right there

| 77 | Shedinja | 1.34481% | 23450 | 0.587% | 16046 | 0.536% |
lmao
Ok

What the actual fuck...

sigh

Guess it is time to test swinub in PU, rip best stealth rock user in the tier. Looking forward to next month.

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
Piloswine moved from PU to NU.

Okay NU first you take away the best Pokémon in PU now you take the most used?

Wow NU please drop something.
Why are you complaining about this. Poliwrath definitely kept a large chunk of the meta in check but this thing is far from a necessity for PU. I'm more than happy that it rose.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dear UU,
Please give up on Vaporeon and Milotic. They are outclassed by other things most of the time, and they need to drop to RU where they'll actually be good. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please give up on Ambipom and Cinccino. They are outclassed by other things in literally every scenario, and they need to drop to NU where they'll actually be good. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please give up on Typhlosion. It is outclassed by other things in literally every scenario, and it needs to drop despite being banned in NU to encourage bad players to stop using it. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please give up on Trevenant. It is outclassed by other things in literally every scenario, and it needs to drop to NU where it will still be outclassed by all of Torterra, Gourgeist, Roselia, Cacturne and Misdreavus anyway. Thank you.

Dear future NU,
Please give up on Trevenant as soon as you get it. It is outclassed by other things in almost every scenario, and it needs to drop so that it can rot at the bottom of the PU viability rankings. Thank you.

edit:
Dear OU,
Please give up on Sylveon and Conkeldurr. They are noticably less consistent than a number of other Pokémon - including a number of UU and BL 'mons - and are not good on a wide enough range of teams to justify their levels of usage. Thank you.
Did I miss anything?

Last edited:
Dear UU,
Please give up on Vaporeon and Milotic. They are outclassed by other things most of the time, and they need to drop to RU where they'll actually be good. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please give up on Ambipom and Cinccino. They are outclassed by other things in literally every scenario, and they need to drop to NU where they'll actually be good. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please give up on Typhlosion. It is outclassed by other things in literally every scenario, and it needs to drop despite being banned in NU to encourage bad players to stop using it. Thank you.

Dear RU,
Please give up on Trevenant. It is outclassed by other things in literally every scenario, and it needs to drop to NU where it will still be outclassed by all of Torterra, Gourgeist, Roselia, Cacturne and Misdreavus anyway. Thank you.

Dear future NU,
Please give up on Trevenant as soon as you get it. It is outclassed by other things in almost every scenario, and it needs to drop so that it can rot at the bottom of the PU viability rankings. Thank you.
Did I miss anything?
OU should really give up on Sylveon too.

PU: stop using avalugg, torkoal, electrode, marowak, frogadier, lapras and whirlipede, and start using vigoroth, regice, sawsbuck, simisage, and venipede; all of the former group suck and all of the latter group are very good

yes there are really that many more than higher tiers

Sadly, getting tiers to lose shitmons takes a lot of effort. It took a long while for UU to lose Scrafty and slightly longer than that for RU to lose Hitmonchan. Besides, a lot of low ladder players DO have an effect on usage, the solution to this is use higher usage stats, but even then this doesn't guarantee the loss of bad Pokemon. (Especially for Typhlosion, in which due to the fact that you can only use Typh in RU noobs used it because its Typhlosion and not because of its viability. Typh had a good deal of usage in RU before being banned in NU, so comparing it to the likes of Throh being banned from PU and being worthless in NU and Venomoth being shit in OU even with QuiverPass as a thing (Before Speed + Attack buffs were banned with Baton Pass thus freeing Venomoth and Smeargle), as these Pokemon had no usage in the only tiers they could be used (IIRC))

(I guess its back to "DON'T USE (SHITMON)" set names like what RU did when Hitmonchan and Claydol were plaguing the tier, but Vaporeon in UU for instance isn't really Hitmonchan in RU-levels bad so not a 100% fair/unbiased solution, but it will result in usage loss so there's that)

Edit: As for Ambipom, its niche being Fake Out and being an offensive Normal-type are hard to replicate, especially the latter since the only viable alternative is Zangoose (Exploud's a special attacker while Ambi is a physical one) which is like C+ lol. (Maybe to show how bad Normal-types are in a meta run by the likes of Scrafty (who ironically enough was a shitmon in its original tier), Mega Steelix, Tyrantrum, and plenty of others) And as for Fake Out any viable mon that has it has MUCH better alternatives. These two "niches" however are the reasons people even use the stupid thing to begin with. That and what Toljik said applies as well.

Last edited:
/me checks UU stats
| 51 | Vaporeon | 5.740% |
| 53 | Milotic | 5.441% |
| 56 | Shaymin | 5.285% |
| 57 | Nidoqueen | 5.226% |
| 62 | Slowking | 3.800% |
| 63 | Abomasnow | 3.639% |
| 64 | Dragalge | 3.577% |

Seriously?
How to make every meta better: Apply a penalty score to all Eeveelutions by subtracting 3% from their usage.

Look on the bright side: Ambipom's usage is down from last month!

...by like a third of a percent...

Seriously, why do people keep clinging to this shitmon? I feel like popping into RU matches and shouting, "STOP USING AMBIPOM. LET IT DROP DOWN TO NU WHERE IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE USEFUL."
People on the low ladder have no clue how to deal with Fake Out, so they think it's an awesome move that does awesome free damage.

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How to make every meta better: Apply a penalty score to all Eeveelutions by subtracting 3% from their usage
This works until you consider that:
  • Umbreon is good enough to warrant its usage in UU
  • Jolteon is good enough to warrant its usage in RU
  • Leafeon is good in NU (edit: nvm i forgot shiftry exists)
===============================
While the topic is back on Ambipom, you know something is horribly, horribly wrong when Cinccino is a more consistent/useful relative to the rest of the meta.

tl;dr: stop using Ambipom and Cinccino

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Another gamer boy post overusing the word outclassed once more... I feel like slamming my head on the desk right now. Is like the only thing I can do after reading that...

Frogadier actually isnt so bad but pretty sure no ones that uses frogadier on ladder pack t-spikes, lol.

Looking forward for whatever the next month may bring. In the meantime, the eternal fight to reduce the usage of ambipom, cincinno and typhlosion will continue in RU.

Peace.

Martin

Another gamer boy post overusing the word outclassed once more... I feel like slamming my head on the desk right now. Is like the only thing I can do after reading that...
Overusing the word "outclassed" is my reason for existence. It's free of charge! See you next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)