Smogon's official stance on Platinum

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rotom forms are the same pokemon IMO. You wont be able to use two different forms on a team and they should be counted as the same for the stats.

I mean, basically the difference between forms is the moveset. Like how the difference between dd mence and mixed mence is the movest.

Anyway, this wont be a big deal I dont expect, since presumeably one form will dominate useage anyway.

As for Gallade, I can wait. I dont see any real justification for adding that before anything else. It will just be annoying for people to have to adjust their teams in stages while we implement this. If the changes are never going to be used, then there isnt any urgency.

Have a nice day.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think platinum changes should be made as long as we are sure we have accurate information. No need to delay for a US release if we already know everything. If there are still things that are unclear, however, we should wait.

Rotom forms are the same pokemon IMO. You wont be able to use two different forms on a team and they should be counted as the same for the stats.

I mean, basically the difference between forms is the moveset. Like how the difference between dd mence and mixed mence is the movest.

Anyway, this wont be a big deal I dont expect, since presumeably one form will dominate useage anyway.

As for Gallade, I can wait. I dont see any real justification for adding that before anything else. It will just be annoying for people to have to adjust their teams in stages while we implement this. If the changes are never going to be used, then there isnt any urgency.

Have a nice day.
1. Actually, the way species clause is currently programmed, you can have 3 wormadam or 3 dexoys as long as they are all "different"

2. The main addition (moves) has been researched for all the final forms. So I would have no problem starting the DPP metagame.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
1. Actually, the way species clause is currently programmed, you can have 3 wormadam or 3 dexoys as long as they are all "different"
If that is the case, then by my understanding species clause is programmed wrong.

I dont know how much of a difference there is between tutor moves for unevolved pokemon and their evolved counterparts. But if it is likely insignificant then by all means add them. Well, I guess if it will only take a day for the UEs to be checked then maybe you may as well wait.. I dont really know the details.

Have a nice day.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I believe that the Platinum changes should be implemented as soon as we have all the information, though care should be taken during the Smogon Tour finals. The Rotoms should count as different Pokemon. Their special moves are not interchangeable, leading each to play differently, and besides, Shoddy is a graphical program.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Well, the fact is, they are all Rotom. They are all the same species.

Differences in moves are irellevant. A Hippowdon with an Infernape father has a different movepool to a Hippowdon with a Hippowdon father.

The difference in sprite is irellevant also, shiney pokemon arent considered different Species.

And for type difference there is Arceus.

I think it would be interesting to know what forms are being used, but as far as stats go, they primarily should be considered the same.

It would just be ridiculous for lawnmower Rotom to be OU, while fan Rotom is UU and toaster Rotom is NU.

Have a nice day.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The point about Shoddy being a graphical program was referring to the fact that the Pokemon would have to be separated on Shoddy due to the fact that each forme has its own sprite. Each form would also need to be separated due to the fact that there is no way to prevent more than one of the special moves from being selected.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Well regardless of that, they shouldnt be considered seperate pokemon for our statistics purposes, or for species clause purposes..

Have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)