Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: December 2015 (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part about sylveon not dropping is that I mostly see the trashy defensive set that is essentially worse then Clefable in any way. The only reason why anyone would really use sylveon is as a non-mega pixilate wallbreaker. It makes me so mad to see some random sylveon doing what Clefable was doing, only 100 times worse. Yes, it has more special bulk but it has no flamethrower, ice beam, thunder wave, stealth rock, focus blast, or any other notable coverage moves of clef (Shadow Ball?)​

Frankly I'm amazed Sylveon has lasted as long as it has in OU. It's not a bad Pokémon to use there, but Clefable often outclasses it and really it would do much better in UU. So would Mew, Celebi, Conkeldurr and in my opinion, Raikou and Jirachi.

Its kinda sad to that none of the Eeveelutions are viable in OU :(
Honestly if Sylveon drops it will probably be BL, or at least a better mon then florges, since it still has that Pixilated Hyper Voice coming off its 110 Sp Attk, and cleric options.

Its kinda sad to that none of the Eeveelutions are viable in OU :(
Honestly if Sylveon drops it will probably be BL, or at least a better mon then florges, since it still has that Pixilated Hyper Voice coming off its 110 Sp Attk, and cleric options.
Just because a Pokémon deserves to drop doesn't mean it's unviable. Sylveon is definitely a viable and usable Pokémon in OU otherwise it wouldn't be listed on the VR; it's just... not quite one of the Pokémon you consider first for a team.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just because a Pokémon deserves to drop doesn't mean it's unviable. Sylveon is definitely a viable and usable Pokémon in OU otherwise it wouldn't be listed on the VR; it's just... not quite one of the Pokémon you consider first for a team.
The OU viability rankings have "it worked once under very specific conditions so it must be good" syndrome and idk how much I'd trust them

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Sylveon is barely viable in OU imo because of all the better Fairies out there, like Clefable who has Magic Guard, actual coverage, and other stuff like Thunder Wave, or Mega Altaria, who while falling out of favor, still has a really good typing and good stats and a movepool, while Sylveon only has a Choice Specs set that hits hard, but is really slow so it is easily revenged. (but yet it still manages to be C+)

The amount of talk about Sylveon / Conk being bad is a little over the top. They're kinda bad, but not even close to some of these out-of-place lower tier mons. I feel like people always look for the worst handful of mons in OU and clamor for them to drop. If / when Sylveon and Conk drop, I fully expect people to jump to Celebi, Dragonite or Mew next and the whole thing will start over.

Frankly I'm amazed Sylveon has lasted as long as it has in OU. It's not a bad Pokémon to use there, but Clefable often outclasses it and really it would do much better in UU. So would Mew, Celebi, Conkeldurr and in my opinion, Raikou and Jirachi.
I think it's because choice specs pixilate hyper voice hits ridicusly hard everything that doesn't resist it (plz don't use cleric for the love of god) :
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 250-295 (78.3 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 280-330 (82.1 - 96.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 303-357 (77 - 90.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (that's cleric clefable with Unaware)

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
If sylveon and conk will drop, I think they should be suspected.
Conk is like crawdaunt w/out SD.
Sylveon is like florges but the set with calm mind is less viable

You literally just stated two mons that are currently central in the metagame. They most likely won't be suspected, considering there's loads of offensive and defensive checks and counters.

Just dropping by to say ban Machoke and at least give PU Prinplup if you're gonna take Pelipper :,(

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So... PU's hazard control now consists of Swanna, Avalugg, Wartortle, Vullaby and Vibrava

Man something needs to drop badly.

If Cryogonal drops to PU I'm guessing that Avalugg will be totally outclassed. The same should apply to Sylveon and Florges. Florges for RU if Sylveon drops, anyone?

I know, Wartortle and Drilbur (lol jk) are bad.
Does anyone else think Charizard-Base will eventually descend into the depths of NU?

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Guys if Prinplup doesn't drop just use Staryu, shit offensive presence but Spins and has Recover. Also beats Dwebble and Golem

Reason to use over Wartortle: cuz Wartortle isn't cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)