STABmons+

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ya I have been using Clefable as a Shell Smash sweeper and let me tell you it has been working wonders so far. Light of Ruin just destroys everything at +2 and it can have Flamethrower and Ground Judgement for coverage. Just eliminate priority mons and bulky walls with Mega Kangaskan's Super Fang + Seismic Toss and your set.

Lcass4919 it is supposed to work that P-Don does get Fire STAB, but having stuff like V-create and Sacred Fire on already such an amazing mon especially with Thousand Arrows would be too much for the tier. I believe Eevee General meant for it to be a clause, rather than an exception. Correct me if I am wrong.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 92 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Polish
Instead of Dragon Claw, why not Swords Dance? It gives you power and Thousand Arrows already hits Giratina-O, Mega Salamence, Ho-oh and every relevant resists that Earthquake doesn't.

On the other hand, this meta actually have very good potential because it looks really "extreme" and people like extreme stuff (don't deny it. Metas like these get more plays than actually "balanced" meta). Would be a very good OMotM candidate tbh.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Instead of Dragon Claw, why not Swords Dance? It gives you power and Thousand Arrows already hits Giratina-O, Mega Salamence, Ho-oh and every relevant resists that Earthquake doesn't.

On the other hand, this meta actually have very good potential because it looks really "extreme" and people like extreme stuff (don't deny it. Metas like these get more plays than actually "balanced" meta). Would be a very good OMotM candidate tbh.
actually, the opposite is usually true. *cough cough* haxmons and linked, as extreme metas literally dying within a week of its win, vs mix and mega and fu as balanced metas which lasted the entire month and destroyed play count *cough cough* though this meta definatly has the "fun factor" ubers/AG tends to bring. so nonetheless its still a meta i'm sure some people will be aching to play.

actually, the opposite is usually true. *cough cough* haxmons and linked, as extreme metas literally dying within a week of its win, vs mix and mega and fu as balanced metas which lasted the entire month and destroyed play count *cough cough* though this meta definatly has the "fun factor" ubers/AG tends to bring. so nonetheless its still a meta i'm sure some people will be aching to play.
Oh I think I misunderstand something because I have kind of different perspective because I count Mix and Mega as an "extreme" meta. I somehow always think that metas with -atespeed abusers and crazy amount of stats/moves/abilities are "extreme metas. In this case, Mix and mega, Sketchmons, Inheritance and this.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Oh I think I misunderstand something because I have kind of different perspective because I count Mix and Mega as an "extreme" meta. I somehow always think that metas with -atespeed abusers and crazy amount of stats/moves/abilities are "extreme metas. In this case, Mix and mega, Sketchmons, Inheritance and this.
mix and mega is balanced because there are both bulkhemoths and extreme strong sweepers. all playstyles are viable; that is what "balance" is. "extreme" would be something that heavily favors one side or another. extreme metas wouldnt have stuff like mega blissey.

balance: all playstyles are viable, sometimes with a very small "one is better" gap between them. hence the term "balance". equality.

extreme: one playstyle is effective, to the point where almost every other playstyle is heavily outclassed. stuff like haxmons and linked for example. which stall was impossible to run.

mix and mega is the sole exception to the rule that "atespeeders provide a extreme meta" because mix and mega just provides so much bulky support that the atespeeds arent much of a problem, unlike inh or sketchmons, which the meta literally revolves around them

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe or 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Timid / Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp

While ekiller arceus is very potent at sweeping, arceus can also get Boomburst. It may not be as powerful as porygon z, it more than made up for it with pretty much everything else, including great speed tier, amazing bulk and still above average special attack. Sadly it cannot get both shell smash and Boomburst but that's alright because arceus can pull of a bulky cm set with will-o-wisp and Boomburst, which is very powerful after stab especially after one or two cm boosts. However ekiller is probably the best set but this is still a viable alternative if for some reason you don't need an espeeder (which is highly unlikely). The first spread outspeeds everything up to unboosted positive nature max speed base 110s and the second spread is a more bulkier one that outspeeds everything until positive max speed base 90s. Also if you prefer a full bulky set then 16 speed EVs are needed to outspeed neutral max speed base 90s

The OP said it followed the regular stabmons rule so IIRC you can't get both status and attacking move at the same time.

Also that's good too since what's stopping Extremespeed/Boomburst/shell smash/shadow claw arceus?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
No, those rules were changed after Dec 9th, so you are able to use both status and attacking moves simultaneously.

Bulky Geomancy M-Altaria maybe?
If viable, then wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Seriously though, Altaria gets too many types
If you thought Altaria got too much, LOOK AT GOD DANG ROTOM. It gets SEVEN types.

Also, going with what I just posted with Rotom getting seven types to play with now...
-Rotom-Wash gets a reliable answer to Grass-Types in the form of Hurricane or Oblivion Wing. It also gets STAB Steam Eruption.
-ALL ROTOMS GET SPORE, the go-to 100% accurate Grass-Type sleep move.
-Rotom-Heat now gets a reliable answer to ground types with Mold Breaker with Steam Eruption. Also, STAB Blue Flare.
-Rotom-Fan gets Oblivion Wing and Hurricane as STAB.
-Seed Flare Rotom-Mow.
-Rotom-Frost now gets Freeze-Dry. And all of the other Rotom Forms do.
-Fiery Dance. Why did I put Magma Storm before realizing that Fiery Dance is a better option?

And now for other things I think are going to be deadly: (aside from legendaries)
-ALL physical Fire-Types now get STAB V-Create. Wait, actually ALL fire types and Pokemon with Fire-type Forme Changes, like Kyurem-B.
-Steam Eruption on all Water Types, including Kyogre. Also, just look at Primal Kyogre's MONSTROUS Base 180 Special Attack. And Steam Eruption's power is boosted to heights that reach the nearest GALAXY in our universe because of Primordial Sea, which also doesn't prevent Burns.
-Meloetta with Boomburst, Focus Blast, AND Psystrike.
-Oh, and imagine Primal Groudon. Because it gets Swords Dance AND Rock Polish, it can set up SD, then just obliterate everything with STAB Desolate Land-boosted V-Create. Also it can Rock Polish off of the speed drops V-Create causes. Ouch.
I have what may be the most unpredictable mon in this meta in my next post, coming in a few seconds or so.

Don't you DARE forget about MEGA KANGASKHAN. While it gets ESpeed, Shell Smash, and a bunch more, PARENTAL BOND MAKES THIS THING A SAVAGE. I mean, it uses anything TWICE, with the second hit having 50% less power, but guess what? Parental Bond is literally Serene Grace and Simple in one ability which allows Mega Kangaskhan to attack two times as well. It can use Shell Smash with the effect of Simple, +4 Atk, SpA, and Spe, -2 Def and SpD, and Headbutt essentially gets the 60% chance to flinch like Serene Grace. It also becomes very unpredictable, now being able to use instant recovery moves like Recover and Soft-Boiled, and also gets Rapid Spin, Glare, and a ton of other stuff WITH ITS CURRENT MOVEPOOL. I dunno if this thing should be banned from this or not due to it getting such a large movepool in conjunction with its amazing ability.

The Immortal says: use the edit button

Last edited by a moderator:

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also, going with what I just posted with Rotom getting seven types to play with now...
-Rotom-Wash gets a reliable answer to Grass-Types in the form of Hurricane or Oblivion Wing. It also gets STAB Steam Eruption.
Rotom-W has no business trying to hit Grass-types on the switch-in, because that's unreliable and it'd rather cripple them with a status move
-ALL ROTOMS GET SPORE, the go-to 100% accurate Grass-Type sleep move.
They have no moveslot space for it, and way more interesting Grass-types like Shaymin-S are out there
-Rotom-Heat now gets a reliable answer to ground types with Mold Breaker with Steam Eruption. Also, STAB Blue Flare.
-Rotom-Fan gets Oblivion Wing and Hurricane as STAB.
-Seed Flare Rotom-Mow.
-Rotom-Frost now gets Freeze-Dry. And all of the other Rotom Forms do.
try regular STABmons
also Steam Eruption Rotom-H makes no sense as a weak non-STAB
-Fiery Dance. Why did I put Magma Storm before realizing that Fiery Dance is a better option?
Magma Storm is quite a good move, because of its residual damage and great trapping effect. The normally defensive Rotom formes prefer Lava Plume or the powerful Blue Flare anyway.

I would never use a Rotom forme in an Ubers-based metagame.

And now for other things I think are going to be deadly: (aside from legendaries)
-ALL physical Fire-Types now get STAB V-Create. Wait, actually ALL fire types and Pokemon with Fire-type Forme Changes, like Kyurem-B.
tbh the only good Fire-type not named Primal Groudon is probably Ho-Oh. I can't imagine the Mega Charizard formes and Heatran being used
-Steam Eruption on all Water Types, including Kyogre. Also, just look at Primal Kyogre's MONSTROUS Base 180 Special Attack. And Steam Eruption's power is boosted to heights that reach the nearest GALAXY in our universe because of Primordial Sea, which also doesn't prevent Burns.
Origin Pulse is stronger, Scald is more reliable, and Primal Groudon is still an enormous thorn in Primal Kyogre's side.
-Meloetta with Boomburst, Focus Blast, AND Psystrike.
try normal STABmons. Meloetta is near unviable in an Ubers-based metagame.
-Oh, and imagine Primal Groudon. Because it gets Swords Dance AND Rock Polish, it can set up SD, then just obliterate everything with STAB Desolate Land-boosted V-Create. Also it can Rock Polish off of the speed drops V-Create causes. Ouch.
Primal Groudon is barred from learning new Fire-type moves
I have what may be the most unpredictable mon in this meta in my next post, coming in a few seconds or so.
Mega Kangaskhan suffers serious competition from other Megas and Headbutt does not have a 60% chance to flinch, it has a 51% chance. It's very unpredictable, but it can't fit all its moves on one set. The classic Fake Out + Extreme Speed is probably good enough for it.

Please generally don't spam posting in a thread as Jajoken said. Check out the forum rules.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Scrappy
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake / Crunch

Get rid of Ghosts and watch it wrekt

EV

Banned deucer.
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash
- Earthquake / Crunch

Get rid of Ghosts and watch it wrekt
You're forgetting the main Mega Mom niche: Super Fang. Run it over Boomburst.

Speaking of Mega Kang, I think I like this set.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Super Fang
- Seismic Toss

This thing is basically unwallable by non-Ghost types. If you face a stall team, click Super Fang and watch things have its health reduced by 75%. Then click Seismic Toss and it's guaranteed to die. Yes, this thing is GUARANTEED to kill any non Ghost in 2 hits, because in order to live Super Fang + Seismic Toss, you must have 200 HP or more AFTER getting hit by Super Fang. If I calculate, a poke must have a MINIMUM HP of 641 with Leftovers to live a Super Fang and a Seismic Toss, because 640 getting HP chopped off by 75% is 160 and with Leftovers recovery, it recovers 40 HP (6.25% of 640) , making it has 200 HP. 200 HP is the range of double Seismic Toss to KO. So, only Blissey or Chansey with Leftovers can survive from getting 2HKO'd by this thing.

No matter how bulky any switchins, or how many resistances it has, it WILL be 2HKO'd as long as it's not Ghost type. The Fake Out and Extremespeed is just filler, as I don't know what's the appropriate move for this. Maybe Recover?

Last edited:
Diggersby Tho Here is Belly Drum Azumarill, but better in most ways

Diggersby @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Recover

Belly Drum gives 1856 Attack with Huge Power, Extreme Speed is a great STAB and priority move, Earthquake is good coverage and STAB, Knock off hits Ghost/Levitate mons' and removes the opponents item, and recover adds longevity. Add more to this with a reply or just make your own set.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
May I ask, why does kyurem get access to Fire/Electric type moves (or at the least is listed as so)? I'm pretty sure all the forms are Dragon/Ice (Unless it was like this and it changed in Gen 6, I don't remember). I get that it's Kyurem fused with Zekrom/Reshiram but it doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

May I ask, why does kyurem get access to Fire/Electric type moves (or at the least is listed as so)? I'm pretty sure all the forms are Dragon/Ice (Unless it was like this and it changed in Gen 6, I don't remember). I get that it's Kyurem fused with Zekrom/Reshiram but it doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
Kyurem gets fusion flare and bolt from fusing, so I'd imagine that gaining moves happens in the same way.

Bit of an irrelevant question, but.... If generation jumping is allowed, does that mean all Normal types get access to Charm, Moonlight, and Sweet Kiss because they were Normal type moves in previous generations? I think this kind of makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this (I didn't read all the pages), but...

Edit: Nevermind all of this. Seems like Fire Moves in PDon are banned.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Heat Crash
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Coverage/Filler/Ground STAB

You may be unfamilliar with Heat Crash as it's a signature move of Emboar, a RU mon who uses Flare Blitz with Reckless for better damage anyways. Heat crash is basically Fire-Type Heavy Slam. PDon is the heaviest mon in the game (999.7 kg) so it can now have a almost always 120 fire STAB move under the sun without having the Flare Blitz recoil or the V-Create drops. And I really doubt there's anything that will make the move have a low bp (Perhaps Pdon itself but you have Ground Moves for a reason)

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this (I didn't read all the pages), but...

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Heat Crash
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Coverage/Filler/Ground STAB

You may be unfamilliar with Heat Crash as it's a signature move of Emboar, a RU mon who uses Flare Blitz with Reckless for better damage anyways. Heat crash is basically Fire-Type Heavy Slam. PDon is the heaviest mon in the game (999.7 kg) so it can now have a almost always 120 fire STAB move under the sun without having the Flare Blitz recoil or the V-Create drops. And I really doubt there's anything that will make the move have a low bp (Perhaps Pdon itself but you have Ground Moves for a reason)
Primal Groudon doesn't actually get fire to prevent a ban, so that's out. V-create and Sacred fire would almost alwaysbe superior anyway, because all of ubers is really heavy so you'll very rarely go over 100 base power (it has 80 vs arc).

If you want to run Primal Groudon, something like RP/SD/TArrows/Fire Punch would probably to better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)